This is a read-only archive of the old Scratch 1.x Forums.
Try searching the current Scratch discussion forums.
  • Index
  •  » Advanced Topics
  •  » Scratch EXE Creator - turn Scratch projects into EXEs and repack them!

#101 2011-05-28 08:41:32

abcdo39
Scratcher

Re: Scratch EXE Creator - turn Scratch projects into EXEs and repack them!

Hi! I am come from Hong Kong . I have made a Chinese (Traditional) version of this useful tool .I also helped you to fix SO MANY bugs.Can I post it here or post it to a new topic?

#102 2011-05-28 08:56:13

rdococ
Scratcher

meowmeow55 wrote:

Bump!

The package now includes the ability to create an EXE that manually saves its project anywhere you want as a separate choice, and there are also a few tweaks to the batch scripts.

Can you make one for Catch? The extension on Catch is .cat.
For example, a file called "project.cat" could exist.

#103 2011-05-28 11:14:58

meowmeow55
Scratcher

abcdo39 wrote:

Hi! I am come from Hong Kong . I have made a Chinese (Traditional) version of this useful tool .I also helped you to fix SO MANY bugs.Can I post it here or post it to a new topic?

Post it here so I can have a look at it, and you can also post it in the Chinese Scratch forum, but be sure to give me credit  wink

rdococ wrote:

Can you make one for Catch? The extension on Catch is .cat.
For example, a file called "project.cat" could exist.

I'll look into it. I haven't decided how to make EXE creators for separate mods tie in to the main program, but I'll think of something. (TBH, I haven't done anything since I can't get full screen toggling working. I'll probably use some sort of hackish workaround that uses the exit presentation button instead of a new button.)

Yawn.

#104 2011-05-28 12:19:41

whizzer
Scratcher

LS97 wrote:

rubiks_cube_guy238 wrote:

Is it like Scratch2Exe? When you run the compiled project, does it enter fullscreen or does it have its own window?

having its own window would be better. by the way, it is really not that hard to achieve  big_smile

LS97 your signature works now!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

http://i46.tinypic.com/33df6me.png I'm whizzer0 for all things Minecraft.

#105 2011-05-28 12:49:28

abcdo39
Scratcher

meowmeow55 wrote:

abcdo39 wrote:

Post it here so I can have a look at it, and you can also post it in the Chinese Scratch forum, but be sure to give me credit  wink

Here is it:

Scratch EXE Creator(V1.1)繁體中文化(XP不適用)
Scratch EXE Creator(V1.1)Chinese Traditional version(Not for XP)

http://cid-8bea7b79f322a2b4.office.live.com/self.aspx/%e6%88%91%e7%9a%84%e5%88%86%e4%ba%ab/Scratch%20EXE%20Creator^5V1.1^6{Not%20for%20XP}%20-%20%e4%b8%ad%e6%96%87%e5%8c%96.zip

#106 2011-05-28 13:20:28

meowmeow55
Scratcher

abcdo39 wrote:

meowmeow55 wrote:

abcdo39 wrote:

Here is it:

http://cid-8bea7b79f322a2b4.office.live.com/self.aspx/%e6%88%91%e7%9a%84%e5%88%86%e4%ba%ab/Scratch%20EXE%20Creator^5V1.1^6{Not%20for%20XP}%20-%20%e4%b8%ad%e6%96%87%e5%8c%96.zip

What bugs did you fix?

Yawn.

#107 2011-05-28 15:27:19

altra12
Scratcher

does it work for panther? if not can you make a version that does?

#108 2011-05-28 16:24:21

rdococ
Scratcher

The version for Catch! 1.2 will be .catch, since .cat is a Security Catalog in Windows.
Not even sure if Bill Gates spelt that correctly.

#109 2011-05-29 06:35:43

abcdo39
Scratcher

meowmeow55 wrote:

abcdo39 wrote:

meowmeow55 wrote:

Here is it:

http://.........

What bugs did you fix?

Bugs fixed:

1) YOU can't set "skip repacking"
2)If YOU set the EXE Repack Request == disabled , You can't change to enabled  Final  Confirmation
3)If fail while making the EXE (no icon.ico but the user set custom icon == yes) it doesn't rename "icon_scratch.ico" to "icon.ico".So it can't work at the next time.

etc.(I didn't remember)

I re-upload the Scratch EXE Creator(V1.1) by some reasons . PLEASE download it again :

http://cid-8bea7b79f322a2b4.office.live.com/self.aspx/%e6%88%91%e7%9a%84%e5%88%86%e4%ba%ab/Scratch%20EXE%20Creator^5V1.1^6{vista%20or%207}%20-%20%e4%b8%ad%e6%96%87%e5%8c%96.zip

P.S. Your computer may not support Chinese Traditional , Please use this link to share with others and don't upload it by yourself (I may make a short URL later).Don't use Google Translation to translate the English to Chinese because no one can understand this "Chinese"  tongue

#110 2011-05-29 06:42:07

abcdo39
Scratcher

abcdo39 wrote:

meowmeow55 wrote:

abcdo39 wrote:

Here is it:

http://.........

What bugs did you fix?

Bugs fixed:

2)If YOU set the EXE Repack Request == disabled , You can't change to enabled  Final  Confirmation
3)If fail while making the EXE (no icon.ico but the user set custom icon == yes) it doesn't rename "icon_scratch.ico" to "icon.ico".So it can't work at the next time.

etc.(I didn't remember)

I re-upload the Scratch EXE Creator(V1.1) by some reasons . PLEASE download it again :

http://........

P.S. Your computer may not support Chinese Traditional , Please use this link to share with others and don't upload it by yourself (I may make a short URL later).Don't use Google Translation to translate the English to Chinese because no one can understand this "Chinese"  tongue

Sorry, I re-upload the Scratch EXE Creator(V1.1) by some reasons AGAIN, please download again and again  tongue

#111 2011-05-29 13:58:05

meowmeow55
Scratcher

abcdo39 wrote:

abcdo39 wrote:

meowmeow55 wrote:

What bugs did you fix?

Bugs fixed:

etc.(I didn't remember)

Sorry, I re-upload the Scratch EXE Creator(V1.1) by some reasons AGAIN, please download again and again  tongue

More bug fixes? How many are there?  tongue

altra12 wrote:

does it work for panther? if not can you make a version that does?

Not yet, but I'll be making versions for it and other mods soon.

Yawn.

#112 2011-05-29 22:02:37

altra12
Scratcher

thanks

#113 2011-05-30 04:25:32

abcdo39
Scratcher

meowmeow55 wrote:

abcdo39 wrote:

abcdo39 wrote:

Bugs fixed:

etc.(I didn't remember)

More bug fixes? How many are there?  tongue

Sorry,I didn't remember because I made it one month ago but I didn't translate the instructions (I'm lazy ^.^)

#114 2011-05-30 05:59:41

abcdo39
Scratcher

I posted it to "Chinese" :

http://scratch.mit.edu/forums/viewtopic.php?id=64490

But I didn't know how to edit the post , can you teach me?

#115 2011-05-30 09:37:10

meowmeow55
Scratcher

abcdo39 wrote:

I posted it to "Chinese" :

http://scratch.mit.edu/forums/viewtopic.php?id=64490

But I didn't know how to edit the post , can you teach me?

You can't edit your posts because you're a New Scratcher. Wait a while and be active on the Scratch site and you'll be promoted to Scratcher soon enough.

Yawn.

#116 2011-07-22 15:57:05

funnyman1120
Scratcher

Neato

Check out my website for updates on all your favorite games! Funnyman1120's Website

#117 2011-07-22 16:17:31

LiquidMetal
Scratcher

meowmeow55 wrote:

Repacking is saving the project into the EXE, how is repacking bad for you?

Auto repack if you clicked save?

Window instead of full-screen? (size of the stage in full-screen mode)

Remove green flag and stop buttons?

And disable enter re-starts the program?

Add a way to browse for the project and the icon, instead of automatically?

Make a panther version.

These would make it even better, If not perfect, then close.

-LiquidMetal

Last edited by LiquidMetal (2011-07-22 16:25:18)

#118 2011-07-22 17:04:23

meowmeow55
Scratcher

LiquidMetal wrote:

There's no way I can tell if the project was saved or not (in theory, I could do a diff on the old and new "date modified" times, but IDK if NSIS can do that).

No one would help me make a toggle button for it  sad

I suppose I could add an option for this if you want.

What? Please clarify, I don't understand.

It would be harder to type out the path (which you would have to do), but if I add a GUI I'll add this.

Make a panther version.

Mod support is planned, but IDK how to make it "flow" with the rest of the program.

I'm glad someone bumped this  tongue   big_smile

Yawn.

#119 2011-07-24 14:24:49

LiquidMetal
Scratcher

meowmeow55 wrote:

LiquidMetal wrote:

There's no way I can tell if the project was saved or not (in theory, I could do a diff on the old and new "date modified" times, but IDK if NSIS can do that).

Might as well try, cause otherwise I will keep bugging you  tongue .  If its to hard any other way, just repack it anyway, and it just will not change anything if you didn't tell it to save? or would it?  But still, this is not recommended.

Don't use a toggle button, just do it automatically.  We don't want the extra black border around the window, just take that out and put a window around it, instead of being full-screen. This doesn't change the size of the actual screen, just removes the annoying black border that blocks out everything else.

That would be appreciated.

Currently, in scratch and in your program, pressing enter makes the green flag pressed.  I want that disabled in this program. Its not good for professional type games.

It would be harder to type out the path (which you would have to do), but if I add a GUI I'll add this.

I really couldn't care less about typing the path vs gui, but some users would definitely freak out at typing the path, so good luck with making a gui work.

Make a panther version.

Mod support is planned, but IDK how to make it "flow" with the rest of the program.

More gui 0_o.

*bumps again*

-LiquidMetal

#120 2011-07-26 20:20:49

LiquidMetal
Scratcher

Bumps again... are you going to answer me?

#121 2011-07-26 22:34:11

meowmeow55
Scratcher

LiquidMetal wrote:

Bumps again... are you going to answer me?

When I stop being lazy  tongue

LiquidMetal wrote:

meowmeow55 wrote:

LiquidMetal wrote:

Might as well try, cause otherwise I will keep bugging you  tongue .  If its to hard any other way, just repack it anyway, and it just will not change anything if you didn't tell it to save? or would it?  But still, this is not recommended.

Eh, it wouldn't be bad, it's just a waste of time and resources. And you can tell it to auto-repack anyway  tongue
I'll see about doing diffs on modified times. Oh wait, I could tell Squeak to write a file if it saved...*facepalm* Such an obvious solution! XD

Don't use a toggle button, just do it automatically.  We don't want the extra black border around the window, just take that out and put a window around it, instead of being full-screen. This doesn't change the size of the actual screen, just removes the annoying black border that blocks out everything else.

You're confusing me...You don't want the black border and you want a window, but you want it to cover the entire screen? The toggle button I had in mind would just toggle real full screen (what you get when you click the Presentation Mode button in Scratch) and windowed mode. I could take a stab at removing the border, but I'm not making any promises.

Alright then. I'll prolly have to make separate images for these Scratch-related edits, so the zip file might get a little heavy in terms of size.

Currently, in scratch and in your program, pressing enter makes the green flag pressed.  I want that disabled in this program. Its not good for professional type games.

Ah, I see. Yeah, I could probably do that.

I really couldn't care less about typing the path vs gui, but some users would definitely freak out at typing the path, so good luck with making a gui work.

Yeah, I'll start thinking about a GUI (again!  tongue ).

Make a panther version.

More gui 0_o.

Oh great, this thing is gonna be a pain to code XD. (Especially since the only EXE-type programming I know (sort of) is NSIS, and that isn't much  tongue )

*bumps again*

-LiquidMetal

Thanks for being interested in this!  big_smile

Yawn.

#122 2011-07-27 04:15:54

ssss
Scratcher

Visual basic?   smile   (Use it for .exe)

Hey.  It's me SSSS, back from the dead!  smile

#123 2011-08-01 09:42:01

IHeartGaming
Scratcher

Can you add an option to remove the stop and exit (arrow) buttons?
I am using a Scratch project I made and your tool as a computer security program.

You can see the project here.

Thanks in advance.

(Sorry. I think that might have been said already a few posts back.)

Last edited by IHeartGaming (2011-08-01 09:43:26)

IHeartGaming

#124 2011-08-03 00:48:49

LiquidMetal
Scratcher

IHeartGaming wrote:

(Sorry. I think that might have been said already a few posts back.)

Its OK, he knows more then one person wants that now 0_o.

#125 2011-08-03 00:59:40

LiquidMetal
Scratcher

meowmeow55 wrote:

LiquidMetal wrote:

meowmeow55 wrote:

LiquidMetal wrote:

Eh, it wouldn't be bad, it's just a waste of time and resources. And you can tell it to auto-repack anyway  tongue
I'll see about doing diffs on modified times. Oh wait, I could tell Squeak to write a file if it saved...*facepalm* Such an obvious solution! XD

Sorry I didn't notice about choosing auto repack, because I origionally tried it with wine on an Ubuntu machine and it couldn't get past the first step.

You're confusing me...You don't want the black border and you want a window, but you want it to cover the entire screen? The toggle button I had in mind would just toggle real full screen (what you get when you click the Presentation Mode button in Scratch) and windowed mode. I could take a stab at removing the border, but I'm not making any promises.

No no no! I meant I want the part of the stage that actually contains the project to stay the same size as scratch while in presentation mode, but remove the black border and turn it into a window.

I don't know if it is worth a toggle button, because putting it in full-screen would just add the black border again, and not improve it at all. Right?  Or, It would be cool if you could resize the screen up to fullscreen, but this might be hard resolution-wise.

Alright then. I'll prolly have to make separate images for these Scratch-related edits, so the zip file might get a little heavy in terms of size.

Put in a readme that says "This package is measured by weight, not by volume." (Normally size is measured in volume, not weight  tongue ) Try to keep it down, but dont cut any features for it, it will not be that bad.  Maybe you can make a separate version for each mod, as well as a master one that compiles all of them together? (this one would be big.)

Ah, I see. Yeah, I could probably do that.

Welll I don't like the word "probably."

Yeah, I'll start thinking about a GUI (again!  tongue ).

Have fun with that  wink .

Make a panther version.

More gui 0_o.

Oh great, this thing is gonna be a pain to code XD. (Especially since the only EXE-type programming I know (sort of) is NSIS, and that isn't much  tongue )

*bumps again*

-LiquidMetal

Thanks for being interested in this!  big_smile

*Bump*s yet again...  and this part of the conversation is spam, so delete it if and when you reply to this big mess  tongue .

• Index
  •  » Advanced Topics
  •  » Scratch EXE Creator - turn Scratch projects into EXEs and repack them!

Board footer