This is a read-only archive of the old Scratch 1.x Forums.
Try searching the current Scratch discussion forums.

#1 2008-07-19 04:08:11

filo5
Scratcher

Polish translation

Who made polish translation of Scratch website? It's very ugly. It looks like machine translation. Polish version needs lot of work down there. Think about it.

------------
Kto zrobił polską wersję tej strony? Fuszerka! Wygląda na komputerowego tłumacza. Polska wersja potrzebuje jeszcze dużo pracy. Przemyślcie to.

Converting my Scratch projects to Python!

#2 2008-07-19 04:15:08

Bluestribute
Scratcher

Re: Polish translation

Please use nicer words though. You could have said "The Polish translation needs some work. I would be happy to help you in translating it" (or course, you didn't need to say the helping part)

http://img247.imageshack.us/img247/1204/bluestributett4.jpg
That's my PSN ID. I know tons of COD4 glitches. Add me as your friend. Oh, and get a headset

#3 2008-07-22 10:21:54

evhan55
Scratcher

filo5 wrote:

Who made polish translation of Scratch website? It's very ugly. It looks like machine translation. Polish version needs lot of work down there. Think about it.

------------
Kto zrobił polską wersję tej strony? Fuszerka! Wygląda na komputerowego tłumacza. Polska wersja potrzebuje jeszcze dużo pracy. Przemyślcie to.

Thank you for the feedback about the Polish translation of the website.
The translations are done by volunteers who offer their time on these forums and via email.  If you would like to volunteer your time to work on the Polish translation of the website, please email me at evelyn@media.mit.edu.

Thanks again for the feedback!
Evelyn
MIT Scratch Team

I love Scratch!  big_smile
my creative outlet

#4 2008-07-30 04:51:39

jasb
Scratcher

If you don't like this translation you should translate it again.
You have to know that it won't be easy. Maybe you think that there's only couple of words and you will do in an hour. If you think so, you are wrong. I wish you luck with translating jasb

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Jeśli nie podoba ci się to tłumaczenie, powinieneś przetłumaczyć wszystko na nowo.
Wiedz jednak że nie będzie to proste. Moż myślisz że wszystko to co masz przetłumaczyć to tylko kilka słów i zajmie ci to godzinkę. Jeśli tak myślisz jesteś w błędzie.
Życzę ci szczęśliwego tłumaczenia
Jasb

#5 2008-08-02 07:51:13

faramir
Scratcher

Ok. Some mistakes are made in polish translation, but can I help translating website? How?
I've downloaded Scratch and change language to Polish. It's look like only construct block are translated. Can I help with it too? Or maybe only construct block are translated?

#6 2008-08-15 15:16:45

evhan55
Scratcher

faramir wrote:

Ok. Some mistakes are made in polish translation, but can I help translating website? How?
I've downloaded Scratch and change language to Polish. It's look like only construct block are translated. Can I help with it too? Or maybe only construct block are translated?

Dear faramir,

The new version of Scratch (coming soon) will contain a more complete Polish translation.  You can view the latest Polish translation here:
https://dev.laptop.org/translate/pl/scratch/

If you would like to edit that file, the instructions can be found here:
http://scratch.wik.is/Support/In_many_languages/Translating_Scratch

If you would like to edit the translation of the website, please email me at evelyn@media.mit.edu and I can send you jasb's file so that you may help to edit it.

Thank you for your cooperation!
Sincerely,
Evelyn
MIT Scratch Team

I love Scratch!  big_smile
my creative outlet

Board footer