This is a read-only archive of the old Scratch 1.x Forums.
Try searching the current Scratch discussion forums.

#26 2012-01-14 12:12:46

plb36
Scratcher

Re: Can I become the curator? and other curator questions.

cboy12 wrote:

how can i make a speech:(

Just post a speech on this thread. Good luck!  smile

http://i1094.photobucket.com/albums/i456/plb36/myforumssig.png

#27 2012-01-15 18:41:13

Victoria393
Scratcher

Dear Creators of Scratch,
Being a curator sounds like an AWESOME opportunity! To be honest, I haven't done scratch for that long but i really like the idea of it!
As curator, I would flip through project after project and find the ones that really jumped out at me, even if they were made by someone who wasn't well known on scratch-actully, I'd pick MORE people that had projects that almost nobody saw! Just because they weren't well known doesn't mean they aren't good projects!  smile 
Plus, my mom works in a museum so I go to museums a lot and I always wonder how the museum's important works of art were chosen!
Also, in school, I love when we get to select things or highlight parts of a paragraph that jump out at us! It's one of my favorite parts! So this job would rock!
Finally, I almost have a problem, I spend so much time looking at projects a day-about 3 hours on a weekend each day! I'm just so curious! :-) So I'd have an EXCUSE to do this if I was curator!
If I was curator, I might curate a lot of awesome games that no one knows about, for example sparkyjohn has a great game called Get the Sugar that not many people know about, but it's in my favorites! It's where you have this ant that you have to get to eat this tiny sugar grains! It's a great game because you feel a burst of satisfaction when the ant gets the sugar. That would be one project I would definetly curate...
Please consider letting me be the curator, but if it's not possible I understand. Thanks for making Scratch, I love the mix of fun computer programming and a social networking site!
Thanks,
Victoria393  smile

CHEESE and pickles

#28 2012-01-15 18:44:34

Victoria393
Scratcher

wait can you still do it if you're a New Scratcher?

CHEESE and pickles

#29 2012-01-15 19:06:36

plb36
Scratcher

Victoria393 wrote:

No. Sorry.  sad

http://i1094.photobucket.com/albums/i456/plb36/myforumssig.png

#30 2012-01-15 19:15:10

kayybee
Scratcher

Victoria393 wrote:

no, and also this is not the right thread. this just answers all your questions. the correct place is here.

#31 2012-01-27 10:57:52

TheDogIslandFan
Scratcher

This is a really helpfull guide

http://www.eggcave.com/egg/787454.png

#32 2012-01-27 11:10:03

RedRocker227
Scratcher

Victoria393 wrote:

Being a curator sounds like an AWESOME opportunity! To be honest, I haven't done scratch for that long but i really like the idea of it!
As curator, I would flip through project after project and find the ones that really jumped out at me, even if they were made by someone who wasn't well known on scratch-actully, I'd pick MORE people that had projects that almost nobody saw! Just because they weren't well known doesn't mean they aren't good projects!  smile 
Plus, my mom works in a museum so I go to museums a lot and I always wonder how the museum's important works of art were chosen!
Also, in school, I love when we get to select things or highlight parts of a paragraph that jump out at us! It's one of my favorite parts! So this job would rock!
Finally, I almost have a problem, I spend so much time looking at projects a day-about 3 hours on a weekend each day! I'm just so curious! :-) So I'd have an EXCUSE to do this if I was curator!
If I was curator, I might curate a lot of awesome games that no one knows about, for example sparkyjohn has a great game called Get the Sugar that not many people know about, but it's in my favorites! It's where you have this ant that you have to get to eat this tiny sugar grains! It's a great game because you feel a burst of satisfaction when the ant gets the sugar. That would be one project I would definetly curate...
Please consider letting me be the curator, but if it's not possible I understand. Thanks for making Scratch, I love the mix of fun computer programming and a social networking site!
Thanks,
Victoria393  smile

Sorry, but this isn't the thread to apply in. This is the correct thread. You're still a New Scratcher though, so you can't anyway.

Why

#33 2012-02-01 08:57:23

TheDogIslandFan
Scratcher

cboy12 wrote:

how can i make a speech:(

On the Become a curator thread. But due to the fact your still a New Scratcher you can't. Just be patient,be active on both the main site and forums,post help and constuctive comments (Example of helpfull and constuctive comments/posts:This project is really good however you should try adding weapons and super powers) and DONT spam,troll or bully and soon your be a scratcher!
And an example of a speech is:
Hello The reason I wan't to become a curator is because I would like to give other people a chance to be on the front page and because I think many projects deserve to be front paged.

Hope this helps  smile

http://www.eggcave.com/egg/787454.png

#34 2012-02-05 16:00:46

Victoria393
Scratcher

kayybee wrote:

Victoria393 wrote:

no, and also this is not the right thread. this just answers all your questions. the correct place is here.

ok sorry i guess i might as well try again on the right thread now that I'm a Scratcher

CHEESE and pickles

#35 2012-02-05 16:01:50

Victoria393
Scratcher

plb36 wrote:

Victoria393 wrote:

No. Sorry.  sad

it's ok

CHEESE and pickles

#36 2012-02-05 16:04:45

Victoria393
Scratcher

ye

RedRocker227 wrote:

Victoria393 wrote:

Thanks,
Victoria393  smile

Sorry, but this isn't the thread to apply in. This is the correct thread. You're still a New Scratcher though, so you can't anyway.

yeah i didn't know anything about Scratchers and New Scrtachers-this was how I found out about the Forums and my 1st post-and then I saw that 'About the "New Scratcher" Status guide but i might as well try in the right place now that i'm a scratcher

CHEESE and pickles

#37 2012-04-07 13:55:57

James07
Scratcher

bump

http://trinary.site40.net/images/scratchrank.php?username=James07

#38 2012-04-10 07:27:05

Limitless
New Scratcher

Can I just ask a question, why do you have to have the "Scratcher" rank? Is it because of experience?

#39 2012-04-10 07:29:26

RedRocker227
Scratcher

Limitless wrote:

Can I just ask a question, why do you have to have the "Scratcher" rank? Is it because of experience?

It's to prevent spam; New Scratchers have to wait 180 seconds between posts ( for Scratchers it's only 60) so that if someone decided to go on a spamming spree, they'd have to wait three times as long between posts. There's also some other advantages, such as Scratchers can have signatures. To become a Scratcher, just be friendly and helpful, and you'll get there eventually.  smile

EDIT: Lol, I've just realised I completely misinterpreted your question. xD

You don't actually have to be a New Scratcher, I don't know why it says that. Paddle said that they judge you on helpfulness, not by your rank, it's just that the most helpful users are naturally Scratchers anyway.  smile

Last edited by RedRocker227 (2012-04-10 07:32:21)

Why

#40 2012-04-10 07:29:32

scimonster
Community Moderator

Limitless wrote:

I think so. Well, it's actually not mandatory, but no new Scratcher has ever been chosen, AFAIK.

#41 2012-04-10 07:53:46

Paddle2See
Scratch Team

scimonster wrote:

Limitless wrote:

I think so. Well, it's actually not mandatory, but no new Scratcher has ever been chosen, AFAIK.

That's correct.  While there is no requirement that you have Scratcher rank, we do look for people that have some experience with the Scratch community - which means that they are most likely going to have achieved Scratcher  smile

http://i39.tinypic.com/2nav6o7.gif

#42 2012-05-15 00:40:07

CreatorGod
New Scratcher

How do you become a curator?

#43 2012-05-15 10:02:08

scimonster
Community Moderator

CreatorGod wrote:

How do you become a curator?

You have to be an active and helpful Scratcher, then apply for the position on the official thread.

#44 2012-05-16 06:06:09

bobbybee
Scratcher

Two questions: will I be notified if my application was rejected, and also, how long does it usually take from the submission of the speech to when it its accepted/rejected.

I support the Free Software Foundation. Protect our digital rights!

#45 2012-06-07 12:12:42

schusteralex2
Scratcher

bobbybee wrote:

Two questions: will I be notified if my application was rejected, and also, how long does it usually take from the submission of the speech to when it its accepted/rejected.

I would like to know this as well  smile

Last edited by schusteralex2 (2012-06-07 12:12:50)

http://i44.tinypic.com/2uj37ds.gif

#46 2012-06-07 12:14:34

RedRocker227
Scratcher

bobbybee wrote:

You won't be notified if your application gets rejected. I wasn't, anyway. I'm not sure about your second question.

Why

#47 2012-06-07 12:16:01

scimonster
Community Moderator

schusteralex2 wrote:

bobbybee wrote:

I would like to know this as well  smile

1) No. 2) It can be from a week to half several months. You get told a month or so before you start.

#48 2012-06-10 19:27:47

ninja11011
Scratcher

can i be a currator?

#49 2012-06-12 18:06:07

Imnotastalker
Scratcher

I still don't understand how to become one... what do I have to do???

#50 2012-06-13 03:41:37

kayybee
Scratcher

For those asking if you can be curator, read the post. That's why this topic is here.

To become a curator, you must apply on the announcements thread, and also must be a scratcher.

Board footer