This is a read-only archive of the old Scratch 1.x Forums.
Try searching the current Scratch discussion forums.

#1 2007-03-14 19:26:31

hoffman
Scratcher

NSF Grant Officer?

Could you provide me with the email address of the NSF grant officer for the Scratch Project?  I would like to register a formal complaint about the project's failure to comply with the following clause in NSF Grant No. 0325828:

"Scratch source code will be made freely available via periodic code releases to allow collaborators to augment the core system with their own custom features and extensions."

Thank you.

#2 2007-03-15 07:25:52

mres
Scratch Team

Re: NSF Grant Officer?

Thanks for your interest in Scratch.

We plan to release the source code for Scratch sometime later this year. We have been very busy getting the software and website ready for public release. Now that the website is up and running, we expect that we will have more time to get the source code ready to share.

Please check back in a few months. Or, if you'd like to find out more about our plans (or to make suggestions), please feel free to contact me (mres at media-dot-mit-dot-edu) or John Maloney (jmaloney at media-dot-mit-dot-edu), who is in charge of software development on the project.

Mitchel Resnick
Professor of Learning Research
MIT Media Lab

Last edited by mres (2007-03-26 11:14:42)

#3 2007-04-12 22:31:09

tjolson
Scratcher

Re: NSF Grant Officer?

Ahhhh, that was an interesting way to ask when the source code would be released. :-) LOL

Board footer