This is a read-only archive of the old Scratch 1.x Forums.
Try searching the current Scratch discussion forums.

#1 2011-12-22 20:57:50

yoshi362
Scratcher

Help on surfing game!

Hi people! I haven't been in scratch in a while, and i'm also finally making a game with more than 5 scripts! I am making a surfing game, and I am having trouble with the lives lost. When a shark or wave hits the surfer, a live should be last, but it's not always hiding in the corner. When the first is lost, the third is hiding, the second is fine, and then the first is still there and wen the third is lost it  just sits there. If anyone can give me advice before i post the game it would be nice, but if you need to see it please post so I can. Thanks and scratch on!

#2 2012-01-08 12:01:55

cpumaster930
Scratcher

Re: Help on surfing game!

Assuming you have a variable for how many lives are lost, you should be able to make a three-costume sprite that shows how many lives are left.

Make costume 1 have three hearts (or whatever symbol you're using for lives), costume 2 have two hearts, and costume 3 have one.  Then add this script:
http://i.imgur.com/21BRb.gif

Just use the "change (Lives) by [-1] block each time the player should lose a life (i.e., crashing).

Hope this helps!  smile

http://i.imgur.com/Qd0lu.png

#3 2012-01-20 02:08:41

SOScratch
Scratcher

Please post the project with a title such as "Please Help" or something.
Then send me a link.

If I can, I will try to work out the problem.

Try making good use of variables.
Such as set a variable for lives and when the lives hit a certain amount, make the lives sprites hide. Then once it hits zero, broadcast lose.
This has worked for me on similar problems before.

-SOScratch
Scratch On!

#4 2012-02-24 14:20:31

tayyib123
New Scratcher

I tried this method but later it didn't work CPUmaster930.
Any tips

Board footer