This is a read-only archive of the old Scratch 1.x Forums.
Try searching the current Scratch discussion forums.

#1 2012-02-22 15:59:53

MariaKlimenko
New Scratcher

music in scratch

What types of music files can I download in scratch project?

#2 2012-02-22 16:15:21

Magnie
Scratcher

Re: music in scratch

It's probably preferred to use non-copyrighted material, or use your own created music. Though that's my opinion based on the copyright laws.

#3 2012-02-22 19:00:15

Greenatic
Scratcher

.WAV's and .MP3's.   smile

#4 2012-02-23 04:18:28

MariaKlimenko
New Scratcher

I have f problem: I need to edd a song in MP3, but it's too long. I've made it shorter? this file is olso MP3? but scratch can't recognize it. What can I do?

#5 2012-02-23 11:47:03

RedRocker227
Scratcher

MariaKlimenko wrote:

I have f problem: I need to edd a song in MP3, but it's too long. I've made it shorter? this file is olso MP3? but scratch can't recognize it. What can I do?

I think Scratch only accepts compressed mp3s or something, so try doing that  wink

Why

#6 2012-02-23 15:34:10

mitchboy
Scratcher

RedRocker227 wrote:

MariaKlimenko wrote:

I think Scratch only accepts compressed mp3s or something, so try doing that  wink

I'm just wondering how you compress a file. Could you explain?

Quote of the week: "I am NOT being DRAMATIC!" ~Looney Tunes
Check out my newest game here!

#7 2012-02-23 16:42:02

cheddargirl
Scratch Team

RedRocker227 wrote:

MariaKlimenko wrote:

Regarding compression, it's the other way around. XD

Scratch has difficulty reading compressed MP3 because Scratch tries to uncompress them (which often result in crashing. Note that MP3 with security features on them to prevent copying can also cause crashes). The best bet in trying to get a music file onto Scratch is to use an uncompressed WAV file (shown as Windows PCM format on most file converters), which Scratch accepts most definitely.

Music files so they should be compressed after they have been imported into Scratch if one wants to save file space.

http://i.imgur.com/8QRYx.png
Everything is better when you add a little cheddar, because when you have cheese your life is at ease  smile

#8 2012-02-23 17:11:49

RedRocker227
Scratcher

cheddargirl wrote:

RedRocker227 wrote:

MariaKlimenko wrote:

Scratch has difficulty reading compressed MP3 because Scratch tries to uncompress them (which often result in crashing. Note that MP3 with security features on them to prevent copying can also cause crashes). The best bet in trying to get a music file onto Scratch is to use an uncompressed WAV file (shown as Windows PCM format on most file converters), which Scratch accepts most definitely.

Music files so they should be compressed after they have been imported into Scratch if one wants to save file space.

Oh. Well, I knew it was something to do with compression  tongue

Why

#9 2012-02-24 14:07:16

MariaKlimenko
New Scratcher

cheddargirl wrote:

RedRocker227 wrote:

MariaKlimenko wrote:

Thank you very much. I'll try to make a WAV file of the song.

Board footer