This is a read-only archive of the old Scratch 1.x Forums.
Try searching the current Scratch discussion forums.

#1 2010-06-29 22:11:24

shiger500
New Scratcher

O hi im new :D

Yeah... Basically that subject line says the whole thing.
The crazy computer science teacher I have recommended this to us so we could make our own games.  It was a mandatory project.  That sucked, but actually, Scratch doesn't.
Yeah, I'd like to make something really cool.  For our project thing, me and my project partner person are making a very FAIL version of snake called TOAS-T, or
The  Other  Application  of Snake - Toast edition.
Yeeeeaaaahhh it sucks.
So yeah, kinda wanna get used to it.  I'm in a special summer program thingy for semi-above-your-average-smarts, and I get to see stuff people in my school haven't before.
So if I make something really good, and really really really understand this crazy stuff, I could get a :"ohhh howdja do thaaat"  big_smile

so yeah im new

#2 2010-06-29 22:27:19

shamrocker
Scratcher

Re: O hi im new :D

Welcome to Scratch and the Over the Average club! XD. I'm in fourth next year (I'm in summer school) and I am the smartest in the class. Well, from what people say, second smartest. My friend Josh is considered smartest cuz I don't really use my smarts much, but when I do, I'm considered smartest for the day, but then the next day, BAM, I'm second.

http://i46.tinypic.com/2s1b32e.png
respect the oxford comma

#3 2010-06-29 22:57:10

ihaveamac
Scratcher

Welcome to Scratch!
You will find your experience here to be great.

If you have any help, ask anyone!  smile

~ihaveamac - visit ihaveamac.net

#4 2010-06-29 23:27:45

soupoftomato
Scratcher

shiger500 wrote:

Yeah... Basically that subject line says the whole thing.
The crazy computer science teacher I have recommended this to us so we could make our own games.  It was a mandatory project.  That sucked, but actually, Scratch doesn't.
Yeah, I'd like to make something really cool.  For our project thing, me and my project partner person are making a very FAIL version of snake called TOAS-T, or
The  Other  Application  of Snake - Toast edition.
Yeeeeaaaahhh it sucks.
So yeah, kinda wanna get used to it.  I'm in a special summer program thingy for semi-above-your-average-smarts, and I get to see stuff people in my school haven't before.
So if I make something really good, and really really really understand this crazy stuff, I could get a :"ohhh howdja do thaaat"  big_smile

so yeah im new

Lol, Scratch really isn't that hard to use. I'm surprised it's in an "above average" program. Anyway, to make a snake game you'll need to know about lists.

I'm glad to think that the community will always be kind and helpful, the language will always be a fun and easy way to be introduced into programming, the motto will always be: Imagine, Program, Share - Nomolos

#5 2010-06-29 23:55:40

coolstuff
Community Moderator

Welcome! Don't be afraid to ask questions  big_smile

Board footer