This is a read-only archive of the old Scratch 1.x Forums.
Try searching the current Scratch discussion forums.

#51 2012-02-26 03:32:15

dreamod
New Scratcher

Re: Dream, a new scratch mod

ImagineIt wrote:

Can I test motor blocks please?

If you have two motors, then I'll be GLAD to let you test dream.

#52 2012-02-26 05:15:53

dreamod
New Scratcher

The beta version of Dream can be tested downloaded: http://www.mediafire.com/?fe8bojrcd8n87ry
I will have a website, in fact, I'm working on it in iWeb.

February 26th

#53 2012-02-26 10:34:00

dreamod
New Scratcher

*IMPORTANT*
credit goes to most of the comtributors to the block library and the creators from the listed scratch mods under 'compatibility' in the help menu, in addition to creators bingo and the creators of shriek. All other blocks are made by me.

#54 2012-02-26 12:40:18

dreamod
New Scratcher

I need some help with a few errors in my copy of the source code.

ERROR 1: *I tried recompiling ScratchSpriteMorph to add a few instance variables*
Message Not Understood: endPC (ps, I have a mac, probably irrelevant.)
UTF8(Object)>>error:
UTF8(Object)>>doesNotUnderstand:
Metaclass(Behavior)>>recompile:from:
[] in Metaclass(Behavior)>>compileAllFrom:
MethodDictionary>>keysDo:
Metaclass(Behavior)>>selectorsDo:
Metaclass(Behavior)>>compileAllFrom:
ClassBuilder>>reshapeClass:to:super:
[] in ClassBuilder>>recompile:from:to:mutate:
[] in ClassBuilder>>informUserDuring:

ERROR 2: *I tried to recompile ScriptableScratchMorph to add new instance variables*
Message Not Understood: contents:
UndefinedObject(Object)>>error:
[] in PasteUpMorph>>runStepMethods
[] in BlockContext>>ifError:
UndefinedObject(Object)>>error:
UndefinedObject(Object)>>doesNotUnderstand:
LibraryItemMorph>>updateNameAndInfo
LibraryItemMorph>>step
LibraryItemMorph(Morph)>>stepAt:
[] in PasteUpMorph>>runStepMethods
OrderedCollection>>do:

and:

Message Not Understood: endPC
UTF8(Object)>>error:
UTF8(Object)>>doesNotUnderstand:
Metaclass(Behavior)>>recompile:from:
[] in Metaclass(Behavior)>>compileAllFrom:
MethodDictionary>>keysDo:
Metaclass(Behavior)>>selectorsDo:
Metaclass(Behavior)>>compileAllFrom:
ClassBuilder>>reshapeClass:to:super:
ClassBuilder>>mutate:to:
[] in ClassBuilder>>recompile:from:to:mutate:

#55 2012-02-26 13:21:51

ImagineIt
Scratcher

Put the link to download in the OP. Wait, when you're a a Scratcher do that.

What operating system?

Last edited by ImagineIt (2012-02-26 13:54:15)

#56 2012-02-26 14:23:52

dreamod
New Scratcher

ImagineIt wrote:

What operating system?

I'm actually new to the forums so, what's the OP? Anyways the download link on mediafire is a package containing the dream.image file and a bunch of folders and resources. It should work on all computers with scratch. btw Did you test the motor blocks?

#57 2012-02-26 14:33:44

dreamod
New Scratcher

There are serious glitches in the panther code so I am going to rewrite dream entirely. This could take a little while but when I'm done I'm going to add a few new touches and release the completed version of Dream 1.0 .

#58 2012-02-27 20:19:14

ImagineIt
Scratcher

dreamod wrote:

ImagineIt wrote:

What operating system?

I'm actually new to the forums so, what's the OP? Anyways the download link on mediafire is a package containing the dream.image file and a bunch of folders and resources. It should work on all computers with scratch. btw Did you test the motor blocks?

OP = original post. My computer won't let dream work.

#59 2012-02-28 09:14:58

dreamod
New Scratcher

It's a zip file. I'm not 100% sure it works on a pc. (assuming you have a pc)
Anyways, I can post just the image.

#60 2012-03-03 15:00:38

funelephant
Scratcher

For the tabs, where in the browser?

nicki begs to differ
http://24.media.tumblr.com/ab0e6e8fd347c5e39c2821bcab9d16e6/tumblr_mgu35sui1L1rfb7aqo2_500.gif

#61 2012-03-03 15:31:06

dreamod
New Scratcher

funelephant wrote:

For the tabs, where in the browser?

Type this phrase in the browser: ScratchViewerMorph
and select 'browse it...'
and select rebuildCategorySelectors in instance.

#62 2012-03-05 14:50:14

dreamod
New Scratcher

I'm working on an 'import block' feature. This is, so far, going really good. I'm working on .block format. I'm just trying to adjust the blockspecs code to read from methods, as well.

#63 2012-03-21 11:43:59

dreamod
New Scratcher

Dream will be focused less on blocks but will have a few new blocks but mostly new functions. There is also a block creator(not CYOB) and export/importer.

#64 2012-04-06 15:49:16

stickdude123
Scratcher

dreamod wrote:

Hello everybody, I am dreamod and I'm making a mod called Dream. I started yesterday and it is going to have lots of brand new features. It is made from scratch, but I have taken a few elements from other scratch mods, crediting them respectively, and I would like to let you know a little about this mod.

A lot of mods are boring. I won't name any examples as to not offend any users.
I intend to make this the ultimate mod. Panther is a really good mod, and I also think the mod Slash has some really cool features. However, they are not compatible. My goal is to sort of merge a few features from different mods and add new features.

tell me, is it ok if you can use a bit of my coding from my mod " star truss"?

http://internetometer.com/imagesmall/34259.png http://www.mediafire.com/convkey/418e/lkb7wmv2n2k73rz5g.jpg         http://blocks.scratchr.org/API.php?user=stickdude123&action=onlineStatus&type=square

#65 2012-04-07 08:00:32

dreamod
New Scratcher

stickdude123 wrote:

dreamod wrote:

Hello everybody, I am dreamod and I'm making a mod called Dream. I started yesterday and it is going to have lots of brand new features. It is made from scratch, but I have taken a few elements from other scratch mods, crediting them respectively, and I would like to let you know a little about this mod.

A lot of mods are boring. I won't name any examples as to not offend any users.
I intend to make this the ultimate mod. Panther is a really good mod, and I also think the mod Slash has some really cool features. However, they are not compatible. My goal is to sort of merge a few features from different mods and add new features.

tell me, is it ok if you can use a bit of my coding from my mod " star truss"?

Star Truss? Ok, I want dream to be compatible with pretty much every mod.
I'm not actively working on dream now, I'm busy with my block importer/exporter/creator/downloader/etc , which will be in dream. Feel free to post your codes though.

#66 2012-04-07 10:59:13

lallaway12
Scratcher

Cool can you post your code on your website?

http://i49.tinypic.com/2re4ied.png

#67 2012-04-08 10:24:08

dreamod
New Scratcher

lallaway12 wrote:

Cool can you post your code on your website?

Me? Do you mean the block importer, You can check out my 'Block Files' post.
http://scratch.mit.edu/forums/viewtopic.php?id=91639

#68 2012-05-12 09:13:22

suneel
Scratcher

Pls add a compiler

Get Gangnam Style for free!
getgangnamforfree.weebly.co­­m

#69 2012-07-12 15:22:53

ZacIsCool
Scratcher

could you try to add a compiler like the soft dev one, where it acts like a real application?
Like you can save it as a completed project and then it saves as a different type and when you double click it's icon it opens the game, presses the green flag, and puts it in full screen? i know you have a reader that does that, but this is specific to one game and doesn't have a menu.
p.s. do you make it for mac?
p.p.s. when can i download the first version?
p.p.p.s. how do you add a new category?

thanks!

Last edited by ZacIsCool (2012-07-12 15:24:23)

#70 2012-07-12 21:30:34

dreamod
New Scratcher

ZacIsCool wrote:

could you try to add a compiler like the soft dev one, where it acts like a real application?
Like you can save it as a completed project and then it saves as a different type and when you double click it's icon it opens the game, presses the green flag, and puts it in full screen? i know you have a reader that does that, but this is specific to one game and doesn't have a menu.

thanks!

I could try. I'm a mac user so, of course its for macs. I have temporarily withheld development for dream but will continue. Adding new categories is done in rebuildCategorySelectors in ScratchVeiewerMorph. Rememeber to add the category images to the skin. With the compiler i think I could make it so that it saves a new image and application for the project. How about that?

#71 2012-07-13 18:30:55

ZacIsCool
Scratcher

I have a Tip for catagories: if you have an odd number, rather than making up some new weird category, just make motor blocks have their own category. If you get a new good one, just recombine motor and motion. Somewhere on this thread, it says how to have n odd number... http://scratch.mit.edu/forums/viewtopic.php?pid=726898

Last edited by ZacIsCool (2012-07-14 12:58:09)

#72 2012-07-13 19:01:27

ZacIsCool
Scratcher

dreamod wrote:

ZacIsCool wrote:

thanks!

I could try. I'm a mac user so, of course its for macs. I have temporarily withheld development for dream but will continue. Adding new categories is done in rebuildCategorySelectors in ScratchVeiewerMorph. Rememeber to add the category images to the skin. With the compiler i think I could make it so that it saves a new image and application for the project. How about that?

cool! thanks! I can't wait to use it! I'm making a mod of my own, called Holly MeatBall, But I'm not very good with smalltalk, or squeak, or whatever the language is called. I've added only a few new blocks. It will probably never be released publicly, I just do it for fun. It's weird, before I Ever read any thing about this, I already had a mouse down menu exactly the same as yours, even in that same order. The way I got the Idea of the app style compiler is that I read about another mod that had it, I would Have downloaded it just for the compiler, but i couldn't use it because it was for an earlier version of scratch. Is the compiler completely separate, or is it in the source code? If it was separate, one could use it for regular scratch projects and still upload them. The only mod I use, other than when I test my own mod, is panther. BYOB doesn't have any new functions, so anything on Holy Meatball could also be made in scratch. That always frustrates me, and then I have to make a scratch friendly version, and i eventually stopped using it. I don't like making things public, which is why i'm not publicizing BYOB and why I rarely post scratch projects. I don't like making things public because I have to credit like 100 different people or else they get mad. I ow so many credits because i download many, many projects and learn from them all. If Holy Meatball does get released, it will only be the image. I don't want to have to get rid of all the copywriter stuff in the folder. My mod is for experienced scratchers anyway. I added one function:

(map ( ) from min: ( ) max: ( ) to min: ( ) max: ( )) 
that finds the first number's relationship to the first range and returns the number with the same relationship to the second range. For example:
(map (5) from min: (0) max: (10) to min: (10) max: (20))
would return ten because 5 is directly between 0 and 10 and 10 is directly between 10 and 20. heres the code:

Code:

map: t1 fromMin: t2 Max: t3 toMin: t4 Max: t5
   ^(t1 - t2) * (t5 - t4) / (t3 - t2) + t4

and the blockspec:

Code:

('map %n from min: %n max: %n to min: %n max: %n' #r #map:fromMin:Max:toMin:Max: 5 0 10 10 20 )

put the method in other ops in scriptableScratchMorph and the bloc spec in 'operators' of the block specs in scriptableScratchMorph.
smile   smile   smile   smile   smile   smile   smile   smile

Last edited by ZacIsCool (2012-07-15 22:14:13)

#73 2012-07-14 10:33:38

ZacIsCool
Scratcher

I have so far been working on holy meatball through the shift-click R hack, but now I just downloaded the source code. Can I continue to work on it through the official downloaded source code, or do I have to either start over in the source or just continue using the hack?

#74 2012-07-14 11:11:20

dreamod
New Scratcher

ZacIsCool wrote:

I have so far been working on holy meatball through the shift-click R hack, but now I just downloaded the source code. Can I continue to work on it through the official downloaded source code, or do I have to either start over in the source or just continue using the hack?

You'll have to start over. The official non source release does not have a changeset. However you could've done it the other way around

#75 2012-07-14 12:56:49

ZacIsCool
Scratcher

dreamod wrote:

ZacIsCool wrote:

You'll have to start over. The official non source release does not have a changeset. However you could've done it the other way around

I'd rather continue using the hack, unless thats illegal. I'm not using the scratch logos or anything, so it should be, shouldn't it? It's the same thing.

Board footer