This is a read-only archive of the old Scratch 1.x Forums.
Try searching the current Scratch discussion forums.
  • Index
  •  » Educators
  •  » Students Working To Advance Technology-www.swatweb.net and Scratch

#1 2008-08-13 20:59:41

swatweb
Scratcher

Students Working To Advance Technology-www.swatweb.net and Scratch

I recently attended the iCTLT Ed Tech conference in Singapore and heard first hand from Mitchel Resnick about Scratch. I also spent some time reading through the education forum and I am happy to hear that students are taking the lead in supporting their classmates and friends to learn more about technology and Scratch methods, on their own time.

I would like to lead this Scratch forum called Students Working To Advance Technology to support students, and teachers, to build a learning community to assist one another in giving "students" the opportunity to build an after school club, camp, or virtual platform to help each other with Scratch, I welcome the MIT team to assist with the technical questions.

Students-Please also tell your teacher or school administrator about www.swatweb.net which is an award-winning program designed to help teachers organize an after school technology program to train students as technology leaders for their school.
The mission of the nationally recognized SWAT concept is to promote student leadership training, address technology competencies, provide outreach to the community through parent involvement, corporate support, and student community service, and to encourage collaboration among student SWAT Teams Internationally.
As a life-long educator, I endorse the Scratch program as a wonderful learning tool and platform for engaging learning at all levels, for all learners, anytime, anywhere.

I look forward to helping students to enrich their classmates, enhance their school's mission and to help engage their community. Lucy Miller-Ganfield, lmganfield@gmail.com
at www.swatweb.net

#2 2008-08-14 13:53:31

mletreat
Scratcher

Re: Students Working To Advance Technology-www.swatweb.net and Scratch

swatweb wrote:

I recently attended the iCTLT Ed Tech conference in Singapore and heard first hand from Mitchel Resnick about Scratch. I also spent some time reading through the education forum and I am happy to hear that students are taking the lead in supporting their classmates and friends to learn more about technology and Scratch methods, on their own time.

I would like to lead this Scratch forum called Students Working To Advance Technology to support students, and teachers, to build a learning community to assist one another in giving "students" the opportunity to build an after school club, camp, or virtual platform to help each other with Scratch, I welcome the MIT team to assist with the technical questions.

Students-Please also tell your teacher or school administrator about www.swatweb.net which is an award-winning program designed to help teachers organize an after school technology program to train students as technology leaders for their school.
The mission of the nationally recognized SWAT concept is to promote student leadership training, address technology competencies, provide outreach to the community through parent involvement, corporate support, and student community service, and to encourage collaboration among student SWAT Teams Internationally.
As a life-long educator, I endorse the Scratch program as a wonderful learning tool and platform for engaging learning at all levels, for all learners, anytime, anywhere.

I look forward to helping students to enrich their classmates, enhance their school's mission and to help engage their community. Lucy Miller-Ganfield, lmganfield@gmail.com
at www.swatweb.net

Thanks for sharing, it is great to see kids encouraging their school teachers and administrators to bring Scratch into their classrooms!

• Index
  •  » Educators
  •  » Students Working To Advance Technology-www.swatweb.net and Scratch

Board footer