This is a read-only archive of the old Scratch 1.x Forums.
Try searching the current Scratch discussion forums.

#26 2012-06-11 15:47:50

PhirripSyrrip
Scratcher

Re: 2.0 Get account block

Maybe there could be a special type of list, specially for forums. These would automatically tell us which user is writing

http://i46.tinypic.com/ao03lk.png

#27 2012-06-11 16:38:39

Bklecka
Scratcher

Pecola1 wrote:

Bklecka wrote:

Pecola1 wrote:

i would agree, but seeing that it could be used to ban someone from playing a game, this could be used for cyber bullying.  hmm

look inside button.
why not put in a window whenever this block is used!
it would ask "this project would like to use the (username) block will you allow it?"

that would be good... but someone can still make it so if the username is '' then it will not play the game and say you must allow the block.  hmm

then use look inside and remove
if username = [guy you hate here]
stop all
else
play game

http://i48.tinypic.com/106ijc9.jpg

#28 2012-06-11 18:41:02

Wes64
Scratcher

RedRocker227 wrote:

Wes64 wrote:

Pecola1 wrote:

i would agree, but seeing that it could be used to ban someone from playing a game, this could be used for cyber bullying.  hmm

That is true. What if we prevented the (username) block from being used in an operator? This would totally stop any locking-out.

You could just set a regular variable to the value of the (username) block, and then use the variable in operators, though.

Yes. So when a variable is set to the (username), that variable should also be prevented from being used in operators. My idea is that there could be a sort of hidden attribute on the username block, like this.

(username) = #Wes64

so if (var) is set to (username), (var) = #Wes64
and if (username) is added to a list, (item of list) = #Wes64

And if any variable contains the #, it is disallowed from being used in () = () , () contains () , etc

Additionally, we could have a prompt like with audio-using projects.
The project could say "This project wants your username, allow or disallow?"
Disallowing would prevent the user from participating in entering cloud data so anonymous trolls would be stopped.

Last edited by Wes64 (2012-06-11 18:43:35)

Experienced 2.0 Tester: Ask me questions!
Using Firefox 13.0, Flash plugin version 11.4.402.287, and Windows XP Professional.

#29 2012-06-11 20:47:35

Yoshiboy
Scratcher

This would be very useful...

Winter...

#30 2012-06-20 14:08:54

MathWizz
Scratcher

I just love the drama here. Just report the project/user if it is screwing with you.

http://block.site90.net/scratch.mit/text.php?size=30&text=%20A%20signature!&color=333333

#31 2012-06-22 18:51:51

Pecola1
Scratcher

MathWizz wrote:

I just love the drama here. Just report the project/user if it is screwing with you.

I was just about to say that, if its a bad project then its a bad project so you can report it. (trollin = bad)

Pros n cons:

Pros:
1.Highscore lists and things could show the actual username of a user, to keep someone from making poor paddle2see look bad in the highscore list below:

Code:

Pecola1 = 1809577
MathWizz = 88530
Paddle2See = 0

tongue

2. You could tell if the user was a guest, and therefore could give the guest more instructions if needed

3. Would allow a ban system, if someone said something bad, or trolled, the user could be banned from that game.

Cons:
1. Someone could make a project which would not allow either guests, or certain users from playing the game, simply because the maker of the game wants to troll 'em.  If the project was reported it could still take time until the game was removed, and if it was removed, then the user who was banned would not be able to play it. However maybe the admins/mods could edit the project...?

Overall I say the pros WAAAY outweigh the cons.  smile

If you are reading this, please read to the end, because if you don't you won't know what's at the end. Don't just skip to the end though otherwise you won't be able to read the middle, which is most important. Now you must be wondering why you just read all that, the reason is you may have not noticed something, read it again and see if you notice it this time  smile

#32 2012-06-22 19:05:33

Wes64
Scratcher

Pecola1 wrote:

However maybe the admins/mods could edit the project...?

That's a good idea, actually. But it would be better to just remove the project, you know, to teach a lesson. Also, if mods were given the privilege to edit someone else's projects, where would we draw the line? Just a personal preference but I wouldn't want anyone in my projects making changes, it just seems a bit invasive.

Experienced 2.0 Tester: Ask me questions!
Using Firefox 13.0, Flash plugin version 11.4.402.287, and Windows XP Professional.

Board footer