This is a read-only archive of the old Scratch 1.x Forums.
Try searching the current Scratch discussion forums.

#1 2007-05-21 05:24:18

mrexcessive
Scratcher

How do I remove unwanted applications from my gallery

Hi,

I created a gallery for 'Music Synthesisers' yesterday.

Already 3 people have posted unrelated and non-music things to this gallery... I can't see how to remove them.

It's probably obvious, but I can't see it!

Any pointers appreciated.

#2 2007-05-21 07:31:39

mrexcessive
Scratcher

Re: How do I remove unwanted applications from my gallery

Hi technical people ;-)

Please do reply with a pointer, I'm sure I've missed something.  I can't believe with such an excellent application (Scratch) you'd miss out on a facility to keep galleries tidy on the website!

Last edited by mrexcessive (2007-05-21 07:31:51)

#3 2007-05-22 23:33:34

natalie
Scratch Team

Sorry for the delay in responding about Galleries.

We now have improving Gallery editing and organization as high up on our requested changes list.

We are planning to have galleries where you decide who can submit projects.

I am checking with others here to see if it's possible.

For now, you can let us know via scratch-feedback-at-media.mit.edu if there are projects you'd like us to remove.

Thanks for your patience as we work on improving the gallery features!

#4 2007-05-25 11:05:58

mrexcessive
Scratcher

Hi Natalie,
Thank you for your reply.

As well as being able to choose who can post... I think it would also be very useful to allow anyone to post (optionally - Ie "Please submit your music synth programs", but have 1) a facility for the gallery owner to then remove them and also 2) have a way to bar particular people from reposting.

2) is much less important than 1) !

Thanks for listening !!  and for a great program/development system.

MrEx

#5 2007-05-26 13:50:42

kevin_karplus
Scratcher

Even better would be to allow the gallery owner to include posted projects in the gallery without having to get the project owner to do it.  The "gallery" then becomes a collection of related projects, like a book recommendation list.  Once the project as been published, anyone should be able to list it.

Projects should be owned by the project creator---they can edit it, publish it, or remove it from the web site.

Galleries should be owned by the gallery creator---they can list or remove any published project.

There should be a mechanism for project owners to bring new projects to the attention of gallery owners: a submit mechanism like the current one, but which results in an action item for the gallery owner, rather than automatic inclusion in the gallery.

Board footer