This is a read-only archive of the old Scratch 1.x Forums.
Try searching the current Scratch discussion forums.

#3426 2013-04-29 15:13:17

genderdysmorphia
Scratcher

Re: What Music Are You Listening To?

the papas // spoonboy

goodby scrat on pont fore

#3427 2013-04-29 15:15:29

luiysia
Scratcher

gosh if all4one wants to make a list of famous british people's songs he can go ahead why does he need to justify his actions to you

you should go back to the 15th century with like greensleeves and gregorian chanting just to be thorough

ProgrammingFreak wrote:

luiysia wrote:

lots of my sister's old 2ne1 songs

by old I mean from like 2010

Ancient.

yeah I found them on her old cell phone

http://i50.tinypic.com/dx00pd.gif

#3428 2013-04-29 15:16:39

genderdysmorphia
Scratcher

doctor green shield // im not letting it slip, abelline

#3429 2013-04-29 15:16:39

Sellout
Scratcher

luiysia wrote:

gosh if all4one wants to make a list of famous british people's songs he can go ahead why does he need to justify his actions to you

Because it shouldn't matter that they're British when you have to check their Wikipedia article to even know that they are. "British music" is hardly even a thing now with all music being so easily accessed and expanded upon, there's just "music from Britain, that was inspired by music from other places that was inspired by music from other places and will be expanded on indefinitely by people of other places, and it doesn't even matter where it was from"

Last edited by Sellout (2013-04-29 15:19:34)

I would rather be alone than pretend I feel alright

#3430 2013-04-29 15:18:02

luiysia
Scratcher

Sellout wrote:

luiysia wrote:

Because it shouldn't matter that they're British when you have to check their Wikipedia article to even know that they are

he is literally making a LIST OF SONGS why do you even care

#3431 2013-04-29 15:18:45

genderdysmorphia
Scratcher

Sellout wrote:

luiysia wrote:

Because it shouldn't matter that they're British when you have to check their Wikipedia article to even know that they are

you didnt know the beatles were british???? wow abelline
your general knowledge sucks

#3432 2013-04-29 15:21:38

Sellout
Scratcher

genderdysmorphia wrote:

Sellout wrote:

luiysia wrote:

you didnt know the beatles were british???? wow abelline
your general knowledge sucks

I knew the Beatles were British!!!!!!!!!! I knew that before you were born Evelyn!!

#3433 2013-04-29 15:22:44

Sellout
Scratcher

luiysia wrote:

Sellout wrote:

luiysia wrote:

Because it isn't something that makes sense to do

#3434 2013-04-29 15:24:21

NoxSpooth
Scratcher

Sellout wrote:

luiysia wrote:

Sellout wrote:

That's just your opinion.

Last edited by NoxSpooth (2013-04-29 15:24:40)

http://i1244.photobucket.com/albums/gg572/BLU_Spy/Best-Cry-Ever_zps3b2b857a.gif Goodbye, 1.4... We'll miss you...

#3435 2013-04-29 15:25:19

Sellout
Scratcher

NoxSpooth wrote:

Sellout wrote:

luiysia wrote:

Well then can someone with an opposing opinion back up why exactly it should matter where artists are from?

#3436 2013-04-29 15:27:01

NoxSpooth
Scratcher

Sellout wrote:

NoxSpooth wrote:

Sellout wrote:

Well then can someone with an opposing opinion back up why exactly it should matter where artists are from?

Why exactly is that a problem anyway?

http://i1244.photobucket.com/albums/gg572/BLU_Spy/Best-Cry-Ever_zps3b2b857a.gif Goodbye, 1.4... We'll miss you...

#3437 2013-04-29 15:27:40

luiysia
Scratcher

oh my goodness just let him do what he wants to do he's not questioning why you play toontown so just stop please I beg of you

not everyone has to justify all their actions to you!! especially when that action is literally just making a list of famous songs by people born in the united kingdom

#3438 2013-04-29 15:31:02

NoxSpooth
Scratcher

A.D.D. (American Dream Denial) // System Of A Down

#3439 2013-04-29 15:32:00

Sellout
Scratcher

NoxSpooth wrote:

Sellout wrote:

NoxSpooth wrote:

I don't understand what the playlist is meant to show. "British rock" hasn't really been a thing since like the 70s, it's just been "rock." Everyone from everywhere adopts styles and adapts them. The evolution shown in the playlist isn't showing how "British" music has changed, just how "rock" has changed all over the world in the last few decades and picking out only British artists doesn't particularly aid showing this change

#3440 2013-04-29 15:37:11

NoxSpooth
Scratcher

Sellout wrote:

NoxSpooth wrote:

Sellout wrote:

I don't understand what the playlist is meant to show. "British rock" hasn't really been a thing since like the 70s, it's just been "rock." Everyone from everywhere adopts styles and adapts them. The evolution shown in the playlist isn't showing how "British" music has changed, just how "rock" has changed all over the world in the last few decades and picking out only British artists doesn't particularly aid showing this change

It's like asking why people draw maps for particular areas instead of the whole world.

It doesn't need to have a purpose. It's just a list of songs. It doesn't matter if "British rock hasn't been a thing since the 70s", he just wants to make a simple list. Nothing else. You shouldn't ask for explanations about everything at life. There are things that don't need to be explained.

#3441 2013-04-29 15:39:48

NoxSpooth
Scratcher

Prison Song // System Of A Down

#3442 2013-04-29 15:46:33

dontbombiraq
Scratcher

NoxSpooth wrote:

Sellout wrote:

NoxSpooth wrote:

It's like asking why people draw maps for particular areas instead of the whole world.

It doesn't need to have a purpose. It's just a list of songs. It doesn't matter if "British rock hasn't been a thing since the 70s", he just wants to make a simple list. Nothing else. You shouldn't ask for explanations about everything at life. There are things that don't need to be explained.

at this point, it's about saving face

http://i39.tinypic.com/259j2mu.png

#3443 2013-04-29 15:47:53

luiysia
Scratcher

NoxSpooth wrote:

Sellout wrote:

NoxSpooth wrote:

thank you!!! why are you so fixated on this anyway

#3444 2013-04-29 15:58:09

NoxSpooth
Scratcher

[verb removed] the System // System Of A Down

#3445 2013-04-29 16:15:07

LeDerpy123
Scratcher

Everybody that was arguing wrote:

*argument*

Attention everybody! Calm down! This is not about which music is better than someone else's or what type of music something is, it's about what your favorite type of music is. For example, I found this on Youtube:

deadmau5 is the best dubstep artist ever!

And then someone, obviously a deadmau5 fanboy, harshly responded with:

DEADMAU5 IS NOT DUBSTEP. IT IS TRANCE HOUSE PROGRESSIVE ELECTRIC, YOU (predict what was next, if you choose)

And based off of his previous comments, it was meant to be harsh, not sarcastic. So stop batting each other about what type of music whatever is and try to return this forum post to what it was meant for.
big_smile  big_smile  big_smile  big_smile  big_smile  big_smile  big_smile  big_smile

Last edited by LeDerpy123 (2013-04-29 16:20:11)

http://www.winpenpack.com/en/e107_files/downloadthumbs/logo_mixxx.png

#3446 2013-04-29 16:15:49

genderdysmorphia
Scratcher

dontbombiraq wrote:

NoxSpooth wrote:

Sellout wrote:

uh no it isnt
ive actually talked to her about this and she does think this
please try to remember that you cant read minds

#3447 2013-04-29 16:22:12

luiysia
Scratcher

Sellout wrote:

NoxSpooth wrote:

Sellout wrote:

why does it have to "show" anything? why can't all4one just have a list of prominent songs by british people? is there anything so very wrong with that?

#3448 2013-04-29 16:25:51

Sellout
Scratcher

luiysia wrote:

Sellout wrote:

NoxSpooth wrote:

why does it have to "show" anything? why can't all4one just have a list of prominent songs by british people? is there anything so very wrong with that?

No

#3449 2013-04-29 16:32:20

NoxSpooth
Scratcher

Streamline // System Of A Down

Last edited by NoxSpooth (2013-04-29 16:32:31)

#3450 2013-04-29 16:47:58

dontbombiraq
Scratcher

genderdysmorphia wrote:

dontbombiraq wrote:

NoxSpooth wrote:

uh no it isnt
ive actually talked to her about this and she does think this
please try to remember that you cant read minds

I don't doubt she really does think this, but she can't say anything more to convince them

http://i39.tinypic.com/259j2mu.png

Board footer