This is a read-only archive of the old Scratch 1.x Forums.
Try searching the current Scratch discussion forums.

#151 2012-04-07 07:30:41

Cozyhut3
Scratcher

Re: Super Smash Bros. 3DS/Wii U: Which characters should be put in?

One word: Mudkip.  tongue

#152 2012-04-07 08:38:05

pi3
Scratcher

maxskywalker wrote:

I say that Terra, Ventus, and Aqua should really be in it, and Riku absolutely needs to be in it.

Sorry, but I don't think that nintendo will put four characters from the same series that they don't even own in. You might have a chance for one or two, but two is extremely unlikely.

http://i44.tinypic.com/ofdhc4.jpgThanks FreshStudios!

#153 2012-04-07 12:43:49

Sausagefanclub
Scratcher

I just want Mr. Sausage Man...  sad
But we all know there's a 0% chance of that happening.  hmm

http://sausagepages1185.weebly.com/uploads/1/4/1/5/14153465/446452.png?525

#154 2012-04-07 12:44:39

pi3
Scratcher

Sausagefanclub wrote:

Who is that?

#155 2012-04-07 12:54:13

Sausagefanclub
Scratcher

pi3 wrote:

Sausagefanclub wrote:

Who is that?

O_O

You need to go here. NOW.
(yes, it's scratch-approved)

#156 2012-04-19 17:52:28

Cozyhut3
Scratcher

Sausagefanclub wrote:

Pfft. I want Trigger Happy, but there's, like, a -1% chance of that happening.  sad   tongue

Oh, right, my point.. you're the lucky one here! XD

Last edited by Cozyhut3 (2012-04-19 17:52:58)

#157 2012-04-19 18:03:57

soupoftomato
Scratcher

Sausagefanclub wrote:

pi3 wrote:

Sausagefanclub wrote:

Who is that?

O_O

You expect everyone to know "Mr. Sausage Man"?

Besides he totally ripped the name of The Burgerlar.

I'm glad to think that the community will always be kind and helpful, the language will always be a fun and easy way to be introduced into programming, the motto will always be: Imagine, Program, Share - Nomolos

#158 2012-04-19 18:45:31

Sausagefanclub
Scratcher

soupoftomato wrote:

Sausagefanclub wrote:

pi3 wrote:

Who is that?

O_O

You expect everyone to know "Mr. Sausage Man"?

Besides he totally ripped the name of The Burgerlar.

1. It's sort of a thing I'm planning in the future. Please don't use constructive criticism or anything like that and say my plan will never succeed. It hurts my feelings.  hmm

2. Actually we came up with his name on our own; we didn't know the name of that character from McDonald's back then. But I don't think the similar name will do much harm. After all, the McDonalds character's name is "The Hamburglar", not "The Burgerlar". As long as there's a difference, I don't think we'll get sued or anything like that. If the fast food restaurant does go out of their way and threatens to fine us, then we'll simply change The Burgerlar's name. Or if we are forced to throw him away, Mr. Beef, Lemon or the not-yet-introduced Mr. Plague can take his place. Although I've grown quite attached to The Burgerlar's unique personality...

#159 2012-04-19 18:56:27

soupoftomato
Scratcher

wiimaster wrote:

Sausagefanclub wrote:

wiimaster wrote:

I concur.

Hey, don't burst his bubble. He's probably just talking about what he wants to do when he grows up. He worked very hard typing up all his ideas. I'm pretty sure Adrian is smart enough to know what he's capable of. Cut him some slack.  hmm

@JJROCKER: The game will come out on Wii U and 3DS. The Wii U game will probably have more content, but the 3DS game will be in 3D.

I'm not saying he has absolutely no chance, its just that Nintendo wouldn't take an idea from a kid because they would be afraid that they may later be asked for money. And if he is talking about when he grows up- he lives in the US. Nintendo is Japanese. He would have to move at a young age to be able to get the correct training and university courses in Japan to become a computer programmer. But, considering he would have to learn Japanese first, which is a difficult language, he would have to go to a language school before he moves. It would probably take him 6 or so years to learn Japanese. Lets say he is 12 or 13 now. He will have to start learning Japanese now if he wants to be fluent enough to be able to use it in a business environment. When he is 18 (give or take a few years) he must move to Japan and go to university for 8 or so years (he will need multiple degrees, they depend on if he wants to program, concept or do art however). Now he is probably in his late twenties or thirties. He'd have to apply to join Nintendo, which is probably a company that is tough when it comes to hiring. I'm not trying to doubt his skills in any way, but it would be unlikely that he would be hired since Nintendo is so vast and there is so many other people applying. Even if he does get hired, he will start a the bottom of the heap- he won't start his job off by adding a new character to Smash Bros Wii U. He will probably be one person in a large group of 30 people all doing the same task (for example, making all the text in the game.) You'd have to be a very good artist/programmer (whichever you are striving for) to be moved up to be the head of something. Also, your ideas, will have to pass through many people- including Sakurai himself. During the creation of Super Smash Bros Brawl, there was probably 80 characters that got presented to Sakurai, and he had to choose only 30 or so- so it is unlikely all the characters you suggest will get in.
Another thing- Adrian, you suggested 'Mr. Sausage Man' a while back. He is not a Nintendo character. Correct me if I am wrong, but you made him up yourself. That makes the odds of him getting in Super Smash Bros- a large Nintendo franchise- of NINTENDO characters- extremely unlikely.
Lastly, by the time you have learned fluent Japanese, gone through university, joined Nintendo, and made your way to rank that makes you significant enough to have a say in what Characters get in, Super Smash Bros Wii U/3DS will be released already.

Welcome to the real world.
Sorry man, but the odds are against you. I'm not saying you have no future or anything like that- I used to have a fantasy of joining Nintendo when I got older. But I've realized it is very unlikely. I'm now striving to join an Independent Gaming Company during my University years, or making one myself with my good programmer friends. I've got my highschool courses planned out that will give me the skills to be an artist, and maybe a programmer, for my own or someone else's indie game company.
See? You can still make games. I just wouldn't count on striving to be in those big name companies, because sadly, it is very very unlikely you will get in.

I'm not trying to offend you, insult your ideas, or ruin your dreams, I just want you to see the reality of the situation. No offense intended. No hard feelings (hopefully).

Plus, it would have been a list of copyrighted characters from famous games.
He would then have no rights to the ideas.

I'm glad to think that the community will always be kind and helpful, the language will always be a fun and easy way to be introduced into programming, the motto will always be: Imagine, Program, Share - Nomolos

#160 2012-04-19 21:10:27

SiLeNtScRaTcH
Scratcher

Instead of having for Pokemon Trainers, they could have all of those as seperate costumes.

Check out my Pokemon Emerald Version Playthrough!
https://www.scratch.mit.edu/ext/youtube/?v=YdvJc8ggiqg

#161 2012-04-20 08:06:13

turkey3
Scratcher

Koopa should be in it

#162 2012-04-20 15:06:47

pi3
Scratcher

turkey3 wrote:

Koopa should be in it

YES!!!

#163 2012-04-20 15:55:57

SiLeNtScRaTcH
Scratcher

pi3 wrote:

turkey3 wrote:

Koopa should be in it

YES!!!

Ya! He could be similar to Squirtle!

Check out my Pokemon Emerald Version Playthrough!
https://www.scratch.mit.edu/ext/youtube/?v=YdvJc8ggiqg

#164 2012-04-21 17:52:12

wiimaster
Scratcher

I've theorized about this game:

They are going to focus on these games:
Super Mario Galaxy 1&2
Super Mario 3D Land
Mario Kart 7
Skyward Sword
Kirby's Return to Dreamland
Kirby's Epic Yarn
Kirby Mass Attack
Pokemon Black and White
Kid Icarus Uprising

And when these come out:
Luigi's Mansion 2
Pikmin 3
Animal Crossing 3DS
That new Star Fox thingy

So, I have a pretty good feeling we will be seeing these guys:
Ghirahim
Waddle Dee (Maybe)
Zoroark (I will be EXTREMELY surprised if Zoroark is not in the game replacing Lucario.)
Palutena (Seems likely)
Possibly Rosalina, but I think that might be lame.
Yarn Kirby is a possibility, but its unlikely unless it is a super-secret character.

Stages:
Something from Super Mario Galaxy (A planet, the comet observatory, or the mario planet)
A level or airship from Mario 3D Land
Skyloft (Obviously!)
The Lor Starcutter (Maybe?)

Now I heard that Nintendo is almost definately going to include Capcom stuff.
Pretty much, if you hear this 'Capcom is going to work with Nintendo on the next Smashbros game' it means this 'Megaman is in the next smash bros game!'
Other Characters:
Ryu
Phoenix Wright
Darkstalkers person?

Next- people who might NOT be in the next one:
Lucario- obviously.
Toon link- maybe? Unless they change him up a little more.
Sonic
Snake
(Sonic and Snake because Nintendo might not get the rights again.)

Another thing- hopefully they will balance the characters a little more. Sakurai did talk about doing that. We are looking at you, Meta Knight...

Lastly, an item I am certain we will see-
Raccoon Leaf!
Nintendo has been pretty much obsessing over that leaf. Super Mario 3D Land focuses on that item, and they even stuck it in Mario Kart 7...

http://i584.photobucket.com/albums/ss286/wiimaster1/Wiimaster_zps107dca4c.gif

#165 2012-04-21 20:01:39

Sausagefanclub
Scratcher

Nice theory there, wiimaster.  wink
Raccoon Leaf would be cool. I would like to see the animal characters with tails on their tails  tongue

#166 2012-04-25 14:32:19

Adrian136
New Scratcher

wiimaster wrote:

Sausagefanclub wrote:

wiimaster wrote:

I concur.

Hey, don't burst his bubble. He's probably just talking about what he wants to do when he grows up. He worked very hard typing up all his ideas. I'm pretty sure Adrian is smart enough to know what he's capable of. Cut him some slack.  hmm

@JJROCKER: The game will come out on Wii U and 3DS. The Wii U game will probably have more content, but the 3DS game will be in 3D.

I'm not saying he has absolutely no chance, its just that Nintendo wouldn't take an idea from a kid because they would be afraid that they may later be asked for money. And if he is talking about when he grows up- he lives in the US. Nintendo is Japanese. He would have to move at a young age to be able to get the correct training and university courses in Japan to become a computer programmer. But, considering he would have to learn Japanese first, which is a difficult language, he would have to go to a language school before he moves. It would probably take him 6 or so years to learn Japanese. Lets say he is 12 or 13 now. He will have to start learning Japanese now if he wants to be fluent enough to be able to use it in a business environment. When he is 18 (give or take a few years) he must move to Japan and go to university for 8 or so years (he will need multiple degrees, they depend on if he wants to program, concept or do art however). Now he is probably in his late twenties or thirties. He'd have to apply to join Nintendo, which is probably a company that is tough when it comes to hiring. I'm not trying to doubt his skills in any way, but it would be unlikely that he would be hired since Nintendo is so vast and there is so many other people applying. Even if he does get hired, he will start a the bottom of the heap- he won't start his job off by adding a new character to Smash Bros Wii U. He will probably be one person in a large group of 30 people all doing the same task (for example, making all the text in the game.) You'd have to be a very good artist/programmer (whichever you are striving for) to be moved up to be the head of something. Also, your ideas, will have to pass through many people- including Sakurai himself. During the creation of Super Smash Bros Brawl, there was probably 80 characters that got presented to Sakurai, and he had to choose only 30 or so- so it is unlikely all the characters you suggest will get in.
Another thing- Adrian, you suggested 'Mr. Sausage Man' a while back. He is not a Nintendo character. Correct me if I am wrong, but you made him up yourself. That makes the odds of him getting in Super Smash Bros- a large Nintendo franchise- of NINTENDO characters- extremely unlikely.
Lastly, by the time you have learned fluent Japanese, gone through university, joined Nintendo, and made your way to rank that makes you significant enough to have a say in what Characters get in, Super Smash Bros Wii U/3DS will be released already.

Sorry man, but the odds are against you. I'm not saying you have no future or anything like that- I used to have a fantasy of joining Nintendo when I got older. But I've realized it is very unlikely. I'm now striving to join an Independent Gaming Company during my University years, or making one myself with my good programmer friends. I've got my highschool courses planned out that will give me the skills to be an artist, and maybe a programmer, for my own or someone else's indie game company.
See? You can still make games. I just wouldn't count on striving to be in those big name companies, because sadly, it is very very unlikely you will get in.

I'm not trying to offend you, insult your ideas, or ruin your dreams, I just want you to see the reality of the situation. No offense intended. No hard feelings (hopefully).

...  sad

i'm 15 years old, i'm planning to learn Japanese, and i did not suggest Mr. Sausage Man, SausageFanclub suggested it himself. Anyway, i'm not taking any offense, you're not the first person to do this to me. But isn't there always a chance of the "impossible" happening? With some faith and confidence, maybe we can all get just even the slightest bits of our ideas into a new Super Smash Bros game. Oh, and i kinda thought there was an Americanized version of Nintendo here in America. Sorry if you think of me as "slow" because of that. I'm just one kid trying to make one good success after being such a failure, and Nintendo may be the road to that success. but when the time comes, if I can't make the game, then oh well. At least i tried my best to reach for the stars, no matter how far away they seem. And if not, i have other plans. I'm a pretty good poet, and i also plan to be an author. Anyways, my ideas are good, but i'm still hesitant to reveal all of them. I respect your realism, but there's a time when just a little support can make amazing things happen. Who knows what can happen in the future? The answer is just about anything we want. We just need to keep pushing on!

My Roster:

EVERY character from the past 3 SSB games, except Jigglypuff, maybe a few characters will be modified.

Team Sonic ('m modifying Sonic)
Team Chaos (bringng Team Sonic's Rivals)
Pichu Bros (Pichu modification)
Mew
Crystal
Tabuu
Black Shadow (from F-Zero)
Dixie Kong
Daisy (in Super Mario Strikers form)
Waluigi
Panther Caraso (Star Fox)
the newest ultimate bad-boss i created for my new Subspace Emmissary
Animal Crossing Boy (or girl, still not exactly sure how it'll work)
maybe the Super Monkey Ball team
Master Hand or Crazy Hand
maybe Dr. Eggman, with alternate Dr. Robotnik (japanese version) form.
Raiden (from Metal Gear)
possibly characters from Kingdom Hearts

and MAYBE a create-your-own-character mode, which will have to be performed online.

other characters that other members of this thread want to put in can join, but only if it's actually possible (that means no Goku or any other DB, DBZ, or DBGT characters!)

#167 2012-04-25 15:07:05

pi3
Scratcher

Adrian136 wrote:

wiimaster wrote:

Sausagefanclub wrote:

...  sad

i'm 15 years old, i'm planning to learn Japanese, and i did not suggest Mr. Sausage Man, SausageFanclub suggested it himself. Anyway, i'm not taking any offense, you're not the first person to do this to me. But isn't there always a chance of the "impossible" happening? With some faith and confidence, maybe we can all get just even the slightest bits of our ideas into a new Super Smash Bros game. Oh, and i kinda thought there was an Americanized version of Nintendo here in America. Sorry if you think of me as "slow" because of that. I'm just one kid trying to make one good success after being such a failure, and Nintendo may be the road to that success. but when the time comes, if I can't make the game, then oh well. At least i tried my best to reach for the stars, no matter how far away they seem. And if not, i have other plans. I'm a pretty good poet, and i also plan to be an author. Anyways, my ideas are good, but i'm still hesitant to reveal all of them. I respect your realism, but there's a time when just a little support can make amazing things happen. Who knows what can happen in the future? The answer is just about anything we want. We just need to keep pushing on!

My Roster:

EVERY character from the past 3 SSB games, except Jigglypuff, maybe a few characters will be modified.

Mew
Crystal
Tabuu
Dixie Kong
Waluigi
Raiden (from Metal Gear)

and MAYBE a create-your-own-character mode, which will have to be performed online.

other characters that other members of this thread want to put in can join, but only if it's actually possible (that means no Goku or any other DB, DBZ, or DBGT characters!)

No Jiggs= ;_;

#168 2012-05-22 11:41:54

OrangePuffle
Scratcher

Bump

#169 2012-05-22 12:52:05

Cozyhut3
Scratcher

Adrian136 wrote:

wiimaster wrote:

Sausagefanclub wrote:

...  sad

My Roster:

Mew
Crystal
Tabuu
Dixie Kong
Waluigi
Raiden (from Metal Gear)

Perhaps the Animal Crossing citizen could plant pitfalls as an attack.  tongue

#170 2012-05-22 15:25:18

wiimaster
Scratcher

Adrian136 wrote:

wiimaster wrote:

Sausagefanclub wrote:

...  sad

My Roster:

Mew
Crystal
Tabuu
Dixie Kong
Waluigi
Raiden (from Metal Gear)

Hey, Animal Crossing person is actually a cool idea!

I was just thinking of a moveset, and I have some pretty cool ideas.

Their basic move would probably just be a punch or a kick, like most characters.
But for some more unique move ideas:
-B, B Left, B Right: Axe! They'd swing it around to hack up their foes.
-Down B: Shovel. They'd give their foe a good ol' smack over the head.
-Standard down move: Pitfall! They'd drop a pitfall. The bad thing is, you can only have one on the screen at a time, and they disappear after 30 seconds. Just so they aren't over-powered.
-Grapple move: FISHING ROD! They could use their fishing rod as a grapple to latch onto edges or to grab foes!
-Projectile move: Slingshot!

It would be especially cool if instead of picking colors, you picked Male or Female, and then when you start a battle, your face, hair and outfit would be randomized- like in the Animal Crossing series. So each battle you would look a bit different.

Last edited by wiimaster (2012-05-26 15:37:49)

http://i584.photobucket.com/albums/ss286/wiimaster1/Wiimaster_zps107dca4c.gif

#171 2012-05-26 14:35:04

cheatahstar
Scratcher

Oh Okami Amaterasu DEFINATELY. THEY HAVE TO!!!!

"Wisdom is a circle. What you receive you must give back."
"Duct tape makes you smart." Micheal Westen - Burn Notice

#172 2012-05-26 14:41:49

cheatahstar
Scratcher

wiimaster wrote:

I've theorized about this game:

They are going to focus on these games:
Super Mario Galaxy 1&2
Super Mario 3D Land
Mario Kart 7
Skyward Sword
Kirby's Return to Dreamland
Kirby's Epic Yarn
Kirby Mass Attack
Pokemon Black and White
Kid Icarus Uprising

And when these come out:
Luigi's Mansion 2
Pikmin 3
Animal Crossing 3DS
That new Star Fox thingy

So, I have a pretty good feeling we will be seeing these guys:
Ghirahim
Waddle Dee (Maybe)
Zoroark (I will be EXTREMELY surprised if Zoroark is not in the game replacing Lucario.)
Palutena (Seems likely)
Possibly Rosalina, but I think that might be lame.
Yarn Kirby is a possibility, but its unlikely unless it is a super-secret character.

Stages:
Something from Super Mario Galaxy (A planet, the comet observatory, or the mario planet)
A level or airship from Mario 3D Land
Skyloft (Obviously!)
The Lor Starcutter (Maybe?)

Now I heard that Nintendo is almost definately going to include Capcom stuff.
Pretty much, if you hear this 'Capcom is going to work with Nintendo on the next Smashbros game' it means this 'Megaman is in the next smash bros game!'
Other Characters:
Ryu
Phoenix Wright
Darkstalkers person?

Next- people who might NOT be in the next one:
Lucario- obviously.
Toon link- maybe? Unless they change him up a little more.
Sonic
Snake
(Sonic and Snake because Nintendo might not get the rights again.)

Another thing- hopefully they will balance the characters a little more. Sakurai did talk about doing that. We are looking at you, Meta Knight...

Lastly, an item I am certain we will see-
Raccoon Leaf!
Nintendo has been pretty much obsessing over that leaf. Super Mario 3D Land focuses on that item, and they even stuck it in Mario Kart 7...

Alright that CAPCOM stuff is DEFINATELY going to have Amaterasu in it.

"Wisdom is a circle. What you receive you must give back."
"Duct tape makes you smart." Micheal Westen - Burn Notice

#173 2012-05-26 16:36:01

Cozyhut3
Scratcher

wiimaster wrote:

Adrian136 wrote:

wiimaster wrote:

...  sad

My Roster:

Mew
Crystal
Tabuu
Dixie Kong
Waluigi
Raiden (from Metal Gear)

Hey, Animal Crossing person is actually a cool idea!

I was just thinking of a moveset, and I have some pretty cool ideas.

Their basic move would probably just be a punch or a kick, like most characters.
But for some more unique move ideas:
-B, B Left, B Right: Axe! They'd swing it around to hack up their foes.
-Down B: Shovel. They'd give their foe a good ol' smack over the head.
-Standard down move: Pitfall! They'd drop a pitfall. The bad thing is, you can only have one on the screen at a time, and they disappear after 30 seconds. Just so they aren't over-powered.
-Grapple move: FISHING ROD! They could use their fishing rod as a grapple to latch onto edges or to grab foes!
-Projectile move: Slingshot!

It would be especially cool if instead of picking colors, you picked Male or Female, and then when you start a battle, your face, hair and outfit would be randomized- like in the Animal Crossing series. So each battle you would look a bit different.

And for team battles your t-shirt/dress could be red/blue/green!

#174 2012-06-02 12:44:47

OrangePuffle
Scratcher

I has idea, REMOVE THAT (censored) KIRBY

#175 2012-06-02 12:52:27

Sausagefanclub
Scratcher

OrangePuffle wrote:

I has idea, REMOVE THAT (censored) KIRBY

Kirby is one of Nintendo's staple characters; they're never going to drop him. And if they do, they're going to get a lot of hate mail from Kirby fans.

Board footer