This is a read-only archive of the old Scratch 1.x Forums.
Try searching the current Scratch discussion forums.

#1 2012-03-23 16:38:44

turkey3
Scratcher

Make a virtual guide for others with your voice and screen recorded

Sorry if this should be suggestions, but I thought it was pretty advanced. I thought of a way to teach scratch to others. This would probably have I come out when scratch 2.0 does because scratch projects will be makeable online. I think there should be a record type button which records and videos whatever is going on in scratch, and it would record your voice. This could teach other scratchers how to make projects and do things visually and by listening at the same time. This would be very helpful. So you just click record and everything that happens on your screen is recorded, and the sound, until you click the button to stop recording. When it's all done, you can upload it onto the Scrath website. However, on the top of the website inbetween "my stuff" and "about" would be "virtual tutorials. This would be all filled with these. They would be quick to make and very helpful I new scratchers who need more of a visual guide to help them. Also, in the my stuff page would be a "my virtual tutorial" section with your videos. Also, there could be separate galleries for these. I know this would take a long time to make and stuff, but I think it would be definitely worth it! Again, I'm sorry if this is a "suggestion".

Last edited by turkey3 (2012-03-23 16:40:58)

#2 2012-03-23 16:40:50

bobbybee
Scratcher

Re: Make a virtual guide for others with your voice and screen recorded

1) Recording
It would probably be more easy for the Scratch team for you to simply use a screen-capture program. For audio, use a program to rip the audio, and then use a program to make it frame by frame.

2) My Stuff
Not gonna happen. Ever.

I support the Free Software Foundation. Protect our digital rights!

#3 2012-03-25 08:04:50

PullJosh
Scratcher

Just use the free version of Jing. Then you can record videos (with sound) then you could post them online.

http://www.blocks.scratchr.org/API.php?action=text&string=I'm_on_vacation!&xpos=155&ypos=90&font_size=30&bgimage=http://imageshack.us/a/img339/7215/sspeechsigapiforwords.png

#4 2013-03-30 08:53:04

kieran1000
Scratcher

good idea

Board footer