This is a read-only archive of the old Scratch 1.x Forums.
Try searching the current Scratch discussion forums.

#226 2011-12-09 06:14:06

Paddle2See
Scratch Team

Re: Links to Member-created Websites

Venazard wrote:

Venazard wrote:

Is my site Nitro Studios ok? I didn't see any requirements in the post about it being popular, but my site has been in existence for just over three months, and no chat rooms. Forums are ok if there is a moderator, correct? I check the forums all the time. Does this pass?

It looks very nice!  It would probably be a good idea to include some kind of posting policy in your forums though, to say what is or isn't allowed so people know where the boundaries are.  I'll add your site to the list now but I hope you give that suggestion some thought.

http://i39.tinypic.com/2nav6o7.gif

#227 2011-12-09 15:14:30

Venazard
Scratcher

Paddle2See wrote:

Venazard wrote:

Venazard wrote:

Is my site Nitro Studios ok? I didn't see any requirements in the post about it being popular, but my site has been in existence for just over three months, and no chat rooms. Forums are ok if there is a moderator, correct? I check the forums all the time. Does this pass?

It looks very nice!  It would probably be a good idea to include some kind of posting policy in your forums though, to say what is or isn't allowed so people know where the boundaries are.  I'll add your site to the list now but I hope you give that suggestion some thought.

Will do. Just happy my website got approved.  big_smile

http://nitrostudios.weebly.com/uploads/6/8/1/2/6812574/1323469851.png

#228 2011-12-11 18:29:52

SJRCS_011
Scratcher

I have a question.
What if a website was in existence for three months, got deleted for inactivity by the host due to the fact that it couldn't get members, and was remade on another domain, with another host, with good moderation policies throughout?
In addition, can an approved site host other Scratcher's sites (only Scratcher's sites; not others) as a sub-domain?

Last edited by SJRCS_011 (2011-12-12 17:39:12)

http://i.imgur.com/vQqtH.png
Learning to Program in a Nutshell:  "You're missing a closing parentheses" - LS97

#229 2011-12-12 17:18:41

456bingo123
Scratcher

I was wondering if I could post my website. We DO have a forum, but it has a word filter, and Moderators, to keep bad things out. Website

Last edited by 456bingo123 (2011-12-12 17:20:51)

My username is now elfin8er! I will not be using this account any more!! ELF OS! (Community Collab)

#230 2011-12-17 14:18:52

ngamer
Scratcher

Is this website allowed [link removed - please use the Report button for the site link] just wondering I check my website daily to see if something new happened.If it is allowed then that's great.And don't look at the video's some are like for some ages but not much people look at it.

Last edited by Paddle2See (2011-12-20 21:20:31)

http://i1100.photobucket.com/albums/g416/Agentpieface/ngamer.png

#231 2011-12-19 13:30:39

KreditMe
New Scratcher

Though the discussion board its keep usually are not a lot of us, as the forum's devised for Scratchers, although won't have Scratchers for that reason?

#232 2011-12-19 13:31:58

henley
Scratcher

SJRCS_011 wrote:

I have a question.
What if a website was in existence for three months, got deleted for inactivity by the host due to the fact that it couldn't get members, and was remade on another domain, with another host, with good moderation policies throughout?
In addition, can an approved site host other Scratcher's sites (only Scratcher's sites; not others) as a sub-domain?

Has the new site been in existence for 3 months?

"I've worked so hard for you and you give me nothing in return. Do you need help... Or do I?"

#233 2011-12-19 14:15:49

ngamer
Scratcher

my website has been in existence for 6 months and I'm still trying to get 10 members or more

#234 2011-12-19 15:04:49

henley
Scratcher

Venazard wrote:

Ok, thanks for that really long post. If you want to suggest your site, put it in a Report message.

Who are you talking to?

"I've worked so hard for you and you give me nothing in return. Do you need help... Or do I?"

#235 2011-12-19 18:20:10

Paddle2See
Scratch Team

456bingo123 wrote:

I was wondering if I could post my website. We DO have a forum, but it has a word filter, and Moderators, to keep bad things out. Website

Sounds like a cool concept...I've done a bit of Geocaching IRL.  A couple of questions about your site though - have you had it up and running for 3 months or more?  And have you read the security recommendations document?

#236 2011-12-19 23:25:49

meowmeow55
Scratcher

I'd like for my site Total Concatenation to be approved. It's a site geared toward programmers and gamers, though its main attraction is the Minecraft server of the same name. The forum has been in existence since Oct. 17, 2010, but the site was created a while before that.
The site also hosts some of the BYOB blocks for sparks's block library (though the uploader for the librarians appears to not be working at the moment, and a transfer to the new block library site is on hold as the new site is having MySQL problems).
A swear filter is in effect, and a block system filters out many spammers, with those who get through being promptly eliminated. I'm probably going to expand my moderation team soon, and maybe put in some slightly more restrictive rules to weed out the most obvious problematic users.
The forum is pretty much most of the site currently, but I will add things on (however slowly it may occur) to the main site in the (probably not very near) future.

Yawn.

#237 2011-12-20 04:52:13

Paddle2See
Scratch Team

meowmeow55 wrote:

I'd like for my site Total Concatenation to be approved. It's a site geared toward programmers and gamers, though its main attraction is the Minecraft server of the same name. The forum has been in existence since Oct. 17, 2010, but the site was created a while before that.
The site also hosts some of the BYOB blocks for sparks's block library (though the uploader for the librarians appears to not be working at the moment, and a transfer to the new block library site is on hold as the new site is having MySQL problems).
A swear filter is in effect, and a block system filters out many spammers, with those who get through being promptly eliminated. I'm probably going to expand my moderation team soon, and maybe put in some slightly more restrictive rules to weed out the most obvious problematic users.
The forum is pretty much most of the site currently, but I will add things on (however slowly it may occur) to the main site in the (probably not very near) future.

Looks good - I've added it to the list!  Be sure you have reviewed the security recommendations before adding more moderation staff.

#238 2011-12-20 17:58:02

meowmeow55
Scratcher

Paddle2See wrote:

meowmeow55 wrote:

Looks good - I've added it to the list!  Be sure you have reviewed the security recommendations before adding more moderation staff.

Thank you  big_smile
And don't worry, I'm already very selective when choosing moderators, and I think I have most of the stuff in that list down.  smile
(I've seen that URL so many times I've memorized the topic ID XD)

Yawn.

#239 2011-12-20 21:18:17

Paddle2See
Scratch Team

ngamer wrote:

Is this website allowed [link removed - please use the Report button for the site link] just wondering I check my website daily to see if something new happened.If it is allowed then that's great.And don't look at the video's some are like for some ages but not much people look at it.

Interesting site! I have an issue with it though...reading your rules for the site, it sounds like you allow swear words.  One of the requirements for advertising on Scratch is that your site have values similar to the Scratch site, which is intended for viewers of all ages.  Links to sites with language not appropriate for all-ages is not something we want advertised on Scratch, sorry. 

Also, we ask that sites be at least three months old before they apply - I couldn't find any forum posts older than a month.  If you want to think about changing your language rules and applying again in a few months, we would be happy to take another look.

#240 2011-12-20 21:54:22

golfclubs
New Scratcher

I think (Better to ask the scratch team) if the content is Scratch appropriate then sure but don't be too spammy about it. The linked sites should benifit the Scratch community in some way.

#241 2011-12-21 03:53:49

scimonster
Community Moderator

Let me just remind myself, if my site has no forum stuff, just content, I'm allowed to advertise it here, right?
Also, since I'll put some Google Ads on, which I can earn a bit from, it's not commercial spamming if I post it here, right?  neutral

#242 2011-12-21 04:02:32

ngamer
Scratcher

Oh the forums yes I put the forums page a month ago so you don't know how old it is.Look at the blogs of my website they say July.I got rid of swear words and put up a rule that you can't swear.Remember the website is called http://therandomthingoffun.webs.com/

Last edited by ngamer (2011-12-21 04:05:47)

#243 2011-12-21 04:03:51

ngamer
Scratcher

scimonster wrote:

Let me just remind myself, if my site has no forum stuff, just content, I'm allowed to advertise it here, right?
Also, since I'll put some Google Ads on, which I can earn a bit from, it's not commercial spamming if I post it here, right?  neutral

Your allowed forums but you need to check them a lot and make sure your website is secure

#244 2011-12-21 04:26:04

scimonster
Community Moderator

ngamer wrote:

scimonster wrote:

Your allowed forums but you need to check them a lot and make sure your website is secure

I don't need a forum on my site.  tongue  Just a contact and donate button.  tongue

#245 2011-12-21 05:19:54

Paddle2See
Scratch Team

ngamer wrote:

Oh the forums yes I put the forums page a month ago so you don't know how old it is.Look at the blogs of my website they say July.I got rid of swear words and put up a rule that you can't swear.Remember the website is called http://therandomthingoffun.webs.com/

Okay, I've added it to the list  smile

scimonster wrote:

Right, if it's a simple site that doesn't allow a lot of content creation by the viewers, you don't need permission.  But be careful about the advertising...if it looks like the primary purpose of the website is to make you money, we will consider it commercial spam and take it down.  We don't allow commercial advertising anywhere on Scratch.

SJRCS_011 wrote:

I have a question.

I think we would still want the site to have some experience on the new domain - so the three month rule would still apply.  As for hosting other sites with sub-domains, I don't see any reason why you couldn't do that - but each site would still be considered independently as far as having the right to advertise on Scratch, since I'm assuming that they would each be run by different people and might have different content policies.

#246 2011-12-21 07:24:58

SJRCS_011
Scratcher

Well, I would have a policy saying you can't have forums because you wouldn't have enough space (most likely), as they would only have 20MB of space.

Anyways, thanks for the answer, Paddle

http://i.imgur.com/vQqtH.png
Learning to Program in a Nutshell:  "You're missing a closing parentheses" - LS97

#247 2011-12-21 08:36:14

scimonster
Community Moderator

Paddle2See wrote:

scimonster wrote:

Right, if it's a simple site that doesn't allow a lot of content creation by the viewers, you don't need permission.  But be careful about the advertising...if it looks like the primary purpose of the website is to make you money, we will consider it commercial spam and take it down.  We don't allow commercial advertising anywhere on Scratch.

The main purpose is to allow typing in other languages, and that's the focus of the site. I won't fill it with ads (I'm sure other people hate 'em as much as I do), just a couple on the side. I'm sure some other sites that are approved have some ads, right?
In addition, if, for some reason, Google links to an inappropriate site, I'll ask them to remove that ad from my site.  smile

#248 2011-12-21 11:33:05

zippynk
Scratcher

If people can send private comments (nobody else can see them) to the person who created the website, is that OK?

https://dl.dropbox.com/u/60598636/trifocal_interlude_soundcloud_button.png

#249 2011-12-21 11:54:15

ngamer
Scratcher

zippynk wrote:

If people can send private comments (nobody else can see them) to the person who created the website, is that OK?

Yes

#250 2011-12-21 12:09:51

wolvesstar97
Scratcher

Can you check my website? === Theres a link in my signature (hadnt read this before I made my sig)

https://dl.dropbox.com/u/33551365/psyko.png

Board footer