This is a read-only archive of the old Scratch 1.x Forums.
Try searching the current Scratch discussion forums.

#1 2010-05-19 17:46:41

soupoftomato
Scratcher

Bounce - Space (soupoftomato and Dazachi Collaboration)

This collaboration is not accepting members. Only Dazachi and I will work on this.

This is the official thread for Bounce - Space.

Progress Key:
[+] Done
[-] Not started
[/] In progress
[#] Could be better

Progress*:
Gravity: [+]
Scrolling: [#]
Planets drawing you in: [#]

*This progress refers to the Bounce - Space Pre Alpha project and are not official.
Feel free to give suggestions, they will be taken into account.

P.S. All test projects will be uploaded on my test account, "monkeysuit."

Last edited by soupoftomato (2010-05-24 17:56:13)

I'm glad to think that the community will always be kind and helpful, the language will always be a fun and easy way to be introduced into programming, the motto will always be: Imagine, Program, Share - Nomolos

#2 2010-05-19 19:06:18

Dazachi
Retired Community Moderator

Re: Bounce - Space (soupoftomato and Dazachi Collaboration)

Ok, what kind of project do we want? Something different.

Dazachi, Retired Community Moderator
May also know me as OJACheung.

#3 2010-05-19 19:10:24

soupoftomato
Scratcher

Dazachi wrote:

I was thinking a 4-way scroller in which you can walk all the way around rounded platforms, you fall off of rectangular ones, and you have to find the portal. It's going to take a while, with plenty of physical effects, but we want this to be epic.

The portals would transport you to another level, but you want the "homeportal" that someone told you was on a certain planet.

But, the "homeportal" goes haywire and your transported elsewhere.

And there should be a boss in this.

Last edited by soupoftomato (2010-05-19 19:12:33)

I'm glad to think that the community will always be kind and helpful, the language will always be a fun and easy way to be introduced into programming, the motto will always be: Imagine, Program, Share - Nomolos

#4 2010-05-19 19:13:26

Dazachi

soupoftomato wrote:

Dazachi wrote:

I was thinking a 4-way scroller in which you can walk all the way around rounded platforms, you fall off of rectangular ones, and you have to find the portal. It's going to take a while, with plenty of physical effects, but we want this to be epic.

The portals would transport you to another level, but you want the "homeportal" that someone told you was on a certain planet.

I started a 4 way-ish scroller. Perhaps we could use the 4-way scroller for a different version, since this will be in space. Maybe we should just have the ball floating and you have to fly around without getting hit by things.

#5 2010-05-19 19:15:29

soupoftomato
Scratcher

Dazachi wrote:

soupoftomato wrote:

Dazachi wrote:

I started a 4 way-ish scroller. Perhaps we could use the 4-way scroller for a different version, since this will be in space. Maybe we should just have the ball floating and you have to fly around without getting hit by things.

But I was hoping to implement some gravity techniques. And dodging stuff, that's been done so many times before.

#6 2010-05-19 19:30:14

Kileymeister
Scratcher

Suggestions:  A graphics upgrade maybe?  Such as shading the ball (not gradients, shading), and making the background prettiful?

I'm back, and showcasing two new* projects!  Click left or right on the image below to see!
http://img109.imageshack.us/img109/7905/part1l.pnghttp://img859.imageshack.us/img859/6417/part2bf.png

#7 2010-05-19 19:32:15

soupoftomato
Scratcher

Kileymeister wrote:

Suggestions:  A graphics upgrade maybe?  Such as shading the ball (not gradients, shading), and making the background prettiful?

*rushes to the RHY3756547 Shop in the TBG*

#8 2010-05-19 19:36:32

Dazachi

soupoftomato wrote:

Dazachi wrote:

soupoftomato wrote:

But I was hoping to implement some gravity techniques. And dodging stuff, that's been done so many times before.

Gravity? Space? Lol.

#9 2010-05-20 17:11:49

soupoftomato
Scratcher

Dazachi wrote:

soupoftomato wrote:

Dazachi wrote:

Gravity? Space? Lol.

Planets have gravity. (And he calls himself smart.  roll  JK)

#10 2010-05-20 17:17:15

Dazachi

soupoftomato wrote:

Dazachi wrote:

soupoftomato wrote:

Gravity? Space? Lol.

How about the planets would draw him in closer, but he could fight back.

#11 2010-05-20 20:57:48

soupoftomato
Scratcher

Dazachi wrote:

soupoftomato wrote:

Dazachi wrote:

Gravity? Space? Lol.

I guess that's good.

But when I asked to collaborate with you, I was looking forward to making a platformer.

#12 2010-05-20 23:00:00

Dazachi

soupoftomato wrote:

Dazachi wrote:

soupoftomato wrote:

I guess that's good.

But when I asked to collaborate with you, I was looking forward to making a platformer.

Well, let's think. how could we make a space platformer. Any ideas?
Maybe... I got nothin'. Sorry.

Last edited by Dazachi (2010-05-20 23:00:27)

#13 2010-05-21 18:14:55

soupoftomato
Scratcher

Dazachi wrote:

soupoftomato wrote:

Dazachi wrote:

I guess that's good.

Well, let's think. how could we make a space platformer. Any ideas?
Maybe... I got nothin'. Sorry.

Super Mario Galaxy

How do you not take advantage of a space platformer?

Not saying we should try to copy SMG but it's an example

I was about to link to the official website, but it had a buy it now link. I then remembered it's against the terms of use which was the main reason I didn't put it, and that I am working with a future moderator.  tongue

Last edited by soupoftomato (2010-05-21 18:16:33)

#14 2010-05-22 14:45:14

wildplayer
Scratcher

Dazachi and Soupoftomato can you help me I'm trying to make my first scroller and I have a great idea for it but it's suffering from one small variable I don't understand how but it is messing up the entire game.

I figure you might feel more likely to help if i told you the idea.
The games called RunMan.
You have this sorta ballish looking guy and he runs very fast
every speed boost you run by you go faster
the scrolling moves for you but you can still move your character around the screen to avoid enemies
He is so fast that he can run upside down, he jumps to the roof and keeps running (this is supposed to be mostly in the beginning portion)
as you run faster you lose control and you can fall of the screen
if you hit something you stall until you can move away
you are killed by enemies and falling of the screen
your score is based on your time alive

sound good so if you can please help if you agree to help I'll upload it for you to look at it

#15 2010-05-22 14:48:02

wildplayer
Scratcher

soupoftomato wrote:

Dazachi wrote:

soupoftomato wrote:

I think i can help you with this i made a game called gravity ball it has very space like variables

#16 2010-05-22 14:56:13

soupoftomato
Scratcher

wildplayer wrote:

Dazachi and Soupoftomato can you help me I'm trying to make my first scroller and I have a great idea for it but it's suffering from one small variable I don't understand how but it is messing up the entire game.

The games called RunMan.
the scrolling moves for you but you can still move your character around the screen to avoid enemies
He is so fast that he can run upside down, he jumps to the roof and keeps running (this is supposed to be mostly in the beginning portion)

sound good so if you can please help if you agree to help I'll upload it for you to look at it

Sure, please upload the project and I'll take a look-see.

As for helping us, we are not accepting members, but we would be happy to look at your project and see if we want to use some of the code.  smile

#17 2010-05-22 15:15:57

wildplayer
Scratcher

soupoftomato wrote:

wildplayer wrote:

The games called RunMan.

As for helping us, we are not accepting members, but we would be happy to look at your project and see if we want to use some of the code.  smile

thanks http://scratch.mit.edu/projects/wildplayer/1068414

on the other thing i was never asking to join i was just suggesting that you use the gravity variables in the project.

#18 2010-05-22 16:00:17

soupoftomato
Scratcher

wildplayer wrote:

soupoftomato wrote:

wildplayer wrote:

The games called RunMan.

on the other thing i was never asking to join i was just suggesting that you use the gravity variables in the project.

I need to know the troubling variables name.

I don't think either of us were planning to do a maze game, and being able to jump to the top of the screen and cheat = not good.

#19 2010-05-22 16:33:54

wildplayer
Scratcher

soupoftomato wrote:

wildplayer wrote:

soupoftomato wrote:

I don't think either of us were planning to do a maze game, and being able to jump to the top of the screen and cheat = not good.

already changed is the bad variable. maze game = no. and jumping to the top of the screen is a part of the game.

#20 2010-05-22 16:39:41

soupoftomato
Scratcher

wildplayer wrote:

soupoftomato wrote:

wildplayer wrote:

already changed is the bad variable. maze game = no. and jumping to the top of the screen is a part of the game.

Okay, I'll check it out later.

And that was a maze game.  wink

#21 2010-05-22 16:54:00

wildplayer
Scratcher

soupoftomato wrote:

wildplayer wrote:

soupoftomato wrote:

Okay, I'll check it out later.

And that was a maze game.  wink

oh your talking about gravity ball i was just talking about the gravity ball script

#22 2010-05-23 17:50:50

monkeysuit
Scratcher

Here is the pre-alpha version on my test account:

http://scratch.mit.edu/projects/monkeysuit/1071199

#23 2010-05-23 20:22:30

soupoftomato
Scratcher

Just confirming I posted that update.

Maybe people will pay attention to it if someone in the collab posts.

#24 2010-05-24 17:54:56

soupoftomato
Scratcher

Accidently posted it on this account, but new version.

At this point, these should just be considered ideas.

Board footer