This is a read-only archive of the old Scratch 1.x Forums.
Try searching the current Scratch discussion forums.

#51 2010-01-20 16:14:59

Dazachi
Retired Community Moderator

Re: Unveiled Inc.

Ideas for a first game?

Dazachi, Retired Community Moderator
May also know me as OJACheung.

#52 2010-01-20 16:18:31

juststickman
Scratcher

Hmmm.... How about a game where you're trying to make a world of stickmen werewaffles? You would be shooting waffles, and every stickman that eats one will give you extra waffles(ammunition?) ? Then you could go into cities, and try to bounce (slide?) waffles off of roofs and cars to land near stickmen that will eat them! And some stickmen may be stickmen that stop people from eating waffles (diet freaks? XD), so you have to avoid them. And maybe their could be a way to lure the stickmen so that your waffle cannon can fire waffles near (not at) them? And then occasionally, your waffle city will be attacked by hungry werepigs, and you have to throw something at them to keep them away. Maybe it could turn into an arms race between werewaffles and werepigs? Like you start as primitive things trying to survive. Then as your population grows, your technology advances...

Werewaffles are normal stickmen. But every full moon, they turn into waffles. If their friends eat the waffle, they turn into werewaffles. And then the next full moon... more werewaffles... and more... and more... when 1000 waffles are reached, they will squish together to form a waffle creature that starts a waffle city. And as the small werewaffle crumbs get eaten by hungry, poor stickmen, more werewaffles are created. And then every few hundred, they squish together and make another citizen. Werewaffles can live on gasses in the air, they don't eat each other.

Werepigs are the same. But with bacon.

From programmer (not ideas guy) point of view:

In general:

A cannon could be pretty simple to script, just shooting waffles that are affected by gravity and slope detection. Stickmen could have a script saying if distance to waffle is less than (the hunger variable?) something, they would eat the waffle and become ammunition. But perhaps you could say that you can only shoot every month (on full moons, when your stickmen turn into waffles) and increase your population?

Maybe on one side of the screen is your waffle city (with a cannon for you to aim), and the other is the city that you're trying to waffle (would change over time). And then werepigs could come from the city (from a bacon factory?) or if they are advanced enough, planes from the air!

Cannon:
Could be simple, using sine and cosine to calculate the velocity, and then using normal hit detection methods. Perhaps as you advance, your cannon gets better (larger sine and cosine multiplier)?

Stickmen:
If distance to waffle is less than (hunger variable), animated walking to waffle and eating it. Change stickmen variable by one, and walk out of the area of the city that we can see.

Werepig:
Basically an enemy that charges at the waffle city (point towards and move). If touching waffle, change health by something (decreasing). If touching waffle city, change waffles (not the ammunition, the resource) by something (decreasing)

Waffle:
Look at cannon script

Time:
Maybe 10 seconds is equal to 1 day? So around every 5 minutes you go on a mad waffle run. Maybe less time, and time stops for 30 seconds on full moons to let you go mad with your waffle cannon? Werepigs will keep you busy while not creating new citizens.

Clearly, I actually thought about this idea.

Last edited by juststickman (2010-01-20 16:26:57)

http://is.gd/iBQi2 Add grob to your sig and help with world dominiation!http://is.gd/iBQ9Q                                                             Hey guys, we're seriously naming our team bob?

#53 2010-01-20 16:20:02

Lucario621
Community Moderator

juststickman wrote:

Hmmm.... How about a game where you're trying to make a world of stickmen werewaffles? You would be shooting waffles, and every stickman that eats one will give you extra waffles(ammunition?) ? Then you could go into cities, and try to bounce (slide?) waffles off of roofs and cars to land near stickmen that will eat them! And some stickmen may be stickmen that stop people from eating waffles (diet freaks? XD), so you have to avoid them. And maybe their could be a way to lure the stickmen so that your waffle cannon can fire waffles near (not at) them? And then occasionally, your waffle city will be attacked by hungry werepigs, and you have to throw something at them to keep them away. Maybe it could turn into an arms race between werewaffles and werepigs? Like you start as primitive things trying to survive. Then as your population grows, your technology advances...

Werewaffles are normal stickmen. But every full moon, they turn into waffles. If their friends eat the waffle, they turn into werewaffles. And then the next full moon... more werewaffles... and more... and more... when 1000 waffles are reached, they will squish together to form a waffle creature that starts a waffle city. And as the small werewaffle crumbs get eaten by hungry, poor stickmen, more werewaffles are created. And then every few hundred, they squish together and make another citizen. Werewaffles can live on gasses in the air, they don't eat each other.

juststickman in his signature wrote:

This post has too many lines

Agreed  tongue

Last edited by Lucario621 (2010-01-20 16:20:20)

http://i.imgur.com/WBkM2QQ.png

#54 2010-01-20 16:22:59

Dazachi

Lucario621 wrote:

juststickman wrote:

juststickman in his signature wrote:

This post has too many lines

Agreed  tongue

Lol. And the idea is a bit complicated. Maybe we could make it not so complicated? By the way, I am done the site. The link is www.unveiled-inc.webs.com. Join it. I can't do HTML unfortunately.

#55 2010-01-20 16:24:45

Dazachi

I see you have added more. So basically the waffle city is being attack by pigs? Did I get it right? Well we first need an artist.

#56 2010-01-20 16:28:12

juststickman
Scratcher

Dazachi wrote:

I see you have added more. So basically the waffle city is being attack by pigs? Did I get it right? Well we first need an artist.

The basic idea is:

You're a waffle. If stickmen eat you, they become waffles for other stickmen to eat. The more waffles you get, the better technology your waffle city gets. But werepigs could be hungry, so you need to shoot random objects (a shoe?) at them. You can only turn stickmen into waffles on full moons.

http://is.gd/iBQi2 Add grob to your sig and help with world dominiation!http://is.gd/iBQ9Q                                                             Hey guys, we're seriously naming our team bob?

#57 2010-01-20 16:29:17

Lucario621
Community Moderator

juststickman wrote:

Dazachi wrote:

The basic idea is:

You're a waffle. If stickmen eat you, they become waffles for other stickmen to eat. The more waffles you get, the better technology your waffle city gets. But werepigs could be hungry, so you need to shoot random objects (a shoe?) at them. You can only turn stickmen into waffles on full moons.

IMO, everything is nice about the idea, but why does it have to be waffles, stickmen, and werepigs?

http://i.imgur.com/WBkM2QQ.png

#58 2010-01-20 16:30:15

juststickman
Scratcher

Lucario621 wrote:

juststickman wrote:

Dazachi wrote:

The basic idea is:

IMO, everything is nice about the idea, but why does it have to be waffles, stickmen, and werepigs?

Because I want to prove that werewaffles PWN werepigs.

Stickmen, because I can make stickmen animations, but I can't make human animations.

#59 2010-01-20 16:30:59

Dazachi

juststickman wrote:

Dazachi wrote:

The basic idea is:

So stickmen and werepigs are bad guys?

#60 2010-01-20 16:32:17

juststickman
Scratcher

Dazachi wrote:

juststickman wrote:

Dazachi wrote:

The basic idea is:

Stickmen are your targets. You WANT them to eat you so that there are more of your kind. Werpigs are the bad guys.

#61 2010-01-20 16:33:52

RHY3756547
Scratcher

This game sounds creepy. :X

#62 2010-01-20 16:34:16

Dazachi

juststickman wrote:

Lucario621 wrote:

juststickman wrote:

The basic idea is:

Because I want to prove that werewaffles PWN werepigs.

Stickmen, because I can make stickmen animations, but I can't make human animations.

Stickmen are good for this projects for the humans.

#63 2010-01-20 16:35:17

Dazachi

juststickman wrote:

Dazachi wrote:

juststickman wrote:

The basic idea is:

Stickmen are your targets. You WANT them to eat you so that there are more of your kind. Werpigs are the bad guys.

So Stickmen are the equlivent to coins in many games and werepigs are like monsters?

#64 2010-01-20 16:41:51

Dazachi

RHY3756547 wrote:

This game sounds creepy. :X

Lol.

#65 2010-01-20 16:55:05

urhungry
Scratcher

juststickman wrote:

From programmer (not ideas guy) point of view:

In general:

A cannon could be pretty simple to script, just shooting waffles that are affected by gravity and slope detection. Stickmen could have a script saying if distance to waffle is less than (the hunger variable?) something, they would eat the waffle and become ammunition. But perhaps you could say that you can only shoot every month (on full moons, when your stickmen turn into waffles) and increase your population?

Maybe on one side of the screen is your waffle city (with a cannon for you to aim), and the other is the city that you're trying to waffle (would change over time). And then werepigs could come from the city (from a bacon factory?) or if they are advanced enough, planes from the air!

Cannon:
Could be simple, using sine and cosine to calculate the velocity, and then using normal hit detection methods. Perhaps as you advance, your cannon gets better (larger sine and cosine multiplier)?

Stickmen:
If distance to waffle is less than (hunger variable), animated walking to waffle and eating it. Change stickmen variable by one, and walk out of the area of the city that we can see.

Werepig:
Basically an enemy that charges at the waffle city (point towards and move). If touching waffle, change health by something (decreasing). If touching waffle city, change waffles (not the ammunition, the resource) by something (decreasing)

Waffle:
Look at cannon script

Time:
Maybe 10 seconds is equal to 1 day? So around every 5 minutes you go on a mad waffle run. Maybe less time, and time stops for 30 seconds on full moons to let you go mad with your waffle cannon? Werepigs will keep you busy while not creating new citizens.

Clearly, I actually thought about this idea.

Sound awesome. I am perfectly willing to make this.

Last edited by urhungry (2010-01-20 16:57:40)

#66 2010-01-20 17:38:09

Dazachi

So who would like to make the base- wait. Will this be a platform, or walk-around or what?

#67 2010-01-20 17:56:33

soupoftomato
Scratcher

I have to join as a programmer! PWEASE! You scrapped Masked so, I NEED IN!

I'm glad to think that the community will always be kind and helpful, the language will always be a fun and easy way to be introduced into programming, the motto will always be: Imagine, Program, Share - Nomolos

#68 2010-01-20 17:58:06

Ace-of-Spades
Scratcher

If we put 'In Affiliation with Lord Sprites', we can use them as our artist without being judged. I'll guess that this will be a sidescroller game and I'll go talk to Lord about it now.

11110010100011010100011010101000100011011011001010111100101000110101000110101010001000110110110010101111001010001101010001101010100010001101101100101011110010100011010100011010101000100011011011001010
110101010010001010101010101010101010101010100110101010010101010010101001101011010101010010101010101

#69 2010-01-20 18:08:39

RHY3756547
Scratcher

Ace-of-Spades wrote:

If we put 'In Affiliation with Lord Sprites', we can use them as our artist without being judged. I'll guess that this will be a sidescroller game and I'll go talk to Lord about it now.

I love their sprites. Can't wait to see the game.  smile

#70 2010-01-20 18:10:03

Dazachi

soupoftomato wrote:

I have to join as a programmer! PWEASE! You scrapped Masked so, I NEED IN!

I guess that is sorta fair. But I can't accept anyone else. We already have a lot. And join the site.

Last edited by Dazachi (2010-01-20 18:11:48)

#71 2010-01-20 18:11:17

Dazachi

Ace-of-Spades wrote:

Who is Lord Sprites?

#72 2010-01-20 18:13:42

pinochio
Scratcher

Hope it works out  tongue  You still in Evil String?

Flat Out G

#73 2010-01-20 18:14:02

Dazachi

pinochio wrote:

Hope it works out  tongue  You still in Evil String?

Of course!

#74 2010-01-20 18:22:18

RHY3756547
Scratcher

Dazachi wrote:

Ace-of-Spades wrote:

Who is Lord Sprites?

http://www.punbb-hosting.com/forums/supersprites/index.php

#75 2010-01-20 18:29:18

Dazachi

Wow. Is Lord a Scratch user?

Board footer