This is a read-only archive of the old Scratch 1.x Forums.
Try searching the current Scratch discussion forums.

#26 2012-02-03 13:10:18

RedRocker227
Scratcher

Re: Hardcore/post-hardcore

veggieman001 wrote:

sanddude wrote:

brettman98 wrote:

so if sanddude on the internet says something it's automatically true!

No, it's not. They should not believe me because I said so. They should believe me because they know how post-hardcore originated, what it means, and how Black Veil Brides sounds nothing bands like At the Drive-In, Texas is the Reason, Glassjaw, etc.

It doesn't matter how you think they sound like. People can make their own decisions of genres and you have no right to exclude someone based on how they classify music. While they may not exactly have the same origins, they may very well mix a variety of influences into their music, including some post-hardcore. I don't know, because I haven't heard them and am not experienced with post-hardcore, but you can't just exclude people like that. You've actually had this argument with RedRocker before several times in Misc. One might think you're actually trying to argue about it, to prove that you're right and he/she (dorn it why can I never remember RR's gender) is wrong.

Boy xD

But yeah, this is gonna lead to flaming, if it hasn't already. I think BVB are post-hardcore, sanddude doesn't. But like you said, different people have different opinions over music genres, and none of them are wrong. So let's just stop this arguing now.

Why

#27 2012-02-03 17:57:04

veggieman001
Scratcher

RedRocker227 wrote:

veggieman001 wrote:

sanddude wrote:

No, it's not. They should not believe me because I said so. They should believe me because they know how post-hardcore originated, what it means, and how Black Veil Brides sounds nothing bands like At the Drive-In, Texas is the Reason, Glassjaw, etc.

It doesn't matter how you think they sound like. People can make their own decisions of genres and you have no right to exclude someone based on how they classify music. While they may not exactly have the same origins, they may very well mix a variety of influences into their music, including some post-hardcore. I don't know, because I haven't heard them and am not experienced with post-hardcore, but you can't just exclude people like that. You've actually had this argument with RedRocker before several times in Misc. One might think you're actually trying to argue about it, to prove that you're right and he/she (dorn it why can I never remember RR's gender) is wrong.

Boy xD

lolok

#28 2012-02-03 18:36:52

sanddude
Scratcher

sanddude wrote:

Fair enough. You have a good point.

However, I created this topic to discuss bands more along the lines of the ones I mentioned, instead of bands of the BVB type. So let's agree to disagree, and discuss...

The Dillinger Escape Plan!

Due to the creation of a new page, this post was ignored. I'd like to bump it.

http://www.bronyland.com/images/quiz/banner_rainbowdash.jpg

Board footer