This is a read-only archive of the old Scratch 1.x Forums.
Try searching the current Scratch discussion forums.

#151 2011-06-22 16:57:18

GirWaffles64
Scratcher

Re: Those of Us Who Side With Namco: A petition

higejolly wrote:

I have half of a mind to sue Namco. So, no. And this is flamebait.

Yep, you do have half a mind XD

I mean, I hate namco. But one child vs. Namco? Not good  tongue

Someone else should do the suing. And you and I will sit back and support  big_smile

hey kiddoes i'm back

#152 2011-06-22 16:57:47

scratch_yoshi
Scratcher

johndo77 wrote:

scratch_yoshi wrote:

johndo77 wrote:

DAHHAHAHHA! So you have 5 supporters, and one is on both sides?

It's THE LAW, that projects like this don't have to be taken down. And to the supporters, how would you like it if every project you make is taken down by some company?

In the alternate universe where this is okay:
Scratch_Yoshi, I see you like Ace Attorney. Too bad, Capcom took your projects down.
Somelia, Nintendo raided your forum topics.
Kimmy123, something something Portal. (Valve is so above that though)

And don't get me wrong, I love Namco, but I don't see why they would do this. I don't see any other companies taking down Scratch projects.
You've been lawyered

Read my post above.
AND I DON'T HAVE CAPITOLS!!

So what you're saying is that there's a fine line between copying a game and, uhhhh, using it's characters, and it happens to be at the exact point so that everything you say is right?

And what do you mean by "i don't have capitols?" I think you spelled credentials wrong, like people on Namco's side have none? AHAHAHAHAHAHA

So what you're saying is that there's a fine line between copying a game and, uhhhh, using it's characters, and it happens to be at the exact point so that everything you say is right?

Did you read the entire post?

And what do you mean by "i don't have capitols?" I think you spelled credentials wrong, like people on Namco's side have none? AHAHAHAHAHAHA

[in GLaDOS slow voice]In my name, dummy.

Last edited by scratch_yoshi (2011-06-22 17:01:27)

Retired from Scratch, but just the language itself. Not the forums.

#153 2011-06-22 16:58:18

somelia
Scratcher

3DSfan12345 wrote:

MaxtheWeirdo wrote:

somelia wrote:

Actually...put me on both petitions! I support both sides!

I am never going to be in debate. -_-

Actually, a good debate class will assign you a side. You don't get to debate for what you believe in, you debate for the assigned side.

@somelia WIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
@MaxTheExtremeWeirdo:FAIL!!!!!!!!!!!!!

How is me never being in debate win? I personally think it's epicfailish.

#154 2011-06-22 17:02:37

higejolly
Scratcher

GirWaffles64 wrote:

higejolly wrote:

Someone else should do the suing. And you and I will sit back and support  big_smile

Now the other half is telling me to blow up your house. I'm not alone! I have all these people on my side!
EDIT: Not about blowing your house up.

Last edited by higejolly (2011-06-22 17:03:04)

http://www.free-iqtest.net/images/badges2/l102.gif
Free-IQTest.net - IQ Test

#155 2011-06-22 17:17:05

GirWaffles64
Scratcher

higejolly wrote:

GirWaffles64 wrote:

higejolly wrote:

Now the other half is telling me to blow up your house. I'm not alone! I have all these people on my side!
EDIT: Not about blowing your house up.

Why blow up my house? I agree with you!

You just might not get treated as seriously as an adult or MIT member would

hey kiddoes i'm back

#156 2011-06-22 20:14:11

johndo77
Scratcher

scratch_yoshi wrote:

Did you read the entire post?

You mean this one? http://scratch.mit.edu/forums/viewtopic … 32#p806532? Yeah, of course I read it.
So the difference between your projects and whats-his-names projects is that Namco CARES??? You're pro-namco because they care if kids make fan games? And Namco wasn't losing any money from the Scratch project. It's not like someone would play a Scratch game instead of the real thing. The least the project was doing was giving Namco some publicity!

scratch_yoshi wrote:

[in GLaDOS slow voice]In my name, dummy.

I have no idea what you're talking about, DUMMY. Don't call people dummy.

Crizapples

#157 2011-06-22 22:26:45

helltank
Scratcher

I support scratch_yoshi.

He's absolutely right!

Everything copyrighted MUST be taken down....

...including his stick court, which is obviously from Ace Attorney. After all, Fair Use doesn't apply, right?

trollface.jpg
/thread

Error:Signature could not load. Please wait for an indefinite amount of time, until you realize you're gullible and go off to look for another potentially interesting signature to stare at.

#158 2011-06-22 22:33:56

GravityCatisalie
Scratcher

helltank wrote:

I support scratch_yoshi.

He's absolutely right!

...including his stick court, which is obviously from Ace Attorney. After all, Fair Use doesn't apply, right?

trollface.jpg
/thread

A little late... I already pointed that out.

#159 2011-06-22 22:34:00

scratch_yoshi
Scratcher

helltank wrote:

I support scratch_yoshi.

He's absolutely right!

trollface.jpg
/thread

I was happy at the "I support scratch_yoshi" part, then my patience faded at the rest. NAMCO IS OVERPROTECTIVE. JUST LIKE SOME PARENTS. WHY DOESN'T ANYONE GET THAT!?

#160 2011-06-22 22:45:17

cheddargirl
Scratch Team

scratch_yoshi wrote:

helltank wrote:

I support scratch_yoshi.

He's absolutely right!

trollface.jpg
/thread

I was happy at the "I support scratch_yoshi" part, then my patience faded at the rest. NAMCO IS OVERPROTECTIVE. JUST LIKE SOME PARENTS. WHY DOESN'T ANYONE GET THAT!?

We already know that; but overprotectiveness isn't the issue here. Those against Namco-Bandai are saying Namco-Bandai's overprotectedness reaction over the Pac-man project has no base in this case since there's points showing that the removed Pac-Man program doesn't pose a threat at all.

It's kind of like someone being overprotective of his health. If he gets a major cut on his arm, his fear for his health is justified, but if he is screaming and claiming that a paper cut will immediately kill him, that is silly. Likewise, if Namco-Bandai sees an exact copy of Pac-Man that everyone can download without paying, sending a DCMA notice is reasonable, but since they're making a big fuss over a Scratch project that shows no proof of causing some kind of financial loss on their part, they're being silly.

Last edited by cheddargirl (2011-06-22 22:54:55)

http://i.imgur.com/8QRYx.png
Everything is better when you add a little cheddar, because when you have cheese your life is at ease  smile

#161 2011-06-22 23:00:26

scratch_yoshi
Scratcher

cheddargirl wrote:

scratch_yoshi wrote:

helltank wrote:

I support scratch_yoshi.

He's absolutely right!

trollface.jpg
/thread

We already know that; but overprotectiveness isn't the issue here. Those against Namco-Bandai are saying Namco-Bandai's overprotectedness reaction over the Pac-man project has no base in this case since there's points showing that the removed Pac-Man program doesn't pose a threat at all.

It's kind of like someone being overprotective of his health. If he gets a major cut on his arm, his fear for his health is justified, but if he is screaming and claiming that a paper cut will immediately kill him, that is silly. Likewise, if Namco-Bandai sees an exact copy of Pac-Man that everyone can download without paying, sending a DCMA notice is reasonable, but since they're making a big fuss over a Scratch project that shows no proof of causing some kind of financial loss on their part, they're being silly.

I guess you do make some good points there.

I'm still a bit ticked about the dumb CEO incident.

#162 2011-06-22 23:05:52

cheddargirl
Scratch Team

scratch_yoshi wrote:

cheddargirl wrote:

scratch_yoshi wrote:

I guess you do make some good points there.

I'm still a bit ticked about the dumb CEO incident.

Yeah I saw that. Whenever someone uses a proxy to hide his/her identity and cause problems, it sometimes causes people to start pointing fingers as to who is who.  hmm

http://i.imgur.com/8QRYx.png
Everything is better when you add a little cheddar, because when you have cheese your life is at ease  smile

#163 2011-06-23 03:03:59

helltank
Scratcher

scratch_yoshi wrote:

helltank wrote:

I support scratch_yoshi.

He's absolutely right!

trollface.jpg
/thread

Those parents usually get dissed off in internet forums.

Just like Namco.

big_smile
I'm glad you've finally turned away from the dark side.

Error:Signature could not load. Please wait for an indefinite amount of time, until you realize you're gullible and go off to look for another potentially interesting signature to stare at.

#164 2011-06-23 07:52:23

sanddude
Scratcher

cheddargirl wrote:

scratch_yoshi wrote:

helltank wrote:

I support scratch_yoshi.

He's absolutely right!

trollface.jpg
/thread

Exactly.

http://www.bronyland.com/images/quiz/banner_rainbowdash.jpg

#165 2011-06-25 16:34:34

wiimaster
Scratcher

Count me in, now. I've made my decision.

http://i584.photobucket.com/albums/ss286/wiimaster1/Wiimaster_zps107dca4c.gif

#166 2011-06-25 16:39:17

somelia
Scratcher

Take me off this list too, The whole situation is silly and I have no clue why everyone is arguing.

#167 2011-06-25 16:48:11

wiimaster
Scratcher

Count me out now, I agree with above

http://i584.photobucket.com/albums/ss286/wiimaster1/Wiimaster_zps107dca4c.gif

#168 2011-06-25 16:57:33

scratch_yoshi
Scratcher

helltank wrote:

scratch_yoshi wrote:

helltank wrote:

I support scratch_yoshi.

He's absolutely right!

trollface.jpg
/thread

Those parents usually get dissed off in internet forums.

Just like Namco.

big_smile
I'm glad you've finally turned away from the dark side.

Which side's the dark one?  tongue

#169 2011-07-11 10:25:46

pokeywokey
Scratcher

scratch_yoshi wrote:

SeptimusHeap wrote:

Earthboundjeff wrote:

Fair Use.
Namco had no right. Copyright doesn't apply here. It's eduactional nature lets it have fair use.
Also, IT WAS A LITTLE KID. Do you walk up to a baby and yank it's bottle away and yell at it? No. You don't.

Better example:

Do you snatch a little kid's drawing of pac-man away when he's showing it to his friends?

Even BETTER example:

If you see someone has copied or forged something of yours, do you snatch it? YES.

Best example: If you create something, and people use it to help teach little kids, and now all the kids consider you as their role model, do you rip up the kids versions of your creation, NO! Unless, if your namco or scratch yoshi.  mad   mad   mad   mad   mad   mad   mad   mad   mad   mad   mad   mad   mad   mad   mad   mad   mad   mad   mad   mad   mad   mad   mad   mad   mad   mad   mad   mad   mad   mad   mad   mad   mad   mad   mad   mad   mad   mad   mad   mad   mad   mad   mad   mad   mad   mad   mad   mad   mad   mad   mad   mad   mad   mad   mad   mad   mad   mad   mad   mad   mad   mad   mad   mad   mad   mad   mad   mad   mad   mad   mad   mad   mad   mad   mad   mad   mad   mad   mad   mad   mad   mad   mad   mad   mad   mad   mad   mad   mad   mad   mad   mad   mad   mad   mad   mad   mad   mad   mad   mad

http://fc07.deviantart.net/fs22/f/2008/002/f/f/Flying_Spaghetti_Monster_by_Deviant_Care.jpg

#170 2011-07-11 11:23:33

fire219
Scratcher

pokeywokey wrote:

scratch_yoshi wrote:

SeptimusHeap wrote:

Better example:

Do you snatch a little kid's drawing of pac-man away when he's showing it to his friends?

Even BETTER example:

If you see someone has copied or forged something of yours, do you snatch it? YES.

Best example: If you create something, and people use it to help teach little kids, and now all the kids consider you as their role model, do you rip up the kids versions of your creation, NO! Unless, if your namco or scratch yoshi.  mad   mad   mad   mad   mad   mad   mad   mad   mad   mad   mad   mad   mad   mad   mad   mad   mad   mad   mad   mad   mad   mad   mad   mad   mad   mad   mad   mad   mad   mad   mad   mad   mad   mad   mad   mad   mad   mad   mad   mad   mad   mad   mad   mad   mad   mad   mad   mad   mad   mad   mad   mad   mad   mad   mad   mad   mad   mad   mad   mad   mad   mad   mad   mad   mad   mad   mad   mad   mad   mad   mad   mad   mad   mad   mad   mad   mad   mad   mad   mad   mad   mad   mad   mad   mad   mad   mad   mad   mad   mad   mad   mad   mad   mad   mad   mad   mad   mad   mad   mad

Necropost. Everyone has given up on the arguing, the Namco lovers are too stubborn to understand the truth.

http://bluetetrarpg.x10.mx/usercard/img.php?name=fire219

#171 2011-07-11 11:36:20

08jackt
Scratcher

if nintendo came along and did the same thing we'd suddenly be left with 5 scratch projects and 20 flash games.

http://i39.tinypic.com/jgtswi.png

#172 2011-07-11 11:39:25

sanddude
Scratcher

08jackt wrote:

if nintendo came along and did the same thing we'd suddenly be left with 5 scratch projects and 20 flash games.

+1.

http://www.bronyland.com/images/quiz/banner_rainbowdash.jpg

#173 2011-07-11 13:13:32

lilacfuzz101
Scratcher

sanddude wrote:

08jackt wrote:

+1.

+1

http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lzqaicLrY01r5wdo7o1_500.gif

#174 2011-07-11 13:35:15

fire219
Scratcher

lilacfuzz101 wrote:

sanddude wrote:

08jackt wrote:

+1.

+1

+1

http://bluetetrarpg.x10.mx/usercard/img.php?name=fire219

#175 2011-07-11 14:02:27

martianshark
Scratcher

fire219 wrote:

lilacfuzz101 wrote:

sanddude wrote:

+1.

+1

+1

+1

http://img.geocaching.com/stats/img.aspx?txt=martianshark&uid=e6cdc2c8-2476-4abd-9994-27f857396579&bg=1

Board footer