This is a read-only archive of the old Scratch 1.x Forums.
Try searching the current Scratch discussion forums.

#276 2012-07-11 10:20:42

777w
Scratcher

Re: User-made Scary Stories

samid11 wrote:

Ok, Imma write one...about Invader Zim. There are NO good pastas about IZ, so I'm going to write a good one > smile

i think theres no good stories because the show was too creepy for you to even think of making something creepier out of it

#277 2012-07-11 10:26:34

samid11
Scratcher

777w wrote:

samid11 wrote:

Ok, Imma write one...about Invader Zim. There are NO good pastas about IZ, so I'm going to write a good one > smile

i think theres no good stories because the show was too creepy for you to even think of making something creepier out of it

But that's what I do. Make creepy things even creepier.

"One person's craziness is another person's reality" - Tim Burton http://www.dontstarvegame.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2012/10/spiders.png

#278 2012-07-11 10:47:08

mythbusteranimator
Scratcher

Invader Zim?

http://www.foxtrot.com/comics/2012-04-01-fdb37077.gif
clicky

#279 2012-07-11 10:54:30

Garr8
Scratcher

samid11 wrote:

mythbusteranimator wrote:

Nice pasta! Though, in one way, it can seem a little sad, like the cat came back to life just to give the character a smile. Was the cat evil or something?

No, just commanded by a wish.

How did it decay so quickly?

About that smiling cat pasta. I was watching Disney's Cats and Dogs and one of the dogs grinned and I realized how much like SMILE. jpg he looked.

What I scored on Pokemon Quiz: Porygon

#280 2012-07-11 11:02:49

samid11
Scratcher

Invader Zim?

*gasp* You've never heard of it?

"One person's craziness is another person's reality" - Tim Burton http://www.dontstarvegame.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2012/10/spiders.png

#281 2012-07-11 11:04:07

samid11
Scratcher

Garr8 wrote:

samid11 wrote:

Nice pasta! Though, in one way, it can seem a little sad, like the cat came back to life just to give the character a smile. Was the cat evil or something?

No, just commanded by a wish.

About that smiling cat pasta. I was watching Disney's Cats and Dogs and one of the dogs grinned and I realized how much like SMILE. jpg he looked.

Well, her nose was already in bad shape, thus the skeletal part showing later.

#282 2012-07-11 11:14:30

zbugni
Scratcher

samid11 wrote:

Invader Zim?

*gasp* You've never heard of it?

Invader zim is da boss diggity

#283 2012-07-11 11:16:26

zbugni
Scratcher

Garr8 wrote:

wondered that too, but i guess I get it now

#284 2012-07-11 14:25:41

samid11
Scratcher

"Invader Zim: The Untitled Episode."

Ok, I am posting this to help spread the word of what I have seen. I know, it seems fake, but I swear on my life that this happenned.

I happen to be a big fan of the old Nickelodeon show Invader Zim, a dark and quirky series about an alien sent on a fake mission to take over earth with his idiot robot named G.I.R. while trying to avoid being exposed by Dib, a boy who knows his true identity and wishes to capture him. Sound interesting? It is. In fact, it has a large fanbase and merchandise of the series is still sold in stores. However, it was cancelled soon after it's release.

I recently went to a local anime con to have fun and escape from reality for a bit. I was cosplaying as Light from "Death Note", another series I like. I got plenty of attention and, to my surprise, saw quite a lot of Zim fans and merchandise. I bought a couple t-shirts and a poster while I was there. I was circling around the displays and stands for the last time and noticed something. It was a fan stand selling DVDs. I looked through the cases untill something caught my eye: An Invader Zim DVD! I could never find those, and when I did they were far too expensive, so this was like gold to me. I asked the owner how much, and he gave it to me for about $6.99. I was so excited that I went home immidiately afterwards to watch it.

My joy was ruined the moment I walked into my home and pulled the DVD out of my bag.

Much calmer now, I got a better look at the case. The cover art was clearly not official. It was a fan drawing from deviantART that had been put on the cover. On the back was the shows description straight from the wikipedia article of it. I nearly threw it to the ground in anger. I had bought a bootleg for 7 flippin' bucks!!! After a moment of rage, I sighed and decided to give it a chance. It may be a fake, but it could be just as good. Who knows?

With that settled, I popped it into the DVD player.

It started out with no main menu, just went straight to an episode's theme song. Oh well. At least I didn't have to press anything. The catchy, creepy-cool theme song rung in my ears. I smiled. It had been forever since I'd heard the spooky tune. It soon ended and the episode began.

(Not done yet!)

#285 2012-07-11 15:13:42

zbugni
Scratcher

good so far
but I never really thought of invader zim as anime, is it?

#286 2012-07-11 15:16:12

samid11
Scratcher

zbugni wrote:

good so far

It is considered to be one, despite not originating in japan.

#287 2012-07-11 15:22:57

777w
Scratcher

samid11 wrote:

zbugni wrote:

good so far

It is considered to be one, despite not originating in japan.

since when? anime has a certain style, "american anime" tries to imitate a certain style, but invader zim is an anime only in the sense that "anime" means "animation"

#288 2012-07-11 15:42:56

Garr8
Scratcher

I thought Zim was a girl.

#289 2012-07-11 15:45:43

777w
Scratcher

Garr8 wrote:

you havent watched that show much have you :P

#290 2012-07-11 15:52:46

samid11
Scratcher

777w wrote:

Garr8 wrote:

you havent watched that show much have you  tongue

I'll tell you this: His voice actor is a man. Trust me.

#291 2012-07-11 16:03:43

zbugni
Scratcher

I saw da voice actor on youtube doing voices, he's really good at sounding like zim
probably cause he's the voice actor but yeah

#292 2012-07-11 16:07:31

geohendan
Scratcher

I read "Daisyville," "Fletcher's Family Center," and "Gloomy." Out of all of them I'd say "Gloomy" is the best. How do you people do this? It's amazingly terrifying.

And I want to read the Zim one as well as soon as it's finished.

Last edited by geohendan (2012-07-11 16:08:43)

Scratching that nasty wart on my back since 2009!
http://i.imgur.com/OzpGtWV.jpg

#293 2012-07-11 16:20:18

Garr8
Scratcher

samid11 wrote:

777w wrote:

Garr8 wrote:

you havent watched that show much have you  tongue

I'll tell you this: His voice actor is a man. Trust me.

I've seen Spongebob's voice actor.

#294 2012-07-11 16:39:37

weegeeissparta
Scratcher

Wanna see a creepypasta? (The pic would be a stingrays underside. Just so ya know)

I sat down on my couch, listening to Skrillex. (Shock.) While constantly head banging to the tune, my brother was hyproventalating. He was obsessed with paranormal, he thinks he sees a ghost EVERY DAY. It gets annoying.

By dinnertime, I began feeling nauxious. I couldn't be sick. The feeling stopped once I was done with dinner.

When I was ready to sleep, I walked down to my room, and jumped into bed. The feeling returned, stronger than ever. I tossed around a few times. Then, I stopped when I was looking at the closed door.

It wasn't closed. actually. It was opened. I turned around.

That might not have been a good idea. There was a man there, with a HIDEOUS face. His mouth opened and closed a few times, and he ran out.

I continued to see him. For years. Then, one day, I couldn't take it. I jumped out of a window, killing myself.

"DAD, MOM HAS DEAD!" -Henry Freeman

#295 2012-07-11 16:43:20

CakePopAnimation
Scratcher

samid11 wrote:

OMG that's so weird cause I had an awesome pasta idea for IZ just a few minutes ago then I checked this thread XD Can't wait, Zim's world is just begging for a pasta to be written about it... this will be awesome!
--------------------
I see you've already made part of it!  big_smile  Awesome, I love it so far.

http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_mbyv8syVxn1qlt04mo4_250.gif oh simon <3

#296 2012-07-11 16:50:24

samid11
Scratcher

weegeeissparta wrote:

Wanna see a creepypasta? (The pic would be a stingrays underside. Just so ya know)

I sat down on my couch, listening to Skrillex. (Shock.) While constantly head banging to the tune, my brother was hyproventalating. He was obsessed with paranormal, he thinks he sees a ghost EVERY DAY. It gets annoying.

By dinnertime, I began feeling nauxious. I couldn't be sick. The feeling stopped once I was done with dinner.

When I was ready to sleep, I walked down to my room, and jumped into bed. The feeling returned, stronger than ever. I tossed around a few times. Then, I stopped when I was looking at the closed door.

It wasn't closed. actually. It was opened. I turned around.

That might not have been a good idea. There was a man there, with a HIDEOUS face. His mouth opened and closed a few times, and he ran out.

I continued to see him. For years. Then, one day, I couldn't take it. I jumped out of a window, killing myself.

THEN WHO WAS AUTHOR?

#297 2012-07-11 17:57:16

samid11
Scratcher

Ok, I am posting this to help spread the word of what I have seen. I know, it seems fake, but I swear on my life that this happenned.

I happen to be a big fan of the old Nickelodeon show Invader Zim, a dark and quirky series about an alien sent on a fake mission to take over earth with his idiot robot named G.I.R. while trying to avoid being exposed by Dib, a boy who knows his true identity and wishes to capture him. Sound interesting? It is. In fact, it has a large fanbase and merchandise of the series is still sold in stores. However, it was cancelled soon after it's release.

I recently went to a local anime con to have fun and escape from reality for a bit. I was cosplaying as Light from "Death Note", another series I like. I got plenty of attention and, to my surprise, saw quite a lot of Zim fans and merchandise. I bought a couple t-shirts and a poster while I was there. I was circling around the displays and stands for the last time and noticed something. It was a fan stand selling DVDs. I looked through the cases untill something caught my eye: An Invader Zim DVD! I could never find those, and when I did they were far too expensive, so this was like gold to me. I asked the owner how much, and he gave it to me for about $6.99. I was so excited that I went home immidiately afterwards to watch it.

My joy was ruined the moment I walked into my home and pulled the DVD out of my bag.

Much calmer now, I got a better look at the case. The cover art was clearly not official. It was a fan drawing from deviantART that had been put on the cover. On the back was the shows description straight from the wikipedia article of it. I nearly threw it to the ground in anger. I had bought a bootleg for 7 flippin' bucks!!! After a moment of rage, I sighed and decided to give it a chance. It may be a fake, but it could be just as good. Who knows?

It started out with no main menu, just went straight to an episode's theme song. Oh well. At least I didn't have to press anything. The catchy, creepy-cool theme song rung in my ears. I smiled. It had been forever since I'd heard the spooky tune. It soon ended and the episode began.

Warning: What I am about to tell you is not for the faint of heart.

The episode opened with Zim in his underground lab, operating on a human body. This was strange, as I had never seen this episode before. It was strange to see something so dark in a cartoon, even for Zim, but I shrugged it off. He was placing some sort of machine into the human's chest. It looked quite similar to the "happy probe" from earlier episodes. Zim was muttering with a look of determination. He was clearly involved and in deep thought as he worked. "Just need to work it through this vien... sew this back up...THERE!!!" he announced. What happenned next shocked me.

The camera zooms overhead, revealing that the body was one of his classmates. Zita, her name was, if I remember. He had implanted the probe into her chest, making it look bulgey and distorted. It was quite graphic. Once again, I shrugged it off. This show was already pretty graphic. Zim quickly put on his diguise and grabbed her. He then rose up the elevator into the house and placed her outside. She woke up and started walking...

...straight towards Dib's house.

My stomach tightened. I was somewhat worried. This episode had never been mentioned on anything I'd read, and it was taking a dark turn. I fingered the remote just incase.

Zita walked up to the doorstep and rang the doorbell. Dib answered. "Oh. Hi Zita. Whatcha doin' here?" Dib asked. The camera zoomed in on her face, revealing that her eyes were dark red. "Oh. Hello Dib. I would like to come inside." she said, her voice very mechanical. Dib looked concerned, but let her in.

This is where things became terrifying.

The moment Dib closed the door, Zita whipped around and pinned him against the wall. Her dark, scarring eyes staring into the camera. "DON'T SCREAM. NOBODY WILL HEAR YOU." she hissed. Dib let out muffled cries for help and struggled like a fly in a spider's web. Zita slowly reached into her back pocket and pulled out a switchblade knife.

It is nearly impossible for me to type this, but I'm trying all I can. The screen shows their shadows on the wall. I saw Zita's shadow repeatedly plunge the knife into the chest of the Dib shadow, Dib's screams piercing the air as the horrid scene progresses. The screen pans back to Zita, who is smiling demonically and staring right into the camera. Then, it shows Dib.

He is lying dead on the wall, pinned to it by the knife. His chest is torn open. His eyes still wide with fright. His mouth frozen open in terror. The words "Irkens will triumph" are carved into his face. Zita chuckled, then slowly approached the front door and opened it.

The final image it shows will haunt my nightmares.

The last scene is nothing but a still image of Zim standing in the doorway, his eyes black with red pupils, a strange black blur around each one. He is staring into the camera. The episode ends, and so does the DVD.

I tore that thing out of the DVD player the second it finished. I shoved it into it's case and threw it into the trashcan. I hope you never make the mistake I made, and I'll be darned if I ever buy I DVD from a fan stand again.

(Tell me how it was!)

#298 2012-07-11 18:03:33

soupoftomato
Scratcher

samid11 wrote:

The episode opened with Zim in his underground lab, operating on a human body. This was strange, as I had never seen this episode before. It was strange to see something so dark in a cartoon, even for Zim, but I shrugged it off. He was placing some sort of machine into the human's chest. It looked quite similar to the "happy probe" from earlier episodes. Zim was muttering with a look of determination. He was clearly involved and in deep thought as he worked. "Just need to work it through this vien... sew this back up...THERE!!!" he announced. What happenned next shocked me.

The camera zooms overhead, revealing that the body was one of his classmates. Zita, her name was, if I remember. He had implanted the probe into her chest, making it look bulgey and distorted. It was quite graphic. Once again, I shrugged it off. This show was already pretty graphic. Zim quickly put on his diguise and grabbed her. He then rose up the elevator into the house and placed her outside. She woke up and started walking...

My stomach tightened. I was somewhat worried. This episode had never been mentioned on anything I'd read, and it was taking a dark turn. I fingered the remote just incase.

Zita walked up to the doorstep and rang the doorbell. Dib answered. "Oh. Hi Zita. Whatcha doin' here?" Dib asked. The camera zoomed in on her face, revealing that her eyes were dark red. "Oh. Hello Dib. I would like to come inside." she said, her voice very mechanical. Dib looked concerned, but let her in.

The moment Dib closed the door, Zita whipped around and pinned him against the wall. Her dark, scarring eyes staring into the camera. "DON'T SCREAM. NOBODY WILL HEAR YOU." she hissed. Dib let out muffled cries for help and struggled like a fly in a spider's web. Zita slowly reached into her back pocket and pulled out a switchblade knife.

It is nearly impossible for me to type this, but I'm trying all I can. The screen shows their shadows on the wall. I saw Zita's shadow repeatedly plunge the knife into the chest of the Dib shadow, Dib's screams piercing the air as the horrid scene progresses. The screen pans back to Zita, who is smiling demonically and staring right into the camera. Then, it shows Dib.

He is lying dead on the wall, pinned to it by the knife. His chest is torn open. His eyes still wide with fright. His mouth frozen open in terror. The words "Irkens will triumph" are carved into his face. Zita chuckled, then slowly approached the front door and opened it.

The last scene is nothing but a still image of Zim standing in the doorway, his eyes black with red pupils, a strange black blur around each one. He is staring into the camera. The episode ends, and so does the DVD.

I tore that thing out of the DVD player the second it finished. I shoved it into it's case and threw it into the trashcan. I hope you never make the mistake I made, and I'll be darned if I ever buy I DVD from a fan stand again.

(Tell me how it was!)

Aren't they supposed to be scary?
This is just a description of fictional characters being killed in an episode that you describe as being fan made.

I'm glad to think that the community will always be kind and helpful, the language will always be a fun and easy way to be introduced into programming, the motto will always be: Imagine, Program, Share - Nomolos

#299 2012-07-11 18:06:29

777w
Scratcher

samid11 wrote:

[story]

its not very realistic imo, if zim wanted to kill dib he could have already in hundreds of better ways :P

Last edited by 777w (2012-07-11 18:06:59)

#300 2012-07-11 18:08:56

samid11
Scratcher

soupoftomato wrote:

samid11 wrote:

(Tell me how it was!)

Aren't they supposed to be scary?
This is just a description of fictional characters being killed in an episode that you describe as being fan made.

...wait, are you saying I'm dissing myself?

No.

This is written like it was an episode, and it's not just pointless murder, it has a reason: because Zim wants to triumph.

Cupcakes, Rainbow Factory, Rocket To Insanity, and all those stupid fanfics were NOT pastas. They were written like fanfics because they WERE fanfics. Besides, it doesn't make sense that the characters would just kill eachother like that. It's PONIES.

With Invader Zim it makes sense, because it's a dark show, and Zim hates Dib.

Board footer