This is a read-only archive of the old Scratch 1.x Forums.
Try searching the current Scratch discussion forums.

#1 2010-03-29 21:46:12

dirtysox
Scratcher

uncompression and uploading trouble - newby

hi, we (my 10 yr old daughter and I) are having trouble uploading a file.  She did some animation and sound, it was 10.4 MB.  Given trouble, I checked the FAQ and compressed the sound and images. It is down to 2.2 MB but it still provokes a message from the mac saying to close it down (press power button and re start).  Now I've compressed the files, sound is bad, and I've tried to search but  no luck.  Any suggestions would be great.  She's dirtysox.  Thank you.

#2 2010-03-30 05:06:47

Paddle2See
Scratch Team

Re: uncompression and uploading trouble - newby

I've heard reports of parental control software on some Macs causing trouble with uploads.  If you have any of that running, you might try shutting it down and seeing if that makes a difference.  Or, try uploading when logged in as the Administrator. 

Take a look here and see if this sounds like the same thing you are seeing:

http://scratch.mit.edu/forums/viewtopic.php?id=6506

Hope that helps!

http://i39.tinypic.com/2nav6o7.gif

#3 2010-03-30 12:16:00

AnonymousTom
Scratcher

Re: uncompression and uploading trouble - newby

dirtysox wrote:

hi, we (my 10 yr old daughter and I) are having trouble uploading a file.  She did some animation and sound, it was 10.4 MB.  Given trouble, I checked the FAQ and compressed the sound and images. It is down to 2.2 MB but it still provokes a message from the mac saying to close it down (press power button and re start).  Now I've compressed the files, sound is bad, and I've tried to search but  no luck.  Any suggestions would be great.  She's dirtysox.  Thank you.

It also may be the version of scratch that you are using. On a Mac that I used, I had trouble uploading projects from Scratch 1.4. When I re-installed Scratch 1.3 it uploaded no problem. Before you try doing this, please try what "Paddle2see" suggested above.

Board footer