This is a read-only archive of the old Scratch 1.x Forums.
Try searching the current Scratch discussion forums.

#76 2011-10-07 05:44:48

ssss
Scratcher

Re: Links to Member-created Websites

scimonster wrote:

ssss wrote:

scimonster wrote:

There are no forums, no contact, only images being embedded.

Well then, you don't have to ask...

But it blocks it because of the ".weebly." filter.

Ah.  That's not a good thing  sad

Hey.  It's me SSSS, back from the dead!  smile

#77 2011-10-12 10:31:04

maxskywalker
Scratcher

Okay, yeah, I get it.  But I do see one problem: I have this link in my sig, but now that it's banned my browser gets all messed up when I go into my sig page so I can't take out the link!

#78 2011-10-12 17:13:35

EzekielE
Scratcher

Paddle2See wrote:

It's really easy and educational to make your own forums, chat rooms, private messaging systems, virtual private networks, and so on.  And it can be fun to interact with your friends using these tools.  However, because these sites may not be monitored or may not share the same values as the Scratch site, there is no guarantee that material on such sites is suitable for all ages.  For this reason, we ask that you *NOT* advertise or link to these sites from the Scratch forums.

To help enforce this request, we have added the names of some popular websites used for creating shared spaces to our censored word list:

punbb-hosting
weebly

Exemptions to this policy may be made for sites that:

1. have been in existence for at least 6 months
2. have established standards and moderation policies that are consistent with Scratch
3. have good security practices to prevent trolling or hijacking   

If your site meets all of the requirements above, please contact the Scratch Team (using the Contact Us form) if you would like to apply for an exemption.

I currently run an empty forum on my website, ezekielelelin.com, I assume this is not going to get censored?

http://mag.racked.eu/cimage/i2260/Achievement++get%21/Find+a+Disk/mca.pnghttp://ezekielelin.com/1x1Gif/image.php

#79 2011-10-12 19:26:55

kayybee
Scratcher

EzekielE wrote:

I currently run an empty forum on my website, ezekielelelin.com, I assume this is not going to get censored?

I don't think so, as long as people can't post on your forum.

#80 2011-10-13 03:10:15

WindowsExplorer
Scratcher

You should add webs.

http://i.imgur.com/H6LLdnK.pnghttp://i.imgur.com/VYuD7BY.png

#81 2011-10-15 13:42:17

cocolover76
Scratcher

Targethero wrote:

Sounds good, keep up the good work!

webs.com is another hosting site you might want to censor.

Webs doesn't even work anymore. (last time I checked, which was 1 minute ago)

http://i.imgur.com/HfEPZ.gifhttp://i.imgur.com/pvKb6.png

#82 2011-10-16 21:57:40

nightmarescratcher
Scratcher

i was gonna post a xat chat room that is heavily moderated and any form of harassing would result in a ban. i suppose not, now.

http://fc07.deviantart.net/fs70/f/2011/171/f/3/derpy_hooves_derp_sig_by_alicehumansacrifice1-d3jg613.png

#83 2011-10-17 20:08:25

Paddle2See
Scratch Team

New policy posted!  Check the first post  smile

http://i39.tinypic.com/2nav6o7.gif

#84 2011-10-17 22:08:57

henley
Scratcher

My website is more than three months old.

The only user-interaction is the ability to comment on blog posts. I subscribe to every blog post, so it emails me whe anyone comments, and if anyone were to say anything bad, I would remove the post IMMEDIATELY.

Security: check!  I have a good password for my Weebly account, that only my parents know (because they have their silly parent policies  tongue  ). I am also the one and only person with any access to the website. This means that you can trust me, but you don't have to worry about trusting two people! Or more!  yikes  The pure purpose of the website is for fun and entertainment. You just go on there, find secret pages, play games, read a comic from the blog. The closest thing to "bad" on the blog is a gun, but it is poorly drawn, and never fired. It also only appears once. There is also no advertisements, so there is no stress over if it's a scam or a real iPad. As stated earlier, the only interaction people visibly have on the site is commenting on blogs. No forums! It's forum free! The other interaction they have is filling out completely optional surveys made by me. The contents of the survey are emailed directly to me, so no one can see them, and of a person were to intentionally send something bad to me through a survey, I would simply ban their IP adress from the site.

I hope you take my website into consideration, and thank you for your time.

EDIT: I checked, and there is an option for the blog comments that I have to approve them before they show up. I turned it on for all of the posts and a will for all future posts.

Last edited by henley (2011-10-18 07:11:32)

"I've worked so hard for you and you give me nothing in return. Do you need help... Or do I?"

#85 2011-10-18 01:27:46

kayybee
Scratcher

henley wrote:

My website, [removed. Mode Edit: Please don't share links on the site until they are approved by the Scratch Team] is more than three months old.

The only user-interaction is the ability to comment on blog posts. I subscribe to every blog post, so it emails me whe anyone comments, and if anyone were to say anything bad, I would remove the post IMMEDIATELY.

Security: check!  I have a good password for my Weebly account, that only my parents know (because they have their silly parent policies  tongue  ). I am also the one and only person with any access to the website. This means that you can trust me, but you don't have to worry about trusting two people! Or more!  yikes  The pure purpose of the website is for fun and entertainment. You just go on there, find secret pages, play games, read a comic from the blog. The closest thing to "bad" on the blog is a gun, but it is poorly drawn, and never fired. It also only appears once. There is also no advertisements, so there is no stress over if it's a scam or a real iPad. As stated earlier, the only interaction people visibly have on the site is commenting on blogs. No forums! It's forum free! The other interaction they have is filling out completely optional surveys made by me. The contents of the survey are emailed directly to me, so no one can see them, and of a person were to intentionally send something bad to me through a survey, I would simply ban their IP adress from the site.

EDIT: I checked, and there is an option for the blog comments that I have to approve them before they show up. I turned it on for all of the posts and a will for all future posts.

If you have to approve all outside content that goes into the website, it's fine to be posted. I think.

#86 2011-10-18 06:18:31

Paddle2See
Scratch Team

henley wrote:

My website, [removed. Mode Edit: Please don't share links on the site until they are approved by the Scratch Team] is more than three months old.

Nice site!  The only issue I see with it is that you are providing your email address, which is against the Scratch Community Guidelines, the part about not sharing personal contact information.  Since you also provide a nice comment form for providing feedback, maybe you can take the email address off?

#87 2011-10-18 15:58:06

henley
Scratcher

Paddle2See wrote:

henley wrote:

Nice site!  The only issue I see with it is that you are providing your email address, which is against the Scratch Community Guidelines, the part about not sharing personal contact information.  Since you also provide a nice comment form for providing feedback, maybe you can take the email address off?

I just took it off.  wink

Thanks in advance!

"I've worked so hard for you and you give me nothing in return. Do you need help... Or do I?"

#88 2011-10-18 19:45:44

henley
Scratcher

bump

#89 2011-10-18 20:02:45

Wickimen
Scratcher

My website is now one month old
Two more months  yikes
I have one that's a year old but I don't really like it

xDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD

#90 2011-10-19 08:33:23

Paddle2See
Scratch Team

henley wrote:

Paddle2See wrote:

henley wrote:

I just took it off.  wink

Thanks in advance!

You are all set then!  Link away  smile

#91 2011-10-19 15:21:49

peterkap
Scratcher

The SuperNova Forums Were Born:
During the summer, Me and my friend BV82 were thinking about making a forum.
I thought about it all night.
I woke up the next day and it popped out of my head!
"The Super Nova Forums!"
I talked to BV82 about my plan and he agreed.
I spread the word on scratch, but I found out that it's not allowed.
So I kept it to myself.
Some of my good friends joined.

Security:
Our staff check the forums as much as they can!
I personally check it on my phone, at school, and at home!
Once I have the chance, I'm going to remove the chat, ASAP!
We have email verification and registering second rule so you can't spam accounts.

Becoming A Part Of The Staff:
You must be 13 and older to become a part of the staff.
You must be trusted by all staff members to become a moderator.
Once you think your ready, you can submit a application in the application's forum.

Economy:
Terra-Novas are the currency we use. Go to the Economy Forums and you can make make your own game or a shop.
Donate to others and sell.

Scratch Related:
The SuperNova Forums have their own Scratch section!
Collab, Request, and Ask!

Decorations
We have some cool decorations! Every holiday, or occasion, we have  a different banner!
Isn't that cool?

SuperNova Forums..... Evolving Every Day.

So, It's up to you now, Scratch Team.
I told you everything.
Now you choose if I can be white-listed or not.  smile

Link

-Peter

Last edited by peterkap (2011-10-20 21:52:09)

#92 2011-10-19 16:36:57

henley
Scratcher

peterkap wrote:

"The Super Nova Forums!"
So I kept it to myself.

Security:
We have email verification and registering second rule so you can't spam accounts.

Once you think your ready, you can submit a application in the application's forum.

Economy:
Terra-Novas are the currency we use. Go to the Economy Forums and you can make make your own game or a shop.

Scratch Related:

Decorations
We have some cool decorations! Every holiday, or occasion, we have  a different banner!
Isn't that cool?

I told you everything.

-Peter

You must read the first post.

Didn’t it say somewhere that the website has to be other three months old?

#93 2011-10-19 16:43:45

peterkap
Scratcher

henley wrote:

peterkap wrote:

"The Super Nova Forums!"
So I kept it to myself.

Security:

Economy:

Scratch Related:

Decorations
Isn't that cool?

I told you everything.

-Peter

It was made in the summer=3 months old.

#94 2011-10-19 17:03:41

peterkap
Scratcher

Bump.  smile

#95 2011-10-20 07:02:36

henley
Scratcher

peterkap wrote:

henley wrote:

peterkap wrote:

"The Super Nova Forums!"
So I kept it to myself.

Security:

Economy:

Scratch Related:

Decorations
Isn't that cool?

I told you everything.

-Peter

It was made in the summer=3 months old.

Touchy.

Since the summer ended in August, it’s possible for it to not have been three months old. I was simply checking. Not to look cool, not to seem smart, but to help you.

#96 2011-10-20 08:01:05

peterkap
Scratcher

peterkap wrote:

"The Super Nova Forums!"
So I kept it to myself.

Security:

Economy:

Scratch Related:

Decorations
Isn't that cool?

I told you everything.

-Peter

#97 2011-10-20 11:56:08

kayybee
Scratcher

It's been one day. You don't need to repost it. There haven't been any other submissions, like the curator thread. There is no point in reposting it.

#98 2011-10-20 16:30:45

henley
Scratcher

peterkap wrote:

peterkap wrote:

"The Super Nova Forums!"
So I kept it to myself.

Security:

Economy:

Scratch Related:

Decorations
Isn't that cool?

I told you everything.

-Peter

If you're desperate, use the report button.

#99 2011-10-20 16:42:47

kayybee
Scratcher

henley wrote:

peterkap wrote:

hmm  I don't think that peter will die if this doesn't get approved soon... I don't think it's an emergency.

What he should be doing is contacting the Scratch Team via email or the contact us form at the bottom of the page.

#100 2011-10-20 18:56:33

peterkap
Scratcher

kayybee wrote:

henley wrote:

peterkap wrote:

hmm  I don't think that peter will die if this doesn't get approved soon... I don't think it's an emergency.

What he should be doing is contacting the Scratch Team via email or the contact us form at the bottom of the page.

Trust me, that was the first thing I did.
They told me to post here.

Board footer