This is a read-only archive of the old Scratch 1.x Forums.
Try searching the current Scratch discussion forums.

#176 2012-03-10 21:40:02

DIY
Scratcher

Re: Frozen Coco - The Online Rock Band

jslomba wrote:

guys, I (finally) finished the drums for Gone and Reload

Great! I'll listen to them and get back to you.

http://i1082.photobucket.com/albums/j377/DIYmit/simple-blue-1024jpg.jpg

#177 2012-03-11 00:00:54

a1130
Scratcher

DIY wrote:

a1130 wrote:

Lundfamily hasn't been active for a while...

DIY, I think it isn't necessary to make the recording perfect. I understand what you want, but I think the mistake wasn't too obvious (like in the first recording), it's not like everyone will go "OMG YOU PLAYED IT AN OCTAVE TOO LOW  yikes   yikes   yikes " or something...

OK, but it's the latency I'm worried about. It will be hard to resolve that when mixing.

Oh, the delay. But later, the drums, guitar, and the vocals will cover it. The problem is, I have a huge solo at the beginning, so I guess I'll have to redo it again...

#178 2012-03-11 00:16:47

DIY
Scratcher

a1130 wrote:

DIY wrote:

a1130 wrote:

Lundfamily hasn't been active for a while...

DIY, I think it isn't necessary to make the recording perfect. I understand what you want, but I think the mistake wasn't too obvious (like in the first recording), it's not like everyone will go "OMG YOU PLAYED IT AN OCTAVE TOO LOW  yikes   yikes   yikes " or something...

OK, but it's the latency I'm worried about. It will be hard to resolve that when mixing.

Oh, the delay. But later, the drums, guitar, and the vocals will cover it. The problem is, I have a huge solo at the beginning, so I guess I'll have to redo it again...

That was what I meant. The piano track needs to be of good recording quality and without any mistakes. This is not a hard piano part as I mentioned before, so there should really be no reason as to why it should be below par.

#179 2012-03-11 11:55:46

jslomba
Scratcher

Guys, I have a suggestion for a cover song we could do for our 2nd EP. here.

the the the the the

#180 2012-03-11 13:53:23

imnotbob
Scratcher

Hey, I just wanted to say I owe y'all a thank you. You inspired me to make 440Hz so... thanks  smile

PesterChum Handle: annoyingAnchorman
durp yo terezi sup sup gotta beat john gotta beat john

#181 2012-03-11 14:43:40

DIY
Scratcher

jslomba wrote:

The solo is great, but we should try not to do covers from now on. Originals are better. I've got heaps of good ones waiting to be put on Noteflight.

@ imnotbob: Glad to see that we inspired you.  smile

#182 2012-03-11 16:03:36

technoguyx
Scratcher

fg123 wrote:

The band is going downhill.

Not really, at the pace we're going right now we should release the EP in April or so. Maybe aim to release a quick second one, or at least a single, in summer?

I don't think I'll be able to post here at all for a while - I'm loaded with school work and won't be able to get on my phone for some days.  hmm

@DIY, I suppose you need help with the piano in the last 8 bars? You could use the same with a little more variation. Here's a very quick edit.

http://getgnulinux.org/links/en/linuxliberated_4_78x116.png

#183 2012-03-11 16:55:22

a1130
Scratcher

DIY wrote:

a1130 wrote:

DIY wrote:

That was what I meant. The piano track needs to be of good recording quality and without any mistakes. This is not a hard piano part as I mentioned before, so there should really be no reason as to why it should be below par.

It's a easy part. I can play it by itself almost effortlessly. I just have a hard time following along with the Noteflight...

#184 2012-03-11 23:19:38

DIY
Scratcher

technoguyx wrote:

fg123 wrote:

The band is going downhill.

Not really, at the pace we're going right now we should release the EP in April or so. Maybe aim to release a quick second one, or at least a single, in summer?

I don't think I'll be able to post here at all for a while - I'm loaded with school work and won't be able to get on my phone for some days.  hmm

@DIY, I suppose you need help with the piano in the last 8 bars? You could use the same with a little more variation. Here's a very quick edit.

I was thinking more of a lead guitar part, but this is great! We could have the piano covering that while the other instruments improvise. I was also thinking of releasing a single in summer, perhaps this one. Thanks for the piano bit!  big_smile

Last edited by DIY (2012-03-11 23:59:25)

#185 2012-03-11 23:22:48

DIY
Scratcher

a1130 wrote:

DIY wrote:

a1130 wrote:

It's a easy part. I can play it by itself almost effortlessly. I just have a hard time following along with the Noteflight...

Playing to the Noteflight score is not hard if you can read music fast. I'm very good at that, so if you are struggling, I can help you out there.

P.S. I don't think those tracks of yours can be salvaged to fit in to the final mix, but could you make BOTH tracks (possible final and final) downloadable, so I can see what I can do?

Last edited by DIY (2012-03-12 00:22:26)

#186 2012-03-12 18:15:32

imnotbob
Scratcher

DIY wrote:

jslomba wrote:

The solo is great, but we should try not to do covers from now on. Originals are better. I've got heaps of good ones waiting to be put on Noteflight.

@ imnotbob: Glad to see that we inspired you.  smile

I've heard your music, it's really good. I hope my band can be as great as yours  smile

PesterChum Handle: annoyingAnchorman
durp yo terezi sup sup gotta beat john gotta beat john

#187 2012-03-12 20:07:02

a1130
Scratcher

DIY wrote:

a1130 wrote:

DIY wrote:

Playing to the Noteflight score is not hard if you can read music fast. I'm very good at that, so if you are struggling, I can help you out there.

P.S. I don't think those tracks of yours can be salvaged to fit in to the final mix, but could you make BOTH tracks (possible final and final) downloadable, so I can see what I can do?

Wait, how do you make it downloadable?

The problem I have is that I can't start together with the Noteflight score. If I press "Play" it will start immediately and I won't know when to play the first note. I wonder if Noteflight has a feature where it can count four beats before starting or something, that would make it easier to keep up with it...  hmm

#188 2012-03-12 22:04:35

DIY
Scratcher

a1130 wrote:

DIY wrote:

a1130 wrote:

The problem I have is that I can't start together with the Noteflight score. If I press "Play" it will start immediately and I won't know when to play the first note. I wonder if Noteflight has a feature where it can count four beats before starting or something, that would make it easier to keep up with it...  hmm

You can get someone else to count the beats with you before it is started. Or we could ask techno to add four beats. I could edit it myself I suppose, but I already have too many ideas for scores that will affect my limited allowance of ten scores on Noteflight. I used to struggle with the start, but now I think I've got the hang of it. I'll try my hand at it. It should be good. I have the other tracks mixed already except the guitar part (which I never received), so if I complete this, then it'll be a huge burden off my hands.

EDIT: I will try to tell you how to make the tracks downloadable by memory. On the top bar of your SoundCloud track, there should be an 'Edit' button. Click that and scroll down until you find three boxes, two with ticks, one with a cross. The one with a cross will say something like 'Allow others to download'. Click on this to enable it and then submit it again. This should work.

Last edited by DIY (2012-03-12 22:59:23)

#189 2012-03-12 23:02:18

a1130
Scratcher

DIY wrote:

a1130 wrote:

DIY wrote:

You can get someone else to count the beats with you before it is started. Or we could ask techno to add four beats. I could edit it myself I suppose, but I already have too many ideas for scores that will affect my limited allowance of ten scores on Noteflight. I used to struggle with the start, but now I think I've got the hang of it. I'll try my hand at it. It should be good. I have the other tracks mixed already except the guitar part (which I never received), so if I complete this, then it'll be a huge burden off my hands.

EDIT: I will try to tell you how to make the tracks downloadable by memory. On the top bar of your SoundCloud track, there should be an 'Edit' button. Click that and scroll down until you find three boxes, two with ticks, one with a cross. The one with a cross will say something like 'Allow others to download'. Click on this to enable it and then submit it again. This should work.

That reminds me, I have a Noteflight account, I could edit it myself...

#190 2012-03-12 23:12:19

DIY
Scratcher

a1130 wrote:

DIY wrote:

a1130 wrote:

OK. If you can do a polished recording, good, otherwise I'll have mine anyway. Please remember to make those tracks downloadable, but if you will record this soon, it doesn't matter. I plan to start my take soon in any case.

#191 2012-03-13 11:29:50

fg123
Scratcher

Remember back in the days when I came along and you felt threatened that I was stealing your position?

I think everyone would be threatened by you, because you're saying that if you don't do it, I'll do it, and I can do it, because I'm the manager and I'm the mixer, and I'm all the instruments.

I know you can play it, but if you let others have a chance, it will work better. After all, would you like everyone to leave cuz you're doing everything?

Hai.

#192 2012-03-13 11:45:22

a1130
Scratcher

fg123 wrote:

Remember back in the days when I came along and you felt threatened that I was stealing your position?

I think everyone would be threatened by you, because you're saying that if you don't do it, I'll do it, and I can do it, because I'm the manager and I'm the mixer, and I'm all the instruments.

I know you can play it, but if you let others have a chance, it will work better. After all, would you like everyone to leave cuz you're doing everything?

I agree with you too fg123, but please don't interrupt the discussion like this in the future  tongue . DIY, just let me record it, even if you are more accomplished (in terms of piano technique) than I am, you need to give us band members a chance, right? If you think we are inferior to you or something you could record all it yourself and there would be no FC.  hmm

#193 2012-03-13 13:20:43

lundfamily3
Scratcher

Ok, so i heard that IDY is staking a break... are u from this too?

http://i50.tinypic.com/zn102h.jpg

#194 2012-03-13 15:15:41

jslomba
Scratcher

um, don't you just have to mix in the drums for Gone and Reload and we can publish our first album? I don't know why this is taking so long  hmm

the the the the the

#195 2012-03-13 18:43:46

a1130
Scratcher

jslomba wrote:

um, don't you just have to mix in the drums for Gone and Reload and we can publish our first album? I don't know why this is taking so long  hmm

He thinks my piano part isn't good enough, and he says if I don't make a better one, he can make his own part. Also, hpotter134 hasn't recorded the guitar and lundfamily3 hasn't recorded her vocal part either...

#196 2012-03-13 18:46:06

a1130
Scratcher

lundfamily3 wrote:

Ok, so i heard that IDY is staking a break... are u from this too?

He's taking a break? really? BTW, when are you going to record the vocals? If you and ther guitar player record the parts we can release our album  big_smile

#197 2012-03-13 18:52:03

a1130
Scratcher

DIY wrote:

a1130 wrote:

DIY wrote:

OK. If you can do a polished recording, good, otherwise I'll have mine anyway. Please remember to make those tracks downloadable, but if you will record this soon, it doesn't matter. I plan to start my take soon in any case.

DIY, you've been a great manager and I am very happy to receive the opportunity of being piano player. I don't blame you at all for doing this, but you're acting like you can do everything and you dont need any of us. You are being a bit too demanding, and you seem annoyed that I can't play the part at or above level and everything.  DIY, I can do it, please please give me another chance...

#198 2012-03-13 19:02:15

fg123
Scratcher

I don't think you should beg. It's just like you're falling under his pressure.

Hai.

#199 2012-03-13 19:03:54

a1130
Scratcher

fg123 wrote:

I don't think you should beg. It's just like you're falling under his pressure.

I'm not begging or anything, just emphasizing the "please"  tongue

#200 2012-03-14 05:57:38

DIY
Scratcher

@ fg123:
You and veggieman unnecessarily create trouble for the band. There is no need for unrest in our band. No, I'm not trying to 'take over' the band. Why use a below-par track? Like a1130 said, I am better than him at technique. I am trying to make our outcome great. Please read the first post 'only for band members'.

@ jslomba: I'm waiting for hpotter134's tracks. The reason this is taking so long is because you two held us up. I hope we can get it done quickly now.

@ a1130: Don't worry, I never said I won't give you one more chance. If your new track sounds better, we'll use your's.  smile

@ lundfamily3: Yeah, but I said in the project notes that I will be active on the forums. I'm just taking a project break.

Last edited by DIY (2012-03-14 23:49:53)

Board footer