This is a read-only archive of the old Scratch 1.x Forums.
Try searching the current Scratch discussion forums.

#976 2012-08-22 16:48:02

hpotter134
Scratcher

Re: Frozen Coco - The Online Rock Band

technoguyx wrote:

ProgrammingFreak wrote:

jslomba wrote:

I just finished a song idea on my trip. Hope you like it  smile

That's catchy. :O

Though the piano line get a bit repetitive, yes  tongue  The bass and drums sound awesome paired with the high notes - might need some guitar chords to give a little fuller sound - and the ending is nice too. c:

It's cool! My first impression was "this is kinda weird"...but as the song went on and the drums/bass came in, the piano melody got stuck in my head  tongue  It's catchy...

Here's a song idea I'm working on (just the intro)

Last edited by hpotter134 (2012-08-25 17:45:52)

http://i45.tinypic.com/fxgtvc.png

#977 2012-08-22 22:46:39

technoguyx
Scratcher

hpotter134 wrote:

Here's a song idea I'm working on (just the intro...ignore the boogie woogie part  tongue )

The piano/guitar intro is simply amazing - ignoring the boogie woogie part and continuing with the same kind of feeling would make an equally great song. Nice job c:

EDIT: I edited Flashback and added some bass and guitar. Might need some work in the transitions but overall I think it sounds good, what do y'all think?

Last edited by technoguyx (2012-08-22 23:45:39)

http://getgnulinux.org/links/en/linuxliberated_4_78x116.png

#978 2012-08-23 13:36:38

jslomba
Scratcher

technoguyx wrote:

EDIT: I edited Flashback and added some bass and guitar. Might need some work in the transitions but overall I think it sounds good, what do y'all think?

Sounds great  big_smile

the the the the the

#979 2012-08-23 13:59:28

technoguyx
Scratcher

jslomba wrote:

technoguyx wrote:

Sounds great  big_smile

Knew you'd like it c: I'm checking it again to see if I can fix any noticeable errors (transitions, as I mentioned), then we can consider it ready for recording. You're back from vacation next week, am I right?

EDIT: Well, we can consider Flashback done. Song list, updated:

Recording done:
- "Out of the Possible" (technoguyx) (ready for release - will be the album's first single)
- Untitled, "masterpiece" (DIY) (mix needs touching up)

Score done - prioritize recording here:
- "Blissful Rapture" (DIY) (missing vocals, drums, guitar I believe)
- "Early December" (DIY) (missing vocals)
- "Flashback" (jslomba) (nothing recorded yet)

Only needs vocals - record these too:
- Untitled, Opening (DIY) (done without vocals)
- Untitled "funky" song (DIY) (done without vocals)
- Untitled "smooth while not slow" song (technoguyx) (missing guitar, vocals must be written)
- Untitled D-Minor Piano Ballad (DIY) (done without vocals)
- Untitled D-Major Acoustic Ballad (DIY) (nothing recorded yet)
- Untitled "at first sad, catchy later" (technoguyx) (missing drums and a lead guitar track, vocals need to be written)
- Untitled Am Sad Song (DIY) (done without bass, drums and vocals)
- Untitled Mellow Song (hpotter134) (nothing recorded yet)
- "Chanson sur E-mineur" (DIY) (nothing recorded yet)
- Untitled C-Major Piano Ballad (DIY) (nothing recorded yet)
- G Major Piano Ballad (DIY) (nothing recorded yet)
- Untitled Song on Em (DIY) (nothing recorded yet)

Still in progress/needs touching up - don't record yet:
- "-Ersatz-" (jslomba) (could be rewritten a bit)
- Untitled C-Major Song (DIY) (intro only)
- "-Ersatz II-" (jslomba) (could use rewriting)
-Piano intro + boogie woogie (hpotter134) (just loose ideas for now)
-Untitled (jslomba)

Last edited by technoguyx (2012-08-23 14:08:52)

#980 2012-08-28 09:27:07

Zeusking19
Scratcher

bump. Frozen Coco was great D:

http://i49.tinypic.com/2w7e1jm.pnghttp://dragcave.net/image/eFGFz.gifhttp://dragcave.net/image/9hE5q.gif

#981 2012-08-28 11:26:13

jslomba
Scratcher

DIY hasn't been too active lately  hmm

the the the the the

#982 2012-08-29 14:12:04

veggieman001
Scratcher

I think this is the right place to put this (but please correct me if it's not).

I think this new single sounds absolutely wonderful. The instruments come together really well, the vocals sound so much better, and the whole thing overall is just much better than Crimson Love, IMO. I really love what sounds like to me techno harmonising on "Out of the Possible" (which sounds amazing) and the guitar sound on "Early December". My only constructive criticism would be to make the vocals a little louder on "Early December" and I think that the drums sound really compressed on "Out of the Possible" (not sure how that could be fixed  hmm )

But anyway, nice work! I'm truly excited to see your album when it comes out.

#983 2012-08-29 19:08:32

hpotter134
Scratcher

veggieman001 wrote:

I think this is the right place to put this (but please correct me if it's not).

I think this new single sounds absolutely wonderful. The instruments come together really well, the vocals sound so much better, and the whole thing overall is just much better than Crimson Love, IMO. I really love what sounds like to me techno harmonising on "Out of the Possible" (which sounds amazing) and the guitar sound on "Early December". My only constructive criticism would be to make the vocals a little louder on "Early December" and I think that the drums sound really compressed on "Out of the Possible" (not sure how that could be fixed  hmm )

Ah...you beat me to it, veggie  tongue

So we've released OOtP and Early December as a double-single, as a birthday surprise for technoguyx. (I really hope that today is your birthday and we haven't messed the date up  tongue )

So yeah...Happy Birthday.  smile

Let's keep up the momentum, I know school is starting for me (and probably most of us), but if we can try not to die out quite yet, that would be nice.

What's the current song-to-record? Flashback?

http://i45.tinypic.com/fxgtvc.png

#984 2012-08-29 22:45:25

technoguyx
Scratcher

Zeusking19 wrote:

We're back, greater than ever. Click the first link in my sig - new single c:

jslomba wrote:

Not on Scratch, we (him, me, hpotter and Mari) have been mostly chatting through GMail to organize - it'd help if you could do so too.

veggieman001 wrote:

Appreciate the comments.  smile  That is, indeed, me harmonizing in OOtP - it's really buried in the mix, but that was intentional and it does sound great that way  big_smile  I believe the problem in Early December, is the overly muffled sound of the guitar overshadowing the vocals. And OOtP's drum track sounds that way because of jslomba's recording means, I believe.

hpotter134 wrote:

So we've released OOtP and Early December as a double-single, as a birthday surprise for technoguyx. (I really hope that today is your birthday and we haven't messed the date up  tongue )

Let's keep up the momentum, I know school is starting for me (and probably most of us), but if we can try not to die out quite yet, that would be nice.

Yes, you both got the date very right and I'm glad to receive this kind of b-day surprise  lol  I immediately showed it to my friends through FB and they've given some really great responses: "Reminds me of The Cranberries. (...) The song is good and so is the recording." plus various variants of "awesome"  tongue

I'd say we should put our priority in Blissful Rapture, then Flashback.

Last edited by technoguyx (2012-08-29 22:45:42)

#985 2012-08-30 00:06:51

All4one
Scratcher

I just listened to your new double-sided single Out of the Possible/Early December, and it's absolutely excellent. I have to agree with veggie, you've improved since the "Crimson Love" days - the songwriting seems more mature, and I think ContinentalRain fits into Frozen Coco's songs perfectly. I think this could be a breakthrough point for Frozen Coco - keep up the good work, and I'm looking forward to your new album more than ever.  big_smile

http://i1307.photobucket.com/albums/s600/CitrusOfTheTIger/sWujIsJ_zpsf6e772b4.jpg
Sig by AwesomeStar360

#986 2012-08-30 02:09:58

fg123
Scratcher

Sounds awesome! Mari's vocals sound awesome! I would prefer if her voice was mixed a little louder, but other than that, keep it up!  smile

Hai.

#987 2012-08-30 17:18:23

jslomba
Scratcher

The single sounds great!  big_smile

Are we going to release it on scratch soon?

the the the the the

#988 2012-08-30 17:21:25

ProgrammingFreak
Scratcher

Bravo, guys!

#989 2012-08-30 19:04:27

veggieman001
Scratcher

jslomba wrote:

According to the edits DIY made to the wiki article, it doesn't look like you're going to release it on Scratch.

#990 2012-08-31 02:31:13

WhisperToTheStars
New Scratcher

Hi, I was wondering if you needed any more vocalists. I absolutely love the sound of your band, and I would be more than happy to send you an audition. =] Also, what pitch range are you looking for in your songs? I am a female singer, 14 years old. I can sing alto, soprano 2, and soprano 1 (just not as well on that one =] ) Email me at whispertothestars@gmail.com or simply reply to this post. I hope to hear back from you soon!
Yours,
Samantha

#991 2012-08-31 16:05:16

technoguyx
Scratcher

^^We don't need more vocalists, sorry.

veggieman001 wrote:

jslomba wrote:

According to the edits DIY made to the wiki article, it doesn't look like you're going to release it on Scratch.

We can't release it if the FrozenCoco account is still banned. >.>

#992 2012-08-31 16:19:19

All4one
Scratcher

Wait, hold up, since when was the FrozenCoco account banned?

http://i1307.photobucket.com/albums/s600/CitrusOfTheTIger/sWujIsJ_zpsf6e772b4.jpg
Sig by AwesomeStar360

#993 2012-08-31 19:20:55

zippynk
Scratcher

technoguyx wrote:

^^We don't need more vocalists, sorry.

veggieman001 wrote:

jslomba wrote:

We can't release it if the FrozenCoco account is still banned. >.>

If you can't release it on scratch, I suggest making it downloadable and creative commons on soundcloud.

Great songs, btw. OOTP is amazing!

https://dl.dropbox.com/u/60598636/trifocal_interlude_soundcloud_button.png

#994 2012-09-01 13:17:00

technoguyx
Scratcher

All4one wrote:

Since a while ago, when LolaRose leaved the band.

zippynk wrote:

If you can't release it on scratch, I suggest making it downloadable and creative commons on soundcloud.

Should be downloadable, definitely... Not sure about Creative Commons, we'd have to talk about that. Personally, I license all my work as Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike, maybe that'd work out fine for our band's songs as we don't ever plan to sell them.

#995 2012-09-03 13:43:39

LolaRose1892
Scratcher

technoguyx wrote:

All4one wrote:

Did I get it banned?!  yikes  Oh my gosh, I'm SO sorry!  sad
(I can never help coming back here and checking out what's happening  smile  The new singles are AMAZING  big_smile )

http://i1082.photobucket.com/albums/j377/DIYmit/LolaRose1892.png

#996 2012-09-03 21:47:38

DIY
Scratcher

Returned from a long vacation just a couple of days ago. Sorry I haven't been active here lately. Anyway, since FC are deciding to move away from Scratch to better sites, I guess this thread will eventually become obsolete.

Glad to see the two singles have received positive feedback!  big_smile

Zeusking19 wrote:

As techno said, we are back, better than ever!  cool

technoguyx wrote:

jslomba wrote:

Not on Scratch, we (him, me, hpotter and Mari) have been mostly chatting through GMail to organize - it'd help if you could do so too.

Yeah, I've been contacting techno and hpotter via GMail and chatting with them on Google+. And lol, you mean I've been contacting Mari through Tumblr (and Twitter somewhat).  tongue  I love her vocal tracks (as does everyone), and she's definitely the perfect singer for FC.

Good to see my hard work to consult her has paid off.

jslomba wrote:

The single sounds great!   big_smile

As I stated previously, we don't have any intentions of releasing our music on Scratch due to the various issues we've had here. Also, I think we have made our mark here as the legendary first working band and released seven songs with no rivals, so I see no point to carry on.

@WhisperToTheStars: Sorry, I found a new vocalist for us so we don't need another.

EDIT: I'll request the title of this thread to be changed to 'Frozen Coco - The Online Rock Band', since we most certainly cannot be regarded as 'The Scratch Band' anymore, as we expand massively across the web. We are certainly one of the biggest, if not the biggest online band with no meetups, so it is fitting. We need to move onto better media-sharing sites if we want to popularise our music and it is a pain to maintain the FC account on this site tbh given the problems we've faced.

Last edited by DIY (2012-09-03 21:59:41)

http://i1082.photobucket.com/albums/j377/DIYmit/simple-blue-1024jpg.jpg

#997 2012-09-04 07:43:55

DIY
Scratcher

Just clearing up a few things:

technoguyx wrote:

All4one wrote:

Yeah, there was some crude stuff in that dA post.

Anyway, we are moving on, and as I told techno in one of my e-mails, it is for the betterment of the band that we're expanding out across the web. It'll do our popularity wonders, and seeing it isn't yet unbanned, we might as well leave it at that.

hpotter134 wrote:

So we've released OOtP and Early December as a double-single, as a birthday surprise for technoguyx. (I really hope that today is your birthday and we haven't messed the date up  tongue  )

technoguyx wrote:

Yes, you both got the date very right and I'm glad to receive this kind of b-day surprise   lol   I immediately showed it to my friends through FB and they've given some really great responses: "Reminds me of The Cranberries. (...) The song is good and so is the recording." plus various variants of "awesome"  tongue

I'd say we should put our priority in Blissful Rapture, then Flashback.

How could I mess up the date; it was on dA! I was super excited when I remembered your birthday was coming up so I came up with the idea for the surprise release.  tongue

I don't need to wish you a belated birthday since I was one of the first on the very day I believe (let alone, the one who reminded you that it was your birthday like you said, lol).  lol

My friends too said they enjoyed the songs. Many seem to like and instantly recognise the Travis picking style, which I purposely set as a challenge to compose a song with that style. It is featured in the Beatle records 'Julia' and 'Dear Prudence' and definitely was my inspiration. I was unsure at first whether I'd need to record myself since hpotter may not be familiar with the style, but he pulled it off well. So there's a nice little anecdote for you (though the fact that I recorded the piano for 'Out of the Possible' in a hotel lobby is certainly my favourite, like you agreed via e-mail techno!). 'Blissful Rapture' is our priority like techno said (since bass, guitar and my piano part have been recorded already). I've been contacting Mari daily via Tumblr (as usual), but I'm not sure if she can pull off the high notes well yet. It won't be long though till she does, I should think.

I will be editing the first post now in a much more organised manner. I have tonnes of song ideas (~50, no exaggeration: You know that techno ;D). I won't be sharing all those here (I have shown too many ideas to the public which I don't fancy); I'd prefer if only the band members see them from now on, so that's another good thing about us moving out to a better website, where our discussions can be private. I will definitely be leaving some for my solo work (there are some fantastic tunes that will sound better recorded by me alone and more polished, fit for professional release).

On a side note, I created a Frozen Coco wiki page for us to preserve our legacy. I'll be linking that on the first post soon.

#998 2012-09-04 08:28:32

DIY
Scratcher

Bandmates, please change your sigs to advertise our two new singles:

Code:

[url=http://soundcloud.com/frozen-coco/early-december][img]http://i1082.photobucket.com/albums/j377/DIYmit/FCsig.jpg[/img][/url]

I'll be relinking you to your current sigs again after the news gets a bit old.

#999 2012-09-04 09:30:50

technoguyx
Scratcher

DIY wrote:

And lol, you mean I've been contacting Mari through Tumblr (and Twitter somewhat).  tongue

lol yeah, that.

DIY wrote:

We are certainly one of the biggest, if not the biggest online band with no meetups, so it is fitting.

I believe you're exaggerating a bit, I'm sure we don't have the title of "Biggest Online Band" yet. Though I can't name examples, it's not something nobody has ever done before, I remember seeing lots of entirely online bands in ultimate-guitar's forums.

Gotta record Flashback now.

Last edited by technoguyx (2012-09-04 09:31:18)

#1000 2012-09-04 09:33:43

DIY
Scratcher

technoguyx wrote:

DIY wrote:

And lol, you mean I've been contacting Mari through Tumblr (and Twitter somewhat).  tongue

lol yeah, that.

DIY wrote:

We are certainly one of the biggest, if not the biggest online band with no meetups, so it is fitting.

I believe you're exaggerating a bit, I'm sure we don't have the title of "Biggest Online Band" yet. Though I can't name examples, it's not something nobody has ever done before, I remember seeing lots of entirely online bands in ultimate-guitar's forums.

Gotta record Flashback now.

Lol, I wasn't exaggerating. I have seen other online bands, but I doubt they record originals without even video interaction from different parts of the world.

What songs have you heard from other online bands?  smile

EDIT: 1000th post!  big_smile  We would have raced past this ages ago if it hadn't been for the issues here.

Last edited by DIY (2012-09-04 09:38:19)

Board footer