This is a read-only archive of the old Scratch 1.x Forums.
Try searching the current Scratch discussion forums.

#1 2011-04-19 11:55:12

Seven800
New Scratcher

Hi I new to this programming stuff.  I used Alice for awhile but scratch is something I like to try.  I was hoping someone could help me get the basic design down for making Pokemon game project.  if someone can point to were I can download the spirits, templates, and other stuff would be helpful. I wanted to just have the user control a character and create the opening of the pokemon game.  have him go inside and you choose one of three pokemon and then you battle your rival who also walks in.  I have a small idea which scripts to choose but hoping some of you can help.  Also I wanted to have a cut scene of animation when you click on a move.  sorry for long message but really hoping I can learn some stuff

#2 2011-04-19 20:22:15

kingofdallamas
Scratcher

Re: Newbie

Welcome to Scratch!  big_smile  For downloading sprites, you can export and import from other projects that have those sprites you are looking for. Templates could be used for backgrounds, and you can just simply click edit on background and import from there.

I'm not sure what you mean by user control, but you should make the sprite in which the user directs have the scripts of a maze-like game. For example,

<when green flag clicked>
<forever>
<if><key[ right arrow ]pressed?>
<change x by( 5
<else>
<if><touching[ black
<change x by( -5

And, similar scripts for the other controls of left, up and down, just varying with the y and x axis. The user can then direct its sprite to the entrance, and then when the other sprite senses the distance of the main sprite with it is a Certain number, then say "choose pokemon" Then, have other three pokemon appear, and when one of the pokemon is clicked, set variable pokemon to <whatever the name of the pokemon is>. Once that is finished, you will have other scripts sense the variable of pokemon and conduct the rest. That's just an overview and how I would do it. There are other multiple ways, too.  big_smile  I hope this helps!

http://i853.photobucket.com/albums/ab99/Gilgamesh1192/Ninja%20Saga/ElementalJutsus2.gifhttp://i27.photobucket.com/albums/c192/BoomKaTish/GIF/thgfhgfhfhgf.gif
ハロー友だち!

Board footer