This is a read-only archive of the old Scratch 1.x Forums.
Try searching the current Scratch discussion forums.

#1 2010-10-22 04:45:51

benjamin2
Scratcher

Every block in detail and what it does - Motion

This is a guide of what each and every last block can be used for. Please rad if you are stuck!  smile  This shows motion blocks. I'll make more later.

[blocks]<move( 6 )steps>[/blocks] Moves a sprite forward a number of steps depending on its direction. Negative numbers can be used to move a sprite back against its direction.

[blocks]<turn cw( 20 )degrees>[/blocks] You can turn the angle of sprites left or right and input any number of degrees for the turn. The other block like this turns it left, this one turns it right.

[blocks]<point in direction( -90 (left)[/blocks] This allows you to face a sprite left, normal, right, or upside down.

[blocks]<point towards( Sprite 2[/blocks]  Select another sprite and it will point towards it. To make it move towards the sprite, add a move steps block after this one and put a forever block.

[blocks]<go to x sad  32 )y sad  56[/blocks] input two numbers to pin point a place on the stage and when this block is hit it goes straight there.

[blocks]<glide( 2 )secs to x sad  32 )y sad  56[/blocks] like the above block but it travels there by gliding rather than simply going straight there.

[blocks]<change x by( 10[/blocks] Move a block to the right (positive) or left (negative) via using this block and placing a number in it.

[blocks]<change y by( 10[/blocks] Moves a block up (positive) or down (negative).

[blocks]<set x to( 32 <set y to( 23[/blocks] These two blocks set the x (left-right) and y (up-down) positions of a sprite. Enter the numbers. X = right (positive), left (negative. Y = up (positive), down (negative).

[blocks]<if on edge, bounce>[/blocks] During travelling, should the sprite hit the outline of the stage, it bounces off, like a ball with no gravity affection would bounce off a wall. To keep on checking, put this in a forever block.

[blocks]<x position> <y position>[/blocks] to be placed in other blocks. These allow the block placed in to sense the x or y of a block. Example with the move steps block:
[blocks]<move( <x position> )steps>[/blocks] the block would move the number of steps it's x position was. So if it had x position 15, it would change it to 30 by moving another 15.

[blocks]<direction>[/blocks] like x and y position but this block determines the direction a block is facing (-179 degrees to 180 degreees)

Hope this helps! Looks guide coming soon!

Last edited by benjamin2 (2010-10-22 07:38:44)

http://i.imgur.com/gp6tZ.gif

#2 2010-10-22 06:21:07

mathematics
Scratcher

Re: Every block in detail and what it does - Motion

benjamin2 wrote:

<move( 6 )steps> Moves a sprite's x positon a number toward the right. You can input any number into this block. Example: the block shown above will move a sprite 6 x steps to the right. You can use these to move a sprite left by inputing negative numbers.

[/blocks]Hmm... the bold thing is very annoying isn't it? Add [/blocks] after each block. This can also make it more easy to read. Also, if possible, add [blocks] in front of each block too. Like this:

[blocks]<point in direction( -90 (left) [/blocks] This allows you...

By the way, I quoted the <move( 10 )steps> [/blocks] part because I think that's not true. The block doesn't move a sprite's x position a number toward the right, but toward the direction.

Last edited by mathematics (2010-10-22 06:23:33)

#3 2010-10-22 06:38:07

12three
Scratcher

Only thing is it doesn't move right for move () steps, it moves in the direction.

Besides that great!

#4 2010-10-22 07:31:26

benjamin2
Scratcher

I'll fix bold.

Oh, and I'll change the steps block. Thanks for noticing!

And mathematics, please tell me the code for the thing in your sig. I ask you all over the place and you never answer.

Last edited by benjamin2 (2010-10-22 07:32:12)

#5 2010-10-22 09:16:05

mathematics
Scratcher

Didn't I?

Code:

[url= (url) ][img]http://scratchhtmlviewer.net23.net/image.php?project= (project#) &user= (user name) &width= (optional: sets the width of the image)[/img][/url]

#6 2010-10-22 12:45:39

benjamin2
Scratcher

mathematics wrote:

Didn't I?

Code:

[url= (url) ][url]http://scratchhtmlviewer.net23.net/image.php?project= (project#) &user= (user name) &width= (optional: sets the width of the image)[/url][/url]

Sorry, I actually made a banner instead. But thanks!

Board footer