This is a read-only archive of the old Scratch 1.x Forums.
Try searching the current Scratch discussion forums.

#26 2012-06-05 09:58:28

SiLeNtScRaTcH
Scratcher

Re: Wii U Official Topic Thread

operationDEADTREE wrote:

SiLeNtScRaTcH wrote:

operationDEADTREE wrote:

i personally dont know why everyone cant stop arguing and just buy all the systems
downstairs my family has a beautiful stand holding our 360, wii, ps3, nes, snes, and something else im sure im forgetting
but the wii u does look sort of weird and i dont think id buy it unless you absolutely need it to play whatever the new smash bros game is

Maybe some of us don't have enough money or couldn't care less about some of the systems.

we actually make less than the average family but manage to save up enough for nice things
and even if you dont care about some systems you dont have to argue with other people who do

This isn't arguing, we're voicing our opinions. Also, if you can save up enough, cool! Some of us prefer not to, and to use that cash for other various things. I'm not trying to call anyone rich or poor. I would prefer to end this discussion between us two.

Check out my Pokemon Emerald Version Playthrough!
https://www.scratch.mit.edu/ext/youtube/?v=YdvJc8ggiqg

#27 2012-06-05 11:07:20

GameGuy64
Scratcher

I wasn't sure if I should get it but this made up my mind.

You can't judge a console because it has games that are aimed for kids. Have you seem some of the titles for PS3 and Xbox 360. (*cough*Ben 10: Galactic Racing ETC.*cough*)
And with graphics amazing graphics, just look at LoZ SS, SMG 1/2 and SSBB - amazing graphics but not generally realistic. That's the common misconception, there's good graphics and realistic graphics. So, good graphics =/= realistic. The Mii argument is completely invalid. Look at the Xbox 360 avatars and tell me they are not cartoony.

Last edited by GameGuy64 (2012-06-05 11:26:30)

http://i45.tinypic.com/25apxc7.png

#28 2012-06-05 13:31:10

TorbyFork234
Scratcher

sanddude wrote:

http://i49.tinypic.com/2s16fxj.jpg

The Wii U is going to have a lot of games that will appeal to teenagers. Assassins Creed 3 will be released on the Wii U, along with Darksiders 2, Ninja Gaiden 3, a Battlefield game, Black Ops 2, etc. It will also have Mario, Zelda, and Metroid which are all amazing series.

Don't just say the Wii U will fail when it has the excellent first-party support that made the Wii great, as well as the third-party support that the Wii lacked in it's dark later years. It has the best of both worlds.

When I made my comments about the games, I was focusing most on the Wii, not the Wii U. I know practically nothing about the Wii U. Knowing they'll have first person shooters brightens up my day.
The only good FPS I saw for the Wii was Metriod Prime: trilogy (they now sell the three games separate but my brother got the old 3 games in one disc). It used the fact that the wii remote is the best aiming tool out there. But, it was an import. From the Gamecube.

GameGuy64 wrote:

You can't judge a console because it has games that are aimed for kids. Have you seem some of the titles for PS3 and Xbox 360. (*cough*Ben 10: Galactic Racing ETC.*cough*)
And with graphics amazing graphics, just look at LoZ SS, SMG 1/2 and SSBB - amazing graphics but not generally realistic. That's the common misconception, there's good graphics and realistic graphics. So, good graphics =/= realistic. The Mii argument is completely invalid. Look at the Xbox 360 avatars and tell me they are not cartoony.

We're not looking at how many games there are that are aimed towards kids. We're looking at the amount of games aimed towards teens, which the PS3 and Xbox360 have more of. Adding in the fact that PS3 and Xbox360 also have games aimed towards younger kids is just adding to the fact that they have a better game selection then the Wii.

#29 2012-06-05 14:08:55

undefeatedgames
Scratcher

GameGuy64 wrote:

Look at the Miis and tell me they're not cartoony. At least you can customize your avatar better AND it looks more realistic. Basically that point is invalid.

TorbyFork234 wrote:

We're not looking at how many games there are that are aimed towards kids. We're looking at the amount of games aimed towards teens, which the PS3 and Xbox360 have more of. Adding in the fact that PS3 and Xbox360 also have games aimed towards younger kids is just adding to the fact that they have a better game selection then the Wii.

Thank you. Someone who understands.

Mario doesn't cater to teens, and another game of the same old thing is boring!

Last edited by undefeatedgames (2012-06-05 14:09:12)

Please call me udg or bearsfan, not undefeated.
Scratch and Misc.! Click here for Misc.'s Successorhttps://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-jkhes3yzmQk/T7G_BnxT9xI/AAAAAAAABYI/xhoN1Jk2M08/s513/sigp1.gif

#30 2012-06-05 14:44:26

Nintendoandfriends
Scratcher

Teenagers have different opinions.
Please, don't speak for me.
I am almost.....a teenager, and I feel that fpses and sports games are a LOAD OF.....garbage.  tongue
I prefer retro games, and games with inovative gameplay.
Like, fpses are the same games over...and over.....
While I will admit that other games are the same, they still change in a good way.
Like, NSMBwii was supposed to be the same as NSMBDS cause ti was a port, so it having changes was a suprise.
Also, PS3 had phineas and ferb, so ha. (Even though I like that show.)
Yeah, I'm a teen who dosen't like fps and shooters, and likes phineas and ferb.
You could say I don't fit in, stick out, am weird. It's true.
I don't really care. Nintendo is looking forward, is going forward.
And THAT...is my opinion.
And miis shouldn't look realisitic.

Last edited by Nintendoandfriends (2012-06-05 14:44:58)

#31 2012-06-05 15:09:16

TorbyFork234
Scratcher

Nintendoandfriends wrote:

I am almost.....a teenager, and I feel that fpses and sports games are a LOAD OF.....garbage.  tongue
While I will admit that other games are the same, they still change in a good way.
Like, NSMBwii was supposed to be the same as NSMBDS cause ti was a port, so it having changes was a suprise.

Ok, you don't like FPS's. About two billion other people do. The people who are talking about FPS's here are not looking at individual wants and needs, they're looking at it like a company should look at it: Finding where the money is at. Right now, it's FPS's.

#32 2012-06-05 15:14:06

Nintendoandfriends
Scratcher

TorbyFork234 wrote:

Ok, you don't like FPS's. About two billion other people do. The people who are talking about FPS's here are not looking at individual wants and needs, they're looking at it like a company should look at it: Finding where the money is at. Right now, it's FPS's.

Sorry. Just stating my opinion, like the title suggests.
And I know. Game companies don't care whether it's fun, neccesarily. Just if it rakes in the dough.

Last edited by Nintendoandfriends (2012-06-05 15:16:34)

#33 2012-06-05 17:57:02

GameGuy64
Scratcher

undefeatedgames wrote:

GameGuy64 wrote:

Look at the Miis and tell me they're not cartoony. At least you can customize your avatar better AND it looks more realistic. Basically that point is invalid.

I didn't say that miis weren't cartoony and there isn't a large amount of different between miis and avatars.

I don't want to argue anymore but I don't get the appeal of FPS's so why do you (and anyone else) like them?

http://i45.tinypic.com/25apxc7.png

#34 2012-06-05 20:45:28

Animeboy975
Scratcher

My Wii is about to break, and I told my mom about this, and she said if my wii breaks, I might get a Wii U.

http://i48.tinypic.com/2zqr6o6.gifMiiverse:Ryanshy47

#35 2012-06-05 20:50:14

777w
Scratcher

GameGuy64 wrote:

undefeatedgames wrote:

GameGuy64 wrote:

I didn't say that miis weren't cartoony and there isn't a large amount of different between miis and avatars.

I don't want to argue anymore but I don't get the appeal of FPS's so why do you (and anyone else) like them?

people have opinions
i like halo because its fun and its got great music and gameplay and even graphics
that doesnt mean you have to also

#36 2012-06-05 20:52:02

sanddude
Scratcher

GameGuy64 wrote:

undefeatedgames wrote:

GameGuy64 wrote:

Why do people like platformers? They're just jumping on some mushroom thingies!

Why do people like Tetris? It's just a bunch of falling blocks!

Why do people like fighters? They're just beating people up!

http://www.bronyland.com/images/quiz/banner_rainbowdash.jpg

#37 2012-06-05 20:54:59

Animeboy975
Scratcher

undefeatedgames wrote:

Half of your argument is invalid because it talks about Graphics. Graphics are NOT the focus of games.
And at E3 last year, they only showed 10% of the Wii U's power, as a good strategy.
I think it'll be good, though a LITTLE overpriced. Though, PS3 was $600, so can't say that.
And, I have an XBox 360, but it's collecting dust.
I only Sega ultimate collection (Got the name wrong) and ghostbusters.

My opinion, please don't flame.

Sorry, I've had a grudge against Nintendo since September  tongue

Graphics was not the main point of my argument. The Wii U will also be less powerful, and more people want powerful game system with graphics that are realistic, not cartoony Miis. Besides, many people will lean by graphics. This will hurt Nintendo when the XBOX 720 and PS4 come out.

My main point was the games. Nintendo has been making weak games for the Wii and hasn't had much success lately. Their market is younger kids, not teenagers like me.

If they want to attract the major market, teenagers, they need less goofy products, better graphics, and FUN games.

You said their  market is younger kids. I'm 11 and I love Nintendo games, I could care less about FPS's, and new music. It's what I like. I grew up with Nintendo and I still like thier games. Actually, a few weeks ago, me and my older sister had tons of fun from Mario Party 9.

http://i48.tinypic.com/2zqr6o6.gifMiiverse:Ryanshy47

#38 2012-06-06 00:05:46

CheeseMunchy
Scratcher

sanddude wrote:

That's like saying "Why do people like pacman?"

#39 2012-06-06 00:06:30

SiLeNtScRaTcH
Scratcher

sanddude wrote:

GameGuy64 wrote:

undefeatedgames wrote:

Why do people like FPSes?
They're just shooting people/freaky aliens!/zombies (the list goes on)
The answer to all of these is simple. They are all fun in their own ways, and which ones someone likes and doesn't like is left entirely up to them. I personally like them all. Is that so wrong? Gaming is gaming, no matter the genre. There is bound to be someone who does and someone who doesn't like a game/console.

Check out my Pokemon Emerald Version Playthrough!
https://www.scratch.mit.edu/ext/youtube/?v=YdvJc8ggiqg

#40 2012-06-06 00:07:44

CheeseMunchy
Scratcher

Animeboy975 wrote:

My Wii is about to break, and I told my mom about this, and she said if my wii breaks, I might get a Wii U.

Smash it to bits.

#41 2012-06-06 01:21:12

slinger
Scratcher

TL;DR version of the first post:
Wii sux cus it haz bad graphics. All nintendo consolez suk and xbox and ps are the best.
---
Seriously, can't you find anything good about the Wii/WiiU? You act as if it ruined your life and now your some sort of experienced video game person who is like totally mature for all us "children".

http://s0.bcbits.com/img/buttons/bandcamp_130x27_blue.png

#42 2012-06-06 05:53:27

777w
Scratcher

CheeseMunchy wrote:

sanddude wrote:

That's like saying "Why do people like pacman?"

thats the point
he was trying to demonstrate how people can have their own opinions on games

edit: reading the above posts, im not so convinced this "isnt arguing"

Last edited by 777w (2012-06-06 05:54:02)

#43 2012-06-06 08:25:28

sanddude
Scratcher

SiLeNtScRaTcH wrote:

sanddude wrote:

GameGuy64 wrote:

The answer to all of these is simple. They are all fun in their own ways, and which ones someone likes and doesn't like is left entirely up to them. I personally like them all. Is that so wrong? Gaming is gaming, no matter the genre. There is bound to be someone who does and someone who doesn't like a game/console.

That was my point.

http://www.bronyland.com/images/quiz/banner_rainbowdash.jpg

#44 2012-06-06 09:48:19

undefeatedgames
Scratcher

sanddude wrote:

GameGuy64 wrote:

undefeatedgames wrote:

You were saying XBOX avatars were cartoony. Aren't Miis even more cartoony? You can customize your XBOX avy in so many ways, Miis just give him a colored shirt. No other shirts. No dogs for your Mii, etc.

And besides, I don't play First Person Shooters. But the sports games are way different. Have you played Madden 11 or 12 or the Wii? It's so bad I refuse to play it, and this was when I loved the Wii! Plus, on XBOX and PS3 you can play with your friends online IN ALL GAMES. Not just Mario Kart.

Animeboy975 wrote:

You said their  market is younger kids. I'm 11 and I love Nintendo games, I could care less about FPS's, and new music. It's what I like. I grew up with Nintendo and I still like thier games. Actually, a few weeks ago, me and my older sister had tons of fun from Mario Party 9.

But 11 is young. I'm talking 13 and up. If you get the taste of XBOX and how fun it is and when you hang out with different people then the Wii gets old and Nintendo hates teenagers

SiLeNtScRaTcH wrote:

Exactly.

Last edited by undefeatedgames (2012-06-06 09:49:36)

Scratch and Misc.! Click here for Misc.'s Successorhttps://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-jkhes3yzmQk/T7G_BnxT9xI/AAAAAAAABYI/xhoN1Jk2M08/s513/sigp1.gif

#45 2012-06-06 10:14:48

slinger
Scratcher

undefeatedgames wrote:

Animeboy975 wrote:

But 11 is young. I'm talking 13 and up. If you get the taste of XBOX and how fun it is and when you hang out with different people then the Wii gets old and Nintendo hates teenagers

Ohhh I see, so it's supposedly not cool for a teen to play nintendo.
How interesting.
Either that or you have weird friends.

Last edited by slinger (2012-06-06 10:14:59)

http://s0.bcbits.com/img/buttons/bandcamp_130x27_blue.png

#46 2012-06-06 10:47:56

Servine
Scratcher

Half of your argument is invalid because it talks about Graphics. Graphics are NOT the focus of games.
And at E3 last year, they only showed 10% of the Wii U's power, as a good strategy.
I think it'll be good, though a LITTLE overpriced. Though, PS3 was $600, so can't say that.
And, I have an XBox 360, but it's collecting dust.
I only Sega ultimate collection (Got the name wrong) and ghostbusters.

My opinion, please don't flame.

I know I'm going to blow this COMPLETELY out of proportion, but would you like to play a game where there was only 1 ugly blob?

http://bluetetrarpg.x10.mx/usercard/?name=Servine

#47 2012-06-06 10:56:38

Servine
Scratcher

Ok Ok OK. LETS SLOW DOWN.

This topic is about Wii U, not flame wars against Nintendo and Xbox 360.

Anyway, in comparison, Nintendo has actually been one whole company aimed at gaming, not gaming and computing, JUST GAMING. It's probably the only company along with SEGA that is still aimed at that. Give them credit. I mean Nintendo is where we all start gaming when we're young, it's like the comfort food of gaming. And now because they want to extend their age line everyone is like "OMIGOSH YOU CAN'T DO THAT YOU IS ONLY FOR LITTLE KIDDIES. YOU IS NEVER BEATS XBOX"? Does that really seem right?

And now we're talking about styles of games. XBOX clearly are not for kids. They're for when you're a teen. Nintendo are for kids. They're about to extend, publishing zombie and shooting games. Tell me how that is for kids.

Nuff said. Everyone who is on Microsoft's point of view needs to see the WHOLE picture.

http://bluetetrarpg.x10.mx/usercard/?name=Servine

#48 2012-06-06 11:19:47

undefeatedgames
Scratcher

Servine wrote:

Ok Ok OK. LETS SLOW DOWN.

This topic is about Wii U, not flame wars against Nintendo and Xbox 360.

Anyway, in comparison, Nintendo has actually been one whole company aimed at gaming, not gaming and computing, JUST GAMING. It's probably the only company along with SEGA that is still aimed at that. Give them credit. I mean Nintendo is where we all start gaming when we're young, it's like the comfort food of gaming. And now because they want to extend their age line everyone is like "OMIGOSH YOU CAN'T DO THAT YOU IS ONLY FOR LITTLE KIDDIES. YOU IS NEVER BEATS XBOX"? Does that really seem right?

And now we're talking about styles of games. XBOX clearly are not for kids. They're for when you're a teen. Nintendo are for kids. They're about to extend, publishing zombie and shooting games. Tell me how that is for kids.

Nuff said. Everyone who is on Microsoft's point of view needs to see the WHOLE picture.

I completely agree, but I think Nintendo needs to cater to teens. Because they don't, I'm mad at them.

Though I have to admit, I was more amazed than I thought I would be when Nintendo had their Wii U conference yesterday.

#49 2012-06-06 11:36:03

infinitytec
Scratcher

slinger wrote:

Okay so the Wii U will have bad graphics. But seriously, it's the games that count. When I go to play a game I don't sit back and say to myself "Wow those graphics are so good that it cancels out the terribleness of the game". If the game sucks the game sucks even if the graphics are good. I've noticed that while most companies focus on graphics Nintendo focuses on good games. You can't have a good game system without good games, even if the graphics are spectacular.

The Wii U will have the best graphics- HD!

http://scratch.mit.edu/static/projects/infinitytec/2654336_med.png

#50 2012-06-06 11:37:38

777w
Scratcher

infinitytec wrote:

slinger wrote:

Okay so the Wii U will have bad graphics. But seriously, it's the games that count. When I go to play a game I don't sit back and say to myself "Wow those graphics are so good that it cancels out the terribleness of the game". If the game sucks the game sucks even if the graphics are good. I've noticed that while most companies focus on graphics Nintendo focuses on good games. You can't have a good game system without good games, even if the graphics are spectacular.

The Wii U will have the best graphics- HD!

but the 360 and ps3 already have hd graphics and the next generation will be even better than that so its a bit late now

Board footer