This is a read-only archive of the old Scratch 1.x Forums.
Try searching the current Scratch discussion forums.

#1 2010-02-24 19:10:33

katiebug21
Scratcher

Im new and wanna know how 2 create a game:)

Im new and like like to know how to create a game...help PLEASE:)

#2 2010-02-25 03:07:10

Jonathanpb
Scratcher

Re: Im new and wanna know how 2 create a game:)

Hi! Welcome to Scratch.  smile

What type of game would you like to make? I can't help unless I know what type of game you want.  wink

"Human beings... must have action; and they will make it if they cannot find it.
-Charlotte Brontë

#3 2010-02-25 03:11:02

moonlightmist
Scratcher

wwweeeeellllllccccooooooooommme_________________
                                                   /                              \
                                                 /      .                 .         \
                                               /                                      \
                                              |                                       |
                                              |          \                /          |       
                                              |            ________              |
                                               \                                      /
                                                 \                                  /

Last edited by moonlightmist (2010-02-25 03:11:37)

#4 2010-03-19 14:22:38

dudox2000
Scratcher

how do you make an animation type thing

#5 2010-03-21 15:30:32

soupoftomato
Scratcher

There is honestly no correct way to make anything.

Besides, for broad help, we need to know what type of game.

I'm glad to think that the community will always be kind and helpful, the language will always be a fun and easy way to be introduced into programming, the motto will always be: Imagine, Program, Share - Nomolos

#6 2010-03-26 23:43:40

sootkit
Scratcher

how do you make an rpg game

#7 2010-03-27 05:49:36

Paddle2See
Scratch Team

One of the quickest ways to learn how to make projects of any given type is to download similar projects that you find on the website and try playing around with them.  Take them apart and see what makes them work!

Another good place to look for learning projects are the samples that come with your Scratch installation.  Lots of good things there!  If you have trouble understanding what a block does, you can bring up help on it by right-clicking on it (if you have a Mac, use Opt-click).

http://i39.tinypic.com/2nav6o7.gif

#8 2010-03-27 05:49:55

Chrischb
Scratcher

sootkit, it's best to make a thread for a question - bumping a partially unrelated thread isn't the best thing to do.  wink

As for your question: Is it an adventure game, or a project in which you play by posting comments? To make a game, you need a means of moving around a map and interacting with items. If the RPG is played by comments, you can simply upload a guide, instruction list, artwork, or whatever - and allow the commenting to begin.  smile

I fall: It's a tragedy. You fall: It's comedy.
Hmph enjoy your fall - I get a lovely spring... without pans of new leaves.

#9 2010-03-29 16:18:48

Detonator
Scratcher

Chrischb wrote:

sootkit, it's best to make a thread for a question - bumping a partially unrelated thread isn't the best thing to do.  wink

As for your question: Is it an adventure game, or a project in which you play by posting comments? To make a game, you need a means of moving around a map and interacting with items. If the RPG is played by comments, you can simply upload a guide, instruction list, artwork, or whatever - and allow the commenting to begin.  smile

No Way, Hose

http://www.glop.org/gamercard/card/redveeconnor-forumgames.png
Get your own Gamercard Sig.

#10 2010-04-06 14:37:57

jman1st
Scratcher

what do I go on to create my own gme on scratch

Board footer