This is a read-only archive of the old Scratch 1.x Forums.
Try searching the current Scratch discussion forums.

#1 2010-02-08 19:59:53

ScratchUserX
Scratcher

A question.

Hi, I'm new here just decided to join the community here in Scratch.

I also have a question, I'm doing a project for my school and I can't get my cat to jump on the yellow platform that glides up and down that i made which is a sprite 2. Thing is i can keep on pressing "spacebar" to jump on the moving up and down yellow platform but it won't stay on it every time i let go of it.

Here's an image of my problem.

http://i30.photobucket.com/albums/c312/A_d_A_m10000/untitled-4.jpg

Would you happen to know any coding for it?

I'll keep on looking on other threads that has this type of question.

Thanks.

Last edited by ScratchUserX (2010-02-08 20:03:40)

#2 2010-02-09 00:07:34

Jonathanpb
Scratcher

Re: A question.

Okay, I went over your script and made a new one based on it. I simplified a few things - you can use the [go to x: [0] y: [0]] block instead of setting the X and Y seperately. And the fifth if statement does nothing, so I got rid of it.  smile  Anyway, here's the script:

http://img237.imageshack.us/img237/9420/46spritemovingscript.png

Is that all right? Oh, for the <touching color [ ]> block, the yellow is for the moving platform and the black is for the ground.

With the current script you can't move to the left or right while jumping... if you seperate the jumping part and make it a seperate script, that's fixed.  wink

Any questions?

Last edited by Jonathanpb (2010-02-09 00:10:45)

"Human beings... must have action; and they will make it if they cannot find it.
-Charlotte Brontë

#3 2010-02-09 09:11:38

ScratchUserX
Scratcher

Thanks for the reply, but when I just hit the flag the cat just falls off down. without me even doing anything.

What i am trying to do is to make the cat stay on the moving up and down yellow platform so i can get up top and touch the flag.

Though i appreciate for the first 2 blue motions you gave me, That helped.

Last edited by ScratchUserX (2010-02-09 09:53:03)

#4 2010-02-16 17:18:05

rdococ
Scratcher

Jonathanpb wrote:

Okay, I went over your script and made a new one based on it. I simplified a few things - you can use the [go to x: [0] y: [0]] block instead of setting the X and Y seperately. And the fifth if statement does nothing, so I got rid of it.  smile  Anyway, here's the script:

http://img237.imageshack.us/img237/9420 … script.png

Is that all right? Oh, for the <touching color [ ]> block, the yellow is for the moving platform and the black is for the ground.

With the current script you can't move to the left or right while jumping... if you seperate the jumping part and make it a seperate script, that's fixed.  wink

Any questions?

The "and" should be a "or".

Board footer