This is a read-only archive of the old Scratch 1.x Forums.
Try searching the current Scratch discussion forums.

#1 2010-11-05 18:21:51

sparks
Community Moderator

sensor board +

Hey all, I've started developing a little circuit board that would connect to one of the resistance inputs of the scratch board , all you need to do is plug in an ordinary microphone, and the board will convert the frequency to a square wave, measure the pulses, and convert them to a resistance value that the scratch board can read and then work out which note is being played Et Voila! Instant note sensing for your scratch board! Instrument tuning, sing along projects or sound copying projects at your fingertips!

If I were to finish developing this, is this the kind of thing that any of you would consider purchasing, and how much would you be willing to pay for it? I'm obviously trying to make it as cheap as possible and I don't want much profit, but the board will probably be around £6-10 without post and packaging.

Feedback would be wonderful!

Sparks

http://img541.imageshack.us/img541/7563/scratchbetabanner.png

#2 2010-11-05 19:43:43

Jonathanpb
Scratcher

Re: sensor board +

It sounds really cool!  big_smile  But I don't have a PicoBoard or a sensor board of any kind.  tongue  But your device looks pretty good!  smile

"Human beings... must have action; and they will make it if they cannot find it.
-Charlotte Brontë

#3 2011-01-03 11:55:49

TheSuccessor
Scratcher

Are you using a PIC or PICAXE chip?
I wanted a kit with one of those in it.

Anyway, I'm reasonably good at electronics if you want any help. Unfortunately, due to an inability to get good kits in my area, I can't physically build anything more advanced than a few transistors connected with crocodile clips.

/* No comment */

#4 2011-03-16 17:58:10

snuffs
New Scratcher

I found a picoboard at a local store recently. Dang, I should try something like that one day.

Board footer