This is a read-only archive of the old Scratch 1.x Forums.
Try searching the current Scratch discussion forums.

#51 2012-12-10 17:43:25

gkc
Scratcher

Re: Best and Worst Boss Fights in Video Games

i like the Final Fantasy XII boss sequence and portal and portal 2 bossses, even though they were easy.

#52 2012-12-11 02:43:50

NeilWest
Scratcher

Portal 2 was the best, mainly because of the originality and humour included despite the fact it was really easy.

#53 2012-12-11 19:58:25

FunDude
Scratcher

Kingdom Hearts Recoded was pretty fun, but too easy. The bosses were good though.

best: Pete, great boss theme and fun to fight.

worst: Guard Armor, fun theme, but takes far too long to reach.

LOL signature fail

#54 2012-12-11 20:54:52

ImagineIt
Scratcher

haxcharsol wrote:

Primal Dialga.
*ragequits*
It's hard ESPECIALLY if you don't have a fire type on your team.

I ragequit a lot in PMD.

I felt the same with Mystery Dungeon Red's Rayquayza...

#55 2012-12-11 20:59:43

haxcharsol
Scratcher

ImagineIt wrote:

haxcharsol wrote:

Primal Dialga.
*ragequits*

I ragequit a lot in PMD.

Rayquaza was easy for me. I was a Squirtle and I had Icebeam so...
Moltres was hard for me recently. Though this time I was a Charmander and my partner was a Bulbasaur, so you could imagine how hard it would be.

Goodbye 1.4.
http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_mbfh6bIamQ1qky11ho1_500.png

#56 2013-03-11 17:08:11

sk8rdude29
Scratcher

To me, Robot-01 from scott pilgrim is awful

[Half-Active User]
My 1st User was sk8rdude92 and I joined in 2007

#57 2013-03-11 19:31:01

Shadow36821
Scratcher

Their is actually 2 best booses in my opinion:

Hades from Kid Icarus:Uprising

and

Demise from TLoZ skyward sword

Worst boss? hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

#58 2013-03-11 22:19:01

haxcharsol
Scratcher

The best boss for me was probably that boss in Jabu Jabu's Stomach in Ocarina of Time.
That was fun.

Goodbye 1.4.
http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_mbfh6bIamQ1qky11ho1_500.png

#59 2013-03-11 22:40:03

MrFlash67
Scratcher

Portal2. Great dialogue. (5 speaking charicters! In one scene! In a Portal game!), great gameplay, and best video game ending EVER.

Who would win, SOPA or PIPA?

#60 2013-03-12 00:08:47

AnimeCreatorArtist
Scratcher

Wheatley
Robot Patrick
Unlimited Hazama
Puppet Ganon

http://images2.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20121209020158/adventuretimewithfinnandjake/images/9/93/Prismo.png
I'm basically honorary nasty. N-n-n-n-nasty jazz

#61 2013-03-12 07:03:25

HotCocoa28
Scratcher

Fore best bosses, I'll throw down:

The Necromancer in Castle Crashers for the epic music and the build-up to the fight

Gnome from Tales of Symphonia for the humor and difficulty

Pre-origin boss fight (couldn't say name for spoiler reasons) for the the amount of challenge and emotion in this fight, truly an epic duel.

Final boss from Portal 2 for the humor, build-up and awesomeness.

Final boss from Kid Icarus Uprising for humor and how much fun it is just to shoot everything.

For worst:

Corn boss from castle crashers for it's insane amount of health and how stupidly fast it gets at teleporting.

Hades' Heart for EVERYTHING.

"I just had a staring contest with a wall!"

#62 2013-03-15 18:37:17

ReadyRobin
Scratcher

Ugghh for some reason Dark Star in Bowser's Inside Story killed me
Yet i found the final Fawful virus really easy

-ReadyRobin
http://media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m61vuszCkS1r6wmgv.gif

#63 2013-03-15 18:43:57

ImagineIt
Scratcher

haxcharsol wrote:

ImagineIt wrote:

haxcharsol wrote:

Primal Dialga.
*ragequits*

I ragequit a lot in PMD.

Rayquaza was easy for me. I was a Squirtle and I had Icebeam so...
Moltres was hard for me recently. Though this time I was a Charmander and my partner was a Bulbasaur, so you could imagine how hard it would be.

Well then again, I was 5.  tongue

#64 2013-03-15 18:54:17

blazerv82
Scratcher

Primal Dialga, both in the present and future (however, i feel the future fight was toned down some)
Jinpachi and Azazel (thankfully Unknown is much easier)
That pile of ooze that turns into something you can hit after activating switches in Devil May Cry. The second encounter is very hard, with very limited room to move and avoid it. I'm still working on this boss to eventually fight Mundus.
Whatshisname from The Darkness II (ill admit i never actually finished the battle; time constraints)

Pretty Hate Machine, Broken, Closer To God, The Downward Spiral, Further Down The Spiral, The Perfect Drug, The Fragile, And All That Could Have Been, With Teeth, Year Zero, Y34RZ3R0R3M1X3D, Ghosts I-IV, The Slip, Pretty Hate Machine 2010

#65 2013-03-30 09:42:02

luigiracer2000
Scratcher

wasabi56 wrote:

777w wrote:

wasabi56 wrote:

Best: Final/second to final in any zelda game.
Strangest: Majora from legend of zelda or Waddle Dee from Kirby superstar ultra.
Worst: Waddle Dee from Kirby superstar ultra  hmm

waddle dee is a joke, not a serious battle to the death  tongue

But it is in the boss format, so technically it is a boss  lol

Waddle dee is probably the only boss best fought without an ability.  big_smile

Floor Ice-cream Gives You Health!!!

#66 2013-03-30 09:57:21

Shadow36821
Scratcher

Hades(from kid icarus uprising) and demise(from skyward sword) are both awesome bosses.

One of the worst bosses ever has to be iblis from sonic 06. He takes way to long to defeat and the camera is always looking in the wrong direction.

#67 2013-03-30 10:30:56

TheCatAndTheBanana
Scratcher

Hardest is the dragon-turtle in Jazz Jackrabbit 2 (but it's worth it for the best outro to a game ever).

My Newest Project!
Ceta? wat r u doin? CETA! STAHP!

#68 2013-04-03 05:05:43

rleyfield
Scratcher

I'm playing as I type this. I Just paused it. It is Flying Hamster final boss. Hamster Defence Force. I Am about to spoil so highlight beneath if you want to find out what it is.
A Giant alien with a remote controlled plane shooting you. Once you destroy that, he gets a huge shotgun thrown down and he fires like crazy. Available on PS3/PSP/PS Vita/iPad/iPhone.

PS3 and PSP Username: REDWILD2113 look out for me on LittleBIGPlanet 2 (PS3) LittleBigPlanet Portable (PSP)

#69 2013-04-03 07:58:08

gigamushroom
Scratcher

Mr. L (From Super Paper Mario) is my best boss. Even though he was kind of easy,
He is like.. the coolest baddy in the universe, and I'll STILL will not forget his theme.

"My new country has no need for old superstars! It'll do just fine with only one: The Great Gigamushroom!"

#70 2013-04-03 08:10:45

liam48D
Scratcher

I really liked the final boss in Grandia 3, Xorn. He is the only REAL final boss in the Grandia series. Gaia Core is not that cool. It would have been a LOT funner to fight Gaia itself. And the butterfly soul thingy in Grandia II wasn't cool at all.

#71 2013-04-03 20:58:53

ElectricSparx
Scratcher

Best boss: Sonic Before the Sequel's final boss. Kicks butt even for a veteran player.
Worst boss: Labyrinth Zone. That's all I should have to say.

Lead Developer for Scratch Adventure

#72 2013-04-03 21:15:53

HotCocoa28
Scratcher

epicepicman wrote:

Best boss ever? The last fight of Kid Icarus:Uprising. Warning, there are spoilers, so I recomend skipping this part if you haven't beat it yet. Otherwise, highlight below. (And if you're quoting, change the color of the text to white.)

So Pit was equipped with the Great Sacred Treasure, since Hades (he's the real villan, Medusa is a fake) destroyed the Three Sacred Treasure. So, Hades pops out of the ground and you fight off with him. It's just standard boss-battle from there. But, when you almost finish him. he jumps up and destroys the Great Sacred Treasure. You start falling from the sky, but you land on a little platform below. Then, Medusa comes in to help weaken Hades, saying "I won't be the puppet anymore!" You then fly up to confront Hades again, while Pauletna charges the gun of the Great Sacred Treasure, which is left almost unharmed. You fly around for a few seconds, doging his eye lasers, and when the gun is charged up, you fire a finishing blow, wiping out Hades and saving the day!

Now, the worst boss... @Cozyhut3 Yes, the only boss I still haven't beaten. I broke my DS trying to press the button and had to go through a painful year of using my sisters DSi for everything. Now, I have a 3DS, and while that was a fun boss, I hate it because of the whole breaking-my-DS-thing.

Speaking of button-mashing bosses:

Did anyone else have trouble with the final boss of Bowser's Inside Story? I know the boss itself shouldn't have been hard, but the button-mashing seemed so picky...

I never beat that game because of that.

#73 2013-04-04 00:33:19

mattb777
Scratcher

HotCocoa28 wrote:

epicepicman wrote:

Best boss ever? The last fight of Kid Icarus:Uprising. Warning, there are spoilers, so I recomend skipping this part if you haven't beat it yet. Otherwise, highlight below. (And if you're quoting, change the color of the text to white.)

So Pit was equipped with the Great Sacred Treasure, since Hades (he's the real villan, Medusa is a fake) destroyed the Three Sacred Treasure. So, Hades pops out of the ground and you fight off with him. It's just standard boss-battle from there. But, when you almost finish him. he jumps up and destroys the Great Sacred Treasure. You start falling from the sky, but you land on a little platform below. Then, Medusa comes in to help weaken Hades, saying "I won't be the puppet anymore!" You then fly up to confront Hades again, while Pauletna charges the gun of the Great Sacred Treasure, which is left almost unharmed. You fly around for a few seconds, doging his eye lasers, and when the gun is charged up, you fire a finishing blow, wiping out Hades and saving the day!

Now, the worst boss... @Cozyhut3 Yes, the only boss I still haven't beaten. I broke my DS trying to press the button and had to go through a painful year of using my sisters DSi for everything. Now, I have a 3DS, and while that was a fun boss, I hate it because of the whole breaking-my-DS-thing.

Did anyone else have trouble with the final boss of Bowser's Inside Story? I know the boss itself shouldn't have been hard, but the button-mashing seemed so picky...

I got stuck on Ice Midbus. But I played that at age 11, so my reaction time wasn't exactly perfect...

I'm back  big_smile

#74 2013-04-04 06:34:29

HotCocoa28
Scratcher

mattb777 wrote:

HotCocoa28 wrote:

epicepicman wrote:

I got stuck on Ice Midbus. But I played that at age 11, so my reaction time wasn't exactly perfect...

Funny, I played it when I was 11 too.

#75 2013-04-04 08:10:54

iaoumeur
Scratcher

I haven't played Portal 2 but it looks epic and I so want to get it...

Best boss/Most liked: Koloktos From The legend of Zelda: Skyward Swrod

Worst boss: Blizzetta From The Legend of Zelda: Twilight princess. Reason: Kind of easy

The Dot 3 is out!!! Play it here!

Board footer