This is a read-only archive of the old Scratch 1.x Forums.
Try searching the current Scratch discussion forums.

#1 2010-02-03 22:37:54

fireball123
Scratcher

Front Page-how do I get it?

If you are new and are slightly confused, thats ok, everyone has a first.

Some of you may have noticed the frontpage, and the great projects there, and you probably thought: man, I want to be up there someday. I did it too, maybe a little too much  tongue  Anyway thats not the point. Most of the people there have spent at least a year, honing their skills.

If you don't get noticed, remember that there are over 450,000 users, and you are just one of them. The easiest way separate yourself from the average joe, is to find a user, who is good at scratch, and ask them to take a look at your projects, critique it, and most of all, ask them questions (don't get annoying.) You'd be surprised how just a few simple concepts can open many doors.

You maybe think "what does this have to do with getting front page?" I'll tell you.
In a cause and effect, sense. Making good projects is the key, only after you make good projects front page might come, there are easier ways, but this is the best.

The easiest way fo someone to look at your project, is if it look good, and if it IS Good you'll probably get a comment, and your rise begins there. Sharing your project in various galleries helps, but no matter how much add-space you devote, your project still needs to be good.

Last edited by fireball123 (2010-02-05 19:13:55)

I did it for the Lolz

#2 2010-02-04 17:17:36

markyparky56
Scratcher

Re: Front Page-how do I get it?

fireball123 wrote:

Some of you may have noticed the frontpage, and the great projects there, and you probably thought: man, I want to be up there someday. I did it too, maybe a little too much  tongue  Anyway thats not the point. Most of the people there have spent at least a year, honing their skills.

If you don't get noticed, remember that there are over 450,000 users, and you are just one of them. The easiest way separate yourself from the average joe, is to find a user, who is good at scratch, and ask them to take a look at your projects, critique it, and most of all, ask them questions (don't get annoying.) You'd be surprised how just a few simple concepts can open many doors.

You maybe think "what does this have to do with getting front page?" I'll tell you.
In a cause and effect, sense. Making good projects is the key, only after you make good projects front page might come, there are easier ways, but this is the best.

Just an extra message, dont go spamming the other scratchers, nobody likes that and makes you unpopular.
Most of us all start of rubbish, even the greatest on scratch did.

http://j.mp/jgVnTq
Check out my game engine development site: NewDawn I'm a Level 171 Scratcher.I am http://bit.ly/nkvLNT

#3 2010-02-05 00:58:34

Jonathanpb
Scratcher

You can also look at the stickies in Show and Tell - they teach a lot.

The easiest way to get front-paged is by getting your project in the Scratch Design Studio's gallery. It's really easy - just make a project that's the right subject for the gallery, and ask for it to be put in (don't forget to give a link to your project). The projects that get on the front page in Projects selected by the Scratch Design Studio are the projects in that gallery.
The projects displayed in Projects selected by the Scratch Design Studio are selected randomly, and they're changed every few hours - and the chances are that your project will be on there at some point (it's practically guaranteed).
Then you can always claim that you've been on the front page.

Last edited by Jonathanpb (2010-02-05 01:02:13)

"Human beings... must have action; and they will make it if they cannot find it.
-Charlotte Brontë

#4 2010-02-05 02:53:35

markyparky56
Scratcher

Jonathanpb wrote:

The easiest way to get front-paged is by getting your project in the Scratch Design Studio's gallery. It's really easy - just make a project that's the right subject for the gallery, and ask for it to be put in (don't forget to give a link to your project). The projects that get on the front page in Projects selected by the Scratch Design Studio are the projects in that gallery.
The projects displayed in Projects selected by the Scratch Design Studio are selected randomly, and they're changed every few hours - and the chances are that your project will be on there at some point (it's practically guaranteed).

But of course, thats not always enough for some people. Iv been on there a few times. Its surprising at how many more comments you get and can be pretty shocking. But then when you're no longer, you still get more for a while because people know about you.

i think, this is based off my experiences

Check out my game engine development site: NewDawn I'm a Level 171 Scratcher.I am http://bit.ly/nkvLNT

#5 2010-02-05 18:42:30

Greenboi
Scratcher

Has this even got any new users?  tongue 

Nice addition though!  wink

#6 2010-02-05 19:10:12

fireball123
Scratcher

Jonathanpb wrote:

assuming your good at scratch...  hence new users

I did it for the Lolz

#7 2010-02-06 01:27:27

Jonathanpb
Scratcher

fireball123 wrote:

Jonathanpb wrote:

Projects in those galleries can be simple - if the subject is about lists, just make a project that uses one. Of course, you'll actually have to make a good implementation of the list.  wink

"Human beings... must have action; and they will make it if they cannot find it.
-Charlotte Brontë

#8 2010-02-06 07:58:51

markyparky56
Scratcher

Jonathanpb wrote:

fireball123 wrote:

Jonathanpb wrote:

Projects in those galleries can be simple - if the subject is about lists, just make a project that uses one. Of course, you'll actually have to make a good implementation of the list.  wink

Obviously, if its like an invintory or something more advanced, they put it in, what would make them not put it in?

#9 2010-03-29 16:49:01

TheGameMaster1231
Scratcher

fireball123 wrote:

The easiest way fo someone to look at your project, is if it look good, and if it IS Good you'll probably get a comment, and your rise begins there. Sharing your project in various galleries helps, but no matter how much add-space you devote, your project still needs to be good.

You Are Completely Right. I Asked 08jackt To Check Out My Projects, And He Viewed My Projects And Added Me As A Freind. And That Is True That Your Project Needs To Be Good, Because Have You Seen Any Projects That've Been Featured That Are Extremely Pointless And Horrible? Nope. So Yes, You Are Correct, And I Encourage People To Use These Tips Too.  big_smile

Board footer