This is a read-only archive of the old Scratch 1.x Forums.
Try searching the current Scratch discussion forums.

#1351 2011-02-12 14:54:45

zorket
Scratcher

Re: Welcome to the OLD local block library!

Is sparks gonna add my block?

Marzipan11 must learn to not spoil

#1352 2011-02-12 17:19:30

Pecola1
Scratcher

floppy_gunk wrote:

Pecola1 wrote:

Pecola1 wrote:

Me too. Whens your birthday? mines feb 5

*hint* *hint*!
Reposting for no reason AT ALL! JK

Don't expect me to give you a birthday present  tongue

http://scratch.mit.edu/projects/Pecola1/1581916 eh heh he. Look at the yellow letters under the red ones on my project.

If you are reading this, please read to the end, because if you don't you won't know what's at the end. Don't just skip to the end though otherwise you won't be able to read the middle, which is most important. Now you must be wondering why you just read all that, the reason is you may have not noticed something, read it again and see if you notice it this time  smile

#1353 2011-02-12 17:35:48

Pecola1
Scratcher

sparks wrote:

Shared by StrykerV, improved by Pecola1

Blockspec:
('point at x:%n y:%n' #- #pointToX:y smile
Code:
No code needed

What this block does:
Points the sprite at the specified region of the stage.

I don't think I need any credit for reminding StrykerV that they didn't have to make a new code,  tongue .

If you are reading this, please read to the end, because if you don't you won't know what's at the end. Don't just skip to the end though otherwise you won't be able to read the middle, which is most important. Now you must be wondering why you just read all that, the reason is you may have not noticed something, read it again and see if you notice it this time  smile

#1354 2011-02-12 17:39:44

Pecola1
Scratcher

Pecola1 wrote:

Pecola1 wrote:

New Panther block (the following is not a joke)

Code:

Pecola1
obsolete!
-
#FF0000
self error

Or
First box

obsolete!

second box

-

third box

self error

and the color is red

Aheeeem, I was not being sarcastic.

Just relocating this. (not like in WWII though!)

#1355 2011-02-12 17:40:50

Pecola1
Scratcher

Pecola1 wrote:

Pecola1 wrote:

BLOCK REQUEST
Make a (Instrument) reporter. The problem: There is no way scratch really can tell (correct me if i'm wrong) what instrument to play except for set instrument to otherwise it has when you play a note well... I am not sure how to decode it into human language but it pretty much says: Play instrument
And i cannot see where there is a place where it can tell the instrument!

I noticed you do not have a 'block request' section, you should make one.

#1356 2011-02-12 17:46:37

Pecola1
Scratcher

Pecola1 wrote:

frowned wrote:

I Know But It Is An Implementation And I Found That Function!

If someone else made it even if you make it afterwards, its like me making the rotation style things, I didn't know that anyone had made it before but later i downloaded bingo and noticed, It wasn't a new discovery, however those scene blocks I made, WERE DISCOVERED BY ME AND NO ONE CAN PUT IT IN THEIR MOD WITHOUT USING MY NAME! AND EVEN THEN THEY BETTER ASK ME BEFORE PUTTING IT IN OR ELSE!

BTW I was joking about that...

#1357 2011-02-13 14:45:35

sparks
Community Moderator

there is a requests section...

Library Home >> learn about requesting blocks >> block requests page.

Comment with a requested block and if I have time and it makes sense I will add it to the list. Remember to state which mod you want it for, and above all, try and create requested blocks if you can! :)

Last edited by sparks (2011-02-13 14:45:46)

http://img541.imageshack.us/img541/7563/scratchbetabanner.png

#1358 2011-02-13 14:54:03

scimonster
Community Moderator

sparks wrote:

block name:
(last broadcast sent)
Requested for:
Scratch

I think that was made already.

#1359 2011-02-15 13:04:24

scimonster
Community Moderator

<[] ends with []> for scratch.

spec:

('%s ends with %s' #b #text:endsWith:)

method:

text: t1 endsWith: t2
    ^ t1 endsWith: t2

#1360 2011-02-15 13:21:43

scimonster
Community Moderator

And the sequel:
<[] starts with []>
spec:

('%s starts with %s' #b #text:startsWith:)

method:

text: t1 startsWith: t2
    ^ t1 beginsWith: t2

#1361 2011-02-15 17:12:08

zorket
Scratcher

Why didn't you add my scratch block?

#1362 2011-02-17 14:38:33

scimonster
Community Moderator

BYOB: http://img217.imageshack.us/img217/8357/55520048.gif
http://wiki.scratch.mit.edu/images/Point_at_x_y_Workaround.gif
(I just used the wiki think I uploaded. If you could BYOB it that would be appreciated.)

#1363 2011-02-17 17:34:18

Pecola1
Scratcher

sparks wrote:

or maybe a "when < > and other scripts running" hat?

Hmm... I'll look into that.

#1364 2011-02-17 17:41:17

Pecola1
Scratcher

sparks wrote:

Pecola1 wrote:

You know, I am going to ask you sparks,
I think that we should be able to have a place where it will show the blocks each user contributed, and have a link to the page where that block is on, for instance i could say, "I wonder what Jens Mönig has made." when I look at the contributers list all i see is his name and the number of blocks he has made. I don't know what he made, or what category it is, so i cannot find it without searching throughout the whole library until, "Oh... thats what he made! The flip block! But I was seeing if there was a BYOB the script block he made," (BTW I know that would take a whole new Morph and/or argMorph) ", so I have wasted 2 hours of my life looking for a block and haven't found it." Wouldn't that be depressing? LOL. I know that this feature will be in the web site (if it ever gets done) but I am asking if you or I could make a place for that. So it will show the user contributer list and if you click it it will link to a place with pics of all of their blocks and you can click one which will lead to the page that block is on. It could be another forum or on this one.

I love the idea, pecola, but my brain nearly dies at the thought of how much extra work that would take to add to this forum. The thing is, people mostly want to look for a block, not for an author so it's not really worth my time to compile a list of blocks made by each user... Sorry, I don't have the time to enbark on something like that. If I did it people would probably like options to view the library alphabetically, per catagory and per author as well as per mod...

LOL I understand, I was just thinking because I saw the place where it says the number of blocks users has made and thought, "What if I wanted to search by user?" though i do not think it is too necessary (now that I think of it) to even have that, wait, i take that back, it is useful if you wan't to see how many blocks you've made!

#1365 2011-02-17 17:42:46

Pecola1
Scratcher

scimonster wrote:

spec:

method:

Hmm... I think we need a 1 letter text insert. It would be helpful for that, ascii code, and letter to # letter appears in the alphabet.

#1366 2011-02-18 05:38:31

scimonster
Community Moderator

Pecola1 wrote:

scimonster wrote:

spec:

method:

Hmm... I think we need a 1 letter text insert. It would be helpful for that, ascii code, and letter to # letter appears in the alphabet.

It works for multiple letters. I just tested.

#1367 2011-02-18 08:14:28

majormax
Scratcher

Request for panther:
[set answer to $String$]

#1368 2011-02-18 10:34:46

SSBBM
Scratcher

gog1 wrote:

A long post that was just a copy of what sparks wrote

What is the point of that?

http://goo.gl/zVfAp http://goo.gl/laci8

#1369 2011-02-18 15:16:28

Purika
Scratcher

Scratch should make a thing called Scratch Blocks (similar to Scratch Resources) and make the install like one-click or something! This is great by the way!  smile

https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-ZlPXbnYAtro/TxRNNopA6XI/AAAAAAAAAvY/worvlbyfCYI/s589/Purika.gif
If I was three birds, I could see myself fly below us!  big_smile

#1370 2011-02-20 03:20:57

floppy_gunk
Scratcher

Panther block:

http://img254.imageshack.us/img254/1908/average.gif

Code:

average of $List$

-r

#D94D11

| t2 t3 |
t2 _ self listNamed: t1 ifNone: [^ ''].
t3 _ 0.
1 to: t2 lineCount do: [:n | t3 _ t3 + (t2 lineAt: (self lineNum: n forList: t2))].
^ t3/(t2 lineCount)

http://img163.imageshack.us/img163/1917/2856lg.jpg Get it now!  smile

#1371 2011-02-21 07:45:33

zorket
Scratcher

PLEASE add my block!

#1372 2011-02-21 08:21:15

TheSuccessor
Scratcher

zorket wrote:

PLEASE add my block!

Add it, please. If I was zorket I'd be pretty cross right now, and he seems to be ignored a lot.
It's here, in case you forgot.

/* No comment */

#1373 2011-02-21 21:25:13

Pecola1
Scratcher

scimonster wrote:

Pecola1 wrote:

scimonster wrote:

spec:

method:

It works for multiple letters. I just tested.

okay. But for ASCII and the alphabet we still need it.

#1374 2011-02-21 21:33:56

Pecola1
Scratcher

majormax wrote:

Request for panther:
[set answer to $String$]

I am not sure cuz I am not on a computer with scratch (my moms Android) but it would be something like...
(Darts android without a keyboard don't have any brackets so no code with brackets around it)
Box #1
Set answer to $String$
Box#2
-
Box#3
lastAnswer _ t1

#1375 2011-02-21 22:52:20

cpumaster930
Scratcher

Uh...I don't know how to use any Scratch mods, but I think it would be useful to have a block that says:
[lock layer position of sprite [ ] ]

So, in other words, if you told a sprite to [go to front] and then used this block, even if you told any other sprite to [go to front] it wouldn't be in front of the first sprite. Get it?

http://i.imgur.com/Qd0lu.png

Board footer