This is a read-only archive of the old Scratch 1.x Forums.
Try searching the current Scratch discussion forums.
  • Index
  •  » FAQ
  •  » Have a question about Scratch? Search the Scratch Website FAQ Page!

#151 2011-09-23 18:17:22

LoisD
New Scratcher

Re: Have a question about Scratch? Search the Scratch Website FAQ Page!

my sprite still excists but, he disapeared! If I start my program, I can still see it move on the x and y -thing (where you can see where youre sprite is).

#152 2011-10-07 04:45:35

peetubhamra
New Scratcher

how do i make the music go on for one level of my game and then change it for the next level ??? please help !!!

#153 2011-10-07 05:02:13

Paddle2See
Scratch Team

peetubhamra wrote:

how do i make the music go on for one level of my game and then change it for the next level ??? please help !!!

This question would fit best in the All About Scratch forum - you can make a new topic there. 

But let me see if I can answer this - try using the "stop all sounds" block when the level changes to stop the old music from playing anymore.  Then, use a new "play sound until done" block to start the new music. 

This could get a bit more complicated if you have the music in a Forever loop so that it plays over and over again.  I'd have to see the scripts to come up with a good way to deal with that situation  smile

http://i39.tinypic.com/2nav6o7.gif

#154 2011-10-07 05:08:07

ssss
Scratcher

Paddle2See wrote:

peetubhamra wrote:

This question would fit best in the All About Scratch forum - you can make a new topic there. 

But let me see if I can answer this - try using the "stop all sounds" block when the level changes to stop the old music from playing anymore.  Then, use a new "play sound until done" block to start the new music. 

This could get a bit more complicated if you have the music in a Forever loop so that it plays over and over again.  I'd have to see the scripts to come up with a good way to deal with that situation  smile

Wouldn't a simple way for that be have a variable and in a forever loop it's like:

forever{
if{
var = 1
play sound 1
else
if{
var = 2
play sound 2
}
etc etc?

Hey.  It's me SSSS, back from the dead!  smile

#155 2011-10-08 22:50:40

GuillotineDreams
New Scratcher

I'm not sure where else to ask this, and it's not going to concern a lot of people, but it's worried me a bit. It's about scratch 2.0.
I've heard it's going to be on the website. Well, the internet I use has a fair access policy thingy that makes it so I can only use about 400 MB everyday. Scratch 2.0 isn't going to be ridiculously huge or anything is it? Will you be able to download it if you want to? If not, will projects made in previous versions of scratch still be able to be uploaded?

#156 2011-10-10 05:44:11

ssss
Scratcher

GuillotineDreams wrote:

I'm not sure where else to ask this, and it's not going to concern a lot of people, but it's worried me a bit. It's about scratch 2.0.
I've heard it's going to be on the website. Well, the internet I use has a fair access policy thingy that makes it so I can only use about 400 MB everyday. Scratch 2.0 isn't going to be ridiculously huge or anything is it? Will you be able to download it if you want to? If not, will projects made in previous versions of scratch still be able to be uploaded?

You will be able to download it!  wink
The Scratch Team has made this clear.  tongue

Hey.  It's me SSSS, back from the dead!  smile

#157 2011-10-24 10:28:05

fungirl123
Scratcher

I feel really dumb asking this, but how do you make a forum?

http://www.thebrag.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/06/GroupLove_General1_IMG_9057.jpg

#158 2011-10-24 11:26:11

carbonec
Scratcher

fungirl123 wrote:

That is up to one of the forum administrators to make a new forum on here. Otherwise, as a member, we could only post new topics in one of the forums by clicking the Post New Topic link in a forum.

#159 2011-10-24 11:51:26

fungirl123
Scratcher

carbonec wrote:

fungirl123 wrote:

That is up to one of the forum administrators to make a new forum on here. Otherwise, as a member, we could only post new topics in one of the forums by clicking the Post New Topic link in a forum.

Yeah, that's what I meant  smile  Thank you so much!!!!

http://www.thebrag.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/06/GroupLove_General1_IMG_9057.jpg

#160 2011-10-24 12:24:37

carbonec
Scratcher

fungirl123 wrote:

carbonec wrote:

fungirl123 wrote:

Yeah, that's what I meant  smile  Thank you so much!!!!

You're welcome.  smile

#161 2011-10-24 13:54:55

fungirl123
Scratcher

I have another question. Yesterday, my first post was a request to be a curator. I had no idea that I had to be a Scratcher, nor did I know that I was even a New Scratcher (Since, of course, it was my first post). Somebody replied to my request saying that I couldn't be a curator because I was new. Does this hurt my chances of becoming a Scratcher soon???? Please respond. I am super worried.

#162 2011-10-24 14:02:08

carbonec
Scratcher

fungirl123 wrote:

I have another question. Yesterday, my first post was a request to be a curator. I had no idea that I had to be a Scratcher, nor did I know that I was even a New Scratcher (Since, of course, it was my first post). Somebody replied to my request saying that I couldn't be a curator because I was new. Does this hurt my chances of becoming a Scratcher soon???? Please respond. I am super worried.

I believe that the Scratcher status change is dependent on how active you are with posting, making projects, and commenting. So, asking to be a curator shouldn't affect that.

#163 2011-10-24 14:08:53

fungirl123
Scratcher

carbonec wrote:

fungirl123 wrote:

I believe that the Scratcher status change is dependent on how active you are with posting, making projects, and commenting. So, asking to be a curator shouldn't affect that.

Phew! Thanks so much!!!! Again!!!!

#164 2011-10-24 18:42:23

fungirl123
Scratcher

Ok, wow, ANOTHER question. WHAT DOES BUMP MEAN???????????????

#165 2011-10-24 20:11:18

carbonec
Scratcher

fungirl123 wrote:

Ok, wow, ANOTHER question. WHAT DOES BUMP MEAN???????????????

lol, it is perfectly fine. Other people would bump their topics up to the top of the topics list by posting the word bump (it would still be underneath the stickied topics). This way, hopefully more people would see it.

#166 2011-10-24 20:22:27

kayybee
Scratcher

Bump is just a placeholder because you cannot have an empty post and it looks awkward posting without people knowing your reason.

#167 2011-11-14 19:36:21

cvb428
Scratcher

how do I add a project to a gallrey?

#168 2011-11-17 14:10:05

princesscarla4
New Scratcher

I have a few questions about Scratch, I am new to it and am trying to get a better understanding. If you know any of the answers, and can explain them in the simplest way possible. Please post. Thanks

1) Can an object affect another object without you, the programmer, specifically allowing it?

2) Can multiple scripts and methods run at the same time?

3) Scripts are made up of one or more ______?

4) Explain the flow of execution in a scripts/method.

#169 2011-11-17 14:46:10

scimonster
Community Moderator

princesscarla4 wrote:

I have a few questions about Scratch, I am new to it and am trying to get a better understanding. If you know any of the answers, and can explain them in the simplest way possible. Please post. Thanks

1) Can an object affect another object without you, the programmer, specifically allowing it?

This isn't really the place for this, you would have done better posting a new topic in All About Scratch I'll try to answer for you anyways.  smile

1) I don't quite get that. Broadcasts can let sprites (objects) interact.
2) Yep, though technically there's a tiny delay.
3) Blocks.
4) Just goes straight downwards.

Hope that helped!

#170 2011-11-17 15:29:08

rabbit1131
Scratcher

scimonster wrote:

princesscarla4 wrote:

This isn't really the place for this, you would have done better posting a new topic in All About Scratch I'll try to answer for you anyways.  smile

1) I don't quite get that. Broadcasts can let sprites (objects) interact.
3) Blocks.

Hope that helped!

To specify on #1
No, you must specifically allow two objects to interact with each other.

The Intergalactic Adventures of Revesilia! I hope you will partake in this gigantic undertaking, to build the sequel to the hit map The Adventures of Revesilia! The Intergalactic Adventures of Revesilia Map Builders Application thread! http://internetometer.com/image/35004.png

#171 2011-11-21 10:59:26

princesscarla4
New Scratcher

rabbit1131 wrote:

scimonster wrote:

princesscarla4 wrote:

Hope that helped!

To specify on #1
No, you must specifically allow two objects to interact with each other.

-Thanks-

#172 2011-11-21 11:03:05

princesscarla4
New Scratcher

scimonster wrote:

princesscarla4 wrote:

1) I don't quite get that.
3)

Hope that helped!

-thanks-

#173 2011-11-22 12:12:34

chrysale
New Scratcher

Hi folks,
I am desperately looking for a custom block that stops ALL scripts of a sprite. I've searched through the forums and I know that quite a few people are requesting this feature.  I know that there are workarounds using variables, but I fear that my scripts get too complicated for my younger students at primary level. Can anyone help? Thanks in advance!

#174 2011-12-06 21:51:07

Kris7tina
Scratcher

For websites like Weebly and what not, how do I get my projects literally ON the website?

#175 2011-12-07 16:14:43

Jamessr
Scratcher

How do I change my pic. from scratch cat's shadow?!?!?!?!?!?

• Index
  •  » FAQ
  •  » Have a question about Scratch? Search the Scratch Website FAQ Page!

Board footer