This is a read-only archive of the old Scratch 1.x Forums.
Try searching the current Scratch discussion forums.

#201 2013-04-25 14:29:19

Nomolos
Scratcher

Re: Anyone kinda want 1.4 scratch to stay? <:(

NoxSpooth wrote:

Nomolos wrote:

Sorry, but the transition is already going to happen, they've released the date in which it comes out. If you quit Scratch, then I am sorry you could not adapt to the new site, and hope you will find another epic programming language, but I seriously encourage you to stay and try it!

Glad to see that you got over it!  big_smile

Sort of.  tongue

Goodbye 1.4. I'll always remember you and treasure your awesomeness in my heart.
RIP 1.4: 2007-2013 *Sniffles* *Sobs* *Bursts into tears*

#202 2013-04-27 12:03:28

Ashsplash
Scratcher

https://www.google.com/url?q=http://scratch.mit.edu/projects/Ashsplash/3295787&sa=U&ei=l_Z7Uan1BoXjtQaelIHQBQ&ved=0CAcQFjAA&client=internal-uds-cse&usg=AFQjCNEoBJH8Rln61-R-ZPWEjKwBKq_j9Q REALLY WANT 1.4 TO STAY!!!!!!!! I HATE 2.0 IT IS TERRIBLE!!!!!!

#203 2013-04-27 14:30:28

Jinck
Scratcher

samid11 wrote:

Nomolos wrote:

cheddargirl wrote:

Well, it's a beta and it;s still open to improvement. It's very troublesome when people say they don;t like the beta and don't say why; that kind of stuff only makes it impossible for us to figure what what needs to be fixed and what needs to get improved before the release.

Well actually, the reason I don't like the beta is because of the site interface. It contains absolutely no connection to the old site which I'm used to and love.

(Here comes a big rant)

So much new stuff but a lot of it I really hate. The new views system that gives a view everytime you click the green flag. It used to be a lot of views meant a lot of people viewing the project and it made you feel accomplished. But now it just means that somebody has been spamming the green flag and refresh button.

A bunch of things are being re-named, when the name before was perfectly fine.

The editor is harder to use, and I know they're adding bitmap but it doesn't look as easy as 1.4 either. 2.0 has gone on so many changes that it's barely recognized as Scratch anymore.

Exactly.
It's more like youtube and facebook than scratch.

scratch was always like youtube

Play Sins of A Solar Empire!!!!!!!! http://media.pcgamer.com/files/2012/03/Sins-of-A-Solar-Empire-Rebellion-5.jpg

#204 2013-04-27 17:59:25

Mokat
Scratcher

Ugh, is it just me or is the 2.0 site super laggy now?

http://www.eggcave.com/egg/977371.pnghttp://www.eggcave.com/egg/977376.pnghttp://www.eggcave.com/egg/1005291.pnghttp://www.eggcave.com/egg/996745.png

#205 2013-04-27 18:21:42

archmage
Scratcher

Well its more social now, but that seems to be what new users want. The new programming features look good tho, which is priority #1  smile

Hi, I am Archmage coder extraordinaire. I do Scratch,pascal,java,php,html, AS2 and AS3. Leave me a message if you want coding advice. Also check out my personal website, lots of good stuff about web development, Flash, and Scratch (v1 and v2) !

#206 2013-04-28 11:34:38

Jinck
Scratcher

OK, I was just playing a game in 2.0. It is so much better than anything that could be made in 1.4. I'm never going back now. I'm already making the engine for a new RTS game for scratch. It will even be multiplayer.

Play Sins of A Solar Empire!!!!!!!! http://media.pcgamer.com/files/2012/03/Sins-of-A-Solar-Empire-Rebellion-5.jpg

#207 2013-04-30 20:40:39

pugluv4ever
Scratcher

Mokat wrote:

Probably a problem with it being in beta...don't worry that will get ironed out soon.

http://beta.scratch.mit.edu/static/site/galleries/thumbnails/19/2162.png
Goodbye 1.4!  I will always love you!

#208 2013-04-30 20:53:57

MEOWCAT34
Scratcher

Lightnin wrote:

When scratch 2.0 is released, the 1.4 site will still be here.

Wuntz a pun a tiem dere wuz a ranndumb guy. da end.
GENERATION 32: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment

#209 2013-04-30 21:07:14

samid11
Scratcher

Mokat wrote:

Too laggy for words.

"One person's craziness is another person's reality" - Tim Burton http://www.dontstarvegame.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2012/10/spiders.png

#210 2013-04-30 21:34:19

MelonInc
Scratcher

samid11 wrote:

Mokat wrote:

Too laggy for words.

We've come to the conclusion that Chrome makes it lag the most. And IE barely works. Try using a different browser and then look at 2.0. If it still doesn't work well, please post something in the "Bugs and Glitches" forum there!

http://i37.tinypic.com/2qixx6c.png

#211 2013-04-30 21:51:43

Hyperbola
Scratcher

MelonInc wrote:

And IE barely works.

4 seconds isn't barely works? (tested on IE)

Last edited by Hyperbola (2013-04-30 21:56:46)

Tip of the whatever: Don't post in threads older than 2 weeks unless your post will actually be useful.
It's the last day of 1.4! *cries* (quote from NeilWest, rest by me) by the time you read this it probably will be 2.0  sad

#212 2013-05-02 17:37:40

DragonsAreAwesome12
Scratcher

I know right? I'm going to miss this webpage too, but you know how it goes. All things change. Trust me, it'll get better when you get used to it. My Mum thinks I have Aspergus too, so I know how you feel.  smile

#213 2013-05-02 18:06:07

Paddle2See
Scratch Team

samid11 wrote:

Mokat wrote:

Too laggy for words.

Got some changes going in soon that will speed things up quite a bit  smile

http://i39.tinypic.com/2nav6o7.gif

#214 2013-05-04 05:45:05

Warriorstar
New Scratcher

I will miss you 1.4 :,C

Bold text produce Bold text
Underlined text produce Underlined text
Italic text produce Italic text
Red text produce Red text
Blue text produce Blue text

#215 2013-05-04 10:45:28

MelonInc
Scratcher

Warriorstar wrote:

I will miss you 1.4 :,C

Bold text produce Bold text
Underlined text produce Underlined text
Italic text produce Italic text
Red text produce Red text
Blue text produce Blue text

We all will, but don't worry. You'll get used to 2.0. And if you miss the 1.4 editor, it's still available for download  smile

http://i37.tinypic.com/2qixx6c.png

#216 2013-05-04 13:38:36

MEOWCAT34
Scratcher

Nomolos wrote:

cheddargirl wrote:

PonyPokiPanikku wrote:

I know how you feel. I'm not liking 2.0 Beta either.

Well, it's a beta and it;s still open to improvement. It's very troublesome when people say they don;t like the beta and don't say why; that kind of stuff only makes it impossible for us to figure what what needs to be fixed and what needs to get improved before the release.

Well actually, the reason I don't like the beta is because of the site interface. It contains absolutely no connection to the old site which I'm used to and love.

(Here comes a big rant)

So much new stuff but a lot of it I really hate. The new views system that gives a view everytime you click the green flag. It used to be a lot of views meant a lot of people viewing the project and it made you feel accomplished. But now it just means that somebody has been spamming the green flag and refresh button.

The editor is harder to use, and I know they're adding bitmap but it doesn't look as easy as 1.4 either. 2.0 has gone on so many changes that it's barely recognized as Scratch anymore.

Wuntz a pun a tiem dere wuz a ranndumb guy. da end.
GENERATION 32: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment

#217 2013-05-04 13:59:05

samid11
Scratcher

MEOWCAT34 wrote:

Nomolos wrote:

cheddargirl wrote:

(Here comes a big rant)

"One person's craziness is another person's reality" - Tim Burton http://www.dontstarvegame.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2012/10/spiders.png

#218 2013-05-04 18:50:56

Hyperbola
Scratcher

samid11 wrote:

MEOWCAT34 wrote:

Nomolos wrote:

(Here comes a big rant)

(Though I agree with renaming friends to followers, makes more sense)

Tip of the whatever: Don't post in threads older than 2 weeks unless your post will actually be useful.
It's the last day of 1.4! *cries* (quote from NeilWest, rest by me) by the time you read this it probably will be 2.0  sad

#219 2013-05-04 19:17:33

Squirrelflight2
Scratcher

Nup! I won't miss it at all! Scratch will be WAY more awesome!  smile

#220 2013-05-04 20:16:32

ROSMan
Scratcher

samid11 wrote:

MEOWCAT34 wrote:

Nomolos wrote:

(Here comes a big rant)

GENERATION 33: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment

#221 2013-05-04 23:24:12

joshuaho
Scratcher

nama wrote:

WAItWaitwait... they're getting RID of project dowlnoading??
There are so many projects on here that will now be either unplayable, or super slow. Some projects, by scratchers who don't even come here anymore, have a thing that detects online-ness, and those projects will be unplayable.
Plus some project lag horribly online.
PLEASE keep the download feature. Or I will be teh sad.  sad   sad   sad   sad   sad 

[Excessive frownies removed by moderator - please don't spam]

EDIT: you know what forget it if they change to scratch 2.0 i'm leaving forever

sad   sad   sad   sad   sad   sad   sad 

No, you can save the projects online in your account by clicking remix.

Did you know that you can go to space and see Mars by clicking here?

#222 2013-05-04 23:40:24

meloninc_test
New Scratcher

joshuaho wrote:

nama wrote:

There are so many projects on here that will now be either unplayable, or super slow. Some projects, by scratchers who don't even come here anymore, have a thing that detects online-ness, and those projects will be unplayable.
PLEASE keep the download feature. Or I will be teh sad.  sad   sad   sad   sad   sad 

Scratch 2.0 will still have a downloadable editor! It just hasn't come out yet. The alpha version will be coming out soon, and the full version will come out later this summer. Besides, you could always use 1.4.

#223 2013-05-04 23:49:35

joshuaho
Scratcher

meloninc_test wrote:

joshuaho wrote:

nama wrote:

Scratch 2.0 will still have a downloadable editor! It just hasn't come out yet. The alpha version will be coming out soon, and the full version will come out later this summer. Besides, you could always use 1.4.

Oh, ok! YAY!  big_smile

Did you know that you can go to space and see Mars by clicking here?

#224 2013-05-05 09:21:54

samid11
Scratcher

Farewell, Scratch I knew and loved.

Hello, annoying, hard to navigate Facebook knock-off.

#225 2013-05-05 09:43:45

Hyperbola
Scratcher

samid11 wrote:

Farewell, Scratch I knew and loved.

Hello, annoying, hard to navigate Facebook knock-off.

Board footer