This is a read-only archive of the old Scratch 1.x Forums.
Try searching the current Scratch discussion forums.

#1 2010-05-30 00:38:22

learningapple
Scratcher

How Do You Make A Side-Scroll Game With Items to Collect?

The title says it all. I really want to know how. Can any experienced Scratchers help me? I just started Scratch about 2 weeks ago and I did many experiments with it. I went through many tutorials on how to make a side scrolling game and I made a simple layout but I can't seem to get the items correct. I put the objectives of the game. For example, your background is a meadow and you have several background costumes along with your main character and you put money bags that you are supposed to collect on the way but on your first background you collect them all and then when you go through the next backgrounds, there is nothing to collect. If you have any suggestions then please comment below. By the way, I have a Squiby and Dragon Cave. My username is learningapple for the Dragon Cave and neverafall for Squiby. Thanks in advance to all Scratchers and happing Scratching!  tongue

#2 2010-05-30 02:57:39

josiah99
Scratcher

Re: How Do You Make A Side-Scroll Game With Items to Collect?

learningapple wrote:

The title says it all. I really want to know how. Can any experienced Scratchers help me? I just started Scratch about 2 weeks ago and I did many experiments with it. I went through many tutorials on how to make a side scrolling game and I made a simple layout but I can't seem to get the items correct. I put the objectives of the game. For example, your background is a meadow and you have several background costumes along with your main character and you put money bags that you are supposed to collect on the way but on your first background you collect them all and then when you go through the next backgrounds, there is nothing to collect. If you have any suggestions then please comment below. By the way, I have a Squiby and Dragon Cave. My username is learningapple for the Dragon Cave and neverafall for Squiby. Thanks in advance to all Scratchers and happing Scratching!  tongue

<when green flag clicked><forever><set x to( (( <{ scroll x }> <*> 123 ))<end>

#3 2010-05-30 03:02:04

iCode-747
Scratcher

Do you mean something like this: http://scratch.mit.edu/projects/08jackt/1065432

I asked about this agile ago, and Jonathanpb gave me a great link: http://bit.ly/awdkAC

That will give you the scripts to make a scroller. Sorry, but I fail at written explanations.  tongue

-End Transmission-

#4 2010-06-14 19:30:25

learningapple
Scratcher

Thanks!

Board footer