This is a read-only archive of the old Scratch 1.x Forums.
Try searching the current Scratch discussion forums.

#151 2013-04-10 05:36:25

LS97
Scratcher

Re: Scratch on Android

Hi, sorry to bump this up, but I've never really been following this area and I don't know whether there are any currently on-going or completed projects for porting Scratch to mobile.

Could anyone kindly fill me in?  smile

#152 2013-04-11 09:39:24

CustomEpicness
Scratcher

LS97 wrote:

Hi, sorry to bump this up, but I've never really been following this area and I don't know whether there are any currently on-going or completed projects for porting Scratch to mobile.

None that I know of. Sorry. However, you can use Catroid, but it's only for Android.

Last edited by CustomEpicness (2013-04-12 12:01:43)

Might as well keep this post alive...

#153 2013-04-11 11:11:02

poopo
Scratcher

Too bad this is dead, and worse, the links are dead.  sad

http://i45.tinypic.com/28rnqki.jpg

#154 2013-04-11 13:14:44

GP1
Scratcher

LS97 wrote:

Well, ZeroLuck stopped developing this because of the Scratch 2.0 player being made in Flash, it can now be ran inside Android, if you have Adobe Flash or Puffin Browser (with built in Flash). However, Adobe stopped supporting Android, so I'm wondering whether ZeroLuck will start this again. Using a browser is good, but the project doesn't take up the whole screen, which I don't like at all.

I am currently http://blocks.scratchr.org/API.php?user=GP1&action=onlineStatus&type=imagehttp://blocks.scratchr.org/API.php?user=GP1&action=onlineStatus&type=text and I finally got over 1000 posts.

#155 2013-04-11 20:25:33

poopo
Scratcher

*cough*

Not very complete but still the best we have.

http://i45.tinypic.com/28rnqki.jpg

#156 2013-04-11 20:48:58

DUBReMiXZ
New Scratcher

There is already a scratch-like app. Its catroid although its not on the Play Store for some reason. http://scratchandroid.blogspot.com/2013/04/scratch-android-download-page.html

It just has a link to code Google for the apk. Until then I'd would love to see the official scratch up on the markets of android.

#157 2013-04-12 04:47:52

LS97
Scratcher

GP1 wrote:

LS97 wrote:

Well, ZeroLuck stopped developing this because of the Scratch 2.0 player being made in Flash, it can now be ran inside Android, if you have Adobe Flash or Puffin Browser (with built in Flash). However, Adobe stopped supporting Android, so I'm wondering whether ZeroLuck will start this again. Using a browser is good, but the project doesn't take up the whole screen, which I don't like at all.

Thanks for a complete answer!
Since nobody is actually trying this out, and given my very decent programming skills, and my ownership of an android device, and the lack of good existing software out there, and my friendship with a very good programmer, and my excess of time, I think I will talk this through with my colleagues at Futuresight Tech and see if we can make one. We have a Google Dev account, and the app would be available for free.

Of course, there will be competition. but a native app is better than Flash in a browser (which I already tried and it is painfully slow for some stuff). I'll be posting if this goes through.

#158 2013-04-13 19:26:49

GP1
Scratcher

LS97 wrote:

GP1 wrote:

LS97 wrote:

Since nobody is actually trying this out, and given my very decent programming skills, and my ownership of an android device, and the lack of good existing software out there, and my friendship with a very good programmer, and my excess of time, I think I will talk this through with my colleagues at Futuresight Tech and see if we can make one. We have a Google Dev account, and the app would be available for free.

Of course, there will be competition. but a native app is better than Flash in a browser (which I already tried and it is painfully slow for some stuff). I'll be posting if this goes through.

Ok! If you need any help, I'm available. I have some free time now that FRC is over. I have the source code for this project, and converted it to and Eclipse project (it originally was a NetBeans project, which you can still use. Whichever IDE you people prefer). I have been developing Android apps for a while. I could also, when you guys are done, convert it to iOS.

I am currently http://blocks.scratchr.org/API.php?user=GP1&action=onlineStatus&type=imagehttp://blocks.scratchr.org/API.php?user=GP1&action=onlineStatus&type=text and I finally got over 1000 posts.

#159 2013-04-14 03:23:39

shadowmouse
New Scratcher

LS97 wrote:

given my very decent programming skills, and my friendship with a very good programmer, and my excess of time,... colleagues at Futuresight Tech ...

Hi LS97, this is slightly off-topic on this thread but seeing your description of your self, would you kindly help (with your very decent programming skills) to make a plugin for my mod, or at least help me to learn how to, because I'm really stuck (I don't know C and don't really understand it all)?  smile

#160 2013-04-14 04:33:19

LS97
Scratcher

shadowmouse wrote:

LS97 wrote:

given my very decent programming skills, and my friendship with a very good programmer, and my excess of time,... colleagues at Futuresight Tech ...

Hi LS97, this is slightly off-topic on this thread but seeing your description of your self, would you kindly help (with your very decent programming skills) to make a plugin for my mod, or at least help me to learn how to, because I'm really stuck (I don't know C and don't really understand it all)?  smile

I'd love to, really, but there's a teeny tiny problem. I already tried to do so in the past, using CodeBlocks as my IDE, and the standard make compiler, but the DLLs I compiled never seemed to work with Scratch (all I did to test was take the source code of the libraries from the source site and compile those, to no avail).

So sorry, but if I can't even compile them myself I don't think I can help you compile them either (although I do know C a bit).

#161 2013-04-14 04:35:12

LS97
Scratcher

GP1 wrote:

LS97 wrote:

GP1 wrote:

Ok! If you need any help, I'm available. I have some free time now that FRC is over. I have the source code for this project, and converted it to and Eclipse project (it originally was a NetBeans project, which you can still use. Whichever IDE you people prefer). I have been developing Android apps for a while. I could also, when you guys are done, convert it to iOS.

I'd love to have the eclipse project! I will probably start from Scratch but there are definitely some parts that I would like to copy. As for your coding help, I'll see if we need any later, thanks for offering.

#162 2013-04-14 06:17:37

TRocket
Scratcher

I have the source of zeroluck's latest android player...

http://i.imgur.com/1QqnHxQ.png

#163 2013-04-14 06:26:14

LS97
Scratcher

TRocket wrote:

Well, mind sharing it?  smile

#164 2013-04-14 07:32:56

TRocket
Scratcher

LS97 wrote:

TRocket wrote:

Ok, here it is NOTICE: I DO NOT OWN THIS CODE. IF YOU  USE ANY PART OF THIS CODE YOU MUST GIVE CREDIT TO ZEROLUCK.

#165 2013-04-14 08:17:33

LS97
Scratcher

TRocket wrote:

LS97 wrote:

TRocket wrote:

Ok, here it is NOTICE: I DO NOT OWN THIS CODE. IF YOU  USE ANY PART OF THIS CODE YOU MUST GIVE CREDIT TO ZEROLUCK.

that's itchy++

#166 2013-04-14 08:25:03

TRocket
Scratcher

LS97 wrote:

TRocket wrote:

LS97 wrote:

that's itchy++

No, i just uploaded the file to our sourceforge... look at the URL.

#167 2013-04-14 08:28:22

LS97
Scratcher

TRocket wrote:

LS97 wrote:

TRocket wrote:

that's itchy++

No, i just uploaded the file to our sourceforge... look at the URL.

Oh, yep. Thanks.

#168 2013-04-14 15:14:48

GP1
Scratcher

LS97 wrote:

GP1 wrote:

LS97 wrote:

I'd love to have the eclipse project! I will probably start from Scratch but there are definitely some parts that I would like to copy. As for your coding help, I'll see if we need any later, thanks for offering.

Ok, I know somebody already gave it to you (I think), but here it is anyway: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/795 … Player.zip. This one is an actual Eclipse project, if you guys use Eclipse.

#169 2013-04-14 16:30:24

LS97
Scratcher

GP1 wrote:

LS97 wrote:

GP1 wrote:

Ok, I know somebody already gave it to you (I think), but here it is anyway: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/795 … Player.zip. This one is an actual Eclipse project, if you guys use Eclipse.

Thanks, this one is easier to use!

#170 2013-04-16 12:34:05

ZeroLuck
Scratcher

Hello.
I see, you are still interested in this player?
The problem is that I don't have much time for it because I have to work on some other projects. The last time I was working on it was january this year. Missing is following:
- sound-blocks (Problem: I can't read the sound format properly; bad quality)
- some collision-blocks (Problem: Very hard to implement efficient)

In six weeks I will have time to continue this project.
But what about this: Is someone interested to implement a Java conversion of Scratch-Soundfiles (the "wav"-files you find in .sb2-projects which are encoded in ADPCM) to simple wav-files? That would be very helpful. It would be nice too if someone of you help to implement a (very very) efficient pixel-collision detector.

PS: The source-code you found is very very old and doesn't work really.
Maybe I will share the current source in the next time.

Thanks,
ZeroLuck

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-oL2Atzp0Byw/T465vIQ36dI/AAAAAAAAADo/1vqL4PvhkM0/s1600/scratchdachwiki.png

#171 2013-04-16 21:16:44

pwiter
Scratcher

ZeroLuck wrote:

Hello.
The problem is that I don't have much time for it because I have to work on some other projects. The last time I was working on it was january this year. Missing is following:

But what about this: Is someone interested to implement a Java conversion of Scratch-Soundfiles (the "wav"-files you find in .sb2-projects which are encoded in ADPCM) to simple wav-files? That would be very helpful. It would be nice too if someone of you help to implement a (very very) efficient pixel-collision detector.

Thanks,
ZeroLuck

Just a question, as I want to help develop this project, would you be willing to make this project a "collaboration"? In other words, putting this project on GitHub or SourceForge, so that we can help develop.

http://i.imgur.com/YBeXc.png

#172 2013-04-17 11:13:25

LS97
Scratcher

ZeroLuck wrote:

Hello.

Thanks,
ZeroLuck

It would be awesome if I could have the latest code. The one I received is indeed missing a lot of features! The version I have been working with uses the new Scratch format, and adds some Android-style opening menus. It would be great if I could contribute my code as a finished project in 6 weeks time that others can build on!

Board footer