This is a read-only archive of the old Scratch 1.x Forums.
Try searching the current Scratch discussion forums.

#126 2012-09-16 21:37:40

Animeboy975
Scratcher

Re: Wii U Official Topic Thread

banana500 wrote:

Really, all I care about for this console is its game library.

The main reason that I hated the Wii was because it had EXTREMELY kiddy games and no cool awesome games. I mean, Super Mario Galaxy and Mario Kart Wii were fun while they lasted, but now they're getting old. And by "cool awesome games", I don't mean COD or BF3 or any of that, but really, Nintendo needs to wake up and start licensing some cooler games! The only game on the Wii that has kept me entertained for a while is Metroid Prime 3: Corruption, which is actually, IMO, the best Wii game ever.

I saw that the Wii U has Assassin's Creed III, Batman: Arkham City (Armored Editon), Ninja Gaiden 3, which all look pretty cool.

What I'm really hopped up for is full-fledged, epic Metroid game. Now if Nintendo made something like Metroid Prime 4 or something in the vibe of the original NES game, then I'm all for it! Also, even if Nintendo made a new Star Fox or F-Zero, then that would be freaking epic.

What I'm saying is Nintendo has to start reviving their old franchises instead of justing milking the same freaking Mario game over and over again.

What about Brawl? It's a great game.

http://i48.tinypic.com/2zqr6o6.gifMiiverse:Ryanshy47

#127 2012-09-16 22:09:51

banana500
Scratcher

Animeboy975 wrote:

banana500 wrote:

The main reason that I hated the Wii was because it had EXTREMELY kiddy games and no cool awesome games. I mean, Super Mario Galaxy and Mario Kart Wii were fun while they lasted, but now they're getting old. And by "cool awesome games", I don't mean COD or BF3 or any of that, but really, Nintendo needs to wake up and start licensing some cooler games! The only game on the Wii that has kept me entertained for a while is Metroid Prime 3: Corruption, which is actually, IMO, the best Wii game ever.

I saw that the Wii U has Assassin's Creed III, Batman: Arkham City (Armored Editon), Ninja Gaiden 3, which all look pretty cool.

What I'm really hopped up for is full-fledged, epic Metroid game. Now if Nintendo made something like Metroid Prime 4 or something in the vibe of the original NES game, then I'm all for it! Also, even if Nintendo made a new Star Fox or F-Zero, then that would be freaking epic.

What I'm saying is Nintendo has to start reviving their old franchises instead of justing milking the same freaking Mario game over and over again.

Brawl was a great game, but I'm kinda sick of that one too.

Basically, it's been a long time since Nintendo's made an F-Zero or Star Fox game. They should really revive those franchises for the Wii U. That'll help restore my faith in Nintendo.

Also, I really don't like Mario games. At all. They are the same thing over and over and over again. Jeez, Princess Peach, get some freaking bodyguards! The only good Mario games I can think of are the original Super Mario Bros, SMB 3, 64, and Galaxy.

I know, I know, you guys are probably loading up your shotguns right now, but hear me out. I'm just waiting for a new Metroid or Star Fox game.

http://i.imgur.com/jrCyB2r.gif
'Cause I'm NUMBER ONE.

#128 2012-09-16 22:47:57

Laternenpfahl
Scratcher

bah

OUYA iz much beturz

(...not)

I don't like the gamepad thingy

http://i46.tinypic.com/6yd4c0.png

#129 2012-09-17 08:33:27

CheckItNow12
Scratcher

banana500 wrote:

Animeboy975 wrote:

banana500 wrote:

Basically, it's been a long time since Nintendo's made an F-Zero or Star Fox game. They should really revive those franchises for the Wii U. That'll help restore my faith in Nintendo.

Also, I really don't like Mario games. At all. They are the same thing over and over and over again. Jeez, Princess Peach, get some freaking bodyguards! The only good Mario games I can think of are the original Super Mario Bros, SMB 3, 64, and Galaxy.

I know, I know, you guys are probably loading up your shotguns right now, but hear me out. I'm just waiting for a new Metroid or Star Fox game.

Miyamoto stated that he would love to bring Star Fox to the Wii U, so we might be seeing a new SF game in the future.

And what about Sf64 3d? That one has been out for less than a year. But yeah, Metroid/ Star fox on the Wii U would be pretty cool.

http://i992.photobucket.com/albums/af47/NicolBolas_Alara/Doctor%20Who/raincry.gif

#130 2012-09-17 08:45:12

mythbusteranimator
Scratcher

The Wii is sorta dead now; I have one, and I hardly play it anymore. The Xbox, PS, 3DS are all better now, and the WiiU is an attempt to revive the Wii. I personally hope it works.

http://www.foxtrot.com/comics/2012-04-01-fdb37077.gif
clicky

#131 2012-09-17 09:30:41

ImagineIt
Scratcher

mythbusteranimator wrote:

The Wii is sorta dead now; I have one, and I hardly play it anymore. The Xbox, PS, 3DS are all better now, and the WiiU is an attempt to revive the Wii. I personally hope it works.

IT WILL.

#132 2012-09-17 10:05:08

banana500
Scratcher

CheckItNow12 wrote:

banana500 wrote:

Animeboy975 wrote:

Miyamoto stated that he would love to bring Star Fox to the Wii U, so we might be seeing a new SF game in the future.

And what about Sf64 3d? That one has been out for less than a year. But yeah, Metroid/ Star fox on the Wii U would be pretty cool.

SF64 3D really doesn't count, since it's just a remake.

'Cause I'm NUMBER ONE.

#133 2012-09-17 10:28:43

CheckItNow12
Scratcher

It should. It has enough hardcore games to attract teens/young adults and TREMENDOUS third-party support. Something the Wii never had. Not only that, but the Wii U models are sold out at Best Buy and Target, and the Deluxe set is sold out at Gamestop. Once again, another sign that it should be very successful.

Let's hope that the "Wii Sold Out" Fiasco doesn't happen with the Wii U, though. I don't want to wait a year just to get a Wii U.

Last edited by CheckItNow12 (2012-09-17 10:30:19)

http://i992.photobucket.com/albums/af47/NicolBolas_Alara/Doctor%20Who/raincry.gif

#134 2012-09-17 11:49:49

ImagineIt
Scratcher

Why Must You Be On Vacation Mom? I Want To Preorder It!

#135 2012-09-17 11:54:37

mythbusteranimator
Scratcher

Xd

clicky

#136 2012-09-17 13:41:43

jukyter
Scratcher

Xd

Xd lol roflsauce

cause a bird and a fish could fall in love/but where would they live?

#137 2012-09-17 13:54:56

mythbusteranimator
Scratcher

jukyter wrote:

Xd

Xd lol roflsauce

roll

clicky

#138 2012-09-18 04:21:43

pggurgaon
New Scratcher

Wii is rubbish lying in my backyard.......

http://girls-accommodation-in-gurgaon-pg.blogspot.in/

#139 2012-09-18 06:00:06

sonicfan12p
Scratcher

The Wii U Definitely has a chance, with cool features such as being able to play while the TV is in use already, better graphics, ect. But I agree with a lot of previous posts, their recent games have been, well, junk. I see some comercials for them, see them in gamestop, and almost none of them even appeal to me. Any game we have for Wii is a few years old, so they need to do much better with Wii U. They have the technology to ake great FPS games, along with many other things. But they keep failing to capitalize on it. They are out of ideas, lacking innovation, and it is going to hurt them eventually. The kinect is infinite times better than the Wiimote, since there is less chance of hitting something, you don't accidentally throw it at the television, it actually senses you, and not a single point that may or may not be attached to you, the list goes on and on. Playing Kinect for too long will wear you out, like it was supposed to, but if you've seen Despicable Me, when Vector was playing his Wii, he was barely moving. It was all wrist, ruining the "exercise" appeal of it. From what I've heard, the Wii U isn't upgrading their motion sensing, a pretty huge error in my opinion. It was glitchy when it first came out, it still is. Granted, Kinect is glitchy too, but it only happens intermittently, lasting a second or two, but with the Wiimote, it can last your whole game time. Playing golf on Wii sports is a nightmare when that happens. I'm glad they are updating graphics capabilities, but whatever Microsoft and Sony comes out with are bound to be better in a year or so. Nintendo is losing pace, they need new inspiration, or they will eventually fail.

Why are the secret organizations getting all the attention?  mad

#140 2012-09-18 21:47:16

Animeboy975
Scratcher

banana500 wrote:

Animeboy975 wrote:

banana500 wrote:

Brawl does get old after a while, but the multiplayer is beyond fun.

And, I love Mario games to death. NSMB2 was really original, IMO.

http://i48.tinypic.com/2zqr6o6.gifMiiverse:Ryanshy47

#141 2012-09-18 22:37:04

haxcharsol
Scratcher

3DS owners! If you go to the E shop you can look at upcoming games for the Wii U. I've looked and there was a lot of good looking games.

Goodbye 1.4.
http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_mbfh6bIamQ1qky11ho1_500.png

#142 2012-09-18 22:41:32

soupoftomato
Scratcher

banana500 wrote:

Animeboy975 wrote:

banana500 wrote:

Brawl was okay, but I think Melee was better. Brawl with 20-stock lives and 2 people is fun though.

And Mario games are based on the actual gameplay. There's not a good story because the one they always use is only there to give SOME sort of reasoning to the quest.

And yeah, new entries in those areas would be great! I think they've gotten better at revitalizing old franchises (Kid Icarus) though and we could actually expect some.

I'm glad to think that the community will always be kind and helpful, the language will always be a fun and easy way to be introduced into programming, the motto will always be: Imagine, Program, Share - Nomolos

#143 2012-09-19 10:02:49

banana500
Scratcher

soupoftomato wrote:

banana500 wrote:

Animeboy975 wrote:

Brawl was okay, but I think Melee was better. Brawl with 20-stock lives and 2 people is fun though.

And Mario games are based on the actual gameplay. There's not a good story because the one they always use is only there to give SOME sort of reasoning to the quest.

And yeah, new entries in those areas would be great! I think they've gotten better at revitalizing old franchises (Kid Icarus) though and we could actually expect some.

Oh, oh, and do you know what would be absolutely amazing? If Nintendo got Konami to remake Contra (the NES classic) for the Wii U.  big_smile   big_smile   big_smile

'Cause I'm NUMBER ONE.

#144 2012-09-19 11:49:24

NeilWest
Scratcher

banana500 wrote:

I'm looking forward to ZombiU and Ninja Gaiden.

ZombiU because it's a really good survival horror game with much better graphics than CoD Zombies.

Ninja Gaiden because it's a really sleek, realistic fighting game that is bound to interest me.

And I don't care that both are 18+.

#145 2012-10-01 16:17:33

slapperbob
Scratcher

Nintendo said that MOST games are compatible with the Wii U. Not all.

I wish they had a list of games not compatible, because my mom said that if I have a Wii U, there's no point in having a Wii, and I don't want to get a Wii U and find out I can't play a game on it.  hmm

Last edited by slapperbob (2012-10-01 16:17:46)

http://img855.imageshack.us/img855/5771/63588659ff6a873m3.jpg

#146 2012-10-14 22:09:12

slapperbob
Scratcher

Bump.

I tried to pre-order the Wii U today, but it was sold out or not available yet everywhere. D:

http://img855.imageshack.us/img855/5771/63588659ff6a873m3.jpg

#147 2012-10-15 08:22:01

Snowdrift
Scratcher

You know maybe I should just buy the original Wii when the Wii U comes out :I

#148 2012-10-15 15:08:12

SonicTheGamer
Scratcher

I am a huge nintendo fan and cant wait for the wii U zombiU looks really good! Also NSMBU the wonderful 101 and 007 legends!  smile

#149 2012-10-17 03:14:29

slinger
Scratcher

Snowdrift wrote:

You know maybe I should just buy the original Wii when the Wii U comes out :I

That's actually quite a good idea especially if all the original games work on the WiiU. The Wii will drop in price (probably) and you'll get a huge deal  smile

http://s0.bcbits.com/img/buttons/bandcamp_130x27_blue.png

#150 2012-10-22 15:54:42

andrewjcole
Scratcher

I can't wait till it comes out! The only system I have now is Wii.

Board footer