This is a read-only archive of the old Scratch 1.x Forums.
Try searching the current Scratch discussion forums.

#51 2012-06-06 12:08:41

Cozyhut3
Scratcher

Re: Wii U Official Topic Thread

Again, I can't WAIT to see those graphics.  tongue

#52 2012-06-06 12:40:10

slinger
Scratcher

infinitytec wrote:

slinger wrote:

Okay so the Wii U will have bad graphics. But seriously, it's the games that count. When I go to play a game I don't sit back and say to myself "Wow those graphics are so good that it cancels out the terribleness of the game". If the game sucks the game sucks even if the graphics are good. I've noticed that while most companies focus on graphics Nintendo focuses on good games. You can't have a good game system without good games, even if the graphics are spectacular.

The Wii U will have the best graphics- HD!

The point is...
They're late. And Servine, I completely agree with you. Except LOZ has the potential to cater to teens.

http://s0.bcbits.com/img/buttons/bandcamp_130x27_blue.png

#53 2012-06-06 12:54:07

soupoftomato
Scratcher

undefeatedgames wrote:

Servine wrote:

Ok Ok OK. LETS SLOW DOWN.

This topic is about Wii U, not flame wars against Nintendo and Xbox 360.

Anyway, in comparison, Nintendo has actually been one whole company aimed at gaming, not gaming and computing, JUST GAMING. It's probably the only company along with SEGA that is still aimed at that. Give them credit. I mean Nintendo is where we all start gaming when we're young, it's like the comfort food of gaming. And now because they want to extend their age line everyone is like "OMIGOSH YOU CAN'T DO THAT YOU IS ONLY FOR LITTLE KIDDIES. YOU IS NEVER BEATS XBOX"? Does that really seem right?

And now we're talking about styles of games. XBOX clearly are not for kids. They're for when you're a teen. Nintendo are for kids. They're about to extend, publishing zombie and shooting games. Tell me how that is for kids.

Nuff said. Everyone who is on Microsoft's point of view needs to see the WHOLE picture.

I completely agree, but I think Nintendo needs to cater to teens. Because they don't, I'm mad at them.

Though I have to admit, I was more amazed than I thought I would be when Nintendo had their Wii U conference yesterday.

They cater to teens pretty well.

If you look in a couple gaming magazines, Nintendo and other companies are equally enjoyed by adult reviewers.

Just because the game looks like a cartoon doesn't mean it's fun.
I'm a teen and I play tons of Mario games. Heck, me and my 16 year old brother have been playing Mario Part 9 a lot recently.
Plus, they have the Legend of Zelda which is a hardcore game that's still appropriate for little kids so they have pretty big audience there.

I'm glad to think that the community will always be kind and helpful, the language will always be a fun and easy way to be introduced into programming, the motto will always be: Imagine, Program, Share - Nomolos

#54 2012-06-06 14:06:03

Nintendoandfriends
Scratcher

soupoftomato wrote:

undefeatedgames wrote:

Servine wrote:

Ok Ok OK. LETS SLOW DOWN.

This topic is about Wii U, not flame wars against Nintendo and Xbox 360.

Anyway, in comparison, Nintendo has actually been one whole company aimed at gaming, not gaming and computing, JUST GAMING. It's probably the only company along with SEGA that is still aimed at that. Give them credit. I mean Nintendo is where we all start gaming when we're young, it's like the comfort food of gaming. And now because they want to extend their age line everyone is like "OMIGOSH YOU CAN'T DO THAT YOU IS ONLY FOR LITTLE KIDDIES. YOU IS NEVER BEATS XBOX"? Does that really seem right?

And now we're talking about styles of games. XBOX clearly are not for kids. They're for when you're a teen. Nintendo are for kids. They're about to extend, publishing zombie and shooting games. Tell me how that is for kids.

Nuff said. Everyone who is on Microsoft's point of view needs to see the WHOLE picture.

I completely agree, but I think Nintendo needs to cater to teens. Because they don't, I'm mad at them.

Though I have to admit, I was more amazed than I thought I would be when Nintendo had their Wii U conference yesterday.

They cater to teens pretty well.

If you look in a couple gaming magazines, Nintendo and other companies are equally enjoyed by adult reviewers.

Just because the game looks like a cartoon doesn't mean it's fun.
I'm a teen and I play tons of Mario games. Heck, me and my 16 year old brother have been playing Mario Part 9 a lot recently.
Plus, they have the Legend of Zelda which is a hardcore game that's still appropriate for little kids so they have pretty big audience there.

I'm almost 13 years old, 2 weeks from that. I don't care if the games are e+, heck I'll still play ém. And soupoftomato's right, they cater to teens well. If games are FUN, I'll play them. Don't expect me to stop playing kirby and mario anytime soon.
I'll always love them. Mario party, LOZ, kirby, metroid, (Which can be aimed for teens with difficulty, PLUS it was, in terms, an FPS) or any other beloved nintendo series. My 35-year old DAD loves mario kart.

#55 2012-06-06 14:45:32

Servine
Scratcher

undefeatedgames wrote:

Post your opinions about the Wii U here, especially about the product, price, and games (the final two will be released when more info about this console is available)

I think the Wii U will fail. Why? If it's $250, the tablet is probably going to have bad quality. It's it $350 or greater, the tablet may be ok, but the console will be too expensive.

Also, Nintendo has come out with weak games lately, and personally it doesn't suit teenagers. I mean come on, when was the last time you bought a Wii game that was actually fun. Even Mario Kart and New Super Mario Bros. Wii get old after a while. The Wii U needs new franchises other than Mario and Pokemon that are actually exciting. Back when I was a Nintendo fanboy (now XBOX 360 is the way to go!), Project H.A.M.M.E.R. actually sounded fun.

Finally, it needs an update of technology. I know, I know... [b]the Wii U is going to have 1.5 times better graphics than the XBOX 360. But what about the XBOX 720 (or whatever it will be called)? It will have SIX TIMES better graphics than the Wii U. SIX. That leaves the Wii U in the dust.

[/b]

Personally, I think the Wii U is a horrible idea, and Nintendo will suffer because of it.

That's like saying "in 100 years Nintendo will make a 4D Console. Let's all save up money for it! Now the 3DS and all other gaming companies are dead"

What matters is the present, not stuff which is not even confirmed.

http://bluetetrarpg.x10.mx/usercard/?name=Servine

#56 2012-06-06 14:51:06

CheeseMunchy
Scratcher

777w wrote:

CheeseMunchy wrote:

sanddude wrote:

Why do people like Tetris? It's just a bunch of falling blocks!

That's like saying "Why do people like pacman?"

thats the point
he was trying to demonstrate how people can have their own opinions on games

Oh, k.

#57 2012-06-06 22:19:11

undefeatedgames
Scratcher

Servine wrote:

undefeatedgames wrote:

Post your opinions about the Wii U here, especially about the product, price, and games (the final two will be released when more info about this console is available)

I think the Wii U will fail. Why? If it's $250, the tablet is probably going to have bad quality. It's it $350 or greater, the tablet may be ok, but the console will be too expensive.

Also, Nintendo has come out with weak games lately, and personally it doesn't suit teenagers. I mean come on, when was the last time you bought a Wii game that was actually fun. Even Mario Kart and New Super Mario Bros. Wii get old after a while. The Wii U needs new franchises other than Mario and Pokemon that are actually exciting. Back when I was a Nintendo fanboy (now XBOX 360 is the way to go!), Project H.A.M.M.E.R. actually sounded fun.

Finally, it needs an update of technology. I know, I know... [b]the Wii U is going to have 1.5 times better graphics than the XBOX 360. But what about the XBOX 720 (or whatever it will be called)? It will have SIX TIMES better graphics than the Wii U. SIX. That leaves the Wii U in the dust.

[/b]

Personally, I think the Wii U is a horrible idea, and Nintendo will suffer because of it.

That's like saying "in 100 years Nintendo will make a 4D Console. Let's all save up money for it! Now the 3DS and all other gaming companies are dead"

What matters is the present, not stuff which is not even confirmed.

I disagree.
100 years is too far. 1 year? Not at all. Save your money and in a year make your money count!

Please call me udg or bearsfan, not undefeated.
Scratch and Misc.! Click here for Misc.'s Successorhttps://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-jkhes3yzmQk/T7G_BnxT9xI/AAAAAAAABYI/xhoN1Jk2M08/s513/sigp1.gif

#58 2012-06-07 01:56:05

TorbyFork234
Scratcher

Ok, back on topic...
Will the Wii U have the normal, original, wii remotes? Does anyone know? I was basing my whole argument of Nintendo not knowing what games to have on their console on the remotes, I'm wondering if it's still valid with the Wii U.

#59 2012-06-07 03:35:01

slinger
Scratcher

IMO the Wii U will be pretty good. From viewing the trailer it looks like it has a big chance. It certainly has a nice touch to it. Like motion control as well as touch control tablet :3

#60 2012-06-07 07:48:52

undefeatedgames
Scratcher

TorbyFork234 wrote:

Ok, back on topic...
Will the Wii U have the normal, original, wii remotes? Does anyone know? I was basing my whole argument of Nintendo not knowing what games to have on their console on the remotes, I'm wondering if it's still valid with the Wii U.

Yep. The Wii U is compatible with the Wiimotes. They're still a highly needed accessory.

slinger wrote:

IMO the Wii U will be pretty good. From viewing the trailer it looks like it has a big chance. It certainly has a nice touch to it. Like motion control as well as touch control tablet :3

After seeing the trailer, I agree, to a certain point. Do you guys remember why the Wii began to lose sales? For one thing, the technology on XBOX 360 and PS3 was better. Another, XBOX 360 and PS3 lowered their prices.

My point is, the Wii U may be a huge success until holiday 2013. While that does give them a surge in their sales, I think that Microsoft and Sony, who are still developing their console, will create something better. If they go the tablet route, they could use their own tablets or instead team up with another company. Imagine if Microsoft and Apple teamed up (though that would probably never happen)! An iPad/XBOX 720 combo would really hurt the competition.

Scratch and Misc.! Click here for Misc.'s Successorhttps://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-jkhes3yzmQk/T7G_BnxT9xI/AAAAAAAABYI/xhoN1Jk2M08/s513/sigp1.gif

#61 2012-06-07 17:35:01

funelephant
Scratcher

Just Dance 4 is on it!

nicki begs to differ
http://24.media.tumblr.com/ab0e6e8fd347c5e39c2821bcab9d16e6/tumblr_mgu35sui1L1rfb7aqo2_500.gif

#62 2012-06-07 17:38:03

undefeatedgames
Scratcher

funelephant wrote:

Just Dance 4 is on it!

And it's on the other consoles too, and you cannot cheat with it on the Kinect

#63 2012-06-07 17:51:55

agscratcher
Scratcher

undefeatedgames wrote:

TorbyFork234 wrote:

Ok, back on topic...

Yep. The Wii U is compatible with the Wiimotes. They're still a highly needed accessory.

slinger wrote:

After seeing the trailer, I agree, to a certain point. Do you guys remember why the Wii began to lose sales? For one thing, the technology on XBOX 360 and PS3 was better. Another, XBOX 360 and PS3 lowered their prices.

My point is, the Wii U may be a huge success until holiday 2013. While that does give them a surge in their sales, I think that Microsoft and Sony, who are still developing their console, will create something better. If they go the tablet route, they could use their own tablets or instead team up with another company. Imagine if Microsoft and Apple teamed up (though that would probably never happen)! An iPad/XBOX 720 combo would really hurt the competition.

Except for the fact that M$ has he 360 standing until 2015. At least that's what they hope.

The Wii U already had a whole bunch of franchises Nintendo previously didn't have (Tekken, Ghost Recon, etc.) The reason is that Nintendo's competitors have yet to announce their 8th gens (aside from the Vita). Nintendo's family policy has always been centered around innovation. They decided to slip in before the others. Good move on their part. They've reserved all of the big ticket seats. Nintendo came in late during the 4th gen, and despite the awesome Sega Genesis, many people consider them the victors. I think that this was because they had already established themselves as a big player and the savior of the post-1983 crashed market. However, their current competitors have also been well established. They've decided to win the other way around now. They tricked their competitors into thinking they'd stand strong for years to come, especially since M$ thinks the Kinect solves everything. Now, they've stumped the plans for the future market. They're off to a great start.

Also, @funelephant we've known about it being on the Wii U ever since the Usher fiasco at E3.

http://narwhaler.com/img/yu/5/no-barrel-i-insist-after-you-spiderman-yU5Ua7.jpg

#64 2012-06-07 18:13:00

TorbyFork234
Scratcher

undefeatedgames wrote:

funelephant wrote:

Just Dance 4 is on it!

Why do you care if people cheat on it? What's the point of getting the game if you're just going to cheat on it?

#65 2012-06-07 18:55:25

agscratcher
Scratcher

TorbyFork234 wrote:

undefeatedgames wrote:

funelephant wrote:

Just Dance 4 is on it!

Why do you care if people cheat on it? What's the point of getting the game if you're just going to cheat on it?

For teh lulz.

http://narwhaler.com/img/yu/5/no-barrel-i-insist-after-you-spiderman-yU5Ua7.jpg

#66 2012-06-07 19:06:24

undefeatedgames
Scratcher

agscratcher wrote:

undefeatedgames wrote:

TorbyFork234 wrote:

Ok, back on topic...

slinger wrote:

Except for the fact that M$ has he 360 standing until 2015. At least that's what they hope.

The Wii U already had a whole bunch of franchises Nintendo previously didn't have (Tekken, Ghost Recon, etc.) The reason is that Nintendo's competitors have yet to announce their 8th gens (aside from the Vita). Nintendo's family policy has always been centered around innovation. They decided to slip in before the others. Good move on their part. They've reserved all of the big ticket seats. Nintendo came in late during the 4th gen, and despite the awesome Sega Genesis, many people consider them the victors. I think that this was because they had already established themselves as a big player and the savior of the post-1983 crashed market. However, their current competitors have also been well established. They've decided to win the other way around now. They tricked their competitors into thinking they'd stand strong for years to come, especially since M$ thinks the Kinect solves everything. Now, they've stumped the plans for the future market. They're off to a great start.

Also, @funelephant we've known about it being on the Wii U ever since the Usher fiasco at E3.

http://www.xbitlabs.com/news/multimedia … _Show.html
2013, not 2015. Sorry.
And they are standing strong. A lot stronger than the Wii, which no one will touch for anything above $100.

#67 2012-06-09 18:17:11

Animeboy975
Scratcher

YES!

Apparently, my wii is broken. We looked at gamestop and they are copying all data on a SD card and putting it on a new wii. After the Wii U drops price i'm getting it.

http://i48.tinypic.com/2zqr6o6.gifMiiverse:Ryanshy47

#68 2012-06-11 20:43:24

XGamer42
Scratcher

Okay people- STOP TALKING ABOUT DA 720 AND PS4 VS THE WII U
DO YOU KNOW THEY'RE NOT COMING TILL 2014 OR SO????
AND BESIDES- THE WII U IS STILL GOOD
STOP COMPARING
END OF DISCUSSION

http://fc04.deviantart.net/fs71/i/2012/077/d/3/mlp_fim__how_easy____by_mewcherrii-d4t4ohs.png

#69 2012-06-17 15:56:25

GameHutSoftware
Scratcher

undefeatedgames wrote:

Finally, it needs an update of technology. I know, I know... the Wii U is going to have 1.5 times better graphics than the XBOX 360. But what about the XBOX 720 (or whatever it will be called)? It will have SIX TIMES better graphics than the Wii U. SIX. That leaves the Wii U in the dust.

Hmmm... SKYWARD SWORD, MAYBE?

Don't make a topic about something you hate. Really. How about I make a topic about the 720, and then rant about how it's going to fail? How would you feel?

@the part about teenagers: I'm a teenager. Just because you're a certain age doesn't mean you can't like Mario. Did you see the trailer for ZombiU? It looks awesome.

Last edited by GameHutSoftware (2012-06-17 15:59:59)

Lurking more than posting, but still here.

#70 2012-06-18 10:01:48

ROSMan
Scratcher

nintendo innovates.

Microsoft and Sony copy.

Nintendo is to wii mote.
Microsoft a few years later comes out with kinect.
Sony at the same time comes out with playstation move.

Another one:
Nintendo shows off its wii u gamepad.
Microsoft, at this e3, shows off its Smartglass, using mobile phones to do a lesser version of the wii u gamepad.
Sony, well, we'll see how they copy.

Finally, the start of Microsoft Xbox and Sony Playstation come a few years after a revolution in gaming: the n64. They wait for innovation from nintendo to jump in.

microsoft and sony simply feed off nintendo's genius, and i actually have evidence.

Last edited by ROSMan (2012-06-18 10:03:37)

GENERATION 33: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment

#71 2012-06-18 13:16:27

nama
Scratcher

ROSMan wrote:

nintendo innovates.
Microsoft and Sony copy.
Nintendo is to wii mote.

Not sure if the kinect was a intenitonal ripoff, but yeah, I agree with the Playstation Move. I mean srsly.

Also, yeah, why start a topic to discuss something, rant about how bad it is, and then shoot down people with a difference of opinion?
I don't play a lot of video games, and I'm not really a FPS gamer type of guy, so whatever

Last edited by nama (2012-06-18 13:17:01)

You say goodbye to 1.4, I say hello to 2.0.

#72 2012-06-18 13:16:55

soupoftomato
Scratcher

Can we re-establish a new official topic that isn't ran by someone who hates what they're talking about?  hmm

I'm glad to think that the community will always be kind and helpful, the language will always be a fun and easy way to be introduced into programming, the motto will always be: Imagine, Program, Share - Nomolos

#73 2012-06-18 13:41:45

GameHutSoftware
Scratcher

ROSMan wrote:

nintendo innovates.

Microsoft and Sony copy.

Nintendo is to wii mote.

Another one:
Nintendo shows off its wii u gamepad.
Microsoft, at this e3, shows off its Smartglass, using mobile phones to do a lesser version of the wii u gamepad.
Sony, well, we'll see how they copy.

Finally, the start of Microsoft Xbox and Sony Playstation come a few years after a revolution in gaming: the n64. They wait for innovation from nintendo to jump in.

microsoft and sony simply feed off nintendo's genius, and i actually have evidence.

Thank you. Just don't expect anyone to listen to you, as they're apparently having too much fun playing first person shooters.

soupoftomato wrote:

Can we re-establish a new official topic that isn't ran by someone who hates what they're talking about?  hmm

Yes, we should. It makes no sense that he created an official topic just to rant.

Last edited by GameHutSoftware (2012-06-18 13:43:13)

Lurking more than posting, but still here.

#74 2012-06-18 14:10:15

slinger
Scratcher

GameHutSoftware wrote:

undefeatedgames wrote:

Finally, it needs an update of technology. I know, I know... the Wii U is going to have 1.5 times better graphics than the XBOX 360. But what about the XBOX 720 (or whatever it will be called)? It will have SIX TIMES better graphics than the Wii U. SIX. That leaves the Wii U in the dust.

Hmmm... SKYWARD SWORD, MAYBE?

Don't make a topic about something you hate. Really. How about I make a topic about the 720, and then rant about how it's going to fail? How would you feel?

@the part about teenagers: I'm a teenager. Just because you're a certain age doesn't mean you can't like Mario. Did you see the trailer for ZombiU? It looks awesome.

Precisely.

#75 2012-07-04 13:08:39

CheckItNow12
Scratcher

undefeatedgames wrote:

Also, Nintendo has come out with weak games lately, and personally it doesn't suit teenagers. I mean come on, when was the last time you bought a Wii game that was actually fun. Even Mario Kart and New Super Mario Bros. Wii gets old after a while. The Wii U needs new franchises other than Mario and Pokemon that are actually exciting. Back when I was a Nintendo fanboy (now XBOX 360 is the way to go!), Project H.A.M.M.E.R. actually sounded fun.

Super Smash Bros. Brawl.  tongue

But while Microsoft and Sony are making new consoles, it's not confirmed if will be titled the Xbox 720 and PS4. And better graphics? The Wii U is Fully HD Capable, so I think that proves you wrong.

Also, the Wii U WILL have games for teenagers: Assasin's Creed, ZombiU, an Untitled Battlefield, Ninja Gaiden 3, and BLACK OPS 2.

I really like the feature to play away from the TV. I think It's gonna be pretty helpful when my mom has to watch her shows.

The Wii U, according to the Nintendo Chief, will have a reasonable price unlike the 3DS When it came out ($250). $300 might sound just a LITTLE bit overpriced, but then again, it will come with the console, a gamepad, and a game.

Last edited by CheckItNow12 (2012-07-04 13:09:10)

http://i992.photobucket.com/albums/af47/NicolBolas_Alara/Doctor%20Who/raincry.gif

Board footer