This is a read-only archive of the old Scratch 1.x Forums.
Try searching the current Scratch discussion forums.

#226 2012-03-17 22:13:32

DIY
Scratcher

Re: Frozen Coco - The Online Rock Band

lundfamily3 wrote:

i can't record guys! every time i am half way through i have something...  sad  i think i should quit since i know u guys wouldnt want me if i can't sing that often anymore

Yeah, that would be a problem. I have currently consulted FreshStudios who seems a good singer, so that should not be a problem.

http://i1082.photobucket.com/albums/j377/DIYmit/simple-blue-1024jpg.jpg

#227 2012-03-17 22:19:30

DIY
Scratcher

jslomba wrote:

don't we still need art for LSJ, Gone, and Reload?

Since when did each and every song in an album need a cover art?

#228 2012-03-18 21:42:20

technoguyx
Scratcher

Yeah, we don't need cover art for every single song. We aren't even releasing them all as singles.

http://getgnulinux.org/links/en/linuxliberated_4_78x116.png

#229 2012-03-19 06:39:18

DIY
Scratcher

technoguyx wrote:

Yeah, we don't need cover art for every single song. We aren't even releasing them all as singles.

True.

BTW, I have mixed all, yes all the songs sans the vocals! They sound great, especially Reload that sounds kinda like an acoustic ballad-turned-rock-song. You'll be in for a surprise! Hopefully FreshStudios will be able to record quickly as lundfamily3 quit. I luckily consulted a back-up.  tongue

#230 2012-03-19 15:36:47

a1130
Scratcher

(Today, we had conferences at school, so school ended early and I'm at home.)

OK, I haven't had any involvement in the making of this album except for some horribly made recordings that are terribly uneven.  I haven't even let my parents or piano teacher know about this and I have to secretly record when my parents aren't at home. As fg123 said, I treat this as a side project and I don't really take it VERY seriously.

I had a huge piano competition I was preparing for and I've been practicing my concerto like crazy. It was yesterday and I got first place, so now I got a heavy load of work off of me and I can be more free now. DIY, I don't want to let you down. I'll record Gone and Reload afterwards, and it will be a good take, at or above par  smile

#231 2012-03-19 18:54:08

a1130
Scratcher

a1130 wrote:

OK, I haven't had any involvement in the making of this album except for some horribly made recordings that are terribly uneven.  I haven't even let my parents or piano teacher know about this and I have to secretly record when my parents aren't at home. As fg123 said, I treat this as a side project and I don't really take it VERY seriously.

I had a huge piano competition I was preparing for and I've been practicing my concerto like crazy. It was yesterday and I got first place, so now I got a heavy load of work off of me and I can be more free now. DIY, I don't want to let you down. I'll record Gone and Reload afterwards, and it will be a good take, at or above par  smile

bumppp

#232 2012-03-19 21:49:00

DIY
Scratcher

a1130 wrote:

I was waiting for that. I have done a rough mix already during the long time that has passed since then (as mentioned above). If you produce a good recording, I'll consider adding it in.

#233 2012-03-21 09:43:58

DIY
Scratcher

Alright, I've mixed Gone. All master tracks of the songs are complete now. I don't usually have much free time, but seeing I didn't have the piano track for Gone and I was free at the time, I decided to record it myself.

Sorry a1130, but I don't have that much time now, especially since I have a major exam coming up in one-and-a-half months. This was the only thing holding us up, and seeing that I am serious of my studies, I was forced to do so since I will be busy revising now. That is why I decided to take a project break from Scratch. Techno said this could be released in April, and if this course of action wasn't taken, I seriously doubt we would have completed it by then.

Now I only need vocals and I'm awaiting FreshStudio's reply. At least that's a huge burden off my hands as I also do have a series of tests coming up in preparation for the exam. If I have time, I'll mix vocals once they are done. They won't be hard to mix unlike instrument tracks which often need to be edited while mixing in certain places. That really won't happen with vocals because there's nothing natural I can do to the singing tracks.

#234 2012-03-21 09:52:45

technoguyx
Scratcher

So, pretty much everything is done except the vocals? I still think it'd be worth waiting for a1130's piano tracks - it makes no sense to have him here if he doesn't record anything. Obviously we want the best possible tracks though, and I hope a1130 can record them well this time. Changing a whole track and mixing the whole song with it isn't as hard as it sounds in my experience, as long as it's a good track.  smile

If almost everything is done, I think we can start thinking about the cover art and advertising. There's a collab for a Scratch radio right here, I'll see what it's about.

#235 2012-03-21 10:02:27

DIY
Scratcher

technoguyx wrote:

So, pretty much everything is done except the vocals? I still think it'd be worth waiting for a1130's piano tracks - it makes no sense to have him here if he doesn't record anything. Obviously we want the best possible tracks though, and I hope a1130 can record them well this time. Changing a whole track and mixing the whole song with it isn't as hard as it sounds in my experience, as long as it's a good track.  smile

If almost everything is done, I think we can start thinking about the cover art and advertising. There's a collab for a Scratch radio right here, I'll see what it's about.

OK. The cover art is done (the Crimson Love cover art that matches with the sigs).

And as I mentioned, I really don't have the time if we have to perfect an instrument. I can't redo the mix again as the Audacity file I used (only for Gone, as it was rather basic) always seems to crash. That happened to one of my Inter-House Music competition tracks I did at school, but fortunately I had exported it as a .wav, and we won! I always took the precaution ever since, and I was prepared for it too this time.

I saw your post on Scratchtunes. All4one is an old, good friend of mine, so I too will see what I can do.  smile

Last edited by DIY (2012-03-21 10:06:17)

#236 2012-03-21 10:14:23

technoguyx
Scratcher

Another thing we could do is randomly follow people on our Soundcloud some days before the release, maybe with a small sneak peek. They follow back (it's like in Twitter, kinda), they all listen to the EP when it's released and some of them will like it. :3 Just to expand our territory a little beyond Scratch. ;P

#237 2012-03-21 10:26:08

DIY
Scratcher

technoguyx wrote:

Another thing we could do is randomly follow people on our Soundcloud some days before the release, maybe with a small sneak peek. They follow back (it's like in Twitter, kinda), they all listen to the EP when it's released and some of them will like it. :3 Just to expand our territory a little beyond Scratch. ;P

Yeah, that's great! Techno, remember to e-mail me the passwords to the SoundCloud and BandCamp accounts if ever you plan to leave Scratch (like you were contemplating earlier on). I plan to stick around for a long time, so only if you are leaving maybe much later on, just remember to do so.  tongue

#238 2012-03-21 22:31:04

technoguyx
Scratcher

DIY wrote:

technoguyx wrote:

Yeah, that's great! Techno, remember to e-mail me the passwords to the SoundCloud and BandCamp accounts if ever you plan to leave Scratch (like you were contemplating earlier on). I plan to stick around for a long time, so only if you are leaving maybe much later on, just remember to do so.  tongue

Maybe we could share the accounts, us two. In any case, I think it's better for you to be the main owner of the accounts - mixing is currently your job and you could upload everything directly from your computer (which would be 300+ MB on Bandcamp - you must upload everything in .wav).

So, when everything is done, I'll get on the account and spend about an hour following people, and some days later you upload the EP.

#239 2012-03-21 22:45:09

DIY
Scratcher

technoguyx wrote:

DIY wrote:

technoguyx wrote:

Maybe we could share the accounts, us two. In any case, I think it's better for you to be the main owner of the accounts - mixing is currently your job and you could upload everything directly from your computer (which would be 300+ MB on Bandcamp - you must upload everything in .wav).

So, when everything is done, I'll get on the account and spend about an hour following people, and some days later you upload the EP.

OK, good. So I'll give you my e-mail address specially for Scratch when you need me to upload and you can send me the passwords which I'll keep as it is. Both of us can then log on freely to the same account. I'll tell you when all the mixing with vocals is done.

#240 2012-03-22 19:57:13

a1130
Scratcher

OK, I re-recorded Gone (you can find it here)  and this recording does not have any delay, is pretty even (even if it's uneven, it's only slightly off tempo and doesn't affect the other tracks). However, I can't view Reload! It tells me to log in, and I log in. Then it says, "Sorry, you do not have permission to read this score." Weird...

#241 2012-03-22 21:18:09

All4one
Scratcher

I'm really excited to hear the new EP! Is it called "Crimson Love"?

By the way, could you guys send me one of your songs via secret account, for use in Scratchtunes? Once I comment saying I've received it, you can delete the project, to prevent leaking.

Sorry if you think I'm hounding you guys.  tongue

http://i1307.photobucket.com/albums/s600/CitrusOfTheTIger/sWujIsJ_zpsf6e772b4.jpg
Sig by AwesomeStar360

#242 2012-03-22 21:50:52

DIY
Scratcher

All4one wrote:

By the way, could you guys send me one of your songs via secret account, for use in Scratchtunes? Once I comment saying I've received it, you can delete the project, to prevent leaking.

Yeah, it's called Crimson Love. I came up with the name!  tongue

After the songs are released officially, you can have the tracks. I don't think it's a good idea to send the tracks before they are released.  smile

@ a1130: I don't have much free time to mix again, as I mentioned. Audacity keeps crashing on my computer, and I was aware of that. I saved a .wav file as I told techno. I'm sorry, but there's nothing that can be done now since you were holding my duties up. I simply don't have the time. And Reload's done anyway. The Noteflight score is alright. All songs are done...

Last edited by DIY (2012-03-22 21:59:36)

#243 2012-03-22 22:06:08

veggieman001
Scratcher

DIY wrote:

@ a1130: I don't have much free time to mix again, as I mentioned. Audacity keeps crashing on my computer, and I was aware of that. I saved a .wav file as I told techno. I'm sorry, but there's nothing that can be done now since you were holding my duties up. I simply don't have the time. And Reload's done anyway. The Noteflight score is alright. All songs are done...

Disclaimer: This is just a question and I'm not intending to interfere with the band in any way.
Out of curiosity, why don't you save the multitrack files?

#244 2012-03-22 23:35:23

a1130
Scratcher

DIY wrote:

Oh great.[/sarcasm] So, this whole album doesn't have any involvement by me, and my tracks aren't going to be used. Everything is over, and you're gonna release Crimson Love and leave me lying there in the dust...  sad

Why don't you let techno add my tracks? maybe that could help...  hmm  He is right, it's not worth choosing me if I can't get involved in anything.

Last edited by a1130 (2012-03-22 23:39:14)

#245 2012-03-23 00:35:17

All4one
Scratcher

DIY wrote:

All4one wrote:

Yeah, it's called Crimson Love. I came up with the name!  tongue

After the songs are released officially, you can have the tracks. I don't think it's a good idea to send the tracks before they are released.  smile

All right, that's cool, too. ^^
You don't want the songs to leak by accident.

Last edited by All4one (2012-03-23 00:35:43)

http://i1307.photobucket.com/albums/s600/CitrusOfTheTIger/sWujIsJ_zpsf6e772b4.jpg
Sig by AwesomeStar360

#246 2012-03-23 03:09:12

DIY
Scratcher

a1130 wrote:

DIY wrote:

Oh great.[/sarcasm] So, this whole album doesn't have any involvement by me, and my tracks aren't going to be used. Everything is over, and you're gonna release Crimson Love and leave me lying there in the dust...  sad

Why don't you let techno add my tracks? maybe that could help...  hmm  He is right, it's not worth choosing me if I can't get involved in anything.

I think I should be the one being annoyed about how this album was being held up. For the record, school finished, and I tried mixing your track, feeling sorry for you not making any contribution. After three takes, I am stunned at how the tempo has not been perfected at all. It tails off in the middle. This is the same problem we had with our previous pianist. By delaying and doing all this, I think you've left the band 'lying there in the dust'.

Techno cannot add your tracks since he is grounded. I'm pretty sure he can't find the time to do so, that's why he handed duties to me. Maybe it's not worth choosing you, if you aren't going to produce polished recordings... We'll need to think that over, Techno and I, for the betterment of the band.

Sorry to be so harsh, but there's really no need for you to get annoyed.

@veggieman001: Audacity v1.2.6 keeps crashing on my second computer, which is old. My new one has Reaper, FL Studio, etc., so I knew this would happen. I can't save a multi-track file...

Last edited by DIY (2012-03-23 06:05:30)

#247 2012-03-23 08:55:52

DIY
Scratcher

Techno, who do you think should sing Gone? It seems to suit a guy (I am now convinced that Reload suits a female's voice), so are you up for singing it? You could ask hpotter134 since he said he could sing too a while back. It would be pointless if we just pulled in a singer for this song.

I propose we stick to a five-person band [you on bass (I can help you out in tough songs like Reload  tongue ), jslomba on drums, hpotter134 on acoustic guitar/banjo, me on piano (now that a1130 does not seem a great choice due to his timing issue, plus I don't have a fixed musical spot in the band; my timing's impeccable  big_smile ) and a fifth female singer to do the female oriented songs].

That would be a great line-up, and we could work as one unit rather than dragging other musician (with the exception of stand-in musicians like locker99). We could get stuff done much quicker and like a real band, have the same committed members.

I'm still unsure of FreshStudios being vocalist because she has not come online in a while.  neutral  You, hpotter134 and I could sing Gone, but I'd be thrilled to see one of you two sing it. It's your song after all!  tongue

#248 2012-03-23 13:45:46

All4one
Scratcher

DIY wrote:

Techno, who do you think should sing Gone? It seems to suit a guy (I am now convinced that Reload suits a female's voice), so are you up for singing it? You could ask hpotter134 since he said he could sing too a while back. It would be pointless if we just pulled in a singer for this song.

I propose we stick to a five-person band [you on bass (I can help you out in tough songs like Reload  tongue ), jslomba on drums, hpotter134 on acoustic guitar/banjo, me on piano (now that a1130 does not seem a great choice due to his timing issue, plus I don't have a fixed musical spot in the band; my timing's impeccable  big_smile ) and a fifth female singer to do the female oriented songs].

That would be a great line-up, and we could work as one unit rather than dragging other musician (with the exception of stand-in musicians like locker99). We could get stuff done much quicker and like a real band, have the same committed members.

I'm still unsure of FreshStudios being vocalist because she has not come online in a while.  neutral  You, hpotter134 and I could sing Gone, but I'd be thrilled to see one of you two sing it. It's your song after all!  tongue

A male singer and a female singer, kind of like Fleetwood Mac!

I had a very strong urge to mention that.  tongue

Last edited by All4one (2012-03-23 13:46:35)

Sig by AwesomeStar360

#249 2012-03-23 22:36:50

technoguyx
Scratcher

I'm a pretty bad singer D: At most I could do some backup and harmonies.

#250 2012-03-23 23:08:40

zippynk
Scratcher

Well, if you were really looking for a vocalist to a point where you would look for a  temporary one (permanent is too much of a commitment for me), I created a cover for Gone a few months ago and I could post the vocal track.

Last edited by zippynk (2012-03-23 23:08:59)

https://dl.dropbox.com/u/60598636/trifocal_interlude_soundcloud_button.png

Board footer