This is a read-only archive of the old Scratch 1.x Forums.
Try searching the current Scratch discussion forums.

#1101 2011-05-31 09:56:33

scimonster
Community Moderator

Re: ITopic: Welcome to your local block library!

Hardmath123 wrote:

YourLocalBlockLib wrote:

.                              http://welcometoyourlocalblocklibrary.w … 223741.gif

Scratch blocks added: [1]
http://megamod.weebly.com/uploads/7/1/5 … 925713.gif By jslomba

Update carried out by block librarian: TheSuccessor
________________________________________________________________________________
^home
^updates archive

Can you add {made with Scramble} below it? Because it was...

How do you know it was?
And I don't think we need to. ^^
EDIT: Whoa, you just got the 1100th post on this topic!

Last edited by scimonster (2011-05-31 09:57:00)

#1102 2011-05-31 10:08:07

Hardmath123
Scratcher

scimonster wrote:

Hardmath123 wrote:

YourLocalBlockLib wrote:

.                              http://welcometoyourlocalblocklibrary.w … 223741.gif

________________________________________________________________________________
^home
^updates archive

How do you know it was?

The call is Anmat:Anmat:..., which is exactly how Scramble puts it. Just add 'A Scramble block' below it.

Code:

[url=http://scratch.mit.edu/forums/viewtopic.php?id=63753][color=grey]A Scramble block[/color][/url]

A Scramble block

Last edited by Hardmath123 (2011-05-31 10:10:50)

Hardmaths-MacBook-Pro:~ Hardmath$ sudo make $(whoami) a sandwich

#1103 2011-05-31 10:15:38

scimonster
Community Moderator

Hardmath123 wrote:

scimonster wrote:

Hardmath123 wrote:

How do you know it was?

The call is Anmat:Anmat:..., which is exactly how Scramble puts it. Just add 'A Scramble block' below it.

Code:

[url=http://scratch.mit.edu/forums/viewtopic.php?id=63753][color=grey]A Scramble block[/color][/url]

A Scramble block

Oh.
@Librarians: Should we?

#1104 2011-05-31 12:20:45

meowmeow55
Scratcher

scimonster wrote:

Hardmath123 wrote:

scimonster wrote:

How do you know it was?

Code:

A Scramble block

Oh.

It's only fair. It was made with Hardmath's program, so he should get some credit. And what logical person would name their method with the same abbreviation over and over?  tongue

Yawn.

#1105 2011-05-31 12:26:36

scimonster
Community Moderator

meowmeow55 wrote:

scimonster wrote:

Hardmath123 wrote:

Code:

A Scramble block

Oh.

It's only fair. It was made with Hardmath's program, so he should get some credit. And what logical person would name their method with the same abbreviation over and over?  tongue

OK, you can do it.

#1106 2011-05-31 12:42:40

meowmeow55
Scratcher

scimonster wrote:

meowmeow55 wrote:

scimonster wrote:

Oh.

OK, you can do it.

Done.

Yawn.

#1107 2011-05-31 15:35:55

jslomba
Scratcher

Hardmath123 wrote:

YourLocalBlockLib wrote:

^home
^updates archive

sorry, I forgot to add that.

the the the the the

#1108 2011-05-31 16:29:33

jslomba
Scratcher

I have another new block for sensing that I made with scramble:
http://megamod.weebly.com/uploads/7/1/5/6/7156046/2101120.gif?186

blockspec:

Code:

('sprite information' #r #sprIn)

code:

Code:

sprIn
| t9 t8 t7 t6 t5 t4 t3 t2 t1 |

t1_ self xpos.
t2_ self ypos.
t3_ self heading.
t4 _ self penSize.
t5 _ self isHidden.
t1_ 'x position: ' , t1.
t2_ 'y position: ' , t2.
t3_ 'direction: ' , t3.
t4_ 'pen size: ' , t4.
t5_ 'hidden?: ' , t5.
t1_ ' ' , t1.
t2_ ' ' , t2.
t3_ ' ' , t3.
t4_ ' ' , t4.
t5_ ' ' , t5.
t6_ t1 , t2.
t7_ t3 , t4.
t8_ t7 , t5.
t9_ t6 , t8.
^ t9

what it does: reports the sprite's information

Last edited by jslomba (2011-05-31 16:35:12)

the the the the the

#1109 2011-05-31 18:16:18

sparks
Community Moderator

Considering the amount of time we have put into categorising, labelling and displaying blocks including how-to tutorials and help topics means to me that the Block Library is all about sharing blocks and making the creation and use of those blocks as easy as possible. Scramble is a system that makes Scratch block creation that much easier. It is also created by Hardmath, who has been a contributor here for some time. For these reasons I would say that the library should support Scramble is a system. I would certainly like to see Scramble become more developed as it is a little limiting at the moment but I can see it going far!

http://img541.imageshack.us/img541/7563/scratchbetabanner.png

#1110 2011-05-31 18:29:04

jman13
Scratcher

Is there a Cube Of: block? if not, here it is:
http://i51.tinypic.com/2nls1ls.jpg

Last edited by jman13 (2011-05-31 18:29:52)

#1111 2011-06-01 03:59:20

scimonster
Community Moderator

sparks wrote:

Considering the amount of time we have put into categorising, labelling and displaying blocks including how-to tutorials and help topics means to me that the Block Library is all about sharing blocks and making the creation and use of those blocks as easy as possible. Scramble is a system that makes Scratch block creation that much easier. It is also created by Hardmath, who has been a contributor here for some time. For these reasons I would say that the library should support Scramble is a system. I would certainly like to see Scramble become more developed as it is a little limiting at the moment but I can see it going far!

I agree.

#1112 2011-06-01 04:26:20

YourLocalBlockLib
Scratcher

jman13 wrote:

Is there a Cube Of: block? if not, here it is:
http://i51.tinypic.com/2nls1ls.jpg

Queued. ~sci

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/6273449/BlockLibraryTitle.png

#1113 2011-06-01 06:19:21

Hardmath123
Scratcher

sparks wrote:

Thanks you Sparks!

I'd also like to make one more request...

Scramble 2.0, releasing soon, will have a 'custom blocks' function, where you can add custom blocks to your copy of Scramble, and use them over and over in your blocks (they may be saved using cookies, that's still under development). Basically, you input a scrambleSpec and a scrambleScript (1 line and 10-ish lines, respectively), that Scramble uses to produce blocks.
I was wondering if you could add a Scramble Commands Library. It doesn't need to be <i>nearly</i> as fancy, because a) blocks don't have to be categorized, they all go under Custom Blocks, b) blocks don't need images, just text, and c) well... here's how I can imagine a mockup:

Square root
What it does: sets a variable to its square root.

Code:

<br><input type="radio" name="commands" value="sqrt" onclick="setBlockVal(this.value)">Square root

Code:

if (blockName=="sqrt")
    {
        tempInputA=prompt("Enter a Temporary variable to square root.")
        document.getElementById("currentBlock").value=tempInputA+"_ "+tempInputA+" raisedTo: 0.5."
        document.getElementById("currentBlockSimple").value="Set "+tempInputA+" to "+tempInputA+"s square root."
    }

{tested}

Joeman592 can make all the graphics you need. Also, you only need to use 1 page!
What do you think?

Last edited by Hardmath123 (2011-06-01 06:20:39)

#1114 2011-06-01 06:30:32

sparks
Community Moderator

Hardmath123 wrote:

sparks wrote:

Thanks you Sparks!

Scramble 2.0, releasing soon, will have a 'custom blocks' function, where you can add custom blocks to your copy of Scramble, and use them over and over in your blocks (they may be saved using cookies, that's still under development). Basically, you input a scrambleSpec and a scrambleScript (1 line and 10-ish lines, respectively), that Scramble uses to produce blocks.
I was wondering if you could add a Scramble Commands Library. It doesn't need to be <i>nearly</i> as fancy, because a) blocks don't have to be categorized, they all go under Custom Blocks, b) blocks don't need images, just text, and c) well... here's how I can imagine a mockup:

Square root

Code:

<br><input type="radio" name="commands" value="sqrt" onclick="setBlockVal(this.value)">Square root

Code:

if (blockName=="sqrt")
    {
        document.getElementById("currentBlock").value=tempInputA+"_ "+tempInputA+" raisedTo: 0.5."
        document.getElementById("currentBlockSimple").value="Set "+tempInputA+" to "+tempInputA+"s square root."
    }

{tested}

Joeman592 can make all the graphics you need. Also, you only need to use 1 page!
What do you think?

Hey Hardmath. Perhaps this single page may go better in part of the Scramble thread? I think I'd be happy to link to it from here but it seems silly that you'd have to ask us every time you want to add something? If it's on your thread you can update and change it yourself as well as spend as much or as little time on it as you like  smile
You could even post a "block library update" post here whenever (a) new block(s) are added so that people are aware that the Scramble section exists? I'm assuming that the other librarians agree with this but lets see what they think  smile

Last edited by sparks (2011-06-01 06:30:50)

#1115 2011-06-01 06:36:10

scimonster
Community Moderator

sparks wrote:

Hardmath123 wrote:

sparks wrote:

Thanks you Sparks!

Square root

Code:

Code:

if (blockName=="sqrt")
    {
    }

{tested}

What do you think?

Hey Hardmath. Perhaps this single page may go better in part of the Scramble thread? I think I'd be happy to link to it from here but it seems silly that you'd have to ask us every time you want to add something? If it's on your thread you can update and change it yourself as well as spend as much or as little time on it as you like  smile
You could even post a "block library update" post here whenever (a) new block(s) are added so that people are aware that the Scramble section exists? I'm assuming that the other librarians agree with this but lets see what they think  smile

Yeah, I agree.  smile
BTW, Hardmath, you should end your input tag.  wink
EDIT: And you used the <i> tags instead of [i].  tongue

Last edited by scimonster (2011-06-01 06:37:09)

#1116 2011-06-01 06:41:54

Hardmath123
Scratcher

scimonster wrote:

sparks wrote:

Hardmath123 wrote:

sparks wrote:

Thanks you Sparks!

What do you think?

Yeah, I agree.  smile
BTW, Hardmath, you should end your input tag.  wink
EDIT: And you used the <i> tags instead of [i].  tongue

That sounds fine—I'll make a new thread called 'Scramble Block Library'. Thanks for letting me

sparks wrote:

You could even post a "block library update" post here whenever (a) new block(s) are added so that people are aware that the Scramble section exists?

#1117 2011-06-01 06:46:07

scimonster
Community Moderator

Hardmath123 wrote:

That sounds fine—I'll make a new thread called 'Scramble Block Library'. Thanks for letting me

sparks wrote:

You could even post a "block library update" post here whenever (a) new block(s) are added so that people are aware that the Scramble section exists?

You didn't have to get our permission.  tongue

#1118 2011-06-01 08:17:28

Hardmath123
Scratcher

I know... but I didn't want to be a mini-Librarian (my variation of a mini-mod...)

#1119 2011-06-01 08:44:28

scimonster
Community Moderator

Hardmath123 wrote:

I know... but I didn't want to be a mini-Librarian (my variation of a mini-mod...)

I actually hoped you could be a mini-Librarian.  smile

#1120 2011-06-01 12:57:30

YourLocalBlockLib
Scratcher

.                              http://welcometoyourlocalblocklibrary.weebly.com/uploads/7/1/1/0/7110842/292223741.gif

BYOB blocks added: [2]
http://i.imgur.com/H1gBK.gif By Jman13
http://i.imgur.com/zoSCw.gif by SSBBM

Other updates: [2]
New BYOB block contributor: Jman13
Separated the massive BYOB operator page in to math and non-math.

Update carried out by block librarian: SSBBM
^home
^updates archive

Last edited by YourLocalBlockLib (2011-06-01 13:42:07)

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/6273449/BlockLibraryTitle.png

#1121 2011-06-01 13:44:54

rdococ
Scratcher

I want a Catch selection.
Only 1 more post is needed for Catch! -- you can fill it in at post #41.

#1122 2011-06-01 14:25:02

sparks
Community Moderator

Unless Catch blocks differ greatly enough from Panther, BYOB or Scratch blocks a new section will be unecessary - just like the other mods who asked. Sorry.

#1123 2011-06-01 16:16:24

rdococ
Scratcher

Well, Scramble has it's own block library, can I make a Catch! one then?
Also, Panther blocks do not dither greatly from Scratch blocks. All it has is using $ for inputs instead, and it can be made directly without hacking.

#1124 2011-06-01 16:24:35

rdococ
Scratcher

Or, propose a new method. Like Scramble, you put "made by Scramble" in the block, don't you?

Well then, for Catch! blocks, you would do "made by Catch!".

#1125 2011-06-01 18:18:34

sparks
Community Moderator

rdococ wrote:

Or, propose a new method. Like Scramble, you put "made by Scramble" in the block, don't you?

Well then, for Catch! blocks, you would do "made by Catch!".

I'm not sure you quite understand. Scramble is a system that you can use to make Scratch blocks, not a mod, which is why it has a section for usable processes, not blocks and we advertise the blocks as "made with Scramble" because the library want to make block sharing easier for users and so wish to promote the application. Panther blocks are similar to Scratch blocks but their layout and application differ quite a bit, especially as they can be downloaded directly into a project.

Can Catch blocks be added in a way dissimilar to any of the currently supported methods such as different code being required or different steps being taken? If not, Scratch blocks will work perfectly with Catch as they do for most mods.

Last edited by sparks (2011-06-01 18:19:41)

Board footer