This is a read-only archive of the old Scratch 1.x Forums.
Try searching the current Scratch discussion forums.

#1 2012-05-20 10:45:29

co13
Scratcher

Scratch Mod-TigerConnect

This is my 1st mod. I am making a new scratch mod called TigerConnect.  I designed it to be a multiplayer program for scratchers to connect, and play multiplayer games. It works exactly as mesh. The reason why I changed it a bit was so people don't modify the scripts with other scripts while in gameplay. I basically changes the edit menu, added mesh to it, added an open project command to it, deleted the area where the blocks were, changed the logo, and changed the colors of scratch. I also deleted the file menu so non-scratchers can't save it and use it for themselves(while deleting the share menu). The problem I was having was that I couldn't delete the share button next to the original file menu. I made it directly from scratch1.4 instead of using the source code. I made it the same way of the source code. The problem was that The 'Host Mesh' button was disabled in the source code.  The whole purpose of this was allowing mesh/Tconnect in this case. This is my 1st mod, so I am a begginer in scratch mods for 1.4.  I have a few questions for any person who has modding experience/the Scratch Team.  How do you delete the (share) button I mentioned? How do you upload a mod to the scratch site/or your site(whichever one is accepted). Thanks! If I am not supposed to make a mod of scratch1.4 directly then please tell me how to enable mesh in the scratch source code. I made a game for mesh/this in the first place, it's based of the marble racing demo. Look to my stuff for it(it's still a demo). Thanks again!  big_smile 

--co13 

Last edited by co13 (2012-05-25 18:09:33)

http://www.scratch.mit.edu/static/icons/buddy/722915_med.png?t=2013-04-20+10%3A22%3A33 Click image to go to my stuff SAVE SCRATCH 1.4 SITE

#2 2012-05-25 18:05:27

co13
Scratcher

Re: Scratch Mod-TigerConnect

I have figured out how to delete the three mini save,share,and language buttons next to the logo(yesterday). Here's how:ScratchUIPanes->ScratchFrameMorph->Initializing->
add shortcutButtonsTo and delete the text there. Make sure it has an up arrow and says "self" without quotes. I think my mod approves of the scratch-license-code, besides that it says "Scratch1.4" on the top bar, above the logo. I re-made this almost exactly while I was using a mac. I copy and pasted code on the one that runs on windows and typed the code for it on the mac. I might have copied and pasted this one, but I can re-make it without copy and pasting code (by typing the code). I get credit for this

when gf clicked
think [I think] [think]  
This is only credit of editing the menu etc. I don't I have the os x lion?/mac file on my flashdrive. I can't get that file for now(since I don't have a mac/it's on my flashdrive). Before I make suggestions for myself, any suggestions for this? One last thing, how do you upload a mod to a site/scratch site and make a download for it?
 --co13 
update:
This is where the scratch1.4 name is on the top bar. Can someone help me change it? Or does it matter if its there or not?

http://scratch.mit.edu/projects/TeamEarthquake/2567559

I guess the image tag got turned off. Please view this: TigerConnect-Mod Image

update2: I have noticed that the words in the circled part of the image(look to link) change depending which project you open. Is there a way to change the icon there? I have figured out a way to distribute the mod. I will put instructions of how to get it when I get a chance.

update3: I was able to find a way to give the mods to others since the site builder I work on made updates, even though I have to wait until thursday/1 week from now to give the mod to others: ModGive

update4:
The mod is cancelled since I don't see a purpose for it anymore.

update 5: The mod has been revived. Get it here: http://modgive.webs.com/ I this right to post this link since there's no chatting therefore, there's no bad behaivor. Aka follows community guidelines. Enjoy!

update5: I will gladly except anyones scratch modification in the case where you need a downloadlink. All you have to do is attach your mod to your email and email me @ [removed by moderator. Please don't share share personal contact information, see the Community Guidelines for details] I will use Mod-Give the website to create a link for you. Question: How do you modify scratch blocks and please visit my scratch stuff by clicking my username/crate score2 and read the bottom part of my notes.

Update6: My email was removed, this ask your questions here (in this topic instead).

-co13 

Last edited by co13 (2013-03-02 09:27:34)

http://www.scratch.mit.edu/static/icons/buddy/722915_med.png?t=2013-04-20+10%3A22%3A33 Click image to go to my stuff SAVE SCRATCH 1.4 SITE

#3 2012-05-28 14:47:35

gamer2012
Scratcher

Cool!

Coming soon: Nothing much 'till Scratch 2.0. Oh, here's one of my classics!  tongue  Square Quest: (You BETTER click here!!! XD)

#4 2012-06-13 15:36:24

EvilPegasus2274
Scratcher

co13 wrote:

I have figured out how to delete the three mini save,share,and language buttons next to the logo(yesterday). Here's how:ScratchUIPanes->ScratchFrameMorph->Initializing->
add shortcutButtonsTo and delete the text there. Make sure it has an up arrow and says "self" without quotes. I think my mod approves of the scratch-license-code, besides that it says "Scratch1.4" on the top bar, above the logo. I re-made this almost exactly while I was using a mac. I copy and pasted code on the one that runs on windows and typed the code for it on the mac. I might have copied and pasted this one, but I can re-make it without copy and pasting code (by typing the code). I get credit for this

when gf clicked
think [I think] [think]  
This is only credit of editing the menu etc. I don't I have the os x lion?/mac file on my flashdrive. I can't get that file for now(since I don't have a mac/it's on my flashdrive). Before I make suggestions for myself, any suggestions for this? One last thing, how do you upload a mod to a site/scratch site and make a download for it?
 --co13 
http://scratch.mit.edu/static/icons/bud … %3A09%3A41
 -(Superdot from my animations Dot's Adventure and my games Dot's Adventure 1,2,3) 
update:
This is where the scratch1.4 name is on the top bar. Can someone help me change it? Or does it matter if its there or not?

http://scratch.mit.edu/projects/TeamEarthquake/2567559

I guess the image tag got turned off. Please view this: TigerConnect-Mod Image

update2: I have noticed that the words in the circled part of the image(look to link) change depending which project you open. Is there a way to change the icon there? I have figured out a way to distribute the mod. I will put instructions of how to get it when I get a chance.

update3: I was able to find a way to give the mods to others since the site builder I work on made updates, even though I have to wait until thursday/1 week from now to give the mod to others: ModGive

-co13 

The way how to change the logo is to open Scratch Shift click R click the first choice and then hold the button next to the space bar then click the grey repaint button.

http://i49.tinypic.com/30vov8n.gif

#5 2012-06-21 13:19:47

co13
Scratcher

I have figured that out already but, thanks anyway! Too bad I am cancelling the mod. It doesn't really have a purpose anymore (to me)

#6 2012-07-05 11:21:42

co13
Scratcher

Good news: The Mod isn't cancelled! Look to my top post (all the way above)/update 5

#7 2012-07-08 19:56:39

gamer2012
Scratcher

Your mod was pretty cool.

Coming soon: Nothing much 'till Scratch 2.0. Oh, here's one of my classics!  tongue  Square Quest: (You BETTER click here!!! XD)

#8 2012-07-24 03:37:18

hunter6690
Scratcher

When i try editing the logo it wont work. im using the source code.image along with squeak on it.how do i do it with the Source Code

#9 2012-07-25 21:35:52

gamer2012
Scratcher

You still working on the mod?

#10 2013-03-01 21:48:00

co13
Scratcher

gamer2012 wrote:

You still working on the mod?

The mod was finished a long time ago, I didn't bother to go back and look at this. Unfortunately, I'm unable to give the link to my site since my site doesn't 100% follow scratch rules. Here's the steps how to get to it:

a) open up a new tab so you can refer to this later.

1) Go to www.duckduckgo.com (google doesn't work for this, and I didn't test out the other major search engines). Note: I don't support either ones. I use a variety of search engines.

2) search "QuakingProductions w/out quotes.

3) Click on the 1st link.

4) You have arrived at the site. Make sure it has a green wave line at the top.

5) Click Forums

6) Scroll down to Resources (2). Click on it. Then click on Resources once page loads.

7) Click link next to "TigerConnect"

8) Hopefully this helps, and gives you (all scratchers who see this) an easier to use environment for mesh/multiplayer.

Disclaimer: I am unresponsible for any problems that occur when downloading TigerConnect. ScratchTeam: I know this is "cheating the rules", but please don't remove this. My site isn't a bad community. So far, we have none (only 4 members of the team), which uses the site for collaboration only. I also use it for news and links. Thanks -co13 RUMBLE ON! SCRATCH ON!

OS Support:

WindowsXP, and Windows7 (I'm unsure if it supports Vista, and there won't be a version for any other OS.

Last edited by co13 (2013-03-03 10:26:40)

Board footer