This is a read-only archive of the old Scratch 1.x Forums.
Try searching the current Scratch discussion forums.

#10776 2013-04-04 13:25:14

Bklecka
Scratcher

Re: Minecraft Official Topic

banana500 wrote:

DigiTechs wrote:

NoxSpooth wrote:

I think he's trying to say that Minecraft is not a good as people say, but he doesn't actually dislike it.

HOW?! How can Minecraft not be as good as people say?! Just go and watch direwolf20 on YouTube!

*cough*fanboy*cough*

Besides direwolf20 does Tekkit videos, not regular Minecraft. Those are mods.

Honestly though I found myself getting bored by Minecraft a lot and took a three month break. I don't play single player anymore, I only play on certain multiplayer servers, and I've moved on to other, better, more fun games (Ace of Spades, TF2, Planetside 2, etc.)

Nobody does tekkit anymore.

http://i48.tinypic.com/106ijc9.jpg

#10777 2013-04-04 13:25:30

DigiTechs
Scratcher

banana500 wrote:

DigiTechs wrote:

NoxSpooth wrote:

I think he's trying to say that Minecraft is not a good as people say, but he doesn't actually dislike it.

HOW?! How can Minecraft not be as good as people say?! Just go and watch direwolf20 on YouTube!

*cough*fanboy*cough*

Besides direwolf20 does ?£U$%£$ videos, not regular Minecraft. Those are mods.

Honestly though I found myself getting bored by Minecraft a lot and took a three month break. I don't play single player anymore, I only play on certain multiplayer servers, and I've moved on to other, better, more fun games (Ace of Spades, TF2, Planetside 2, etc.)

HOW COULD YOU USE THAT WORD! Everyone knows their illegal! Use FTB instead who are legal and are way better than ?HG£"$*&£ in variety of mods.

I'm back.
Maybe.

#10778 2013-04-04 13:25:40

soupoftomato
Scratcher

banana500 wrote:

DigiTechs wrote:

NoxSpooth wrote:

*cough*fanboy*cough*

I heard Ace of Spades went to (crud) when Jagex bought it.

But yeah, I used to play Minecraft solely for the multiplayer but the servers I like are really hard to find now. EVERYTHING is factions or roleplay now,  hmm

I'm glad to think that the community will always be kind and helpful, the language will always be a fun and easy way to be introduced into programming, the motto will always be: Imagine, Program, Share - Nomolos

#10779 2013-04-04 13:28:00

banana500
Scratcher

soupoftomato wrote:

banana500 wrote:

DigiTechs wrote:

*cough*fanboy*cough*

I heard Ace of Spades went to (crud) when Jagex bought it.

But yeah, I used to play Minecraft solely for the multiplayer but the servers I like are really hard to find now. EVERYTHING is factions or roleplay now, :/

I play on Survival Games servers, free builds, Skyblock, and private SMP with my friends.

I think Ace of Spades is pretty fun, actually, though one of my friends played it in Beta and says it sucks now.

Last edited by banana500 (2013-04-04 13:28:41)

http://i.imgur.com/jrCyB2r.gif
'Cause I'm NUMBER ONE.

#10780 2013-04-04 13:28:11

NoxSpooth
Scratcher

DigiTechs wrote:

banana500 wrote:

DigiTechs wrote:

*cough*fanboy*cough*

HOW COULD YOU USE THAT WORD! Everyone knows their illegal! Use FTB instead who are legal and are way better than ?HG£"$*&£ in variety of mods.

Minecraft Mods?

Illegal?

Nope.

http://i1244.photobucket.com/albums/gg572/BLU_Spy/Best-Cry-Ever_zps3b2b857a.gif Goodbye, 1.4... We'll miss you...

#10781 2013-04-04 13:29:27

banana500
Scratcher

DigiTechs wrote:

banana500 wrote:

DigiTechs wrote:

*cough*fanboy*cough*

Man would you freaking calm down.
Besides Tekkit is stupid and so is FTB.

'Cause I'm NUMBER ONE.

#10782 2013-04-04 13:29:56

DigiTechs
Scratcher

NoxSpooth wrote:

DigiTechs wrote:

banana500 wrote:

*cough*fanboy*cough*

Minecraft Mods?

Illegal?

Nope.

I'm not saying mods are illegal. I play with over forty of them.

I'm talking about... *covers eyes* TECHNIC.

No me gusta. They're illegal.

I'm back.
Maybe.

#10783 2013-04-04 13:30:58

PonyvilleSlugger
Scratcher

DigiTechs wrote:

NoxSpooth wrote:

DigiTechs wrote:

Minecraft Mods?

Illegal?

Nope.

Proof or reasoning behind such a statement?

♫ 8% of teens pretend to be morally superior due to the music they listen to. If you are one of the 92% of teens who don't, copy and paste this into your signature. ♫♪
http://i46.tinypic.com/waj11e.gif

#10784 2013-04-04 13:31:18

banana500
Scratcher

DigiTechs wrote:

NoxSpooth wrote:

DigiTechs wrote:

Minecraft Mods?

Illegal?

Nope.

Tekkit's not illegal, the mods were used with permission.
Besides it's way too convoluted and confusing and overall not fun to play.

'Cause I'm NUMBER ONE.

#10785 2013-04-04 13:33:23

NoxSpooth
Scratcher

DigiTechs wrote:

NoxSpooth wrote:

DigiTechs wrote:

Minecraft Mods?

Illegal?

Nope.

No, it's not. Mojang would've taken it down if it was illegal.

http://i1244.photobucket.com/albums/gg572/BLU_Spy/Best-Cry-Ever_zps3b2b857a.gif Goodbye, 1.4... We'll miss you...

#10786 2013-04-04 13:33:32

PonyvilleSlugger
Scratcher

banana500 wrote:

DigiTechs wrote:

NoxSpooth wrote:

Minecraft Mods?

Illegal?

Nope.

Actually after you've learned everything it's not so much confusing but just plain boring, EE means you can just instantly get anything you want and although I haven't played it FTB seems a lot better.

♫ 8% of teens pretend to be morally superior due to the music they listen to. If you are one of the 92% of teens who don't, copy and paste this into your signature. ♫♪

#10787 2013-04-04 13:37:04

banana500
Scratcher

PonyvilleSlugger wrote:

banana500 wrote:

DigiTechs wrote:

Actually after you've learned everything it's not so much confusing but just plain boring, EE means you can just instantly get anything you want and although I haven't played it FTB seems a lot better.

EE is actually the only mod in Tekkit that I actually remotely understand.
It's a neat mod though, I like the idea and the mechanics are fairly simple, once you learn the drafting recipes.

On another note, I absolutely hate when people (especially at school) are like "hurr durr im an expert at minecraft" and they've only been playing since 1.2.5.

'Cause I'm NUMBER ONE.

#10788 2013-04-04 13:38:44

DigiTechs
Scratcher

banana500 wrote:

DigiTechs wrote:

NoxSpooth wrote:

Minecraft Mods?

Illegal?

Nope.

Oh really? I've heard a LOT of people say that Tekkit is illegal.
And Technic has a really * launcher compared to FTB's one.

Also, FTB have CreeperHost as DEDICATED server hosters  big_smile

I'm back.
Maybe.

#10789 2013-04-04 13:41:07

banana500
Scratcher

DigiTechs wrote:

banana500 wrote:

DigiTechs wrote:

Also, FTB have CreeperHost as DEDICATED server hosters :D

I actually hate FTB's launcher, the Tekkit launcher is very nice and straightforward.

'Cause I'm NUMBER ONE.

#10790 2013-04-04 13:41:56

NoxSpooth
Scratcher

banana500 wrote:

PonyvilleSlugger wrote:

banana500 wrote:

It's a neat mod though, I like the idea and the mechanics are fairly simple, once you learn the drafting recipes.

On another note, I absolutely hate when people (especially at school) are like "hurr durr im an expert at minecraft" and they've only been playing since 1.2.5.

There's always a rabid fan of anything...

Rabid fan: "Do you play/watch [insert anything here]?!
Person: "I've already played/watched it, but I didn't really like it.
Rabid fan: "OMG HOW DARE YOU?! YOU SUCK! YOU HAVE NO LIFE!!!

hmm

#10791 2013-04-04 13:43:02

PonyvilleSlugger
Scratcher

banana500 wrote:

PonyvilleSlugger wrote:

banana500 wrote:

EE makes it way too easy, I like the whole tiers with energy collectors and whatnot, but currently I just have a huge power plant producing 300 stacks of red matter a day, I could literally make a house out of red matter every single day and still be able to save up.

I honestly like industrial stuff, I'd love it if I could make a factory that produces something on a server where I could sell it off. Making a company in some SimCity style of server where everything's really expensive to make so you can start off small and aim to be super rich and controlling a monopoly.

Of course, I don't believe that'll happen for a while, I guess once you get a taste of even the simplest vanilla things like mining diamonds and selling them on a chestshop server you just want to do it all over again and become rich.

#10792 2013-04-04 13:43:18

banana500
Scratcher

NoxSpooth wrote:

banana500 wrote:

PonyvilleSlugger wrote:

:/

Haha, "rabid fan"?
You mean fanboy.

But still, that's basically what defines a fanboy.

'Cause I'm NUMBER ONE.

#10793 2013-04-04 13:45:16

NoxSpooth
Scratcher

banana500 wrote:

NoxSpooth wrote:

banana500 wrote:

hmm

Haha, "rabid fan"?
You mean fanboy.

But still, that's basically what defines a fanboy.

No, I meant rabid fan. Because they act like wild animals.  tongue

#10794 2013-04-04 13:46:02

DigiTechs
Scratcher

PonyvilleSlugger wrote:

banana500 wrote:

PonyvilleSlugger wrote:

EE makes it way too easy, I like the whole tiers with energy collectors and whatnot, but currently I just have a huge power plant producing 300 stacks of red matter a day, I could literally make a house out of red matter every single day and still be able to save up.

I honestly like industrial stuff, I'd love it if I could make a factory that produces something on a server where I could sell it off. Making a company in some SimCity style of server where everything's really expensive to make so you can start off small and aim to be super rich and controlling a monopoly.

Of course, I don't believe that'll happen for a while, I guess once you get a taste of even the simplest vanilla things like mining diamonds and selling them on a chestshop server you just want to do it all over again and become rich.

*insert TNT song here for the digging for diamonds*

I'm back.
Maybe.

#10795 2013-04-04 13:48:26

banana500
Scratcher

DigiTechs wrote:

PonyvilleSlugger wrote:

banana500 wrote:

*insert TNT song here for the digging for diamonds*

Ugh, dude, seriously.

'Cause I'm NUMBER ONE.

#10796 2013-04-04 13:48:37

NoxSpooth
Scratcher

DigiTechs wrote:

banana500 wrote:

DigiTechs wrote:

So, if everyone jumped from a cliff, would you do the same?
The majority is not always right.

#10797 2013-04-04 13:49:28

banana500
Scratcher

NoxSpooth wrote:

DigiTechs wrote:

banana500 wrote:

Sooner or later someone was going to make that analogy.

'Cause I'm NUMBER ONE.

#10798 2013-04-04 13:49:46

DigiTechs
Scratcher

NoxSpooth wrote:

DigiTechs wrote:

banana500 wrote:

If the majority of the people were people I trust (Which they are) I would.

I'm back.
Maybe.

#10799 2013-04-04 13:50:59

banana500
Scratcher

DigiTechs wrote:

NoxSpooth wrote:

DigiTechs wrote:

So you'd jump off a cliff because your friends are.

Last edited by banana500 (2013-04-04 13:51:38)

'Cause I'm NUMBER ONE.

#10800 2013-04-04 13:51:24

PonyvilleSlugger
Scratcher

DigiTechs wrote:

NoxSpooth wrote:

DigiTechs wrote:

Well I guess that's Darwin's theory for you.

Technic etc. isn't illegal, Mojang kinda knows about it, they'd take it down by now.

Last edited by PonyvilleSlugger (2013-04-04 13:53:07)

Board footer