This is a read-only archive of the old Scratch 1.x Forums.
Try searching the current Scratch discussion forums.

#251 2012-07-10 18:42:24

Garr8
Scratcher

Re: User-made Scary Stories

samid11 wrote:

"Gloomy"

When I was a little kid, about 5 years old, we had a cat.

She was a furry, plump persian. Her name was Gloomy, due to her rather somber-looking face. However, everyone in our family loved her all the same. She was a great family pet, and the best cat we could hope for.

Being a little kid, though, I was always determined to make her happy. Sure, she was happy most of the time, but her face made her look depressed and rather melancholy. So, being my weird self, I would try to make her smile every day at the same time, which was 9:30 P.M., the time I went to bed. That way, if she smiled, I could go to sleep happily, knowing I had completed my lifelong task.

Unfortunately, good things never last.

When I was about 7 1/2 years old, Gloomy got very sick.

She would spend all day laying in her cat tree, gagging and coughing up slime and fur. Her eyes eventually swelled untill they were about ready to pop out of her head. She constantly sniffled and sneezed, and her coughing fits never helped anything. It was a horrible time for our family. We prayed all we could, but Gloomy never got better.

During the couple of weeks that Gloomy was sick, I had stopped trying to make her smile altogether. It didn't seem to matter anymore, and I didn't have the heart to bother the poor feline in her diseased state.

Gloomy died on the 3rd week of being sick.

We had contacted the vet multiple times, but all they did was give us medicine to give her, and none of it worked. I was mortified. My best friend was gone. We buried her in the backyard.

On my birthday that year, I wished something I regret to this very day.

"I wish I could've seen Gloomy smile..."

I would do anything to take those cursed words back. For that night, I saw something that has traumatized me for life.

As I rolled around in bed that night, I happened to look over to my door multiple times. In the darkness of my room, it was very unsettling to see. Finally, I rolled over and closed my eyes.

"Mrrrow~"

My eyes snapped open.

"Gloomy?" I whispered, thinking that my beloved pet had somehow been revived. My stupid kid mind was what made me pull the covers off my head and look over to greet my living-again pet.

Sure enough, she was there. But she wasen't alive... entirely.

Gloomy's fur was matted and tangled with dirt, her red eyes were swollen and oozing heaven-knows-what. Her nose was gone, and the hollow bone nasal cavity was visible, like a dark void on her face.

The thing that caught my attention most, though, was her mouth.

It was twisted into a wide, horrible grin, one impossible for a cat to manage. It spread up to her eyes, looking like a demented cheshire cat. Her matted tail waved back and forth as the ghoulish kitty slowly limped closer to me, her back legs dragging behind her like dead limbs. I was frozen in fear. My furry friend was now my worst nightmare.

"Meow."

I screamed.

Gloomy shot like a bullet the moment my shrill cry pierced the air. She smashed through my bedroom window and dissapeared into the night. My mom rushed in to comfort me. She stated that I must've had a nightmare and that something probably hit the window and that it could be repaired. I tried to tell her, but it was no use. She went out to check the grave and said that Gloomy was still buried safe.

I'm 21 now, living with my wife and 2 kids. I'm living in my childhood home with my family. We currently have no pets, due to my experience. Gloomy's grave still remains outside, but it's been filled with concrete. However, an engraving is clawed into the grave, done by an unknown source.

It reads "I smiled."

(Done! How was it?  big_smile )

I pretty much knew where it was going on the third paragraph. You mentioned "SMILE"

It was creepy though.

Last edited by Garr8 (2012-07-10 18:43:23)

What I scored on Pokemon Quiz: Porygon

#252 2012-07-10 18:49:41

samid11
Scratcher

Garr8 wrote:

samid11 wrote:

"Gloomy"

When I was a little kid, about 5 years old, we had a cat.

She was a furry, plump persian. Her name was Gloomy, due to her rather somber-looking face. However, everyone in our family loved her all the same. She was a great family pet, and the best cat we could hope for.

Being a little kid, though, I was always determined to make her happy. Sure, she was happy most of the time, but her face made her look depressed and rather melancholy. So, being my weird self, I would try to make her smile every day at the same time, which was 9:30 P.M., the time I went to bed. That way, if she smiled, I could go to sleep happily, knowing I had completed my lifelong task.

Unfortunately, good things never last.

When I was about 7 1/2 years old, Gloomy got very sick.

She would spend all day laying in her cat tree, gagging and coughing up slime and fur. Her eyes eventually swelled untill they were about ready to pop out of her head. She constantly sniffled and sneezed, and her coughing fits never helped anything. It was a horrible time for our family. We prayed all we could, but Gloomy never got better.

During the couple of weeks that Gloomy was sick, I had stopped trying to make her smile altogether. It didn't seem to matter anymore, and I didn't have the heart to bother the poor feline in her diseased state.

Gloomy died on the 3rd week of being sick.

We had contacted the vet multiple times, but all they did was give us medicine to give her, and none of it worked. I was mortified. My best friend was gone. We buried her in the backyard.

On my birthday that year, I wished something I regret to this very day.

"I wish I could've seen Gloomy smile..."

I would do anything to take those cursed words back. For that night, I saw something that has traumatized me for life.

As I rolled around in bed that night, I happened to look over to my door multiple times. In the darkness of my room, it was very unsettling to see. Finally, I rolled over and closed my eyes.

"Mrrrow~"

My eyes snapped open.

"Gloomy?" I whispered, thinking that my beloved pet had somehow been revived. My stupid kid mind was what made me pull the covers off my head and look over to greet my living-again pet.

Sure enough, she was there. But she wasen't alive... entirely.

Gloomy's fur was matted and tangled with dirt, her red eyes were swollen and oozing heaven-knows-what. Her nose was gone, and the hollow bone nasal cavity was visible, like a dark void on her face.

The thing that caught my attention most, though, was her mouth.

It was twisted into a wide, horrible grin, one impossible for a cat to manage. It spread up to her eyes, looking like a demented cheshire cat. Her matted tail waved back and forth as the ghoulish kitty slowly limped closer to me, her back legs dragging behind her like dead limbs. I was frozen in fear. My furry friend was now my worst nightmare.

"Meow."

I screamed.

Gloomy shot like a bullet the moment my shrill cry pierced the air. She smashed through my bedroom window and dissapeared into the night. My mom rushed in to comfort me. She stated that I must've had a nightmare and that something probably hit the window and that it could be repaired. I tried to tell her, but it was no use. She went out to check the grave and said that Gloomy was still buried safe.

I'm 21 now, living with my wife and 2 kids. I'm living in my childhood home with my family. We currently have no pets, due to my experience. Gloomy's grave still remains outside, but it's been filled with concrete. However, an engraving is clawed into the grave, done by an unknown source.

It reads "I smiled."

(Done! How was it?  big_smile )

I pretty much knew where it was going on the third paragraph. You mentioned "SMILE"

It was creepy though.

Yeah. I wanted it to be slightly predictable.

"One person's craziness is another person's reality" - Tim Burton http://www.dontstarvegame.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2012/10/spiders.png

#253 2012-07-10 19:00:30

mythbusteranimator
Scratcher

Nice pasta! Though, in one way, it can seem a little sad, like the cat came back to life just to give the character a smile. Was the cat evil or something?

http://www.foxtrot.com/comics/2012-04-01-fdb37077.gif
clicky

#254 2012-07-10 19:22:05

samid11
Scratcher

mythbusteranimator wrote:

Nice pasta! Though, in one way, it can seem a little sad, like the cat came back to life just to give the character a smile. Was the cat evil or something?

No, just commanded by a wish.

"One person's craziness is another person's reality" - Tim Burton http://www.dontstarvegame.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2012/10/spiders.png

#255 2012-07-10 21:44:37

Zbugni_Junk
Scratcher

I tried, I really did, but I could only make two sentences XD
It was about a guy exploring an abandoned urban area
and it's disgusting

I looked down towards the floor and my gaze was met by the hollowed-out shell of a dead rat, its remains plastered to the floor with a layer of dark grime.  My eyes cautiously drifted up and to the refrigerator, its door wide open, and I thanked all that was holy that the smell of whatever rotten food was inside had probably all drifted out through the gaping hole in the wall.

#256 2012-07-10 22:43:34

Animeboy975
Scratcher

I just posted a pasta, And nobody has given me feedback since I started writing it  sad

http://i48.tinypic.com/2zqr6o6.gifMiiverse:Ryanshy47

#257 2012-07-10 22:44:34

zbugni
Scratcher

Animeboy975 wrote:

I just posted a pasta, And nobody has given me feedback since I started writing it  sad

where...?
nobody's read my two sentences either XD

Last edited by zbugni (2012-07-10 22:45:22)

#258 2012-07-10 22:49:48

Animeboy975
Scratcher

zbugni wrote:

Animeboy975 wrote:

where...?

A page ago.

#259 2012-07-10 22:56:25

zbugni
Scratcher

Animeboy975 wrote:

zbugni wrote:

Animeboy975 wrote:

where...?

A page ago.

will read

#260 2012-07-10 23:06:26

zbugni
Scratcher

awesome pasta, it was cool
but wut was with the N64 cartridge?
and why was the guy so calm in front of the evil girl?

#261 2012-07-11 06:57:06

samid11
Scratcher

zbugni wrote:

I had the same questions.

#262 2012-07-11 07:50:21

Animeboy975
Scratcher

zbugni wrote:

He didn't want something to happen to him, but he was proven wrong.

N64 cartridge: I don't know.

#263 2012-07-11 08:38:08

zbugni
Scratcher

8 hours and nobody has an opinion on my two sentences :y

#264 2012-07-11 08:42:55

777w
Scratcher

zbugni wrote:

theres probably nobody online who feels like reading it

#265 2012-07-11 08:49:58

samid11
Scratcher

777w wrote:

zbugni wrote:

I'm online :3

#266 2012-07-11 08:57:05

zbugni
Scratcher

777w wrote:

zbugni wrote:

I know, bad timing posting it at night

#267 2012-07-11 08:59:01

zbugni
Scratcher

samid11 wrote:

777w wrote:

zbugni wrote:

no you aren't

#268 2012-07-11 09:34:10

samid11
Scratcher

zbugni wrote:

samid11 wrote:

777w wrote:

no you aren't

YES I AM.

#269 2012-07-11 09:35:11

777w
Scratcher

samid11 wrote:

zbugni wrote:

samid11 wrote:

no you aren't

YES I AM.

do not continue this conversation please, i dont want any more spam in my thread

#270 2012-07-11 09:57:36

jukyter
Scratcher

zbugni wrote:

777w wrote:

zbugni wrote:

Timezones. They're magic, right?
It's not that scary (it's not scary at all) and people don't like reading about rotting food because it makes people feel hungry. :I
Maybe with more then two sentences it'll be decent but otherwise...

cause a bird and a fish could fall in love/but where would they live?

#271 2012-07-11 10:12:20

zbugni
Scratcher

jukyter wrote:

zbugni wrote:

777w wrote:

Timezones. They're magic, right?
It's not that scary (it's not scary at all) and people don't like reading about rotting food because it makes people feel hungry. :I
Maybe with more then two sentences it'll be decent but otherwise...

It wasn't supposed to be scary yet, it was just all I could come up with...

#272 2012-07-11 10:12:57

samid11
Scratcher

Who wants more pasta?

#273 2012-07-11 10:14:17

777w
Scratcher

samid11 wrote:

Who wants more pasta?

thats what this thread is for but its not really pasta til its famous :P

#274 2012-07-11 10:18:05

zbugni
Scratcher

samid11 wrote:

Who wants more pasta?

e'ryone

#275 2012-07-11 10:19:18

samid11
Scratcher

Ok, Imma write one...about Invader Zim. There are NO good pastas about IZ, so I'm going to write a good one > smile

Board footer