This is a read-only archive of the old Scratch 1.x Forums.
Try searching the current Scratch discussion forums.

#10851 2013-04-10 19:24:34

ChadtheBuilder
Scratcher

Re: Minecraft Official Topic

geohendan wrote:

ChadtheBuilder wrote:

berberberber wrote:

Those hooves... It'd work if they were half a pixel wide, but right now it looks terrible.

Yeah, if the horses look anything like the ones in the 2.0 April Fools Video, I am going to be sick.

Images released as of now:

Horse with armor, attached to a fence post.
Horse without armor.

It looks better than I imagined it would. However, there are a few ways that could be vastly improved.

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/107729333/1360160765356.jpg

#10852 2013-04-10 20:04:00

SeptimusHeap
Scratcher

ChadtheBuilder wrote:

geohendan wrote:

ChadtheBuilder wrote:

Yeah, if the horses look anything like the ones in the 2.0 April Fools Video, I am going to be sick.

Images released as of now:

Horse with armor, attached to a fence post.
Horse without armor.

It looks better than I imagined it would. However, there are a few ways that could be vastly improved.

There better not be breeding. Breeds like ocelots, sure, but not Mo' Creatures breeding...

http://i46.tinypic.com/dw7zft.png

#10853 2013-04-10 20:36:54

slapperbob
Scratcher

Dinnerbone is adding a new feature called "regional difficulty". Basically, the longer you stay in one area, the harder the game gets...

http://img855.imageshack.us/img855/5771/63588659ff6a873m3.jpg

#10854 2013-04-11 04:10:17

PonyvilleSlugger
Scratcher

slapperbob wrote:

Dinnerbone is adding a new feature called "regional difficulty". Basically, the longer you stay in one area, the harder the game gets...

Basically, living underground will be even better.

I don't see how this could work in PvP, I hope it's an option.

♫ 8% of teens pretend to be morally superior due to the music they listen to. If you are one of the 92% of teens who don't, copy and paste this into your signature. ♫♪
http://i46.tinypic.com/waj11e.gif

#10855 2013-04-11 04:15:04

PonyvilleSlugger
Scratcher

geohendan wrote:

Bklecka wrote:

geohendan wrote:

Horses are actually being added to Minecraft. For reals this time.

I'm honestly disappointed because I don't think the fit in the game, but that's only my opinion  hmm

I'm not happy with them because they will have 0 uses other then Legend of Zelda maps  hmm

Well, you can ride them, so fast travel...

I'm pretty sure they carry stuff...

And, for the sick-minded, they're probably a good source of leather o.O

Pigs
Chestcarts
Cows

I'm honestly hoping horses have an actual use, like a cart that multiple people can ride at once being pulled by horses. It doesn't make sense to me that they'd add controllable pigs just to then add horses.

♫ 8% of teens pretend to be morally superior due to the music they listen to. If you are one of the 92% of teens who don't, copy and paste this into your signature. ♫♪
http://i46.tinypic.com/waj11e.gif

#10856 2013-04-11 17:09:53

slapperbob
Scratcher

PonyvilleSlugger wrote:

slapperbob wrote:

Basically, living underground will be even better.

I don't see how this could work in PvP, I hope it's an option.

Apparently it's not optional.

#10857 2013-04-12 18:13:59

geohendan
Scratcher

PonyvilleSlugger wrote:

Pigs
Chestcarts
Cows

Well then it's all of those three things combined into one!

I'm not necessarily saying horses are a good addition, I'm just saying they have lots of uses.

Also, on the pig thing, I'd have to agree with you on that one. Or, maybe horses will be hard to get and pigs will be a cheaper alternative. Also horses can wear armor and carry things, unlike pigs.

Last edited by geohendan (2013-04-12 18:15:54)

Scratching that nasty wart on my back since 2009!
http://i.imgur.com/OzpGtWV.jpg

#10858 2013-04-12 18:49:35

berberberber
Scratcher

Me and a freind were talking about how cool it'd be to traple mobs on a horse by jumping on them.

Horses would be more useful if the player weren't so fast, though.  Or if minecarts were faster.

http://i47.tinypic.com/2iaa73k.png

#10859 2013-04-12 19:36:30

poopo
Scratcher

Maybe if they added a temperature bar you could kill horses and get in them for warmth. That would give them purpose!

http://i45.tinypic.com/28rnqki.jpg

#10860 2013-04-13 09:15:57

Snowdrift
Scratcher

http://i49.tinypic.com/11984xw.jpg Ouch

#10861 2013-04-13 09:50:00

iaoumeur
Scratcher

I know I might be changing the subject, but I'm really interested in the minecraft retail disc. But I can't find any info on it. If anyone already knows or wants to find out the following that would help me a lot...

MOST IMPORTANT THING: If you bought an xbox from the uk and you wanted to buy the disc off a online store from the U.S would it work? If not then would there be any way to get it to?

-Will you get achievements?

-How will it receive updates? The whole point of it were for people who didn't have internet or xbox live

-Will the multiplayer split-screen (if there is one) have to play on a hd tv like the downloadable one? 

-When they say it will get all the newest updates does it mean the updates from the newest xbox update or the pc 1.5 update?

-If you install it to the hard drive like you can with games on xbox to reduce loading time and prevent it from over-heating. How much space will it take?

Anyone who can answer anyone of these questions would help me a lot, thanks.

Last edited by iaoumeur (2013-04-13 12:47:27)

The Dot 3 is out!!! Play it here!

#10862 2013-04-15 19:17:50

Epicness123
Scratcher

Im in a mineshaft!
Creepy music started playing!!!! HELP
http://i46.tinypic.com/adcgw6.jpg
(Me in armor so it goes away)

I am Epicness123,and I rock!

#10863 2013-04-15 19:32:52

epicepicman
Scratcher

iaoumeur wrote:

I know I might be changing the subject, but I'm really interested in the minecraft retail disc. But I can't find any info on it. If anyone already knows or wants to find out the following that would help me a lot...

MOST IMPORTANT THING: If you bought an xbox from the uk and you wanted to buy the disc off a online store from the U.S would it work? If not then would there be any way to get it to?

-How will it receive updates? The whole point of it were for people who didn't have internet or xbox live

-Will the multiplayer split-screen (if there is one) have to play on a hd tv like the downloadable one? 

-When they say it will get all the newest updates does it mean the updates from the newest xbox update or the pc 1.5 update?

-If you install it to the hard drive like you can with games on xbox to reduce loading time and prevent it from over-heating. How much space will it take?

No
Probably
Most likely still over the web
Probably
The newest  xbox update
Same as saving the download version to hard drive

I'm pretty sure it's exactly the same as the download version, only on a disk.

If you want something to do while Scratch is down, check out tbgs.tk! It's the new version of the (closed) Scratch TBGS, run by Scratchers! I'm going to spend most of my time there, anyway.

#10864 2013-04-15 20:50:38

soupoftomato
Scratcher

Epicness123 wrote:

Im in a mineshaft!

The creepy music, unless persistent, is called "Ambience" and it plays when you are near an empty underground area that is large enough, as a sort of intimidation/fright factor.

Dinnerbone is discussing adding seasons to the game with a year cycle.

Last edited by soupoftomato (2013-04-15 20:51:03)

I'm glad to think that the community will always be kind and helpful, the language will always be a fun and easy way to be introduced into programming, the motto will always be: Imagine, Program, Share - Nomolos

#10865 2013-04-15 23:07:09

ImagineIt
Scratcher

soupoftomato wrote:

Epicness123 wrote:

Im in a mineshaft!

The creepy music, unless persistent, is called "Ambience" and it plays when you are near an empty underground area that is large enough, as a sort of intimidation/fright factor.

Oh! I like that!

My opinion on horses is that I think that Mojang is creative enough to implement them well.

I like the idea of giving them armor, while pigs cannot have that.
This might be nice for faction servers where you need fast transportation, but need to avoid having your transportation being destroyed, where pigs can easily be killed, and minecart tracks destroyed.

I also like the idea that you can rope horses to fence posts. It's not too big, but it saves time from going into the pen, closing the gate, getting off the pig, and making sure it doesn't get through with you.

I'm hoping they'll add some sort of chest that a horse can carry too. That would be useful.

So overall, I like the idea of horses.

Last edited by ImagineIt (2013-04-15 23:07:56)

#10866 2013-04-16 07:49:43

Epicness123
Scratcher

ImagineIt wrote:

soupoftomato wrote:

Epicness123 wrote:

Im in a mineshaft!

Oh! I like that!

My opinion on horses is that I think that Mojang is creative enough to implement them well.

This might be nice for faction servers where you need fast transportation, but need to avoid having your transportation being destroyed, where pigs can easily be killed, and minecart tracks destroyed.

I also like the idea that you can rope horses to fence posts. It's not too big, but it saves time from going into the pen, closing the gate, getting off the pig, and making sure it doesn't get through with you.

I'm hoping they'll add some sort of chest that a horse can carry too. That would be useful.

When that music plays,I think Herobrine is nearby.

I am Epicness123,and I rock!

#10867 2013-04-16 09:33:18

Bklecka
Scratcher

Epicness123 wrote:

ImagineIt wrote:

soupoftomato wrote:

Oh! I like that!

You're kidding right.

http://i48.tinypic.com/106ijc9.jpg

#10868 2013-04-16 10:49:58

ImagineIt
Scratcher

Epicness123 wrote:

ImagineIt wrote:

soupoftomato wrote:

Oh! I like that!

I meant I liked the seasons but I guess the music is pretty cool too. >:D

#10869 2013-04-16 10:54:42

iaoumeur
Scratcher

epicepicman wrote:

iaoumeur wrote:

No
Probably
Most likely still over the web
Probably
The newest  xbox update
Same as saving the download version to hard drive

I'm pretty sure it's exactly the same as the download version, only on a disk.

Ok thank you!

The Dot 3 is out!!! Play it here!

#10870 2013-04-16 21:21:59

epicepicman
Scratcher

ImagineIt wrote:

soupoftomato wrote:

Epicness123 wrote:

Im in a mineshaft!

Oh! I like that!

My only problem with horses is that they make riding pigs useless. Maybe horses could spawn less frequently than pigs or something.

If you want something to do while Scratch is down, check out tbgs.tk! It's the new version of the (closed) Scratch TBGS, run by Scratchers! I'm going to spend most of my time there, anyway.

#10871 2013-04-16 22:18:38

ImagineIt
Scratcher

epicepicman wrote:

ImagineIt wrote:

soupoftomato wrote:

Oh! I like that!

My only problem with horses is that they make riding pigs useless. Maybe horses could spawn less frequently than pigs or something.

I'm pretty sure they'll do that.

#10872 2013-04-18 15:03:37

TheCatAndTheBanana
Scratcher

13w16a -

Horses
Carpets
Respiration aids underwater sight
Leads/Leashes
Hay bales
Horse armor
New launcher

My Newest Project!
Ceta? wat r u doin? CETA! STAHP!

#10873 2013-04-18 15:12:58

Bklecka
Scratcher

TheCatAndTheBanana wrote:

13w16a -

Horses
Carpets
Respiration aids underwater sight
Leads/Leashes
Hay bales
Horse armor
New launcher

Norton, Windows 8, AND Chrome are all telling me the launcher is a virus.

http://i48.tinypic.com/106ijc9.jpg

#10874 2013-04-18 15:16:33

Nomolos
Scratcher

Wait, horses are coming in a new update?  big_smile   big_smile   big_smile

Goodbye 1.4. I'll always remember you and treasure your awesomeness in my heart.
RIP 1.4: 2007-2013 *Sniffles* *Sobs* *Bursts into tears*

#10875 2013-04-18 17:51:15

slapperbob
Scratcher

Oh no... They're raising the requirements of OpenGL to 2.0. How do I know what version of OpenGL I have? I hope Minecraft will still work on my computer.  sad

Board footer