This is a read-only archive of the old Scratch 1.x Forums.
Try searching the current Scratch discussion forums.

#226 2012-11-22 18:28:25

henley
Scratcher

Re: Wii U Official Topic Thread

yikes

That sounds amazing.

"I've worked so hard for you and you give me nothing in return. Do you need help... Or do I?"

#227 2012-11-22 18:58:51

ImagineIt
Scratcher

henley wrote:

yikes

That sounds amazing.

They can't spawn objects though. And I was just kidding about the Zelda thing. Ganondorf is scared of you when you have a master sword.  tongue

#228 2012-11-25 14:38:46

3DSfan12345
Scratcher

Bump.

R.I.P Scratch 1.4
July 7,2009-May 5,2013

#229 2012-11-26 17:39:22

andrewjcole
Scratcher

I got one yesterday and I'm getting Epic Mickey 2 in 4 days!

#230 2012-11-26 18:37:51

Codebreaker
Scratcher

It sounds overrated, in my opinion.

Latest project: Pixelation/Upcoming project(s): M.A.Z.E Runner

#231 2012-11-26 19:32:21

henley
Scratcher

Why do think that?

"I've worked so hard for you and you give me nothing in return. Do you need help... Or do I?"

#232 2012-11-26 20:21:13

undefeatedgames
Scratcher

Codebreaker wrote:

It's not even as good as the XBOX 360, though the technology is a bit intriguing  tongue .

Personally, if you're not sure about buying the Wii U, wait and get the XBOX 720 which will probably come out within the next year or too. It's being announced sometime before E3 or at E3.

Please call me udg or bearsfan, not undefeated.
Scratch and Misc.! Click here for Misc.'s Successorhttps://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-jkhes3yzmQk/T7G_BnxT9xI/AAAAAAAABYI/xhoN1Jk2M08/s513/sigp1.gif

#233 2012-11-26 20:28:46

ImagineIt
Scratcher

undefeatedgames wrote:

Codebreaker wrote:

It's not even as good as the XBOX 360, though the technology is a bit intriguing  tongue .

Personally, if you're not sure about buying the Wii U, wait and get the XBOX 720 which will probably come out within the next year or too. It's being announced sometime before E3 or at E3.

It's not even as good as the Xbox 360? Biased... You probably never even tried it. I've tried the Xbox 360, it was good, and I think that this will be just as good, if not better.

#234 2012-11-27 07:42:22

undefeatedgames
Scratcher

ImagineIt wrote:

undefeatedgames wrote:

Codebreaker wrote:

It's not even as good as the Xbox 360? Biased... You probably never even tried it. I've tried the Xbox 360, it was good, and I think that this will be just as good, if not better.

Look at the specs. A lot of people are saying it's not even as fast as the XBOX 360. Trust me, if Nintendo wasn't reputable for its 1st-party games, a lot of people would have given up on it.

And I'm not being biased. I would say the same thing about an XBOX 720 or PS4. While I do agree with Nintendo for coming out with a console, they have done a few mistakes:

1. The console is only nearly, if just as good, as the XBOX 360 and PS3. The next new consoles are coming in a year or too, both are rumored to be better than the Wii U.

2. They need to expand their base. Right now I only see it being catered toward young kids, hardcore Nintendo gamers, and families. Teens like me don't want a Wii U. We'd rather play Black Ops II and Madden, thank you.

3. The technology needs to improve: some had said the tablet is not that impressive, Microsoft may be using it's own tablets for the XBOX 720 (these tablets are sleeker anyway) and the microprocessor of the Wii U is not that impressive. Big games like Madden cannot be run well, and even games like Metro: Last Night have been cancelled for it because of the poor microprocessor.

Scratch and Misc.! Click here for Misc.'s Successorhttps://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-jkhes3yzmQk/T7G_BnxT9xI/AAAAAAAABYI/xhoN1Jk2M08/s513/sigp1.gif

#235 2012-11-27 08:08:02

jukyter
Scratcher

2. They need to expand their base. Right now I only see it being catered toward young kids, hardcore Nintendo gamers, and families. Teens like me don't want a Wii U. We'd rather play Black Ops II and Madden, thank you.

i'm pretty sure it's been said they're making stuff like zombie games and whatever other gorefest you want onto the wii u

cause a bird and a fish could fall in love/but where would they live?

#236 2012-11-27 16:20:33

ImagineIt
Scratcher

undefeatedgames wrote:

ImagineIt wrote:

undefeatedgames wrote:

Look at the specs. A lot of people are saying it's not even as fast as the XBOX 360. Trust me, if Nintendo wasn't reputable for its 1st-party games, a lot of people would have given up on it.

And I'm not being biased. I would say the same thing about an XBOX 720 or PS4. While I do agree with Nintendo for coming out with a console, they have done a few mistakes:

1. The console is only nearly, if just as good, as the XBOX 360 and PS3. The next new consoles are coming in a year or too, both are rumored to be better than the Wii U.

3. The technology needs to improve: some had said the tablet is not that impressive, Microsoft may be using it's own tablets for the XBOX 720 (these tablets are sleeker anyway) and the microprocessor of the Wii U is not that impressive. Big games like Madden cannot be run well, and even games like Metro: Last Night have been cancelled for it because of the poor microprocessor.

1. Okay, but you still never tried it so how will you know for sure?

2. You'd rather play Black Ops II? Look at the games.

3. They were cancelled because they got an EARLY view at it. E3 only had 10 % of the full power.

Last edited by ImagineIt (2012-11-27 16:23:25)

#237 2012-11-27 17:40:27

undefeatedgames
Scratcher

ImagineIt wrote:

undefeatedgames wrote:

ImagineIt wrote:

3. They were cancelled because they got an EARLY view at it. E3 only had 10 % of the full power.

1. That's true, but then again you haven't tried the Wii U. Even though I'm a Wii U hater, I actually want to try it and see what the technology is like.

2. I know Black Ops II is there, but is it as good as X360 and PS3? Does it have the fanbase and players?

3. No, they didn't.

jukyter wrote:

i'm pretty sure it's been said they're making stuff like zombie games and whatever other gorefest you want onto the wii u

1st of all, I'm not a shooting game person. But other teens are. If the majority of teens play shooters, why would they buy a Wii U when in Christmas 2013 you can get the XBOX 720.

#238 2012-11-27 18:01:43

jukyter
Scratcher

undefeatedgames wrote:

ImagineIt wrote:

undefeatedgames wrote:

1. That's true, but then again you haven't tried the Wii U. Even though I'm a Wii U hater, I actually want to try it and see what the technology is like.

2. I know Black Ops II is there, but is it as good as X360 and PS3? Does it have the fanbase and players?

3. No, they didn't.

jukyter wrote:

1st of all, I'm not a shooting game person. But other teens are. If the majority of teens play shooters, why would they buy a Wii U when in Christmas 2013 you can get the XBOX 720.

because there's gonna be shooters on wii u and it's one year earlier...

cause a bird and a fish could fall in love/but where would they live?

#239 2012-11-27 18:08:47

fillergames
Scratcher

The cardboard wii u cut out http://cheezburger.com/6789783808
The comments say somebody spent 90 dollars on it. Thats overpriced.

http://i50.tinypic.com/2ufvxc5_th.gif Grammer? Whats grammar?

#240 2012-11-27 18:32:56

ImagineIt
Scratcher

undefeatedgames wrote:

ImagineIt wrote:

undefeatedgames wrote:

3. No, they didn't.

2. It has the fanbases and players who play it on the Wii U. It's still probably the same game though anyways.

3. No to what? No to they got an early look? Yes, they did actually:

Nintendo’s Wii U is out in the US and with reports coming in that its struggling in a number of areas, many are claiming its third party games aren’t quite up to the visual standard of their Xbox 360 and PS3 cousins.

That the Wii U struggles to render games (that run perfectly on the Xbox 360 and the PS3) is a worrying trend for Nintendo. In fact, some games currently scheduled for release on the 360, PS3 and PC won’t be heading to the Wii U at all because of the differences in processing power.

One of these titles will be 4 A Games’ Metro: Last Light. Chief technical officer, Oles Shishkovtsov, explains why Metro’s sequel won’t be appearing. 

“[The] Wii U has a horrible, slow CPU,” explained Shishkovtsov. “We had an early look at it, we thought we could probably do it, but in terms of the impact we would make on the overall quality of the game – potentially to its detriment – we just figured it wasn’t worth pursuing at this time. It’s something we might return to. I really couldn’t make any promises, though.”

Despite Nintendo’s console offering Metro: Last Light new experiences to its players with it dual screens, when asked Shishkovtsov was adamant that the Wii U would ever seen Metro: Last Light when asked directly.

“We had an initial look at the Wii U, but given the size of the team and compared to where we were last time, just developing for the Playstation 3 is a significant addition.”

No to E3's 10% Um... Yes it did...

#241 2012-11-27 18:53:27

CanadianGeorge
Scratcher

Personally, I think you guys shouldn't complain about weather it has games for teens or not.  Nintendo mostly aims their games towards ratings of everyone.  They try to make cantoonish, family friendly games, which I would like, and you shouldn't really complain about that.  Sure, 3rd party companies make the teen games for Wii and Wii U.  But Nintendo isn't really trying to make systems like that.  Some of my friends say Xbox 360 has a lot better graphics, but I don't really care.  I just think It's important for SOMEBODY to make family games.  Because imagine Nintendo started making consoles and games for teens.  Who would make the family games?  No one, exactly.  Nintendo has just turned into the kind of company that makes the family games.  And even if more teens play more games than kids,  more consoles sell, and some teens actually LIKE the Wii and Wii U.

smile   neutral   sad   big_smile   yikes   wink   hmm   tongue   lol   mad   roll   cool
"You're weird" -My Sister

#242 2012-11-27 19:10:40

haxcharsol
Scratcher

CanadianGeorge wrote:

Personally, I think you guys shouldn't complain about weather it has games for teens or not.  Nintendo mostly aims their games towards ratings of everyone.  They try to make cantoonish, family friendly games, which I would like, and you shouldn't really complain about that.  Sure, 3rd party companies make the teen games for Wii and Wii U.  But Nintendo isn't really trying to make systems like that.  Some of my friends say Xbox 360 has a lot better graphics, but I don't really care.  I just think It's important for SOMEBODY to make family games.  Because imagine Nintendo started making consoles and games for teens.  Who would make the family games?  No one, exactly.  Nintendo has just turned into the kind of company that makes the family games.  And even if more teens play more games than kids,  more consoles sell, and some teens actually LIKE the Wii and Wii U.

I completly agree.
Besides. The Wii U has a lot of different kinds of games coming out.
They've got the teen games, they've got the puzzle games, they've got the family games.

Goodbye 1.4.
http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_mbfh6bIamQ1qky11ho1_500.png

#243 2012-11-27 20:22:52

ImagineIt
Scratcher

CanadianGeorge wrote:

Totally well said. If Nintendo went out of business I would CRY. I would only be able to use my computer for gaming.  sad

#244 2012-11-28 07:12:37

undefeatedgames
Scratcher

CanadianGeorge wrote:

You do have a good point. But I'm just saying most people my age are getting left out.

#245 2012-11-30 21:47:20

ROSMan
Scratcher

undefeatedgames wrote:

CanadianGeorge wrote:

You do have a good point. But I'm just saying most people my age are getting left out.

just because the average teen is obsessed with CoD doesn't mean that's the only game for teens to play. You're not being 'left out'. I, as a longtime Nintendo fan, must agree with you that the Wii was fun for a time, but now it is really a disgrace. But look at the system before the Wii: the gamecube. that may just be the most underrated system of all time. It had everything: from the brand new series Pikmin to the best version of RE4. That's when Nintendo knew what it was doing. Then it made a mistake, although arguably the greatest 'mistake' they ever made, money-wise: The Wii. Now, with the Wii U, Nintendo is trying to gain back its hardcore fans by selling your classic Nintendo innovation, but this time, with your online system that's FREE and is way better than nintendo's previous (sadly horrible) attempts, and your great variety of games.

So you see, a great game company made a big mistake, but they're turning themselves around.

BTW, I don't own a Wii U yet, but I tried one in a gamestop. I was actually a bit skeptical about how the grip would be, but nevertheless, It's extremely lightweight and easy to hold!

GENERATION 33: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment

#246 2012-11-30 22:41:35

ImagineIt
Scratcher

ROSMan wrote:

undefeatedgames wrote:

CanadianGeorge wrote:

just because the average teen is obsessed with CoD doesn't mean that's the only game for teens to play. You're not being 'left out'. I, as a longtime Nintendo fan, must agree with you that the Wii was fun for a time, but now it is really a disgrace. But look at the system before the Wii: the gamecube. that may just be the most underrated system of all time. It had everything: from the brand new series Pikmin to the best version of RE4. That's when Nintendo knew what it was doing. Then it made a mistake, although arguably the greatest 'mistake' they ever made, money-wise: The Wii. Now, with the Wii U, Nintendo is trying to gain back its hardcore fans by selling your classic Nintendo innovation, but this time, with your online system that's FREE and is way better than nintendo's previous (sadly horrible) attempts, and your great variety of games.

So you see, a great game company made a big mistake, but they're turning themselves around.

BTW, I don't own a Wii U yet, but I tried one in a gamestop. I was actually a bit skeptical about how the grip would be, but nevertheless, It's extremely lightweight and easy to hold!

I agree.

#247 2012-12-01 07:01:03

werdna123
Scratcher

i got mine this morning, and i'm pretty happy with it. i just love the moving the gamepad moving the view, it seems so realistic.

#248 2012-12-01 07:02:57

werdna123
Scratcher

ROSMan wrote:

undefeatedgames wrote:

CanadianGeorge wrote:

i wouldn't call the wii a disgrace because you prefer to moan about the 'good old days', i think the wii was extremely fun and i spent a lot of time enjoying myself on it.

#249 2012-12-01 08:08:24

CheckItNow12
Scratcher

undefeatedgames wrote:

ImagineIt wrote:

undefeatedgames wrote:

3. No, they didn't.

jukyter wrote:

Explain how that will happen, because the system hasn't even announced, not to mention that M$ is trying to extend the 360's lifespan with the Kinect.

http://i992.photobucket.com/albums/af47/NicolBolas_Alara/Doctor%20Who/raincry.gif

#250 2012-12-01 08:26:22

ROSMan
Scratcher

werdna123 wrote:

ROSMan wrote:

undefeatedgames wrote:

i wouldn't call the wii a disgrace because you prefer to moan about the 'good old days', i think the wii was extremely fun and i spent a lot of time enjoying myself on it.

oh yeah, don't get me wrong, I loved the wii, and still like it for what it was. I mean, look at all these great titles released early in the wii's life:

Super Mario Galaxy                  Animal Crossing: City Folk
New Super Mario Bros. Wii        Super Smash Bros. Brawl
Mario Kart Wii                         Guitar Hero 3

And that's just to name a few. But, what I'm saying is, sadly the lineup got weaker and weaker until the only games people were raising their eyebrows at were classic gamecube games remastered for wii control and $20 on sale Wii 'Nintendo Selects'.
All I'm saying is the wii was fantastic, at first. Then, well, It got weaker.

GENERATION 33: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment

Board footer