This is a read-only archive of the old Scratch 1.x Forums.
Try searching the current Scratch discussion forums.

#1551 2013-04-22 15:48:24

NoxSpooth
Scratcher

Re: Mass Pokemon Thread

Who's the most underrated Pokemon in your opinion?

http://i1244.photobucket.com/albums/gg572/BLU_Spy/Best-Cry-Ever_zps3b2b857a.gif Goodbye, 1.4... We'll miss you...

#1552 2013-04-22 15:51:57

jcj003
New Scratcher

I'd like some helping improving my game. I want to make it more exciting. Idk if going through the same maze gets boring or repetitive.
Please help. Whether it's sounds, looks, or costumes.

http://scratch.mit.edu/projects/jcj003/3281734

#1553 2013-04-22 15:54:14

SiLeNtScRaTcH
Scratcher

HotCocoa28 wrote:

Red and blue are beyond flawed, look at all the balancing issues and glitches. Missingno. may be funny, but  a glitch is a sign of poor design.

There's nothing wrong with liking these games, but I thought I'd just mention that.

Back when red and blue were being made, I'm pretty sure that GAME FREAK didn't have what one might call "the best tools" at their disposal. Now I'm not one of those gen 1 fanboys who says that "gen 1 is da best all other pokemon suck", (frankly that's just plain ridiculous), but with these games having been made in the late 90s and being the first ones, I don't think it's fair when people say they're poorly made.

This, of course, is just my opinion.

Check out my Pokemon Emerald Version Playthrough!
https://www.scratch.mit.edu/ext/youtube/?v=YdvJc8ggiqg

#1554 2013-04-22 15:54:33

supermon
Scratcher

NoxSpooth wrote:

dunno. probly magikarp. i have a level 100 one and it can kill a caterpie in one hit. nothing else tho.

Wow. I can't believe I actually just Said that. Lol.

#1555 2013-04-22 15:54:53

NoxSpooth
Scratcher

jcj003 wrote:

I'd like some helping improving my game. I want to make it more exciting. Idk if going through the same maze gets boring or repetitive.

Please don't spam. This is a Pokemon thread.

http://i1244.photobucket.com/albums/gg572/BLU_Spy/Best-Cry-Ever_zps3b2b857a.gif Goodbye, 1.4... We'll miss you...

#1556 2013-04-22 15:56:03

Paddle2See
Scratch Team

jcj003 wrote:

Hey jcj003 - it's not cool to post off-topic stuff on somebody else's forum topic.  The best place to advertise your project is in it's own topic in the Show and Tell forums.  Good luck  smile

http://i39.tinypic.com/2nav6o7.gif

#1557 2013-04-22 15:57:17

SiLeNtScRaTcH
Scratcher

NoxSpooth wrote:

Dunsparce; the para-flinch set just plain kills, but nobody uses it.

#1558 2013-04-22 15:57:43

supermon
Scratcher

ImagineIt wrote:

haxcharsol wrote:

supermon wrote:

Ok, so i am going to ramble about my ideas about Pokemon games. So here i go.(btw, feel free to tell me if you agree or disagree. i like an arguement. and remember, this is only MY opinion)

Lets start with pokemon red and blue. these games were pretty standard now, but back then they were the best games ever. most middle schoolers  couldn't stop playing. but i was not alive back then. but a few years ago, i did pick up pokemon red and yellow, so i decided to check it out. but anyways, enough with the sappy pokemon generation 1 love story. pokemon blue and red were fun and addicting, and introduced us to the pokemon formula, which i'm sure you all know. i give em a 8/10. very fun and addicting, but not top notch. i beleive a pokemon game needs exploration, decent story, strategy, and new ideas. this game delivered all three of these, but the strategy and story weren't up to the notch other games would have.

Yellow was the same, but with a bit less exploration but plenty of great new ideas. i give it a 9/10. the pikachu following you was the best idea ever.

Gold and Silver were great in everything except a bit less exploration in the first half.
i give em a 9.5/10.

Crystal was EXCELLENT. there was the wandering legendarys, plenty of other new ideas, much more exploration, imagination, and amazingness! ok sorry. but that game was great. i give it a 10/10.

Now this is where pokemon ended for most people. but personally, this is where i started. ruby and saphire and emerald had plenty of new ideas, strategy, and exploration.
this is where the story got better to. personally, my favorite generation, but that might be my nostalgia. there was more exploration than ever(if you dont believe me, go play em and use dive and secret power A LOT) so ya. i also give this generation a 9/10.

diamond and pearl had less exploration than ever, next to no new ideas, and the story was practically the only good thing. i give em a 6/10.

black and white were a bit better. they had a few new ideas, but were much more linear than ever(which means little exploration.) the story was not for a pokemon game. in most other pokemon games, youre just a kid who happens to be caught up in all this, which in this game youre "prophesied" to save the world. i give it a 7/10.

black and white 2 looked good, but the gameplay was very stale. almost exact thing as black and white, but worse. i give them 6.5/10.

So if you agree with my points, tell me, and if you dont, argue with me. i just want responses.

FINALLY.
Someone who likes Black and White better than B2&W2.

Who likes B&W2 more? They have no story at ALL! But I guess I did forget about the prophecy thing. If they took out that part, then the story would be amazing.

ok, i forgot to mention something in my reveiw earlier. pokemon x and y look miles better than B/W,D/P, or B2/W2 combined! i like them that much.

#1559 2013-04-22 15:59:44

supermon
Scratcher

SiLeNtScRaTcH wrote:

HotCocoa28 wrote:

Red and blue are beyond flawed, look at all the balancing issues and glitches. Missingno. may be funny, but  a glitch is a sign of poor design.

There's nothing wrong with liking these games, but I thought I'd just mention that.

Back when red and blue were being made, I'm pretty sure that GAME FREAK didn't have what one might call "the best tools" at their disposal. Now I'm not one of those gen 1 fanboys who says that "gen 1 is da best all other pokemon suck", (frankly that's just plain ridiculous), but with these games having been made in the late 90s and being the first ones, I don't think it's fair when people say they're poorly made.

i agree. of course, you can see what i think of all those other generations above.

#1560 2013-04-22 16:07:49

SiLeNtScRaTcH
Scratcher

Gen 3 (R, S, E) is my favorite, not only because of nostalgia but also because it has the best storyline IMO and the great aftergame in Emerald with the introduction of the battle frontier and all that jazz.

#1561 2013-04-22 16:15:58

HotCocoa28
Scratcher

supermon wrote:

SiLeNtScRaTcH wrote:

HotCocoa28 wrote:

i agree. of course, you can see what i think of all those other generations above.

I suppose so, but problems are still problems.

Sonic '06 was rushed and some say this justifies that glitches and such. No, Sonic '06 still is bad on a technical level.

"I just had a staring contest with a wall!"

#1562 2013-04-22 16:17:41

HotCocoa28
Scratcher

ImagineIt wrote:

haxcharsol wrote:

supermon wrote:

Ok, so i am going to ramble about my ideas about Pokemon games. So here i go.(btw, feel free to tell me if you agree or disagree. i like an arguement. and remember, this is only MY opinion)

Lets start with pokemon red and blue. these games were pretty standard now, but back then they were the best games ever. most middle schoolers  couldn't stop playing. but i was not alive back then. but a few years ago, i did pick up pokemon red and yellow, so i decided to check it out. but anyways, enough with the sappy pokemon generation 1 love story. pokemon blue and red were fun and addicting, and introduced us to the pokemon formula, which i'm sure you all know. i give em a 8/10. very fun and addicting, but not top notch. i beleive a pokemon game needs exploration, decent story, strategy, and new ideas. this game delivered all three of these, but the strategy and story weren't up to the notch other games would have.

Yellow was the same, but with a bit less exploration but plenty of great new ideas. i give it a 9/10. the pikachu following you was the best idea ever.

Gold and Silver were great in everything except a bit less exploration in the first half.
i give em a 9.5/10.

Crystal was EXCELLENT. there was the wandering legendarys, plenty of other new ideas, much more exploration, imagination, and amazingness! ok sorry. but that game was great. i give it a 10/10.

Now this is where pokemon ended for most people. but personally, this is where i started. ruby and saphire and emerald had plenty of new ideas, strategy, and exploration.
this is where the story got better to. personally, my favorite generation, but that might be my nostalgia. there was more exploration than ever(if you dont believe me, go play em and use dive and secret power A LOT) so ya. i also give this generation a 9/10.

diamond and pearl had less exploration than ever, next to no new ideas, and the story was practically the only good thing. i give em a 6/10.

black and white were a bit better. they had a few new ideas, but were much more linear than ever(which means little exploration.) the story was not for a pokemon game. in most other pokemon games, youre just a kid who happens to be caught up in all this, which in this game youre "prophesied" to save the world. i give it a 7/10.

black and white 2 looked good, but the gameplay was very stale. almost exact thing as black and white, but worse. i give them 6.5/10.

So if you agree with my points, tell me, and if you dont, argue with me. i just want responses.

FINALLY.
Someone who likes Black and White better than B2&W2.

Who likes B&W2 more? They have no story at ALL! But I guess I did forget about the prophecy thing. If they took out that part, then the story would be amazing.

I personally just like them more because I found the replayablity amazing.

#1563 2013-04-22 16:18:50

HotCocoa28
Scratcher

SiLeNtScRaTcH wrote:

HotCocoa28 wrote:

Thanks for at least not being a genwunner, those are terrible.

#1564 2013-04-22 17:13:11

haxcharsol
Scratcher

HotCocoa28 wrote:

supermon wrote:

SiLeNtScRaTcH wrote:

I suppose so, but problems are still problems.

Sonic '06 was rushed and some say this justifies that glitches and such. No, Sonic '06 still is bad on a technical level.

AND THEY GAVE SONIC A HUMAN GIRLFRIEND.

Goodbye 1.4.
http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_mbfh6bIamQ1qky11ho1_500.png

#1565 2013-04-22 17:35:52

NoxSpooth
Scratcher

haxcharsol wrote:

What?

WHAT?

WHAT?!?!?

#1566 2013-04-22 18:02:05

SiLeNtScRaTcH
Scratcher

HotCocoa28 wrote:

SiLeNtScRaTcH wrote:

HotCocoa28 wrote:

Thanks for at least not being a genwunner, those are terrible.

No problem, and I agree they really bug me.

#1567 2013-04-22 20:14:37

sparky2008123
Scratcher

Slater66 wrote:

but the new mewtwo form looks strange have you seen it

we're talking about it...

Where can I find the best book ever?
http://media.tumblr.com/tumblr_mavjipQrj91rrpsd7.gif

#1568 2013-04-22 20:23:46

sparky2008123
Scratcher

SiLeNtScRaTcH wrote:

the para-flinch set just plain kills.

WHAT?!?!?!?!?
I didn't know Dunsparce was that strong (or whatever that para-flinch thingy is...)! It always seemed like the lame, dumb, stupid, no-one-cares-about-you kinda pokemon that i slightly felt sorry for but mostly ignored... Poor poor Dunsparce...

#1569 2013-04-22 21:39:39

haxcharsol
Scratcher

NoxSpooth wrote:

haxcharsol wrote:

What?

WHAT?

WHAT?!?!?

Derp.

Goodbye 1.4.
http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_mbfh6bIamQ1qky11ho1_500.png

#1570 2013-04-23 06:08:31

supermon
Scratcher

haxcharsol wrote:

NoxSpooth wrote:

haxcharsol wrote:

What?

WHAT?

WHAT?!?!?

Derp.

ok, i hate that game too, but can we please stop talking about it on the pokemon thread? go talk about it on the sonic 06 thread.

#1571 2013-04-23 06:10:37

supermon
Scratcher

SiLeNtScRaTcH wrote:

Gen 3 (R, S, E) is my favorite, not only because of nostalgia but also because it has the best storyline IMO and the great aftergame in Emerald with the introduction of the battle frontier and all that jazz.

i salute you, SiLeNtScRaTcH!

#1572 2013-04-23 10:46:34

OrcaCat
Scratcher

supermon wrote:

SiLeNtScRaTcH wrote:

i salute you, SiLeNtScRaTcH!

I like Sapphire more because of the contests.

Awesome music     Electrode's theme     Epic music
Bye, 1.x.  sad                             Hello, 2.x!  smile

#1573 2013-04-23 14:31:55

sparky2008123
Scratcher

Yeah, Gen 3 is probably my favorite, I like the pokemon designs and the Hoenn starters are my favorite! (Except for Marshtomp, creepy voodoo doll frog thing, wait, What IS Mudkip based on?)

#1574 2013-04-23 15:44:56

qwerts9000
Scratcher

haxcharsol wrote:

This doesnt have anything to with pokemon. Try to stay on-topic.

#1575 2013-04-23 15:49:15

NoxSpooth
Scratcher

qwerts9000 wrote:

haxcharsol wrote:

This doesnt have anything to with pokemon. Try to stay on-topic.

Actually... We were talking about Pokemon. Someone must have mentioned Sonic, so he talked about it. Don't blame him.

Board footer