This is a read-only archive of the old Scratch 1.x Forums.
Try searching the current Scratch discussion forums.

#176 2013-03-03 10:10:10

Nomolos
Scratcher

Re: Anyone kinda want 1.4 scratch to stay? <:(

cheddargirl wrote:

PonyPokiPanikku wrote:

I know how you feel. I'm not liking 2.0 Beta either.

Well, it's a beta and it;s still open to improvement. It's very troublesome when people say they don;t like the beta and don't say why; that kind of stuff only makes it impossible for us to figure what what needs to be fixed and what needs to get improved before the release.

Well actually, the reason I don't like the beta is because of the site interface. It contains absolutely no connection to the old site which I'm used to and love.

(Here comes a big rant)

So much new stuff but a lot of it I really hate. The new views system that gives a view everytime you click the green flag. It used to be a lot of views meant a lot of people viewing the project and it made you feel accomplished. But now it just means that somebody has been spamming the green flag and refresh button.

A bunch of things are being re-named, when the name before was perfectly fine.

The editor is harder to use, and I know they're adding bitmap but it doesn't look as easy as 1.4 either. 2.0 has gone on so many changes that it's barely recognized as Scratch anymore.

Goodbye 1.4. I'll always remember you and treasure your awesomeness in my heart.
RIP 1.4: 2007-2013 *Sniffles* *Sobs* *Bursts into tears*

#177 2013-03-03 10:14:15

BLU_Spy
Scratcher

^This.

But, well, one day we might get used to those changes...  hmm

I HAVE SWITCHED ACCOUNTS! My new username is NoxSpooth.

#178 2013-03-03 10:14:53

nama
Scratcher

Nomolos wrote:

The new views system that gives a view everytime you click the green flag. It used to be a lot of views meant a lot of people viewing the project and it made you feel accomplished. But now it just means that somebody has been spamming the green flag and refresh button.

...If this is true...
FIX IT.

You say goodbye to 1.4, I say hello to 2.0.

#179 2013-03-03 10:18:41

samid11
Scratcher

Nomolos wrote:

cheddargirl wrote:

PonyPokiPanikku wrote:

I know how you feel. I'm not liking 2.0 Beta either.

Well, it's a beta and it;s still open to improvement. It's very troublesome when people say they don;t like the beta and don't say why; that kind of stuff only makes it impossible for us to figure what what needs to be fixed and what needs to get improved before the release.

Well actually, the reason I don't like the beta is because of the site interface. It contains absolutely no connection to the old site which I'm used to and love.

(Here comes a big rant)

So much new stuff but a lot of it I really hate. The new views system that gives a view everytime you click the green flag. It used to be a lot of views meant a lot of people viewing the project and it made you feel accomplished. But now it just means that somebody has been spamming the green flag and refresh button.

The editor is harder to use, and I know they're adding bitmap but it doesn't look as easy as 1.4 either. 2.0 has gone on so many changes that it's barely recognized as Scratch anymore.

Exactly.
It's more like youtube and facebook than scratch.

"One person's craziness is another person's reality" - Tim Burton http://www.dontstarvegame.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2012/10/spiders.png

#180 2013-03-03 10:24:19

BLU_Spy
Scratcher

nama wrote:

Nomolos wrote:

The new views system that gives a view everytime you click the green flag. It used to be a lot of views meant a lot of people viewing the project and it made you feel accomplished. But now it just means that somebody has been spamming the green flag and refresh button.

...If this is true...
FIX IT.

It's true...

Where's Fix-It Felix when we need him? D:

I HAVE SWITCHED ACCOUNTS! My new username is NoxSpooth.

#181 2013-03-03 10:27:38

samid11
Scratcher

BLU_Spy wrote:

nama wrote:

Nomolos wrote:

...If this is true...
FIX IT.

It's true...

Where's Fix-It Felix when we need him? D:

Felix: I can fi-...
*sees 2.0*
I can't fix that.

"One person's craziness is another person's reality" - Tim Burton http://www.dontstarvegame.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2012/10/spiders.png

#182 2013-03-03 20:34:01

Mokat
Scratcher

nama wrote:

Nomolos wrote:

...If this is true...
FIX IT.

It is true, but now there's no top viewed. So people won't be able to cheat to get front paged as easily.

http://www.eggcave.com/egg/977371.pnghttp://www.eggcave.com/egg/977376.pnghttp://www.eggcave.com/egg/1005291.pnghttp://www.eggcave.com/egg/996745.png

#183 2013-03-03 21:58:50

Nomolos
Scratcher

samid11 wrote:

Nomolos wrote:

cheddargirl wrote:

(Here comes a big rant)

Exactly.
It's more like youtube and facebook than scratch.

Yeah. I really am angry and could go on forever complaining about the new stuff. But I guess there's no way to change that. :'(

Goodbye 1.4. I'll always remember you and treasure your awesomeness in my heart.

#184 2013-03-03 22:00:22

Nomolos
Scratcher

Mokat wrote:

nama wrote:

Nomolos wrote:

...If this is true...
FIX IT.

It is true, but now there's no top viewed. So people won't be able to cheat to get front paged as easily.

Actually, it's easier to cheat love-its then views, because it takes less love-its then views to front page a project, which means that you could just create a couple alts and ba-boom! Front paged.

#185 2013-03-04 06:18:50

nama
Scratcher

BLU_Spy wrote:

nama wrote:

Nomolos wrote:

...If this is true...
FIX IT.

It's true...

Ok then. After seeing the beta, that's really the only beef I have with the 2.0 website (i'm gonna stick with using 1.4 for making stuff).

You say goodbye to 1.4, I say hello to 2.0.

#186 2013-03-04 10:47:42

soniku3
Scratcher

woah , you guys really can't move on.

internet's all about cats today.

#187 2013-03-04 11:16:40

Nomolos
Scratcher

soniku3 wrote:

I can move on, but it's really hard to move on to this new site which I really don't like. I'm probably going to stick with 1.4 for most of my projects, and then 2.0 for projects that need cloning or cloud variables.

#188 2013-03-04 13:04:36

samid11
Scratcher

Nomolos wrote:

soniku3 wrote:

it's really hard to move on to this new site which I really don't like.

THIS IS WHAT I'M TRYING TO SAY

#189 2013-03-04 14:21:35

soniku3
Scratcher

you could use stylish

internet's all about cats today.

#190 2013-03-12 21:17:13

uglysquidward
Scratcher

soniku3 wrote:

you could use stylish

whats that

Moved back to qwerts9000

#191 2013-03-12 23:25:42

kayybee
Scratcher

Okay. Is there a real problem with 2.0 besides preference?

If Scratch chose to make 1.4 lime green and neon pink, I'm pretty sure you would like 2.0 more.

#192 2013-04-23 16:40:30

co13
Scratcher

samid wrote:

Uhh...So, I just saw the preview video... I'm kind of sad about it. I grew up with this homepage, and I've grown to love it with all my heart. Now, it's turned into facebook (a website I personaly don't like at ALL.) and I feel like I'm going to cry. Sure, some of the new features look cool, but I like downloading projects and exporting sounds and sprites... I just wish I could still have all that.... Anyone else kind of sad?

PLEASE don't nag/troll me. I have Aspergers, and it's one of the reasons I react negativley to changes.

Oh, and if a scratch team member sees this, is there ANY way you could have a setting/feature where I can view it like the old page and post projects normaly? It would be a big help...

Please understand that I think it looks cool and all, and I respect oppinions, but PLEASE know that some of us don't like all the changes... Thanks for hearing me...

- Samid11

I've been on the scratch site for 2yrs. All this time I've put in, and it's getting replaced with 2.0. Scratch2.0 is a great program and has many neat features [I am staying on for 2.0], but 1.4 had a lot of useful hidden features too. Also the scratch2.0 site has many neat features, but the homepage ruined it all. It's designed for 8yr olds who can't program scratch. I think the ST is aiming to help younger ages learn programming, but all they are going to get is projects like my old/bad game (I was new to scratch) stick fight No person of the age 10+ will respect the site anymore, but maybe the projects I make with 2.0. Before this turns into an "essay" (really long post) again, if you want to save the scratch1.4 site, join my team here-WITH1.4!

Last edited by co13 (2013-04-23 18:59:28)

http://www.scratch.mit.edu/static/icons/buddy/722915_med.png?t=2013-04-20+10%3A22%3A33 Click image to go to my stuff SAVE SCRATCH 1.4 SITE

#193 2013-04-23 20:58:20

kayybee
Scratcher

co13 wrote:

samid wrote:

Uhh...So, I just saw the preview video... I'm kind of sad about it. I grew up with this homepage, and I've grown to love it with all my heart. Now, it's turned into facebook (a website I personaly don't like at ALL.) and I feel like I'm going to cry. Sure, some of the new features look cool, but I like downloading projects and exporting sounds and sprites... I just wish I could still have all that.... Anyone else kind of sad?

PLEASE don't nag/troll me. I have Aspergers, and it's one of the reasons I react negativley to changes.

Oh, and if a scratch team member sees this, is there ANY way you could have a setting/feature where I can view it like the old page and post projects normaly? It would be a big help...

Please understand that I think it looks cool and all, and I respect oppinions, but PLEASE know that some of us don't like all the changes... Thanks for hearing me...

- Samid11

I've been on the scratch site for 2yrs. All this time I've put in, and it's getting replaced with 2.0. Scratch2.0 is a great program and has many neat features [I am staying on for 2.0], but 1.4 had a lot of useful hidden features too. Also the scratch2.0 site has many neat features, but the homepage ruined it all. It's designed for 8yr olds who can't program scratch. I think the ST is aiming to help younger ages learn programming, but all they are going to get is projects like my old/bad game (I was new to scratch) stick fight No person of the age 10+ will respect the site anymore, but maybe the projects I make with 2.0. Before this turns into an "essay" (really long post) again, if you want to save the scratch1.4 site, join my team here-WITH1.4!

2.0 will happen. Making a "team" doesn't help.

#194 2013-04-23 21:10:47

MelonInc
Scratcher

co13 wrote:

samid wrote:

- Samid11

Really? I actually love the new home page, more than the old one. And I'm much older than 8, or even 10. But if you have a suggestion to make it a little nicer, I'm sure the ST would love to hear it. It would probably be best if you posted here on the 2.0 forums. If you haven't been over there recently they've been changing it a lot, so you never know what might happen if you submit your ideas.

http://i37.tinypic.com/2qixx6c.png

#195 2013-04-23 23:15:49

berberberber
Scratcher

Sorry for being opposed to you Nomo, but...

If your exploiting to be famous, then your projects aren't very good.  Besides, cheating's been around since the beginning of time.

I don't have anything to say about this,but maybe the scratch team thinks it's the best choice,for reason none of use know about.

The editor is harder to use, and I know they're adding bitmap but it doesn't look as easy as 1.4 either.

the bitmap doesn't really affect me, I don't design in scratch, but you can use MS Paint.  It's basically the same.  The new one even has transparency.  Scratch's new raster graphics look even better, to me.

2.0 has gone on so many changes that it's barely recognized as Scratch anymore.

I didn't like my new neighborhood either.  But now, I can't imagine going back. 

I see people acting like this in any program that undergoes updates, and it gets annoying.

http://i47.tinypic.com/2iaa73k.png

#196 2013-04-24 15:35:43

co13
Scratcher

Nevermind my post. It already lost it's support. I am probably staying
with the scratch2.0 community when it fully comes out. Although, I want to move on to newer things as well. Anyways once the 1.4 scratchers move to 2.0 then they quit. The new scratchers are just going to be able to make my old project  stick fight XD I was new then. If that's what you want by getting rid of the 1.4 site, that's what you are going to get right after this: My bet is they (1.4/experienced scratchers who adapted/moved to 2.0) will be gone after 2.0 happens.  I probably won't be on scratch for 3.0 unless it becomes a small hobby then. Update Note: Actually I probably will be on but not that much, like I said "a hobby" then. Future note for the 2.0 era: Hopefully people will respect the site one day and 3.0 has a better site. 2.0 supporters are correct. All of the 2.0 supporters/1.4 scratchers who adapted to 2.0 are right when they say a change is a change. People have to move on eventually. Anyways I'm just hoping people +10 (in age) will at least respect my projects. I'm above that age, but I won't tell you what my actual age is. However I think there are still ways to get around this. Actually I know there are was to get around this. Such as "ScratchR" where you can host your own site and possibly re-create this one. However it is too difficult for most scratchers. Before this post gets any longer, I apologize for the really long post. I also apologize for trying to help save this site. :p Why get rid of so much? Anyways Scratch2.0 ON!

Last edited by co13 (2013-04-24 18:00:14)

http://www.scratch.mit.edu/static/icons/buddy/722915_med.png?t=2013-04-20+10%3A22%3A33 Click image to go to my stuff SAVE SCRATCH 1.4 SITE

#197 2013-04-24 19:32:41

pugluv4ever
Scratcher

when I 1st saw 2,0, I hated it.
a month later, I love it so much and 1.4 now feels slow and clunky.
try using 2.0 for a while, and hopefully you'll change your mind  smile
im on the official transition team, so ask me any questions you have.
and u can ALWAYS use the old offline editor

http://beta.scratch.mit.edu/static/site/galleries/thumbnails/19/2162.png
Goodbye 1.4!  I will always love you!

#198 2013-04-25 13:40:42

NoxSpooth
Scratcher

hmm  Now it's too late, guys... 2.0 is going replace 1.4 in May 9.

Last edited by NoxSpooth (2013-04-25 13:41:13)

http://i1244.photobucket.com/albums/gg572/BLU_Spy/Best-Cry-Ever_zps3b2b857a.gif Goodbye, 1.4... We'll miss you...

#199 2013-04-25 14:10:14

Nomolos
Scratcher

Sorry, but the transition is already going to happen, they've released the date in which it comes out. If you quit Scratch, then I am sorry you could not adapt to the new site, and hope you will find another epic programming language, but I seriously encourage you to stay and try it!

#200 2013-04-25 14:13:17

NoxSpooth
Scratcher

Nomolos wrote:

Sorry, but the transition is already going to happen, they've released the date in which it comes out. If you quit Scratch, then I am sorry you could not adapt to the new site, and hope you will find another epic programming language, but I seriously encourage you to stay and try it!

Glad to see that you got over it!  big_smile

http://i1244.photobucket.com/albums/gg572/BLU_Spy/Best-Cry-Ever_zps3b2b857a.gif Goodbye, 1.4... We'll miss you...

Board footer