This is a read-only archive of the old Scratch 1.x Forums.
Try searching the current Scratch discussion forums.

#1 2007-03-14 23:55:02

keithbraafladt
Scratcher

starter projects

I have some earlier scratch projects that were called "starter" I've actually used these a lot when I have limited time ( 2 hours) to introduce Scratch and get folks started. Is there any thought to including one or two in the project themed folders again in  the future?

#2 2007-03-15 19:38:08

johnm
Scratcher

Re: starter projects

I agree starter projects are really useful. Maybe we should have a gallery just for starter projects? We are planning to include fewer projects with Scratch in the future, and have more projects in galleries on this website. Do you have a few favorite start projects that you think should be included with Scratch? If so, why don't you start a gallery and upload them, then send us a list for consideration?

#3 2007-03-19 21:30:39

natalie
Scratch Team

Some of those starter projects *are* still in the Example project folders, though we took off the word "Starter" because we didn't think anyone was noticing it. But apparently you did notice it, so we will consider adding it again in the future.

We also are wondering if we should have a name for the more complex projects--and whether or not to include those in the Example projects. Any thoughts or suggestions?

#4 2007-03-28 19:33:55

keithbraafladt
Scratcher

Hi thanks! Having a starter gallery makes perfect sense... but when we don't have network connections, or they go down... you don't have access to the projects, so it seems like it would be great to have an online starter, yes, and maybe a few that are labled or somehow its indicated. I'll post another I made to show some ideas for interactive storying telling...
- about the complex projects: I have a couple that I'd like to post in a gallery - "Experimental" -?

#5 2007-04-07 22:55:17

ksweazy
Scratcher

I have been using Scratch in my classroom for a year now. Second quarter my seventh grade students did a wonderful job with their projects. I believe my unit is getting better each quarter.

Board footer