This is a read-only archive of the old Scratch 1.x Forums.
Try searching the current Scratch discussion forums.

#551 2012-04-10 19:35:21

RedRocker227
Scratcher

Re: Links to Member-created Websites

SilverDomination wrote:

RedRocker227 wrote:

Paddle2See wrote:

Yes, it has to be the actual owner of the site. Blocked users will have to wait until their access to Scratch is restored before they can make use of Scratch services (such as advertising rights).

Okay, thanks.  smile

Sorry for this response being kind of late, but let me guess... ADK's Forums, isn't it.  tongue

Actually, it's not.  tongue

I'm not gonna say though, nor am I gonna say why I can't say, since that'd give it away.

It's a mysteryyyyyyyyy~

Why

#552 2012-04-10 19:35:54

soupoftomato
Scratcher

XenoK_Studios wrote:

short answer: no thanks, and your input isn't at all valued here, in any way shape or form.  I'm going to have to ask you to stop.  Just stop.  I want to settle this peacefully.  Why can't you just accept the fact that this policy has been put here for a reason, and if they didn't want to allow forums at all, they wouldn't have put this up in the first place.  I am only trying to suggest a new, and improved way to put member created websites through the approval process.  Just, you are sounding very disrespectful to me, and as a result, I've started to sound disrespectful.  I don't like it.  We'll just settle it at that.

Wowowwhoahman.

You seem to be the one wanting to make this a fight, Ecliptic was simply giving reasons why your arguments may not work.
He is hardly saying something "nobody values", that's a large group of people not caring. He was elaborating on questions you (and others) might have/had.

I'm glad to think that the community will always be kind and helpful, the language will always be a fun and easy way to be introduced into programming, the motto will always be: Imagine, Program, Share - Nomolos

#553 2012-04-10 21:32:30

XenoK_Studios
Scratcher

soupoftomato wrote:

XenoK_Studios wrote:

short answer: no thanks, and your input isn't at all valued here, in any way shape or form.  I'm going to have to ask you to stop.  Just stop.  I want to settle this peacefully.  Why can't you just accept the fact that this policy has been put here for a reason, and if they didn't want to allow forums at all, they wouldn't have put this up in the first place.  I am only trying to suggest a new, and improved way to put member created websites through the approval process.  Just, you are sounding very disrespectful to me, and as a result, I've started to sound disrespectful.  I don't like it.  We'll just settle it at that.

Wowowwhoahman.

You seem to be the one wanting to make this a fight, Ecliptic was simply giving reasons why your arguments may not work.
He is hardly saying something "nobody values", that's a large group of people not caring. He was elaborating on questions you (and others) might have/had.

No, I don't.  I simply wanted to put an end to the debate.  I have other things to do.  I also implied that I wanted it to end peacefully.  I honestly want to forget this ever happened.  Thanks, though.  That actually really helped me.  I had just put a LOT of time of effort into making that site, and was kind of disappointed that it wasn't approved.  and i mean  a LOT.  I even spent my all of my free time at school, which I happen to get a lot of planning out every single page.  I still do.  I'd like to say that I'm sorry if I've sounded disrespectful.  I can guarantee it will never happen again.

Last edited by XenoK_Studios (2012-04-10 21:43:57)

New signature under construction

#554 2012-04-10 21:44:06

funelephant
Scratcher

soupoftomato wrote:

XenoK_Studios wrote:

Wowowwhoahman.

So by your logic, he started a fight by wanting it to end.

Soup Logic  lol

nicki begs to differ
http://24.media.tumblr.com/ab0e6e8fd347c5e39c2821bcab9d16e6/tumblr_mgu35sui1L1rfb7aqo2_500.gif

#555 2012-04-10 21:46:53

XenoK_Studios
Scratcher

funelephant wrote:

soupoftomato wrote:

XenoK_Studios wrote:

Wowowwhoahman.

Soup Logic  lol

lol, ikr,  and I laugh every time I see that signature!  It's awesome!

New signature under construction

#556 2012-04-10 21:50:17

funelephant
Scratcher

XenoK_Studios wrote:

funelephant wrote:

soupoftomato wrote:

Wowowwhoahman.

Soup Logic  lol

lol, ikr,  and I laugh every time I see that signature!  It's awesome!

Actually Lucario621 made it  big_smile

nicki begs to differ
http://24.media.tumblr.com/ab0e6e8fd347c5e39c2821bcab9d16e6/tumblr_mgu35sui1L1rfb7aqo2_500.gif

#557 2012-04-11 12:55:03

SilverDomination
Scratcher

RedRocker227 wrote:

SilverDomination wrote:

RedRocker227 wrote:

Okay, thanks.  smile

Sorry for this response being kind of late, but let me guess... ADK's Forums, isn't it.  tongue

I'm not gonna say though, nor am I gonna say why I can't say, since that'd give it away.

It's a mysteryyyyyyyyy~

Oops. I accidentally told ADK that you were trying to approve his forums before I saw this ^^^ post. Oh well. I at least told him that the user who created it needs to approve it.  wink

Sooner or Later. Or sooner. Not much, except for a lot. In a way. But it will come no matter what.

#558 2012-04-11 12:57:41

RedRocker227
Scratcher

SilverDomination wrote:

RedRocker227 wrote:

SilverDomination wrote:

It's a mysteryyyyyyyyy~

Oops. I accidentally told ADK that you were trying to approve his forums before I saw this ^^^ post. Oh well. I at least told him that the user who created it needs to approve it.  wink

Oh :S

Why

#559 2012-04-11 13:00:49

Limitless
New Scratcher

Ah I was thinking of creating a website but... Eh...

#560 2012-04-11 13:01:39

scimonster
Community Moderator

Limitless wrote:

The longer you wait the longer until it can be approved.  wink

#561 2012-04-11 13:17:00

Limitless
New Scratcher

scimonster wrote:

Limitless wrote:

Well it doesn't always have to be approved.

#562 2012-04-11 13:49:18

scimonster
Community Moderator

Limitless wrote:

scimonster wrote:

Limitless wrote:

They usually are, if they fit the requirements.

I would like to kill the 60 second rule. It's nice to know I actually have a chance to personally get rid of it.

#563 2012-04-11 22:17:28

funelephant
Scratcher

scimonster wrote:

Limitless wrote:

scimonster wrote:

They usually are, if they fit the requirements.

I would like to kill the 60 second rule. It's nice to know I actually have a chance to personally get rid of it.

XD

nicki begs to differ

#564 2012-04-12 12:17:37

hungergamesfanatic
Scratcher

Can you approve this? Scratchzing.wall.fm

http://media.tumblr.com/ef092817bb0546c54787e8fa6932bd1f/tumblr_inline_mjvk9eXdM61qz4rgp.gif

#565 2012-04-13 00:43:31

Agentpieface
Scratcher

XenoK_Studios wrote:

http://i0.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/new … 1279885944

http://media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lr7fywSZAG1qfj8fq.gif

#566 2012-04-13 12:26:20

hungergamesfanatic
Scratcher

Agentpieface wrote:

XenoK_Studios wrote:

xD

http://media.tumblr.com/ef092817bb0546c54787e8fa6932bd1f/tumblr_inline_mjvk9eXdM61qz4rgp.gif

#567 2012-04-13 14:50:42

XenoK
Scratcher

Agentpieface wrote:

XenoK_Studios wrote:

lovely.

Eternity Tasks has launched into Alpha One! http://tasks.eternityincurakai.com/EI%20projects.png

#568 2012-04-14 12:15:14

funelephant
Scratcher

Paddle2See wrote:

If your website doesn't allow anybody to add stuff like comments - or anything that is added is reviewed personally by you very quickly, and you are the only person who controls the site, great!  Feel free to link to it from Scratch - your site doesn't need permission and doesn't have to be on the list of approved sites below.

Can we still have mods that are from the Scratch Community and Link it?

nicki begs to differ

#569 2012-04-14 12:33:09

RedRocker227
Scratcher

funelephant wrote:

Paddle2See wrote:

If your website doesn't allow anybody to add stuff like comments - or anything that is added is reviewed personally by you very quickly, and you are the only person who controls the site, great!  Feel free to link to it from Scratch - your site doesn't need permission and doesn't have to be on the list of approved sites below.

Nope, if you're talking about the PunBB-Hosting forum you just made then you need to wait three months.

Why

#570 2012-04-14 13:19:23

funelephant
Scratcher

RedRocker227 wrote:

funelephant wrote:

Paddle2See wrote:

Nope, if you're talking about the PunBB-Hosting forum you just made then you need to wait three months.

Oh ok  tongue

nicki begs to differ

#571 2012-04-14 13:32:42

Clank23
Scratcher

ST I had a forum on punbb-hosting but recently I remade it on my website with the punbb download. I am wondering do I have to get it re-approved?

http://img846.imageshack.us/img846/4333/signaturely.png

#572 2012-04-14 13:40:09

RedRocker227
Scratcher

Clank23 wrote:

ST I had a forum on punbb-hosting but recently I remade it on my website with the punbb download. I am wondering do I have to get it re-approved?

There was an earlier case where someone made their forum with PunBB-Hosting, waited three months, remade it with a different host and then found out they needed to wait another three months. So I'm afraid the answer is yes, you do need to get it approved again.  hmm

Why

#573 2012-04-14 13:58:56

Clank23
Scratcher

RedRocker227 wrote:

Clank23 wrote:

There was an earlier case where someone made their forum with PunBB-Hosting, waited three months, remade it with a different host and then found out they needed to wait another three months. So I'm afraid the answer is yes, you do need to get it approved again.  hmm

That is wrong I think.
Because that would mean it would take 6 month for something someone could do in 3.

http://img846.imageshack.us/img846/4333/signaturely.png

#574 2012-04-14 14:45:46

Paddle2See
Scratch Team

Clank23 wrote:

RedRocker227 wrote:

Clank23 wrote:

That is wrong I think.
Because that would mean it would take 6 month for something someone could do in 3.

It does perhaps discourage people from transitioning from site to site -  but we take the view that when a site is transitioned, the security structure needs to be revisited and re-proven.  It's kind of similar to the New Scratcher to Scratcher transition.  That needs to be proven anew every time a new account is made and it's the same with websites.  I'm sorry for the inconvenience.

http://i39.tinypic.com/2nav6o7.gif

#575 2012-04-15 00:54:59

Agentpieface
Scratcher

XenoK wrote:

Agentpieface wrote:

XenoK_Studios wrote:

lovely.

it's true

http://media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lr7fywSZAG1qfj8fq.gif

Board footer